(Topic ID: 311224)

Guns N Roses - Mechanicals feel cheap....What happened?

By Fordiesel69

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fordiesel69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I have played WOZ, Dialed in, and Willy Wonka. The flippers, pops, slings and mechanicals feel well built, the overall feel of the game give you the impression of speed and quality. Tonight I played a Guns N Roses Limited Edition and although I like the theme, artwork, and everything about the game, I do not like the feel of the mechanicals. It is very "loose" and clapped out.. Other guns n roses at shows also feel the same way. Does anyone have any speculation if they changed to a different hardware vendor for guns n roses?

#3 2 years ago

Nope, played GNR first. the Dialed in, WOZ, WWCF, all feel solid. I know its all feel as there is nothing wrong with the mechanicals in terms of wear, but they sound and feel like terrible. I wish I could use words to describe but can't.

So when you play a stern, spookey, american pinball, they all have their own unique feel to their mechanicals. And all JJP games felt the same, just as all new spike 2 sterns feel the same. GNR however is just different in a not so good way. Just curious if they are using different brand hardware parts as a result.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Your GNR experience is how all JJP games play to me. I know they use quality mechs, but the feel is awful. High-power coils have no snap. Slingshots flick instead of kick. Bumpers tap instead of pop. Flippers lazily meander the ball around ramps & orbits.
    I know there are settings, but I played a friend's GNR with flipper power cranked up and it still felt like crap. Shame, as I want to love that game.

Actually you explained it all for me right there.......That is what I wanted to say the whole time but failed to put into words.

But!!!!!! I am not experiencing this feel on the other games WOZ, DI, WW&CF.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fordiesel69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-mechanicals-feel-cheapwhat-happened?tu=Fordiesel69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.