Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8541AFD9-5AAD-4364-8E27-6EB7203C3FB0 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20200410-140844~2 (resized).png
    Slash.jpg
    D427E21C-9978-4A58-A1AA-BEA9384F56A7 (resized).jpeg
    BD83D112-EFA1-42F8-A64F-70B859F90464 (resized).jpeg
    07CB3B09-69D8-44F7-8046-1048CAB5D284 (resized).jpeg
    3031911C-EF8D-44D4-B834-165FC9994975 (resized).jpeg
    94616A73-DCBB-4DD0-BDAC-624069768E97 (resized).jpeg
    F0B15300-185F-472F-B5DC-B35AA5AB9E3F (resized).jpeg
    87F8037D-D015-4C7A-B40C-4AE1240BE276 (resized).jpeg
    4BF412C9-DA4A-4BA6-9444-CEEA6AD21BFA (resized).jpeg
    8A4362B7-951F-46B2-ABAC-428CA51F5D97 (resized).jpeg
    2017-11-06 Chicago (resized).jpg
    2017-10-08 Philadelphia (resized).jpg
    2017-08-24 Winnipeg (resized).jpg
    D1B8CC69-E368-45D3-9519-FEC2494E9D58 (resized).jpeg

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 5 years ago

at TPF is the big rumour!

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think the issue here is, yeah, slash loves Pinball and is friends with Jersey Jack, but so what?
    He’s a glorified (and well paid) employee of Axl and GNR inc. these days. I doubt he has any real say in licensing and probably only
    Talks to axl through his lawyers.
    As cool as it would be I’d put this “rumor” in strictly wishful thinking file for now.

Still true

#53 5 years ago

I wish they would go with GNR now. They are never going to align Toy Story with the movie release anyway so might as well just push that one. Wonka is a timeless theme so no rush there. GNR would really show some much needed diversity in their lineup.

#54 5 years ago

Yeah I just got my Data East GNR working and really want to see how they are going to top that masterpiece. Not in a rush as long as they are putting a lot of time in this one. And of course they need to include some non released songs only available in the pin

#55 5 years ago

GNR for me is the absolute winner of the 3 rumored titles. I'm literally that lunatic pre ordering day 1 and if need be, would sell any game I own just to have this. You KNOW JJP is going to knock this one out of the park.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

GNR for me is the absolute winner of the 3 rumored titles. I'm literally that lunatic pre ordering day 1 and if need be, would sell any game I own just to have this. You KNOW JJP is going to knock this one out of the park.

Years ago I said if a Metallica pin is ever made I would buy it, well it happened and it was my 1st NIB. I will say the same with GNR, would love to put next to my old skool GNR.

#57 5 years ago

I hope they dont clutter up the cabinet with photos or collages of photos....the Data East GNR cabinet artwork is PERFECT for this title / theme / band. Dont ruin it with flashy concert photos or somethng.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I hope they dont clutter up the cabinet with photos or collages of photos....the Data East GNR cabinet artwork is PERFECT for this title / theme / band. Dont ruin it with flashy concert photos or somethng.

Agreed, and like KISS, I want the original and early Guns, not the Benny Hill look alike

138E5EA6-FC2C-4E10-9699-E94F6D83CDB9 (resized).jpeg138E5EA6-FC2C-4E10-9699-E94F6D83CDB9 (resized).jpegDBFC6222-3EC8-4E8F-BC14-584DE3E2000F (resized).jpegDBFC6222-3EC8-4E8F-BC14-584DE3E2000F (resized).jpeg
    #59 5 years ago

Anybody think GNR will be a re-themed DI?

#60 5 years ago

Better not be. I like most Lawlors pins but that one is whack. Slash wouldn’t allow that regardless because he’s a pinball finatic

1 month later
    #61 5 years ago

I haven't been on Pinside much lately...are there current rumors on this being announced at TPF?

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

I haven't been on Pinside much lately...are there current rumors on this being announced at TPF?

There are current rumours on about 50 different pin titles as per Pinside !!
    I guess one of them will be right.

#63 5 years ago

A clue was revealed in Sacramento on Tuesday...

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/03/19/riot-button-state-elevators/

BB13AB9D-F65C-49FF-B794-1CA0CF9A8615 (resized).jpegBB13AB9D-F65C-49FF-B794-1CA0CF9A8615 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #64 4 years ago

So what time is this pin getting announced on Friday? Oh what a sad day for Wonka fans

#65 4 years ago

So you're saying it's a RIOT machine ......

1 week later
    #66 4 years ago

I was thinking about the potential song selection in the pin.

I would love for game owners to be able to purchase songs from the pin itself and put in what they want.

JJP could save money in listening music and we could get what we want. It would be crazy simple to design the code with that in mind and have appetite for destruction multi-ball or use your illusion wizard mode and stuff like that. There's tons of stuff in the Guns N' Roses world you could use for artwork/inserts/modes or whatever.

I suppose you could have modes or inserts around the main hits, but I would love to be able to pick what I want. This seems like an easy win/win for everyone. There's already a computer basically in the pin...this seems like it wouldn't be that hard to do.

1 month later
    #67 4 years ago

Still speculation? Or can we see clearer now Willy Wonka is coming?

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Still speculation? Or can we see clearer now Willy Wonka is coming?

GNR is one of the next two after Wonka. Probably next and announced by the end of the year.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

GNR is one of the next two after Wonka. Probably next and announced by the end of the year.

You mean with Toy Story? Set in stone?

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

You mean with Toy Story? Set in stone?

GNR is very strong rumor … I even saw something very circumstantial at JJP supporting that. Plus Slash (or whoever tweets for him) has hinted around about it … and all of the other stuff people have mentioned in this thread. Toy Story strong rumors seem to at least support that acquiring the license was pursued and attempted negotiations at minimum. JJP Facebook at one point even pointed out that a pinball machine was in the new Toy Story movie as seen in the previews. I haven't yet seen any of the things that JJP says or posts that would feed false rumors to lead us speculators to continue down the wrong path. But they don't confirm them until the reveal also. So written in stone - no and probably never will be before the reveal. JJP people (or recent employees at least) and their parts suppliers don't leak new pin information and abide by the non-disclosure agreements. Licensing, related assets that JJP can use, and scheduled timing can all change. Approvals of what JJP wants to do is also subject to the licensee's review too, which appears to be a long drawn out process. Licensing and timing can always change. Just my opinion and wild speculations.

2 weeks later
    #71 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anybody think GNR will be a re-themed DI?

Not with Eric designing it. Eric's no Pat, and that's a GOOD thing as evidenced by his amazing work on jjPotC.

2 weeks later
    #72 4 years ago

Hatch show print I recently had framed from the Nashville show at Nissan stadium on the last tour.

60FB6175-5D70-4753-AF10-72831DA4C09C (resized).jpeg60FB6175-5D70-4753-AF10-72831DA4C09C (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #73 4 years ago

http://www.sfweekly.com/music/slash-no-longer-hungers-for-destruction/

His tone gets excited when talking about a forthcoming GNR pinball machine (“nothing has ever come out like it”)

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

His tone gets excited when talking about a forthcoming GNR pinball machine (“nothing has ever come out like it”)

Ripped from the Kaneda hype book...WW deja vu...

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think the issue here is, yeah, slash loves Pinball and is friends with Jersey Jack, but so what?
    He’s a glorified (and well paid) employee of Axl and GNR inc. these days. I doubt he has any real say in licensing and probably only
    Talks to axl through his lawyers.

You’re far off on this.

Guns N‘ Roses, as a business, is listed as a ‘partnership’. Between AXL, SLASH and DUFF.

Even prior to reforming, SLASH and DUFF had equal rights to licensing, merchandising and the music. They never agreed to a buyout as STEVEN and IZZY did.

AXL had rights to the band name, but that’s it. AXL couldn’t even use the old band logo w/o SLASH and DUFF’s ok. That’s why the Chinese Democracy era utilized different logos and colors.

AXL had to get permission from SLASH and DUFF to release live video shows/recordings from the CD era because it included the non-CD music. Conversely, SLASH had to get AXL’s permission to release his Conspirators live shows for the same reason.

From the time they broke up til the time the regrouped you rarely saw GN’R’s music in movies or commercials — because they rarely all agreed on how and where it would be used.

So, in summary, the new pinball machine has been made possible because they’re all getting along and agreeing to it’s release. AXL never had the leverage to release something like it himself all those years w/o the others consent.

They are a partnership. Anything involving the music, logos, images, etc from 1996ish and earlier require agreement from all three of them. They are NOT employees.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

Hatch show print I recently had framed from the Nashville show at Nissan stadium on the last tour.[quoted image]

very nice!!!!! - still kicking myself for not getting one the at the Cincinnati show I attended. Had the chance but since they just hand them to you flat/no bag/no tube I decided it wasn't worth the aggravation trying to avoid it get destroyed by the time I got it back to the car 4 hours later . Wished afterward I'd at least taken the chance.

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg
    #77 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

someone should start a Runs N Hoses thread - you now where we all run like lemmings to slap our money down and JJP hoses us for every cent they can. With the hype train already steaming down the track that can't be far off

Where do i send my $$$$

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighwayStarr:

very nice!!!!! - still kicking myself for not getting one the at the Cincinnati show I attended. Had the chance but since they just hand them to you flat/no bag/no tube I decided it wasn't worth the aggravation trying to avoid it get destroyed by the time I got it back to the car 4 hours later . Wished afterward I'd at least taken the chance.[quoted image]

Wow! I really like that. I like these limited prints better than any of their regular merch artwork. Maybe you could find one online.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

Wow! I really like that. I like these limited prints better than any of their regular merch artwork. Maybe you could find one online.

yeah ive looked a few times - it's hard to come by and when its available it not cheap! usually 10-15 Xs higher than the price at the show, Ah well, at least i got the T-shirt LOL

#80 4 years ago

I like these a lot. There are so many really cool ones if you do a search.

D1B8CC69-E368-45D3-9519-FEC2494E9D58 (resized).jpegD1B8CC69-E368-45D3-9519-FEC2494E9D58 (resized).jpegF9A99E19-8DCF-4A81-BCAB-81BE4D9E32E5 (resized).jpegF9A99E19-8DCF-4A81-BCAB-81BE4D9E32E5 (resized).jpeg
    #81 4 years ago

http://lithorati.com/browseall/browseall.html

Found a link where someone had compiled them all.

#82 4 years ago

I picked these up on Ebay.

2017-08-24 Winnipeg (resized).jpg2017-08-24 Winnipeg (resized).jpg2017-10-08 Philadelphia (resized).jpg2017-10-08 Philadelphia (resized).jpg2017-11-06 Chicago (resized).jpg2017-11-06 Chicago (resized).jpg
    #83 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

I picked these up on Ebay.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very Nice!

#84 4 years ago

Thanks. They weren't cheap. There are a few more I'd like to get if they come up on Ebay.

1 week later
    #85 4 years ago

I got a new lithograph today. As a Tennessean and a UT fan, this is kind of perfect.

8A4362B7-951F-46B2-ABAC-428CA51F5D97 (resized).jpeg8A4362B7-951F-46B2-ABAC-428CA51F5D97 (resized).jpeg
    #86 4 years ago

Added another to my collection.

4BF412C9-DA4A-4BA6-9444-CEEA6AD21BFA (resized).jpeg4BF412C9-DA4A-4BA6-9444-CEEA6AD21BFA (resized).jpeg
    #87 4 years ago

Axl don't surf!

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Axl don't surf!

True.

He does swim in money like Scrooge McDuck though.

#89 4 years ago

"Guns N Roses New pin speculation thread"
    Come on.. stop bumping the thread with off-topic pictures

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from WODKA:

"Guns N Roses New pin speculation thread"
    Come on.. stop bumping the thread with off-topic pictures

They are Guns N Roses tour lithographs from their last tour. Maybe off topic a bit, but closer to topic than a lot of directions threads go.

You can drain the thread you know.

#91 4 years ago

The posters are like hanging out in the concert halls drinking beer before the show begins, which JJP GNR is headlining. So I say they are on topic while we speculate the set time will be December

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

The posters are like hanging out in the concert halls drinking beer before the show begins, which JJP GNR is headlining. So I say they are on topic while we speculate the set time will be December

Agreed. I'm a huge fan and I think these posters are really cool and I thought thread would have other GnR fans who appreciated them as well.

What would be really awesome is if one of the artists used for these lithographs were to do the artwork on the pin. I like most of the artwork on these way better than GnR's typical merch.

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

True.
    He does swim in money like Scrooge McDuck though.

And if he didn't eat so much, he might be able to float on a surfboard like a duck.

2 weeks later
    #94 4 years ago

There was a leak over the weekend of a new song called Hardschool or Checkmate...whatever it's called, it was awesome.

It sounded like it was from 2008/2009. I have no idea how it didn't make Chinese Democracy, but if they ever make a new album it should be on there.

I listened to it on you tube, but the video is gone now.

1 week later
    #95 4 years ago

They may have a new song in the new Terminator movie. Also hearing "Hardschool" could be a song in the game. People are talking about in the GnR forums. I've heard they are throwing everything into this game.

#96 4 years ago

Everything including England’s best

87F8037D-D015-4C7A-B40C-4AE1240BE276 (resized).jpeg87F8037D-D015-4C7A-B40C-4AE1240BE276 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #97 4 years ago

GnR's Not in This Lifetime tour is back in full swing.

The Guns forums are definitely aware of the pinball machine and there is a lot of discussion about it.

I would expect quote a few pins to be sold to fans. Some of the lithographs go for $5,000 plus, so a pinball machine seems like a lot of bang for your buck in comparison to a poster.

F0B15300-185F-472F-B5DC-B35AA5AB9E3F (resized).jpegF0B15300-185F-472F-B5DC-B35AA5AB9E3F (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #98 4 years ago

Any more news on this Pin fellas?.... (coughs/Leaks! just in case)

#99 4 years ago

Yeah, seems very quiet here

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Yeah, seems very quiet here

I just hope Wolfe that When this Pin comes... really rocks !

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-new-pin-speculation-thread/page/2?hl=zpinman370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.