(Topic ID: 266414)

Guns n Roses PM loading 2 balls on first ball

By adamorichearo

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have been working on fixing some problems with my GnR pm. I have fixed pretty much everything, except when the game starts, it is loading 2 balls in. Every ball after that is working correctly. My FORWARD/REVERSE and Step buttons are not working so I am not sure if it is a audit or adjustment that was accidentally set. I have ordered a new button for each so that I can try to put things back to normal.
The sensor for the solenoid for loading seems to be working so I do not think this is an issue. The solenoid that moves the gate to allow balls to move to be loaded seems to be working fine too, maybe it is a bit sloppy (I don't know how it should be normally functioning).

Does anyone know why this would be happening?

Thanks

Added over 4 years ago:

I have been working on fixing some problems with my GnR pm. I have fixed pretty much everything, except when the game starts, it is loading 2 balls in. Every ball after that is working correctly. My FORWARD/REVERSE button is not working so I am not sure if it is a audit or adjustment that was accidentally set. I have ordered a new button so that I can try to put things back to normal.

I can still use my step button to go through Diagnostics, because my FORWARD/REVERSE is broken in the diagnostics position, but my Step button works. And since my coin slot assembly doesn't work I had always played the game on free play, I think the game got (accidentally) reset so I must pay to play, but since I cannot go into Audits and Adjustments, I cannot change to free play.
I have been playing by giving myself Service Tokens in the Diagnostics as a little work around for now. Maybe this is a bug with playing Service Token games?

The sensor for the solenoid for loading seems to be working so I do not think this is an issue. The solenoid that moves the gate to allow balls to move to be loaded seems to be working fine too, maybe it is a bit sloppy (I don't know how it should be normally functioning).

The second ball sensor from the left is not working which might be an issue? But I don't understand why it would be causing this issue.
The only other sensor that is not working is the first one on the R ramp.

Does anyone know why this would be happening?

Thanks

#2 3 years ago

Shooter lane switch not registering? Ball trough switches malfunctioning?
Odd that it only happens ball one. Time to get into the switch test and do some testing.

#3 3 years ago

You'll get more attention and more relevant replies on the SS forum.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

You'll get more attention and more relevant replies on the SS forum.

yeah, anytime I have a problem with my gnr I always go to the scared stiff forum first!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Shooter lane switch not registering? Ball trough switches malfunctioning?
Odd that it only happens ball one. Time to get into the switch test and do some testing.

Did a switch test and just have 2 not working, currently the second ball switch from the left is not working and the first switch on the R ramp.
I don't suppose that the second ball switch could be causing this? Do you think so?
I have new switches ordered already.
Thanks

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

yeah, anytime I have a problem with my gnr I always go to the scared stiff forum first!

I will put something similar there once I figure out how to. I am very new to this website and don't know what is what yet haha.

Thanks for the recommendation though!

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from adamorichearo:

Did a switch test and just have 2 not working, currently the second ball switch from the left is not working and the first switch on the R ramp.
I don't suppose that the second ball switch could be causing this? Do you think so?
I have new switches ordered already.
Thanks

Yes, that could be the cause. Try adjusting them if they are physical switches. Sometimes you can bend the arm slightly or tighten them or move them a little.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Yes, that could be the cause. Try adjusting them if they are physical switches. Sometimes you can bend the arm slightly or tighten them or move them a little.

Nah its busted, this switch is the only one that is different from the rest so either its scraps or original. The button can be heard to click, but no signal is going out. It is visibly an old switch, but the connections seem to all be intact.

#9 3 years ago

YeOldPinPlayer I think it definitely is the second ball sensor causing this. I realized that the reason this was only occurring on the first ball was because I was removing the second ball that was being added to the ramp from the game. Every time that I would take the ball out I was forgetting until the game ended. Since the 6th ball was out of the machine, for the rest of the balls played, there was always one less ball in the loading area.
I believe the coding must check to see which ball sensor furthest to the left is set to on to determine if the ball had actually been put on the ramp (seems weird they wouldn't just check the actual ramp sensor). Since the 6th ball was left out of the game then after 1 ball was shot into the ramp the 3rd sensor from the left was the one furthest to the left set to on. Since this sensor works then it knew a ball had been put on the ramp.

I tested this theory by adding the removed ball back into the game before it shot the ball on the ramp to be played. When I did this it would again add 2 balls to the ramp.

Thanks for the help guys!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-pm-loading-2-balls-on-first-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.