IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #891 Featurette video. Posted by Coz (3 years ago)

Post #897 Full song list Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Post #958 All 3 versions of playfields side by side. Posted by sevenrites (3 years ago)

Post #1172 Keith clarifies Coma rule Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1230 3 years ago

Where is the best person to order from?

#2667 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

This hit it on the head. I’ve never understood the people that come in here to try and make a laugh by showing unflattering pictures of Axl with stupid captions like “we’ve got fries and pies”
First of all, Axl Rose was better looking than ANY of the people that I’ve ever seen on pinside. I’ve seen some of you at the pinball shows, theres no horn to toot.
Second of all, he’s much older now, and even with that said, he’s not what I would consider overweight, in fact the last two shows I saw of them in 2016, he looked perfectly fine.... it’s just funny how so many people apparently care about what Axl Rose looks like now, because of what he once looked like then, the dude was and still is a total bad ass that lives in a Malibu mansion, and still can rock with the best of them.

Dude, speak for yourself. I was good looking till I quit going to the gym and got fat.

#2999 3 years ago

I have been watching the game play vids on YouTube and I can’t wait for this game.

#3165 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Anybody else dislike the selfie picture feature? Not a deal breaker of course and I assume it can be turned off in the settings.
Does it interrupt game play?

I think with you all you would get would be the glare from the top of your head

#3170 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

im not typically a fan of upper playfields but the guitar ball lock looks so damn cool. I think the SE will shoot better and have more flow, but I just couldnt do without the look of the LE.

I want to play the se and I would never say that about any other game. If you have one however and asked me to play a game I would never turn you down.

#3171 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I just don't want those pictures to distract from my, OnlyFans.com page.

Never, couldn’t happen.

#3345 3 years ago

No one has answered my question. Do you think this game will suffer from not having a bash toy?

#3382 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I want people in my front yard to see this game that’s in my basement.

Uh, they would need to GET THE FUCK OUT OFF MY LAWN.

#3441 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Think of "family friendly" as "things that don't have the F-bomb". GnR as a band isn't really family friendly to begin with. I wouldn't pull my young kid from watching Frozen or something and say "hey you got to check out this sex, drugs and R&R pin I just unboxed!". It's just they didn't want to use radio edits, so if the song could be played unedited on the radio, it's in family friendly mode as you could be in the car and the same song could come on... but as a parent of young kids you may be changing the station.
There are a handful of games with inappropriate lyrics, sounds, and/or callouts. Removing them doesn't change the overall theme or the other songs.

This is just a thought, I’m definitely not telling you how to parent but the language and everything else is out there. You have it in your own house. Don’t hide it from him. Teach him to be better. He will hear it and a lot more in school. My son had a real taste for alcohol and kept wanting to taste my beer or wanting to know what this or that tasted like. Finally, on vacation I told him I would let him drink in moderation but only in My presence and if I ever found out he was driving while drinking the truck was mine and he could buy his own. He is in college now and I have never once had a issue with him and alcohol. But that’s just me.

On a les serious note, the distributor called and my FH is sold and I will be getting my LE in about a month.

#3442 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

JP2 loop isn’t hard. What I don’t like is what I mentioned above, lack of assets, callouts, no movie. What I said about the loop is that compared to potc or maiden, it is not superior.
Secondly, thank you. I am a very nice person. I also have a career as a psychologist so I help people on a daily basis that are struggling with their mental health.
This pinball hobby can get people fired up, myself included. No harm meant to anyone.

And how do you feel about that?

#3451 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Actually that's my problem, i need to be treated for pinball addiction. They keep pumping out what i think are great games, and i keep buying them, and none have left in a long time because i'm loving em too much.
Looking forward to the "GNR experience" too!!!

You can store some of them at my house

#3526 3 years ago

Please do not tell me this game is not the shit. i dumped a beautiful FH to buy this.

#3531 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well you unloaded old Rudy for the "new shit" Wes. Congrats brother!!!

I was tired of Rudy. I wanted something that took longer than 10 minutes to see the whole game.

#3533 3 years ago

Im looking forward to it. The wife told me to just buy it but I was to cheap to let go of the cash.

#3643 3 years ago

I had a thought, if they haven’t solved the problem with the play fields coming apart all those Multiballs are going to destroy them quickly.

#3697 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I went back and watched some tutorials om TZ. My time with it over the decades has never been really consistent...or rewarding. It's a funkyass pin with so many interesting things about it.
That's the thing though, TZ is about...the Twilight Zone, which is all about peculiarity. And that game also gives you a straight shot to avoid the skillshot, and shoot out via the scoop.
I hope it grows on me, the game in general too, but that sproingy nature of it still just chafes me. Oh well.
Hey, and flynnibus , thanks for the downvote, but not bothering to express why you feel differently, when specifically stating you didn't understand why others felt the way they did, and then yanno, someone did. Good on ya for the....discussion.

TZ is a amazing game and it’s the only one I play consistently that never gets old. There is so much to do that even after owning it for years it is still fun

#3701 3 years ago

I have had mine for 15 years. And I still love it. If it had the rules of a new pin nothing would ever beat it.

#3703 3 years ago

Yes way infinity

#3706 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Have u ever gotten to the end? After that it didn't last long. Also no desire to own it again. Not saying it isn't a classic but every pin eventually gets boring.

Been to the end 3-4 times.

#3764 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Its really weird how all those who didn't get a CE (the majority) think the art work and colors are better on the LE and everyone who did get a CE thinks the art work on the CE is the cats ass! go figure

Not everyone. I didn’t get the CE and I think it looks better. I won’t sp md the money and I was to late anyway so I get the LE. I certainly hope it’s a great game because we just dueled in the FH I’m the trading for the GnR and not only is it beautiful but it plays great. I’ll have to take the other PF I have and restore another one.

#4023 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I don't think asking for a PF that doesn't puddle or chip out of the box is asking for perfection

I dont either but Jacks take on it is: "Its a pinball machine, what do you want?". This is a few months after I got the game.

#4147 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Both are correct. In house ones were not as thin so Cliff who is good people in case anyone wonders jumped up and made them for us

Cliffy is a class act.

#4149 3 years ago

But we, as humans are able to deny our base instincts and be civilized. At least some of us can.

#4156 3 years ago

Fuck, seriously.
10k and we still have this bullshit

#4186 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

This kind of Muppet mentality is exaclty why these pinball manufacturers could give a rats about fixing the problems.
Im personally pulling my order. I ain't paying for garbage playfields.

I can’t. He has already sold my FH. This is why I don’t buy new fucking games. Maybe I’ll just leave mine in the box and sell it and buy another AFM. Has anyone talked to Jen at JJP?

#4190 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude relax your seeing one game,yours could be perfect!

The get this but remember, I’m sure no one could forget as much as I have screamed about it, I got boned on WOZ. It practically fell apart. But yea hopefully it will be ok.

#4256 3 years ago

If this is a matter of the ink not adhering to the wood it doesn’t matter what you do it will eventually come off one way or the other. I will buy another PF for my game and have someone do something to it to make it not chip if that is possible and I will never buy another game with a PF made by Mirco or a game from JJP for doing this to people....again.

#4310 3 years ago

I wanted a POTC and
Was going to buy one till the PFs started
Coming apart on them. I thought that issue was fixed or
I wouldn’t have pulled the trigger on GNR

#4320 3 years ago

Does anyone think it would be wise to wait till much later to collect my game so hopefully the PF issues will be dealt with.

#4395 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I am betting both companies are doing what they can with the companies having the problems getting the clear coat just right for the new direct print process. fingers crossed

They aren't doing a damn thing about it. The PFs have been doing this since WoZ and they haven done shit. The problem is that they cheaped out and stopped silk screening the PFs, they are using a printer and it doesn't work. I traded a beautiful game that I cant replace for a game that will have the art chipping off of it withing 6 months. Whining or not, I don't care and JJP will never get my business again.

#4404 3 years ago

I just got off the phone with JJP. I called out of curiosity to see what they would tell me. I would suggest that anyone concerned about this issue call them and see what they tell you. What I got out of it was there is no new PF process and you roll the dice.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4544 3 years ago

From what I got from JJP there is no plan for a new PF or changes. Roll the dice and if your shit falls apart they will deal with it on a case by case basis. I guess maybe you might get another shot Pf sent to you or you can buy one. Nothing will ever change with these people.

#4561 3 years ago

We should burn up JJPs phone lines

#4563 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

No
We should stay off the phone.
Let's just keep posting the same thing over and over on Pinside.

And that does what?

#4569 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

It is just what we do.
Interfering with one of the few businesses feeding our need to have something to obsess over is counterproductive.
Of course we are all immature but we need to accept responsibility for our actions. When we paid the deposit we knew it was non-refundable, if we bothered to ask. We also knew we had no way of knowing when our game would be available, if we bothered to ask. We said, 'shut-up and take our money' and they obliged. Now we don't want to wait. Too bad. Remember that next time someone asks you for a deposit. Don't blame the businesses for your actions. You are presumably a capable adult. You get to make your own decisions. Along with making decisions comes consequences of our actions. We are responsible for our actions. It is not your spouse's/parent's/government's/God's responsiblity.
Personal responsibility is not just a bumper sticker it is how we redeem ourselves and our world, one person at a time.

I dont mind waiting, thats not a issue. My issue is paying that kind of cash for something that might fall apart in 6 months and they wont do a thing about it.

#4582 3 years ago

Really what color is the sky in your world? When’s the last JJP stern AP or spooky game that fell apart in six months?

I dont know what the last one was but my WoZ did. When a big fucking quarter sized chip of ink pops off the PF after less than 100 games and JJP does nothing, I would say I got fucked. They are still selling shit PFs and it looks like they will continue to do so.

#4587 3 years ago

Oh I see that’s what falling apart means. Well at least you don’t have to worry since you aren’t in on GnR.

Where have you been? I did buy one or I wouldn't care. I sold a restored FH to buy it. My game is gone so I have to roll the dice.

#4590 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If you hated JJP going in WHY then would you keep buying? Masochistic or something?

Well fuck I figured they would have gotten their shit together by now. Supposedly they fixed this problem after the POTC had issues.

#4596 3 years ago

Again, we don’t make the playfields. This WOZ you had issues with - was it an original from 2013-14? We didn’t have our current playfield vendor at that time.

I know you don’t make them, Mirco does. You are having issues already and these PFs with pooling and chipping at the posts will get worse and what will you guys do about it?

#4607 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude he’s kidding it’s sarcastic humour!

I know. I guess the humor escaped with my botching about the PFs

#4620 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Hey man, I responded to one of your posts many days ago. I said it then and I'll say it again. Fun house is an amazing classic game, thats a given. However, you got one sweet deal on the GnR trade you made. Now, ill add to that by saying most people who have recieved their LE machines (myself included), recieved a game with a beautiful playfield. Only a few adjustments needed out of the box, and we're up and running. The pictures and complaints here of minor pooling are the vast minority of playfields. Mine looks perfect, no pooling. As of about 160 games, there are some slight dimples, but thats to be expected. I understand your fear and frustration, I really do. I guess I'm saying, I think the chances are, you'll be pleasantly surprised when you finally receive your LE. You may even wonder why you got so worked up. Don't stress out until it becomes necessary, you know.

I told the distributor I bought it through that I wanted to wait. Till later next year to receive my game. I don’t mind waiting. We will see what troubles come and if pooling and mild chipping around posts turn to something worse. We will see what happens. I hope I’m whimsical mg and botching over nothing. We will see.
Till then Ima be quiet.

#4626 3 years ago

Do you think they had any idea demand would be this high. Maybe they weren’t prepared for the number of orders now everyone has to wait. I would rather wait than get a rushed out game.

#4677 3 years ago

What am I missing. You always have to wait on a new pin. Why is this any different.

#4740 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

I am going to put these on GnR. Just haven’t figured out exactly how yet but I am determined to have the ability to ring my ears like a GnR concert.
[quoted image]

Let us know. That looks pretty cool.

#4851 3 years ago

Where is WCBrands to tell you not to worry about it ?

#4871 3 years ago

I’m telling you guys the reason for the chipping isn’t the clear, it is the ink itself. I have no idea if it has to do with the fact that the PFs aren’t screen printed anymore or not but you can put whatever kind of protectors you want on them they are still going to chip eventually. Remember the pic of the WOZ that had almost all the ink chipped off around the pops.

#4874 3 years ago

There is no one els for them to go to.

#4878 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

My Wonka is chipping so here was my solution.
I just play it!!!
GNR LE on order if this one chips? Well?
I'll just play it!!!
However if another awesome JJP pinball machine comes out?
I'll just buy it!!!

They fucking love you.

#4886 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

They should send populated PF.
It's a wonder they don't leave blank wood around the posts.
no one would complain if they leave it blank (it's not like someone would only buy a pin if it has art all the way around the posts), now they are putting washers over the art, wouldn't it look better with unpainted wood there?

I’m telling you it has nothing to do with the posts. Posts are just a starting point. Soon the ink will be chipping off around the pops and where the ball makes a divot.

#4922 3 years ago

I know we will never get a answer but I wonder why they didnt do something about this shit after the POTC debacle?

#4952 3 years ago

The payturd talk started here.

#4958 3 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

hence you are such a happy customer

So you think that someone who has never owned a pin and pays 10k for this game and the PF turns to shit within 200 plays is just gonna be happy happy happy with their purchase? I call BS.

1 week later
#5072 3 years ago

Has anyone tried sealing the clear on these holes with superglue?

#5105 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol hit after hit? Stranger Things, Beatles, Black Knight SOR, and especially Munsters didn't do well.

Their prices are too damn high for what you get. Same for JJP in my opinion.

#5168 3 years ago

Im glad it didnt have pooing, that would be gross and a lot worse than pooling.

2 weeks later
#5247 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

with all the complaints and issues with playfields and the rise of the Cost of the game which went into profit mostly should be put back into the Game being if the QC inspector sees any issues at the time of putting it in the box , just send another unpopulated playfield in the box and call it a day. hell even w/o problems every NIB game from Stern or JJP should just include extra Playfields from the get go.. Problem solved unless your Playfield extra is crap and that would be stupid for the QC inspector to send out the Backup with issues .
why not give every GNRce/le owner a spare PF at that price of 12,500 i do not see why they cant ,even at the 6500SE price include the extra PF .Fuuug it!!

You must be living in one of those states where they made hard drugs legal.

#5260 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

so instead of throwing in a T Shirt The whole Playfield Thing is out of line? at 12500 dollars an extra Playfield seems within reason man if the playfield has issues . Anyway Thanks , I only do light drugs . But you seem to be a Doctor and must know better

Oh no, I don’t think it’s out of line at all. I think they would never do it in a million years.

1 month later
#5311 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

romulusx and PanzerFreak have been bashing LZ on the Stern LZ hype thread they say it's not a club thread so it's all good. So G&R is a blinged out piece of shit remember folks this is not a club thread so it's all good

What a douchey post. Some of you people take this shit way to seriously. Its a damn game. In my opinion neither company is worth the money they charge.

2 weeks later
#5391 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I ordered an LE the day of the launch from a distributor, and waiting as well. I'm guessing the majority of those LEs that ordered on day one are still waiting?

Yep, I was just telling my friend who works for the distributor I bought my game from that at this point I don’t really care about the game anymore and would just as soon get my Funhouse back.

2 months later
#5526 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Best game of the year is worth the wait.

What year?

#5528 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

2020! Also I think 2021 as well. JMO.

I’m supposed to have one coming and my distributor has no idea when they will get them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 11,000.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype?tu=zr11990 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.