BD0FECEA-C569-4401-B812-C4DA21AFA833 (resized).png
45A77C01-49E9-4894-AAD4-04031D125C0B (resized).png
6E93A2E9-702D-4189-8574-2AABCAF4E737 (resized).png
706558EF-6A35-4A96-AF2A-BCB938D1506B (resized).png
7F4C745B-46EE-4291-A23E-16872E78FA04 (resized).png
D46856C2-8416-437F-84EF-5250F1463F2E (resized).jpeg
6A6E20EB-03CA-4368-A3E6-B87938357653 (resized).jpeg
9E295AAA-A0B4-419E-A08B-41BBB8859489 (resized).jpeg
There are 343 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Would anyone be interested in a run of gun colored G ramps for their machine?

Proto G Ramp 1.JPG 186 KB

thats saaawwweeeettttttt

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from spacies:

Cool, so what sort of number would you need?

I am not sure. I will have to look into what it will cost to recreate the mold and go from there. I would guess I would need a solid 20-30 confirmed in order to make it worth it. At least the way I am going about it (recreating the ramp in a 3D model and having a mold CNC'd out of aluminum). There are people out there with the means to make cheaper molds that aren't designed to stand up to tons of forming. For smaller runs these work fine and if the demand isn't there for the R ramp, we could always approach someone else to try it.

Quoted from Blackbeard:

Rough estimate of price w hardware and without?

As of now I do not know. I will have to look into what the cost of reproducing the hardware would be. Right now I am just looking to see if there is enough interest in this first. If I only get 10 people that say they are interested, it is probably not worth pursuing either ramp. Obviously the more that are interested the cheaper it will become. If I had to guess though, a bare ramp would likely be in the $120 range and a fully populated one in the $150 range maybe? Again, this would all depend on how many were made.

Quoted from mmuglia:

Have a pic of that ramp in a game?

Unfortunately, I do not. I never had it permanently mounted in a game, but did have it in place once and it looked fantastic!. It's too old and brittle to risk actually using.

#153 9 years ago

I would be interested in one.

#154 9 years ago

I can say I'd be in for one with the gear on it. It's tough because there just aren't lot of GNRs out there.

Hopefully this gets done!

#155 9 years ago

I'd be in for one with hardware.

#156 9 years ago

I would be in for both with hardware.

#157 9 years ago

I would be in for both with hardware as well. I really hope you consider doing the R ramp.

#158 9 years ago

Hi

I'd definitely be interested in ramps. Just the G or both if you make the R as well. Please keep me updated.

1 week later
#159 9 years ago

So, bought a set of grips for the gun, in the interest of not damaging anything is there proper sequence for removing the original ones? Took the screw out but they are holding on.

#160 9 years ago

I'd like to see the smoke G ramp installed as well... I've been too lazy to install my yellow repro ramp to date

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

So, bought a set of grips for the gun, in the interest of not damaging anything is there proper sequence for removing the original ones? Took the screw out but they are holding on.

You have to pull the gun frame off the cab - screws on the backside of each grip hold them on. That single screw is holding the left/right halves of the frame together.

#162 9 years ago

I'm all in for both if they get done!

FANTASTIC job on the G ramp...well done.

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

You have to pull the gun frame off the cab - screws on the backside of each grip hold them on. That single screw is holding the left/right halves of the frame together.

Cool thanks, picked the right ones they are a perfect match. Don't want to damage anything!

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Cool thanks, picked the right ones they are a perfect match. Don't want to damage anything!

Post some pics!

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Proto G Ramp 1.JPG 186 KB

I'm in!

#166 9 years ago

Installing Monday! Machine is pristine, had a slightly custom touched up (inlane/outlanes) playfield clearcoated, LED's and invisiglass when purchased. I've added speaker upgrade, undercab speaker flasher kit, buttons and a couple guitars so far. Red chrome flippers, gun grips(had to take a second choice as some sellers won't ship to Canada) on Monday - then pics.

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

I would love one of these!

#168 9 years ago

I'd be in for one or both ramps if you make them. I have one of the 2007 G ramps that you made and would sell it after getting the gray. Fantastic work you did on that G ramp.

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Installing Monday! Machine is pristine, had a slightly custom touched up (inlane/outlanes) playfield clearcoated, LED's and invisiglass when purchased. I've added speaker upgrade, undercab speaker flasher kit, buttons and a couple guitars so far. Red chrome flippers, gun grips(had to take a second choice as some sellers won't ship to Canada) on Monday - then pics.

Which under cab, speaker light kit did you go with?

#170 9 years ago

I'd be in for 2G's and 1R.

#171 9 years ago

All this time.. I had no idea they were letters.

#172 9 years ago

I'd be in for a G ramp

#173 9 years ago

Ok guys, everyone that has expressed interest in a smoked G ramp has been added to a list. I will start looking deeper into the cost of this for me so I can get a more accurate cost for you guys. Once I have a definite price for everyone I will post it up and, if there is enough interest, we will make it happen.

As for the R ramp. There is definitely less interest in that, but may still be enough to make it worth doing. I'd say that I'd like to focus on the G ramp first and if all goes well with that and everyone is happy with their ramps, then I will work on getting the R ramp made.

If anyone else is interested in one, please let me know and I will add you to the list. Thanks!

1 week later
#174 9 years ago

I'm trying to find the forum listing of a GNR pinballer who changed the lights on the G ramp so that the left one is green (vs. yellow original color) to coincide with the snakepit being available. I'm considering shifting the the yellow bulb to the right to replace the current red bulb so it matches the ramp while the left bulb would be green to light when snake ramp available. Just checking to see if anyone else has done this and how it looks.

1 month later
#175 9 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

All this time.. I had no idea they were letters.

Hi Joe

you or anyone else got any pics of the G N R pinblades installed yet?

http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product/prd1/3405058515/guns-n-roses-custom-pinblades

Thanks!

Michael

Post edited by HighwayStarr: added link

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

Hi Joe
you or anyone else got any pics of the G N R pinblades installed yet?
http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product/prd1/3405058515/guns-n-roses-custom-pinblades
Thanks!
Michael
Post edited by HighwayStarr: added link

They have too much of a Chinese Democracy look to them and not retro enough to be placed on a pinball from essentially the early Use Your Illusion era in my opinion.

#177 9 years ago

I would be in for both the G and R ramps.

#178 9 years ago

I would love to see the smoked ramp in the game... any picts?

#179 9 years ago

I would be in for both. r ramps are so hard to find.

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from Bulldog1008:

I would be in for both the G and R ramps.

Quoted from MJW:

I would be in for both. r ramps are so hard to find.

I have added you both to the list! I am still working out the details on this. I have been slammed at work and havent had a whole lot of time lately to work on this. I will let everyone know once I have more info.

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I would love to see the smoked ramp in the game... any picts?

Unfortunately I do not have any pics of it in the game and I no longer own a GnR to install the grey ramp I have here. So unless someone local wants to offer up their game for a photo shoot, you'll just have to take my word for it. It looks awesome!

#181 9 years ago

Anyone see the ebay listing for a $1000.00 G ramp? lol

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Unfortunately I do not have any pics of it in the game and I no longer own a GnR to install the grey ramp I have here. So unless someone local wants to offer up their game for a photo shoot, you'll just have to take my word for it. It looks awesome!

I'm not exactly local, but not too far away either if you wanted to use my game.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#184 9 years ago

ONLY if it comes WITHOUT the creepy guy in the window!

Quoted from Sincity:

I want this mod

image-937.jpg 68 KB

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

ONLY if it comes WITHOUT the creepy guy in the window!

That's not a window... it's a mirror!

1 month later
#186 9 years ago

Put me in for both ramps.

#187 9 years ago

I'm on the process of adding green LEDs under a translucent leg protector to the front of my GNR but need to tap into 12V somewhere in the game. I have undercabinet lights that were installed when I purchased the game (http://kcpins.com/archives/417) but I tried tapping off of those which run off a transformer supply in the cabinet but then all leg LED lights and under cabinet lights are dim. So, I'm looking for another 12V point within the game I can use. I will upload some pictures later of what it looks like lit up as it gives a great effect and I've used it now on my Tron and AC/DC as well.

#189 9 years ago

Yes, that's actually my machine... I did try tapping off the wires coming out of the blue transformer but that might be my issue and I'll have to bypass that since it's not enough juice for the cathode tubes and the LEDs.

1 month later
#190 8 years ago

so, i just made the first couple of mods to my GnR
Green LED in the Snake and orange LED for eyes, red LED under the cabinet, a bit of white LED in front of the topper and a bit red behind
all powered by a PC psu which also powers the soundboard (although it didnt solve the hummin )

20150524_175549.jpg20150524_175549.jpg 20150524_175438.jpg20150524_175438.jpg 20150524_175632.jpg20150524_175632.jpg
#191 8 years ago

I like the red behind the topper! You mentioned you put white in front of topper too, does that wash out the lower 1/2 too much?

#192 8 years ago

Dunno....took another pic in the dark, looks ok

20150524_215233.jpg20150524_215233.jpg
#193 8 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall: