Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Hogbog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hey everyone! Question for anyone with a standard JJGNR in their collection. Seriously debating picking up a JJGNR, but getting games into my games room in my newer house is a challenge. Basically I need to remove the head in order to get a pin into the games room. From what I've researched it seems a fairly easy (albeit time consuming) process on earlier Jersey Jack's - just a bunch of cables to unplug and zip ties to cut. However, this seems a much more 'difficult' process on the later games, I'm hearing Dialed In is a bit of a nightmare, needing to cut wires, re-soldering, etc. Can anyone confirm if for JJGNR the head removal is more along the lines of their earlier games (hope so), vs the nightmare that is Dialed In (not sure about Pirates or Wonka).

Thanks in advance!

#2 3 years ago

Just a question, if the issue is getting the game through the door frame, why not just detach the head from the cabinet (while leaving everything connected still) and just rotate the backbox enough so it fits through the door?

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Hey everyone! Question for anyone with a standard JJGNR in their collection. Seriously debating picking up a JJGNR, but getting games into my games room in my newer house is a challenge. Basically I need to remove the head in order to get a pin into the games room. From what I've researched it seems a fairly easy (albeit time consuming) process on earlier Jersey Jack's - just a bunch of cables to unplug and zip ties to cut. However, this seems a much more 'difficult' process on the later games, I'm hearing Dialed In is a bit of a nightmare, needing to cut wires, re-soldering, etc. Can anyone confirm if for JJGNR the head removal is more along the lines of their earlier games (hope so), vs the nightmare that is Dialed In (not sure about Pirates or Wonka).
Thanks in advance!

I don’t remember off the top of my head but nothing should need to be desoldered. Everything should be a quick disconnect either from the motherboard or driver boards. You’re pulling things down from the head into the cabinet not up from the cabinet into the head.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Just a question, if the issue is getting the game through the door frame, why not just detach the head from the cabinet (while leaving everything connected still) and just rotate the backbox enough so it fits through the door?

Issue is removing some weight and getting it through a tight 90 degree bend in the stairwell.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

I don’t remember off the top of my head but nothing should need to be desoldered. Everything should be a quick disconnect either from the motherboard or driver boards. You’re pulling things down from the head into the cabinet not up from the cabinet into the head.

That sounds like good news for me then!

#6 3 years ago

Bro - You don't need to cut anything to remove the head, besides some cable management zip ties. Only thing that will likely throw you for a loop, and not an obvious quick disconnect is the subwoofer cable. It is plugged in directly to the audio board (with a connector), which is under the PC Shield. It's a red and black pair of wires. DO NOT CUT ANYTHING. Trust me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,000.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-jersey-jack-backbox-head-removal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.