IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #891 Featurette video. Posted by Coz (3 years ago)

Post #897 Full song list Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Post #958 All 3 versions of playfields side by side. Posted by sevenrites (3 years ago)

Post #1172 Keith clarifies Coma rule Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1789 3 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Live gameplay uploaded to YouTube.

who the f*ck uploads a video at 240p in 2020?

#1792 3 years ago

I mean...all the whining around here...this is the real tragedy lol.

#1798 3 years ago

Yeah, hopefully everyone who ordered a CE gets one, the game looks great. Hope it lives up to the hype.

#1803 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I usually don't chime in about a company's business practices, but how do you not figure out allotment with your distributors BEFORE a release? It creates tons of confusion, puts distributors in a bad spot, and it angers your loyal fanbase.

Well I mean, NVIDIA, Microsoft, Sony, etc who've been doing it for decades can't even get it right...so I mean...

#2120 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

some dealer was telling me to order the LE because they were selling out.
I am not sure but eventually they will sell out and so there is not any full feature game (unless they make something equal but not called LE).

Dealers always say that..and a year later, they still have them in stock. There's 5000, they won't be selling out any time soon. The only thing anyone has to worry about is JJP suddenly stopping making them because they are losing money on them...*cough*

#2158 3 years ago

I never thought I'd see the day I'd see people complaining about MB's. I mean...I agree, there appear to be a TON...however, if you find that to be an issue...just let the balls drain. :p

#2159 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What does the GNR CE have that is comparable to the T. rex and raptor pen?
One way Panzer

Regardless of what you think toys are...it certainly has way better theme integration and actual assets than JP does.

#2189 3 years ago

I know people keep talking about the lack of stuff, but that PF looks pretty damn packed when you look down the center.

#2199 3 years ago

If anyone didn't watch further, album modes are single ball, but I it sounded like they are a completely different gameplay from normal.

#2206 3 years ago

To be fair, I haven't seen a single gameplay stream for any game that gets me excited. Generally I just have to play it first.

#2288 3 years ago

Isn't every pinball ruleset the same? Don't lose the ball? Maybe a new rule, don't hit anything. How long can you cradle the ball before the flipper coil smokes?

#2394 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Given that they had access to all the assets of the band does anyone else wonder why they didn't pick video footage of the band in their prime over the band now? I personally connect more with 80s Guns 'n' Roses and didn't realize they'd gotten back together as old guys and were still around touring and doing new songs.

Pretty sure that was already discussed in the first video. The band made that decision. That is the theme of the pin, the new tour, and as has been mentioned, lots of legal stuff to do the older stuff, guaranteed you would be missing assets due to legal and cost reasons.

#2427 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Where are all the pinsiders that crap on PinStadiums now? These new JJP light bars are pinstadiums on steroids. They are cool but also remind me of all the small shops in Chinatown that have the excessive LED lighting around their windows.

Put them side by side, you can tell in just the streams that they are nothing alike in the way they light the pf.

#2446 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s almost like (for me) you see a pretty girl but she has xyz major flaw. Everything else is great but I’ll still be focusing on the major flaw all the time almost to the exclusion of all the good aspects.
For me the more that I think about it and watch and see how much MB is like the major flaw.
I suppose they designed for casual players who might’ve not be used to pinball but see this massive lights and sound and get to play any have the thrill of MB action.
But if I’m buying and will play a thousand times maybe I don’t want to have played 10 thousand MB modes.
Coma ball save (sigh) ok it’s there but I already have woz and I don’t need the sand mode transferred to other game. Now if I didn’t have WOz great but I do so it’s starting to be like let’s put this mode in another game. Again I understand why they do it it’s a cool feature and not everyone has played woz but for me I don’t feel like great let’s have this out lane game in more pins. It was unique on woz on GnR it’s redundant.
Again imo it looks like a game built for noobs and casual players first and foremost.
That’s ok because maybe the market is larger for casual players and gets people in the door especially for a GnR rabid fan who might not be a pinhead.

The key difference here is even the CE will cost you less during your lifetime.

#2484 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Since it says bleutooth is onboard i wonder if you can add a bleutooth soundbar on top your self? A 5.1 version would be killer that way.

you can do blutooth speakers, so I would assume so.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2712 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I genuinely avoid downvotes, but really...this is the most hyperbolic of statements ever made on this board. (Obviously tongue in cheek, and made with irony.)
I was just "playing" this via Pinball Arcade last night, and still marvel at....theme integration, authentic callous, music, code, shots, etc.
It was the quintessential game of it's era, and sans modern doohickies that games presently have, it still holds it's own in gameplay, shots, and FUN!

I mean, it's just opinions. I am also one of the people who just don't understand people's love for it. I hate the theme, I dislike the gameplay, I just don't find it fun, and I LOVE most of the rest of Lawler's games.

#2756 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

From everything I’ve heard, the CE’s won’t be run until Jan and to me that means deliveries starting mid Jan. Three months is not too much time to wait, unless GNR is your dream theme. Gotta be excruciating for a podcaster to watch GNR LE owners and soon SE owners, receiving and playing the games you’ve praised to high heaven. They enjoy it, play it, stream it, discuss it and one’s patience for a CE wains.
That CE owners follow LE owners makes little sense. CE’s owners deserve the honor and envy to be first, followed by LE owners and finally SE owners.

Considering all the 'issues' that every release has and more code work etc, I am never in a hurry to get a game. While one might think that since they are paying the most, the CE's should be out first, it makes sense they'd run the CE's later after they've had a chance to work out the kinks.

#2822 3 years ago

Order numbers do not mean anything.

#3009 3 years ago
Quoted from bennyprofane:

Played 20+ games on GNR LE tonight, and boy it was just as I expected - a big let down. I played this at a spot in Brooklyn with some serious pinball players and casual players like my wife who loves GNR and thinks pinball is fun. From my perspective, the shots and rules just aren't intuitive enough to know what you're doing and what your'e going for. What do patches do? Why am I collecting band members? It's never really explained.
Although the lightshow has been presented as the best feature of the game, at times it's completely detrimental. "Hit the flashing shots"???? Everything is flashing... what am I supposed to hit? In the 20-25 games I played, I lit about 15 songs or so (replayed my favorites). Unfortunately, I found some songs to be kind of unplayable unless you just buy time. "Out ta Get me," the entire playfield was dark to the point I couldn't even see the ball. Brutal drains down the outlanes as well.
No one among us could understand why it's so hard to listen to Guns N Roses and making you "earn a song" seems like a huge oversight. After like 20 plays, I don't think I ever played a song more than 1:30. If you enjoy it, good for you, but next to Hot Wheels which was the overwhelming favorite, this one was a big stinker.
[quoted image]

sooooo...not enough multiballs?

#3331 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Ha! I did this on my AC/DC!

That is awesome! Don't suppose you'd want to a start a thread on how we can do this?

#3352 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Don’t think we’re going to need more lighting on GnR?

LOL actually I was interested in doing it to my AC/DC.

#3373 3 years ago

I'm the same on Avengers, I'm not that into the theme, but I thought the table looked fun. Hoping I can actually play some of these newer tables sometime soon.

#3433 3 years ago

Once again I think many miss the point that nearly any game can be 'fun' if you are just plopping quarters in it. To plop down over $5k on one though, there needs to be something special that calls to you. That will be different for everyone. And as you get closer to $10k (or over) you either need to have endless cashflow and space, or it needs to hit everything out of the park.

#4060 3 years ago

Same arguments every time, and I'll say it again. In the 70's-90's people weren't buying new in box machines for home use. Operators didn't care about most things other than 'does it work' enough that people will still throw quarters in it. The excuse of 'it's pinball' is BS in the age of +$10k machines and home use collector games. People are going to be more demanding because the majority of games use case has drastically changed, along with the price tags.

#4064 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can spin it all you want, and the manufacturers can make all the improvements in the world to help give you the impossible perfect experience, but at the end of the day, you’re taking a risk buying a game you cannot inspect before you buy.

That is the same with any product you order online. The real determining factor is how they respond to issues after they've already got the cash. You aren't wrong, but I look at it more from the 'don't be the first on the line buyer' because 90% of the time you're going to have manufacturing issues.

#4082 3 years ago

Now I want jerky...

#4436 3 years ago

The people defending bad product around here is just...well it explains why the world continues a downward spiral.

1 week later
#4981 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Wait, so the pooling started to appear after 200 games played? Do you mean to tell me there wasn't any pooling when you first received the game? If so, anyone want to chime in, as to how pooling happens after games are being played. Is the clearcoat just super soft? Posts gets banged up and move the clearcoat side to side creating a pooling ripple effect?

I have always thought this was the cause. Thicker and weaker clear coat with not long enough cure time.

#4982 3 years ago
Quoted from WillSmuz8999:

At Williams, in the early to mid-nineties, we had our own metal shop, pcb through hole manufacturing, and wire harness assembly. Once Electronic Sound stopped making playfields, we needed capacity, as we were making 300 games per day. Lenc Smith gained the capability of making playfields in-house. Absolute booming time in pinball!

I have a Lenc Smith coated FH that still looks great.

#5066 3 years ago

Wow this thread went dark.

4 weeks later
#5274 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not all pins will please everyone. A friend sold his Avengers LE with under 50 plays. Just not his cup of tea.

I just don't understand people who buy these things without playing them first, but I guess some markets/houses are easier to dance them around than mine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,000.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.