IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #891 Featurette video. Posted by Coz (3 years ago)

Post #897 Full song list Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Post #958 All 3 versions of playfields side by side. Posted by sevenrites (3 years ago)

Post #1172 Keith clarifies Coma rule Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wcbrandes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1677 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I got a CE but now I kinda wish I bought the LE instead. I know the CE has some nice touches for sure but the biggest factor for me was the extra lights and the mechanical game differences, which now we found out is not a whole lot different. The extra lights are under cab lights (What the hell Eric?) and the apron lock. So yeah, I'm kinda sour on the way the characterized the different models

And just like that you have a machine that currently is unobtainable! I am completely sure you not only can trade it with whom ever you got it from but they may even possibly add some $ to it! I would be happy if I was you!

#1703 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Haven’t had time to read anything lately. This is my first post in anger. Yesterday within 10 minutes of seeing the reveal I put down a $1,000 deposit with my distributor on a CE I just got a call from my distributor saying JJP backed out on their allotment of 10. All I have to say is F%#% JJP. I’ve bought 4 of their games. This is such BS!!!!!!!!!!!!

read the post above yours! be quick!

#1788 3 years ago

Damn the game play is gonna be fantastic by the looks of it! It will be one of the biggest selling pins in recent decade!

#1813 3 years ago

The game play, the assets, the integration, the music! This is one sic pin ! So excited to get this in the home! I support all the companies and I don't care who manufactures it just the results of a tittle i am interested in and this is the best i have seen in my collecting history! Well done JJP!

#1881 3 years ago

Lets see how many pinsiders are getting Slashed!

#2061 3 years ago

There are three levels to this game and you feed the bass guitar from the back through a vuk? Couldn't figure out how you feed each of the guitars

#2069 3 years ago

The attention to detail in this thing is over the top! This is how you do it! Gonna be tough to go back to tittles you get barely any assets.

#2079 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No pin has ever had this many licensed songs in it, not to mention as much input and effort put into by the band and their management team. MET, one of the best music pins of all time, has 12 songs while GNR has double that plus custom music created by a band member solely for the pin. Then there's all the licensed concert footage JJP got for the game.

And don't forget these are all riginal studio recordings that they painstakingly synced up with the live footage on stage! Master recordings! That would be a crazy amount of work alone!

#2081 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Funny how some people always just have to try and beat down a Stern game like AIQ to justify GNR.
Why can't people just agree that they BOTH look like great games? We haven't even seen how GNR plays yet, that comes tonight. I'm quite happy with the AIQLE I'm unboxing tonight as well.
AIQ, JP and Elvira are fantastic pins. Amongst many others from Stern.
I think it's great that JJP finally has a MONSTER hit on their hands with GNR! It makes it really special when you have the band's involvement to that level. Probably never to be duplicated again.
I'm looking forward to my CE coming despite the allocation debacle.
FFS, it's a great time to be in the pinball hobby right now!

This x 100 iceman! I just don't get the tourney players and Stern army on this. I have more Sterns and 0 jjps right now, however how anyone can say this isn't a home run all around is crazy! Yes have seen a ton of game play!

#2086 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but I watched the unboxing video and they mentioned that the album on the playfield is a platinum album. Each game will come with a different platinum album installed. I thought this is a cool feature and makes yours slightly different than your friends.

You have a 16.666 % chance your platinum album will be the same as your friends!

#2088 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think Eric said there are 4 different stickers randomly applied and they might sell the stickers later so people can get the one they prefer

6 platinum albums ! Its random what you get but yes perhaps down the road you could change what you get with a sticker

#2709 3 years ago

I believe there is more Beattle asset in GnR than the entire 25k Diamond Beattles reskin pin!

#2722 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What Beatles assets does GnR have??

Iceman just listed it, 3 minutes and 4 seconds of Beattle asset ! Live and Let Die. I believe the Beattles game has 15 seconds of 6 songs? Something like this, anyway just sayin. Watch the straight down the middle review they have played the crap out of it and can barely contain themselves!

#2723 3 years ago

Each of the 6 jersey jack coders chose songs and made their own modes which apparently all are like mini wizard modes, and obviously due to the variety of coders, are completely different and unique! This machine has been taken to a level we have never seen and I hope gets repeated by all manufacturers! Well done JJP! I'm with ICE can't wait to blow this puppy up!

#2726 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

That song was written by Paul McCartney when he was with Wings. Has nothing to do with the Beatles.

You of course are right however you get the point I hope. Since Paul personally gave the asset to Slash to put in the game in its entirety.

#2846 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

What? Elwin can run circles around him.

both of you sound like "my dad can beat up your dad" . They are both amazing designers and I for one am happy the older are getting replaced with the awesomness of these two! There is no "better", they both are good and we now have tough decisions on what amazing games to buy and from what company! that my friend is good for this hobby!

#2847 3 years ago

Dougie I'm with you.... can't wait to get this one, shut the lights out, grab my 16 year old Lagavulin and rock out to the incredible music of GnfnR!

#3232 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Some of us are here because we enjoy discussions, not just sucking off a game. I agree that there are people who just like to shit on other's fun, but honestly unless they're all already on my ignore list I'm not seeing that here.
Being honest and critical while also trying to be positive isn't always a perfect balance. I personally try. I think GNR looks like a stellar effort. I'm trusting the good opinions of the people I know who have played it who seem to really like it. I'm also still a little concerned it's got too much multiball once the new game feeling wears off. I think I'm allowed to talk about everything I think looks great while still having concerns. Why else are we here? I'm not getting paid to sell games or be a marketing shill.
I bet overall it's a real winner of a game, it has too much love to not be. I'd still like to read the negative impressions and thoughts to balance out the people who are maybe a little too enamored. We all know that the new game smell can be a little heady for some and it takes time for the real impressions to settle in.

Having said all that.....This is the greatest game produced ever!

#3483 3 years ago

shit, I had to check what thread I was in, this one has obviously been taken over by the Stern army!

#3626 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Come hang out!! We have a camera on the upper playfield for those that want to see it better.
www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

Damn the flow looks amazing! Have to play myself, however there looks to be so many different cool shots in this game! Still watching to figure out how to load the guitar neck with 6 balls! This is gonna be a huge success for JJP and damn who in this industry can even sniff the talent of Jean-Paul de Win!

#3753 3 years ago

Its really weird how all those who didn't get a CE (the majority) think the art work and colors are better on the LE and everyone who did get a CE thinks the art work on the CE is the cats ass! go figure

#3920 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Best games are subjective, but I would definitely say most of the top 30 are pretty damn fun....There are several on the list I would agree with ... MMRLE, AFMRLE, POTC LE, LOTR, TZ although all of those games would get old if its the only game in your collection.... hell at the moment WW is my favorite...tomorrow it might be something else...to each their own

whirlwind, water world, or wonka? Oh WH20 or white water. they gotta stop making those double WW games!

#4021 3 years ago

There is always something to complain about lol. Now that the game has been well received and reviews in general are outstanding, let's move to the next phase to complain about...welcome to Pinside Recently, JJP has done a ton to get producing machines faster and more effectively by moving to Chicago and doubling the size of their work space and doubling the line to get machines out faster as well as new tittles more regularly. This takes time! We all know they have made huge strides and probably invested a ton of dough to get here. Patience isn't a virtue and I am sure life will go on while we wait for our games. Oh if anyone is too worried about waiting and has a CE on confirmed order, I would be more than happy to take it off your hands at cost and go through the wait for you!

#4388 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Nope. Unpopulated. I made a lot of noise about it too. I'm still making noise about it. I'm not pleased. And I have NOT been made whole.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Holy crap, you wanted a fully populated playfield for this? Damn Stern and JJp would be out of business if people wanted populated palyfields for this! I bought two Sterns at once and both had ghosting inserts that you need to look hard for but they would not do a thing. I think you best stay away from New in box purchases from every company. Having said this I am betting both companies are doing what they can with the companies having the problems getting the clear coat just right for the new direct print process. fingers crossed

#4393 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Wasn't whining. You still have no clue.

it's whining

#4407 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

They aren't doing a damn thing about it. The PFs have been doing this since WoZ and they haven done shit. The problem is that they cheaped out and stopped silk screening the PFs, they are using a printer and it doesn't work. I traded a beautiful game that I cant replace for a game that will have the art chipping off of it withing 6 months. Whining or not, I don't care and JJP will never get my business again.

great then we don't have to hear from you again!

#4428 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It is continually surprising how many people say they will never buy another NIB, yet hang out in threads for NIB games...

Yes it almost makes you think there maybe an agenda with a few?

#4435 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

My agenda is getting acceptable quality, a decent value and consumer advocacy. Oh the the horror....the horror.

Yes but that can be done on your own time, and not beating a dead horse over and over like some on here!

#4437 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The people defending bad product around here is just...well it explains why the world continues a downward spiral.

No one is defending bad product, that's your interpretation. I think people just get sick and tired of the same individuals saying the same thing over and over. I for one hope both Stern and JJP get the results we all are hoping for with their outside vendors, as I am sure all do here. This or go back to silk screen where I believe the problem lies.

#4444 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Bill,
Did you receive an original Magic Girl? Are you in line to receive a new Magic Girl? Is DR still planning on making MG? Do you have any ongoing litigation with DR?

I want nothing to do with DR or Magic Girl. I never had any litigation going with anyone because to me it was not worth my time and headache, however I do not blame those that did litigate....to each their own. I simply wanted to help get MG across the finish line or expose it for what it was, which we all know how that movie ended. I couldn't stand seeing John take in money from the community without the community knowing what all the true facts were. When we went through the books there was no question what was going on and when I got the machine out of his hands and to some very knowledgeable engineers and pinball techs, that is where my involvement stopped! DR, aren't burning our communities money, but they are burning what I refer to as innocent peoples money and despite the fact we are all big boys and can make decisions ourselves some do take the word of certain individuals that can be very misleading on purpose or not, and these are the people I feel sorry for! lots more Jeff but nutshell

#4465 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Ice is it really that buyers are fickle, in this case? Not criticizing you by any means as I am one that is .... to each their own! BUT, it gets me that people downplay the pooling and chipping of playfields. People are spending 6-12500k on these machines and, like a lot of hobbyist, they're putting them in their collection. In that collection they have machines from all eras. What gets me is .... a Stern or JJP machine that isn't even a few years old has pooling and chipping issues and it's sitting in the same room as a machine I have that's from the 60's that has a excellent playfield. So how is it, with all the modern technology, that playfield quality isn't getting better but getting worse?
Another thing that makes me shake my head is everyone blames JJP! This is not a JJP issue it's a Mirco issue. Mirco comes on Pinside all the time selling his products and responds to questions but refuses to address the poor quality product that he has put out. This is JJP 6th machine and, what, 4 out of the 6 have had pf issues ....all supplied by Mirco.
Just another point of view!

Is it just me or should JJP find a better solution to playfields than keep going back to Mirco. What's the saying, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

#4466 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Older playfields are better because the companies could buy the best product,now they have to use shit that’s safe for the environment

I don't buy anything without skull and crossbones because all else is just shit!

#4502 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Isn’t Churchill one of Stern’s vendors?

Use to be, not anymore. Churchill is under the same roof as CGC and are owned by the same.

#4503 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL you say relax but if these were Stern issues the sky would be falling

These are Stern issues as well you are correct. So if he's over in a Stern thread saying the sky is falling then you sir have a good point!

#4506 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Isn't Stern doing their own in house now? Would it matter?

I don't believe it is 100% under Sterns roof as of now however I could be wrong

#4510 3 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

There was a recent factory tour at Stern posted.. They had at least two large cnc machines making playfields shown in the video.. But yeah not sure if it is all playfields or not..

yes they do their own playfields on cnc machines however we are talking about direct printing and the clear coat process the latter I believe is still outsourced.

#4511 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Here are a few more pics. I was waiting for an LE, however my local distributor outside of Atlanta had 4 SEs on hand and I pulled the trigger...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn that's a beautiful machine! Congrats and may the pooling not be with you!

#4534 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

that looks like a stern to me

He said its his JP which is a Stern tittle yes. Both companies are having identical problems with different clear coating companies which leads me to believe it has something to do with direct print, which they both do now, vrs. silk screening. The process is somehow not adhering and curing to direct print like it did with silk screening.

#4625 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The day before the game went on sale, they posted a pic to twitter with nothing but in box games and someone looking proud. This strongly implies these games were ready to ship.
I was expecting weeks, but if you are going to post crap like bunches of games ready to ship, you better have the majority of the games ready to ship or close.
https://twitter.com/JJPinball/status/1312803772435890176

I'm still waiting for my Magic Girl

#4643 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I know, right? And many of those ads are 3 weeks old and no sellers.

I like Rai's, wanting to buy a CE without markup!

#5022 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wow u take a little break and the fanboys don't disappoint.
The "stern army" is manipulating the PF polls
Without pictures its not happening and of course its no big deal at all.
and my favorite, unless u own a JJP game ur not allowed an opinion as u will never own one anyway.
I personally don't care about a little pooling or even a small chip but man the bullshit in strong in here.

I'm guessing by how many posts you have "in here''....., you love shit!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 210.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,400 (OBO)
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wcbrandes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype?tu=wcbrandes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.