Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8541AFD9-5AAD-4364-8E27-6EB7203C3FB0 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20200410-140844~2 (resized).png
    Slash.jpg
    D427E21C-9978-4A58-A1AA-BEA9384F56A7 (resized).jpeg
    BD83D112-EFA1-42F8-A64F-70B859F90464 (resized).jpeg
    07CB3B09-69D8-44F7-8046-1048CAB5D284 (resized).jpeg
    3031911C-EF8D-44D4-B834-165FC9994975 (resized).jpeg
    94616A73-DCBB-4DD0-BDAC-624069768E97 (resized).jpeg
    F0B15300-185F-472F-B5DC-B35AA5AB9E3F (resized).jpeg
    87F8037D-D015-4C7A-B40C-4AE1240BE276 (resized).jpeg
    4BF412C9-DA4A-4BA6-9444-CEEA6AD21BFA (resized).jpeg
    8A4362B7-951F-46B2-ABAC-428CA51F5D97 (resized).jpeg
    2017-11-06 Chicago (resized).jpg
    2017-10-08 Philadelphia (resized).jpg
    2017-08-24 Winnipeg (resized).jpg
    D1B8CC69-E368-45D3-9519-FEC2494E9D58 (resized).jpeg

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 4 years ago

Yeah the original is a high bar, so curious how JJP is going to pull this off. I'd rather it be in their court though than Stern any day. Also they don't have Borg on this one, so it will be vastly different regardless but hopefully in a good way.

Not selling my Data East GNR regardless, but depending it may get company

#102 4 years ago

I tried this beauty for the 1st time ever just this past February and man... it is amazing!

Knowing that JJP is behind, I’m positive that it will be a "Must Have”(The Revolver it is a nice touch, I hope that stays )

94616A73-DCBB-4DD0-BDAC-624069768E97 (resized).jpeg94616A73-DCBB-4DD0-BDAC-624069768E97 (resized).jpeg
    #103 4 years ago

Yeah I have to say, this machine has something very unique which is both an auto plunger/gun and a manual plunger AKA Snakepit. Its the best of both worlds and you get 2 sets of different types of skill shots.

When im playing an auto only game, I miss the manual true skill shot plunger. But then sometimes when im playing a manual plunger game, kind of nice to have that auto plunge. Ramps are smooth AF and lots of tough things to get (IE Spelling SNAKE on the outer loops).

So yeah, JJP hopefully is looking through the gems and making something way over the top.

Per Jersey Jack himself "I'm working on it"

#104 4 years ago

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/8544389/guns-n-roses-in-this-lifetime-tour

The Not in This Lifetime tour has wrapped...3rd highest grossing of all time

1 month later
    #105 4 years ago

Very quiet here. Hmmmm

Meanwhile, if you haven't seen The Rainbow Bar documentary, do yourself a big favor and put that puppy on. Its the Church of Rock & Rock and Gun's home

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Very quiet here. Hmmmm
    Meanwhile, if you haven't seen The Rainbow Bar documentary, do yourself a big favor and put that puppy on. Its the Church of Rock & Rock and Gun's home

Last I heard JJP is still shooting for a Q1 GnR release, but history tells us this could get pushed waaaayyyy back...it would be nice to get some more info on the game in the meantime.

#107 4 years ago

Per kaneda game is already done and ready. Tpf reveal. I've heard the same from a few folks too. We'll see. I'm excited!

#108 4 years ago

I’m getting very excited. The data east was a favourite of mine for many years and I love gnr.

Haven’t been a fan of jjp games so far though so I hope this one is different.

Still a very high bar to Reach and in most people opinions they fell way short with th vs lotr.

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I’m getting very excited. The data east was a favourite of mine for many years and I love gnr.
    Haven’t been a fan of jjp games so far though so I hope this one is different.
    Still a very high bar to Reach and in most people opinions they fell way short with th vs lotr.

Since Eric is doing GnR and he designed the FANTASTIC jjPotC, fingers crossed he can do it again. If it has 15 tracks as rumored, that will be amazing.

#110 4 years ago

Any idea of the track list?

#111 4 years ago

Gents,
    What is TPF reveal?
    I hope the 15 tracks are original GnR.....
    This could be so special.....

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Gents,
    What is TPF reveal?

TPF...the Texas Pinball Festival. It's 3/27-30th this year.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

TPF...the Texas Pinball Festival. It's 3/27-30th this year.

Thanks man, appreciate it

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Gents,
    What is TPF reveal?

With Slash driving this as a pin fan, I can't imagine the non-Slash GnR having much of a presence on the track list.

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

With Slash driving this as a pin fan, I can't imagine the non-Slash GnR having much of a presence on the track list.

Agreed. It could have a new song as well. They did that last time.

On another note, I'm really hoping Arian Buhler does the art. He did a lot of lithographs for the tour and his work is incredible.

#116 4 years ago

Are we hearing widebody it standard? Hoping widebody

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Are we hearing widebody it standard? Hoping widebody

Not Lawlor, so it's probably widebody.

#118 4 years ago

^^^^I know this sounds crazy but on this pin, my main worry is JJP screwing the artwork. I would love an adult theme too ....true rock style:-
    1. Cool art packaged
    2. Great integrated music with all the early hits we love
    3. Wide body/ Standard / doesn’t matter to me
    4 Gameplay - if it’s any good that’s a bonus, love to see what they conjure up

#119 4 years ago

Totally excited for this one. Just trying to think how the rules can make it special and different compared to AC/DC and Metallica.

#120 4 years ago

Needs to be a Widebody, like all your moms & Axl

#121 4 years ago

I’m all in on this one! Will look awesome next to my DE GNR. Now to start selling blood to pay for it.

#122 4 years ago

If there is no 'Eat Something off Axel's Deli Tray' shot, it will be a complete disappointment.

1 week later
    #123 4 years ago

A music pin can really be just about anything you could think of...that's the good and the bad of it.

Sparky was just made up, but works really well for Metallica. For Aerosmith that had the Jacky character...pretty cool overall toy. The Gene head didn't work too well, but the concept was on point with balls coming out of his mouth.

The first time around, Slash's love for snakes's was a big inspiration, and you were basically assembling all the members of the band together.

I had an idea...don't know if it's good or not, but the setting/theme of the pin could be the 80's sunset strip in Hollywood. The band formed there, and there early days/music were heavily influenced by the strip.

You could get pretty off the wall with a music pin too. You could have like a battle of bands where they are "killing" other bands...like mortal combat meets guitar hero. The band members could form into a Voltron style machine. Or maybe go Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure route and they're saving the world with music.

It will be interesting to see what they have come up with.

#124 4 years ago

I’d buy that Sunset Strip pin. Would need to include Whiskey, Roxy, Rainbow, Harleys, hookers, drugs, and Ron Jeremy

#126 4 years ago

Excellent story, thanks for posting Rocky.

I wonder why with all the passion for Pinballs... Slash sold his Emerald Wizard Of OZ

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Excellent story, thanks for posting Rocky.
    I wonder why with all the passion for Pinballs... Slash sold his Emerald Wizard Of OZ

He only had a few pins at any given time, and a brand new GnR pin incoming to test out. Maybe it had something to do with the divorce agreement, too...

#128 4 years ago

Yeah, definitely a divorce item. I’ve been told Slash gave his original Data East GNR pin to Rock Hall in order for that crazy lady not to take half of that

#129 4 years ago

Wow!! What a great article

#130 4 years ago

Yeah the timing, the drama, the band in its prime mess, and Snake Pit with Matt, you wonder how JJP is gonna top Data East as it was made in the middle of all that. I think I’m just gonna except they’re not gonna top it but rather make something different and relevant to GNR now. Duff has his own band, Slash has the Miles Kennedy band, Axl DC, etc.

If the band releases a full unreleased album exclusively in the machine, we’ll that would make history for sure.

So time will tell. I’m not selling my DE GNR ever, and still wondering if TOTAN is gonna get moved to make way for JJP

3031911C-EF8D-44D4-B834-165FC9994975 (resized).jpeg3031911C-EF8D-44D4-B834-165FC9994975 (resized).jpeg
    #131 4 years ago

Fellas, what color do you think that the lock down bar, legs and side rails this new Pinball should have?...

Because G N’ R(1994) It is in black, I don’t mind the JJP with something very different like gray or silver(not chrome) something like their "Greatest Hits Album", perhaps a shiny black with the decals in that silver/gray...

Probably I will get executed here but I don’t mind white either, I like the way that "Supreme Pinball" looks.

Cheers
    07CB3B09-69D8-44F7-8046-1048CAB5D284 (resized).jpeg07CB3B09-69D8-44F7-8046-1048CAB5D284 (resized).jpeg

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas, what color do you think that the lock down bar, legs and side rails this game should have?...
    Because G N’ R(1994) It is in black, I don’t mind something very different like gray or silver(not chrome) something like their "Greatest Hits Album", perhaps a shiny black with the decals in that silver/gray...
    Probably I will get executed here but I don’t mind white either, I like the way that "Supreme Pinball" looks.
    Cheers
    [quoted image]

Are you talking about speculating what it should be for the new pin or the existing 1994 pin?

EDIT: It really depends on where JJP has gone with the color scheme. I think gunmetal gray could look really great, as could a sparkle black or something like the blood red orangey sparkle on Deadpool LE. Ideally JJP could have an LE and a CE color scheme that are substantially different (not just barnacles, heh!). Make the CE really special.

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Are you talking about speculating what it should be for the new pin or the existing 1994 pin?

... just edited that little detail brother

#134 4 years ago

Maybe Gold like Slash’s guitar?

BD83D112-EFA1-42F8-A64F-70B859F90464 (resized).jpegBD83D112-EFA1-42F8-A64F-70B859F90464 (resized).jpeg
    #135 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Maybe Gold like Slash’s guitar?

That's a nice goldtop, but Slash's signature is definitely the '59 Les Paul with a faded sunburst top, and that would not make good pinball armor!!

#136 4 years ago

If JJP nail the art on this it will be Rad Cal City all the way!

#137 4 years ago

What is the speculation on the Set List for GnR from JJP ?

If songs are right.. Well yeah, I think I'm all in.

#138 4 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

Don't think there's been any concrete news...there's a rumor it has 15 songs.

I'm guessing heavy Appetite, several from the Illusions, maybe one from lies, maybe one from Chinese Democracy, and maybe one new song. They have a song that leaked a while back called Hardschool. It's really great and perfect for pinball.

2 weeks later
    #139 4 years ago

It’s happening

https://texaspinball.com/tpf/jacks-bringing-your-golden-ticket-to-imagination-and-adventure/

“don’t miss the Jersey Jack Pinball seminar with Eric Meunier and Butch Peel.”

Discussing POTC? I don’t think so

1 week later
    #140 4 years ago

In listening to the TPN podcast, "The Pinball Show" Zach said he thinks GnR could be unveiled before TPF, which means it will likely be revealed in the next 4-5 weeks.

He alluded to JJP keeping the reveal in house with a stream and that machines would be shipping as soon as 2 weeks after the reveal.

It sounds like great news. We won't be waiting much longer to see it!

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

In listening to the TPN podcast, "The Pinball Show" Zach said he thinks GnR could be unveiled before TPF, which means it will likely be revealed in the next 4-5 weeks.
    He alluded to JJP keeping the reveal in house with a stream and that machines would be shipping as soon as 2 weeks after the reveal.
    It sounds like great news. We won't be waiting much longer to see it!

I'm nearly jizzing in my shorts with expectation....seriously

#142 4 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

I did request some songs from Eric...I would really love to see some Civil War, Estranged, Rocket Queen, or You Could Be Mine. Maybe, the Lies album version of Your Crazy! So many amazing songs to choose from. I am seeing GNR for the Third time this July 4th at Summerfest in Milwaukee and I am super stoked for this JJP pin. So glad Slash is involved, after all, he designed the "G" and "R" ramps on the Data East version...

#143 4 years ago

JJP did an amazing job with POTC Collector’s, that Davy Jones in rotten green with those corals in the Pinball body... it was simply a beautiful touch. I expect something like that in a GNR Collector’s(if JJP decides to have them) with snakes and/or roses.

2 weeks later
    #144 4 years ago
    D427E21C-9978-4A58-A1AA-BEA9384F56A7 (resized).jpegD427E21C-9978-4A58-A1AA-BEA9384F56A7 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #145 4 years ago

Well with no pinball festivals in site, looks like Data East Guns N Roses will be the only show in town.

Still the king after 25+ years

Slash.jpgSlash.jpg
    #146 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Well with no pinball festivals in site, looks like Data East Guns N Roses will be the only show in town.
    Still the king after 25+ years[quoted image]

JJP moving to Chicago is likely going to delay the release as well. It will take months I bet to get manufacturing set up and going in a new facility.

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

JJP moving to Chicago is likely going to delay the release as well. It will take months I bet to get manufacturing set up and going in a new facility.

Not sure they do manufacturing. More an assembly company. Setting up or moving an assembly track line is really not that horrible. They don't have any major equipment rigging or complex systems to setup so my bet is this goes rather fast. Technically (not saying they are) if they take the one line down and ship it to the new site in one truck they would likely have minimal down time. Moving inventory goes rather fast on pallets.

#148 4 years ago

Well if they don’t announce something by end of month regardless of dog and pony festivals, I’ll be restoring some classics. My moneys on pause in case they hit this one out

4 weeks later
    #149 3 years ago

Is this real??

Screenshot_20200410-140844~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200410-140844~2 (resized).png
    #150 3 years ago

JJP with black flipper rubbers?

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-new-pin-speculation-thread/page/3?hl=jtm3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.