IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #891 Featurette video. Posted by Coz (3 years ago)

Post #897 Full song list Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Post #958 All 3 versions of playfields side by side. Posted by sevenrites (3 years ago)

Post #1172 Keith clarifies Coma rule Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#290 3 years ago

Under play field looks impressive, with lots of mechs and magic.
9D253AFF-6D84-4F3D-9986-3FE9AA486384 (resized).jpeg9D253AFF-6D84-4F3D-9986-3FE9AA486384 (resized).jpeg

#1303 3 years ago

I know how to get the JJP GNR experience at a discount:

Enthusiastically wave an LED flashlight in front of your face, while listening to GNR “Not in this Lifetime” tour CD.

Total cost: $19.95

#1340 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Lastly, a couple people told me a certain podcaster nailed it, I don't know, I don't personally listen to, or hear the podcast myself. I'll take their word that he nailed it, and want to congratulate him, Kaneda. Take this as an olive branch to him. Wish him a lot of success in the podcast world and I apologize for criticizing him in the past.

Priceless: Kaneda apologizing to....Kaneda...

#1345 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

He said they use masters so studio versions not rerecorded.

Understood that to mean, masters of concert recorded songs, not originally recorded masters/songs. Would make sense, as the original recordings would have a great deal of record label red tape that would prohibit 21 songs in full being used in the machine. Record labels would not go for that, judging by the past, since they own the original recorded music from the 80s.

Bands are free to use their own music recorded during concerts or re-recorded sessions. Those masters are free to use.

#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Really need to see the Buffalo stream now that a few limited gameplay vids are out. Game feels waaaaaaay multi ball heavy. POTC felt this way as well but GnR looks to be much too easy to get MB and add balls. I feel like I am watching someone play a GnR pachinko machine.
Also, I am concerned that the song modes are going to be like POTC story modes. I applaud their effort in having choreographed lighting which is unique to every song. It looks awesome (although sometimes seizure-inducing). But the actual shooting ie hit these two random lit areas over and over is pretty uninspiring.
It is too early to tell at this point and there are a lot more things to shoot for besides song modes. However, song modes are the bread and butter of this game and I hope that the shot logic is up to par with the light show.

Remove the lights from this game and what do you have left? $12,5k for lights? Disappointed there is not a lot to shoot at and no interesting ball mech interaction, because there are no real motorized interactive mechs on the PF.

It is a tough game to stream and get people excited, with the lack of interesting pinball mechanics. If one likes loads of multi-balls and listening to music with tons of lights, this one is for you. Real pinball enthusiast, check before entering, lol.

Kevin at Buffalo Pinball, is doing a good job streaming this game. Grats to JJP selling out 500 CEs!

#2263 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

The Multiballs.
Balls just falling out forever...it's like watching puppies being born.

You’re so right. Reason there is nothing but multiballs is because there is not much else in the game. Programmers didn’t have much else for players to do, except go from multiball to multiball. Can see tons of people cancelling CE orders and waiting to play later on location. HUO, multiballs become monotonous big time. Problem with any band no matter how good the music, listening burnout happens and you don’t want to hear the songs for a good long while later. That’s what makes games that focus on modes and mech interaction always have us pushing the button for one more magical kinetic play.

#2268 3 years ago

#2269 3 years ago

#2275 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats what many people said about POTC.....my guess is they will take initial feedback and adjust accordingly....

Imo, POTC is a superior game in every way, because of so many modes and mechs working all over the playfield. Lots more to shoot at. That cannon shot still is exciting!

#2278 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can't argue with that either. I love JP, one of the best games ever. Just set up AIQLE, another Elwin winner and great gameplay.
Plus a guy like Rick Neagle doesn't get enough credit for being on code for Elwin's games.

Elwin being more than a rock pin designer, knows as a player first and foremost what all of us are really looking for in play mechanics. IMDN is still hard to beat in the music genre. I’ll give credit to GNR on light shows however. If lights are your thing GNR is the one to get.

#2282 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Let's shake the magic 8 ball and see what minor issue Pinside haters will hyperfocus on this time to shit on a pin![quoted image]

What part of constructive discussion on a $12,500.00 purchase is difficult for your magic 8 ball to understand? Lol. How is that hate???

#2285 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's not constructive, it's destructive. The shift from excitement to shitting on a game is reliable as the tides on Pinside, and it's just disheartening to see.
Have you even played it? Maybe the multiballs are fun! They sure were on POTC.

Don’t be disheartened my friend. This forum is all about discussing positives and negatives of every game made. Since none of us are the manufacturer of any of these games, no reason to be upset. And no, there is a reason most games are not Multiball heavy. MBs come into play for the most part as a reward for completing certain tasks. Over doing it, always ends in chaotic monotonous game play and objectives become lost. Some are fun, but many years of pinball history have shown us, the best games don’t rely on heavy MBs to be fun.

POTC is a completely different game and as I already stated, superior in every way (imo) to GNR. JJP BOM appears to have been a great deal better on POTC and therefore it was loaded with fun interesting interactive mechs and modes.

#2294 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Superior in every way is a serious stretch and this is coming from a POTC LE owner....how in the world can u access that without even playing the game?...its a ridiculous comment.

Not ridiculous at all, after watching lots of GNR gameplay streams. Having played a lot of POTC and lots of pinball in general, it is easy to get a feel for a game prior to playing, hence the reason so many companies rely on streaming for people to assess whether to order a game or not. Of course opinions on whether POTC is superior or not is up to the individual and if you don’t think it is, I can respect that. (I would hope you’re not intending to disrespect my opinion on POTC, by your “ridiculous comment” wording.)

#2727 3 years ago

Since so many are declaring the obvious, that there are no mechs/toys in GNR, Kman’s new crazy marketing angle is: “the whole game is the mech”???

Lol, so no company needs to put mechs/toys in their games any longer, by just declaring, games like GNR that only have a couple of ramps and pop bumpers, with a scoop, is the mech?

...we are living in new looney pinball times, if that’s the case. Lol

Kman has lost the plot in his bid for a job at JJP.

(Good job Slash, getting Paul to sign off on using one of his songs, as a GNR cover song.) The light show is amazing on that song!

#3122 3 years ago

After listening to The Pinball Show episode #33, think Dennis Kriesel nailed his review of GNR and nailed Zack’s hide on his GNR assessment.

Imo, Dennis is definitely the more pinball savy guru in pinball than Zach’s ideas of what makes pinball. If we are talking about pinball execution and flow, with all the geometry needed to make a great pinball machine, Dennis’s assessment on GNR is right on the money. Zach’s retorts don’t hold water and all he could say to counter Dennis is he hasn’t played it yet??? Tisk tisk... In addition, Zach showed almost no class in putting down each good point Dennis was making, with his inserted, “wrong” audio clip. Dennis far out classes Zach in a debate about pinball, with his superior knowledge and understanding.

No one has to play a game to discover from a stream or viewing the layout, whether it works as a good pinball machine or not. Can see straight away from just looking at Houdini’s layout for example, that the shots are really tight and the geometry is not so good.

I trust Dennis to give a fair and objective review. Zach on the other hand, with his bias sales/shill glasses constantly on, not so much. What Dennis and other top pinball players have had to say about GNR not being a very good playing game or being very multiball heavy makes sense. But do not argue that GNR has plenty of theme assets. If all it takes to make one happy in a $12.5k purchase is plenty of lights, with some concert footage on the back box, along with a ball lock or two, that person may be pretty easy to please, imo. But a really good playing pinball machine???? Agree with Dennis on that one: GNR doesn’t appear to be a fun shooter when it comes to real pinball game flow combos, with real objectives to be accomplished, besides just getting a song to play, with multiball after multiball to keep the song going over and over again.

Looks monotonous just like the stream we saw from Buffalo Pinball, like chopping wood. Although Kevin did a good job with what he had. I do appreciate Zach’s effort in pinball media although. Maybe if he just turned down the GNR hype train a bit, as he’s beginning to sound a lot like Kaneda. Dennis is the only reason The Pinball Show stays somewhat credible. Nate Shivers he’ll never be, lol. If you haven’t heard the episode, give it a listen.

#3630 3 years ago

Nice GNR presentation at Expo 2020 today. Good job team JJP!

#3632 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Is this online somewhere? I can’t find it and I’d like to watch it. Thanks.

I watched it here, at the expo site.

https://www.twitch.tv/pinballexpo

Fun to see Slash at the factory too!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype?tu=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.