Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D6CCE452-9639-4AC2-9BD3-865CDC7A0EE1 (resized).png
WP_20180419_08_23_32_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20180419_08_24_15_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20180419_08_24_20_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20180419_08_23_32_Pro (resized).jpg
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

DE GnR only covers their first album, appetite for destruction.

Just curios, do you know what other songs the pinsound board adds?

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Just curios, do you know what other songs the pinsound board adds?

You can add any that you like but there are a couple different mixes out there already.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You can add any that you like but there are a couple different mixes out there already.

Ah ok. Thanks.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Am I missing something? I just played a GnR at pocketeer in buffalo and it felt just as good as a Williams and even similar to sterns today. My favorite game there.

Are you new to the pinball scene or pinball in general? I was and when I first started I never understood why people put down DE games b/c to me they felt just as good and often had the best licenses. Now that I've put a lot of time in playing pinballs, it just recently clicked - I can now tell and feel that difference a lot of folks point to. Cheaper is the best way I can explain it but it's so distinct now that I've actually shy away from buying anymore DE games b/c I crave that BW feel.

#55 5 years ago

but if you want a data east game gnr is the one of few that's worth owning!

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Are you new to the pinball scene or pinball in general? I was and when I first started I never understood why people put down DE games b/c to me they felt just as good and often had the best licenses. Now that I've put a lot of time in playing pinballs, it just recently clicked - I can now tell and feel that difference a lot of folks point to. Cheaper is the best way I can explain it but it's so distinct now that I've actually shy away from buying anymore DE games b/c I crave that BW feel.

Not really new to pinball. Have always had a game my entire life. Just started really getting into it about a year ago. I agree there is definitely a difference in feel and quality between a Data East game and a B/W game. Imo GnR is the game that is closest to feeling like a B/W when it is kept maintained. I have definitely put time into many games in the last year, and I know what you mean about that B/W feel. If I didn’t have the budget that I had, I would COMPLETELY overlook DE/SEGA games, and only go for the best of the best B/W games in my collection. One of the reasons that I love DE so much is that, I feel they provide decent rules and decent shots for the best value.

#57 5 years ago

DE GnR only covers their first album, appetite for destruction. Their use your illusions albums could support a game unto their selve. Lies is a great album that could use some theme integration.

That’s not exactly accurate. The game was released in 94, is the post Appetite version of the band, and actually has the UYI album cover art on the play field. It has music and mode references from UYI and GNR Lies in it too, like RIOT, Coma and Patience, although the main themes are Appetite standards.

#58 5 years ago

I watched about 5 minutes of a Guns n roses concert on axs a few days ago just to see how bad it was and I was not disappointed, worse than I could have imagined. Most overrated band ever! The pin is fun though.

#59 5 years ago

DE GnR only covers their first album, appetite for destruction.

Not entirely true, it references Use Your Illusion in the pop bumper art, and one of the modes is Coma, which is off their UYI 1 album.
Any true die hard GNR fan has already swapped out their stock sound board with Pinsound and put in whatever clips and sounds they want (I know I have)

#60 5 years ago

Never mind, previous poster covered this.

2 weeks later
#61 5 years ago

Since Toy Story and Wonka releases have supposedly been swapped and we know Lawlor's doing Toy Story, that makes Wonka too close to Pirates to also be done by Eric Meunier, it seems very likely that Eric could be the designer for jjGnR. So the pins would be Wonka, Toy Story, jjGnR with ???, Lawlor, Meunier designing.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Not entirely true, it references Use Your Illusion in the pop bumper art, and one of the modes is Coma, which is off their UYI 1 album.
Any true die hard GNR fan has already swapped out their stock sound board with Pinsound and put in whatever clips and sounds they want (I know I have)

Well I guess I will be purchasing a pinsound board today and speakers. I have to stop reading these posts.
So is this pinsound board easy to set up?

#63 5 years ago

If people own GnR without a pinsound board, I'm not even sure you really own GnR. It's like playing the game without flippers. It's imperative.

#64 5 years ago

Slash said in a couple articles that he is currently working on a new machine.

So if JJP is doing this it must be in the works with one of their designers already or perhaps someone else is mfg the machine.

#65 5 years ago

I'm a huge GnR fan .. and the noise of any new GnR pin is beyond exciting. Here is the Slash article from 5 days ago in which he mentions 'working on a GnR machine.' That could be take two ways, he is either restoring one OR working with someone on building a new one. http://gnrcentral.com.ezwp.ezoic.com/2018/08/16/slash-reveals-pinball-project/

#66 5 years ago

I hope the rumors of this turn out to be false.

We really need to stop remaking machines that have already been done

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

But machines that have already been done are the only ones we can remake.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

But machines that have already been done are the only ones we can remake.

Haha, thanks for pointing out my failures in making my point.

I like your style!

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I'm a huge GnR fan .. and the noise of any new GnR pin is beyond exciting. Here is the Slash article from 5 days ago in which he mentions 'working on a GnR machine.' That could be take two ways, he is either restoring one OR working with someone on building a new one. http://gnrcentral.com.ezwp.ezoic.com/2018/08/16/slash-reveals-pinball-project/

Haha. The online "pinball machine" he was talking about working on is up and looks like it was made by a 5 year old.

https://pinball.slashonline.com/

Still betting on a jjp GnR.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I hope the rumors of this turn out to be false.

They are true.

#71 5 years ago

How are you so certain?

I really hope you’re wrong

#72 5 years ago

A jjp “re-imagining” of a GNR pin with high def music, music videos, concert footage from all eras could be the amazing breakout success JJP has needed for awhile. Their technology and approach to pinball is absolutely second to none in the industry. They are the right partner for a new GNR pin for sure. I highly doubt jjp would “remake” the same pin. They are too good and too talented for that.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

How are you so certain?
I really hope you’re wrong

I know some people who know some people who....

I'm not.

#74 5 years ago

I hope they incorporate a multi-directional spinning disc into the game...wait a minute—didn’t they already try that?

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I hope they incorporate a multi-directional spinning disc into the game...wait a minute—didn’t they already try that?

I want Mr. Brownstone mode where everything gets really bright and happy and you get amazing bonuses, then when you end, you're shown you got nothing but an STD to get rid of.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

...you're shown you got nothing but an STD to get rid of.

Sounds like JJP

#77 5 years ago

Well ordered the pinsound board, pinsound speakers and the led color display today. This along with the led kit I have ready to install should make for a good face lift on this old GNR. I would still buy a new JJP GNR if it happens.

#78 5 years ago

If this is really true, a JJP Guns and roses pin... this could be mine!

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

If this is really true, a JJP Guns and roses pin... this could be mine!

Has the potential to be a big seller for JJP if the theme is done well (and I have no reason to believe it won't be). Do want.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocd:

Well ordered the pinsound board, pinsound speakers and the led color display today. This along with the led kit I have ready to install should make for a good face lift on this old GNR. I would still buy a new JJP GNR if it happens.

LED kit and LED color DMD done. All I can say is WOW. Waiting on pinsound board and speakers, cannot wait.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-remake-/page/2?hl=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.