IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #891 Featurette video. Posted by Coz (3 years ago)

Post #897 Full song list Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Post #958 All 3 versions of playfields side by side. Posted by sevenrites (3 years ago)

Post #1172 Keith clarifies Coma rule Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sako-trg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Bear with me here.
I get the love-hate allegiance to a band.
What I dont get is the failure to appreciate where another artist is talented.
I grew up in Australia, so love some AC/DC, not all. I also love some GNR, not all, love some Mellencamp, not all. Love some Aerosmith, not all. Love some U2, not all. Love Springsteen, not all. Showing my 52 years and have seen all the above live.
Slagging off Taylor Swift is fine, but she is a talented songwriter/musician even if she is not to your taste, Look at her performance at the 2020 CMA awards - breathtaking. Seen her live too. Read what Bob Taylor said about her in his autobiography. Not suggesting a Taylor Swift pin has a snowballs chance of happening, but if it did, if ever pinball was to skip to a new generation...
Love some Stern, not all. Love some JJP, not all.

Taylor Swift + Talent? You’ve been eating too many yabbies mate, gone walkabout without your bush hat, gotten lost and taken in too much sun

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm hoping JJP competes better on pricing....Here's my guess
SE will be under $7K
LE will go back to DI pricing $9K
CE will probably stay at $12.5K

Hope so but I think it will be more, add 1k to the above.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

Whats the blackout square?

It will be blocking the label / name of the playfield
For example:
GnR - Limited Edition #45

#322 3 years ago

I’ve no doubt this pin is going to be absolutely spectacular. Really looking forward to the release like everyone else.
In true Pinside fashion......
This thread will be full of mixed feeling comes Monday.
I’ll hazard a guess it will be more to do with the sky rocketed price matrix to pay for JJPs new location.
Prepare for that bitter sweet experience... and lead balloon!

#324 3 years ago

^^^^Cryptic ...... lol

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from SirrPinalot:

Why´s everyone think its GnR? or any band for that matter what if its just a tv show or theme they came up with?

Go onto JJP Facebook page.
The hints....
Also the hype, pinball news etc... being going on over the last year or so. It’s 100% def GnR.

#364 3 years ago

I could be wrong but I think this is your translite for GnR.
A certain person was kind enough to show a blurred image on a Podcast of GnR being played on a laptop. I took a screen grab. You can see at the top of his image the bottom half of what looks like the translite.
37C279F6-0309-4631-8831-ED79423DB7B9 (resized).png37C279F6-0309-4631-8831-ED79423DB7B9 (resized).pngDEDCBACC-E64A-4AC2-A078-A0E19457600C (resized).jpegDEDCBACC-E64A-4AC2-A078-A0E19457600C (resized).jpeg

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Kaneda has no credibility when it comes to reviewing pinball.
He loves GnR band, if it was a cardboard box Zizzle GnR pin he’d probably say it was the best game ever.

For some it will be considered a win win situation though.
Kaneda has indicated GnR is totally awesome.
If it’s a turd, he promised he will shut down his podcast

#426 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I agree if 250 it's a sellout

If so they will be gone extremely quickly.
I reckon Slash would be committed to reserving a bunch of the CE models to friends and family and the GnR fan clubs.

#436 3 years ago

Out of Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin or Deep Purple I would rather have the latter.
I like all three though.
Maybe they should have a pin called Unholy Trinity.
This effectively incorporates the above 3 British late 60s rock groups.

#476 3 years ago

09:00am in Scotland
View from my window ..........not
GnR - let’s do this!

C0395E3A-16D1-4A4F-ACEB-047D04EEA4B4 (resized).jpegC0395E3A-16D1-4A4F-ACEB-047D04EEA4B4 (resized).jpeg
#483 3 years ago

Can’t believe I’m contemplating selling my Ducati to fund, getting rid of the pool table to make room and seriously pissing the Mrs off.
Part of me wants it to be shit so I can dispel but I know deep down it will be awesome.
Tough decisions, I keep saying one more pin......when will it ever end.

22EBC41F-4F52-4790-A297-FF8B3F846146 (resized).jpeg22EBC41F-4F52-4790-A297-FF8B3F846146 (resized).jpeg
#533 3 years ago

Please, please, please........ in true JJP tradition don't fcuk the cab art up.
How may Wonka top hats did we count last time around.
Imagine if its Fat Axl Rose x 6

#1136 3 years ago

Can you get Rad Cals on the LE?

#1611 3 years ago

Guys,

Do JJP pins use translites or real back glass - trying to gauge if the GnR LE is Glass - I know it isn't mirrored though.

#1758 3 years ago

We had 9 x CEs allocated to the whole of the UK.
As you can imagine, that didn’t last long.
I wanted a CE but alas- no chance!

#1765 3 years ago

Will a JJP topper be available for the LE at least?

#1769 3 years ago

I really wish JJP could have anticipated the sales better with this title. The large fan appeal.....
The CE should have been circa 1k to be fair and would still be exclusive enough.
I think they dropped the ball here.

#1795 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looking back, easy to think that way.
In the past. POTC CE pretty much sold out at Expo. So increase to 250 WW CE. Some distributors still have them ?
So doubling GNR CE probably seemed risky to begin with.
And people weren't that hot about it here on Pinside leading up to the release.
I don't recall any clue that any game would be this hot.
LTG : )

Understood - If you took Metallica MOP as an example it may have gave you an indication of how well good rock pins sell in this flavour. Especially with having the full assets and backing of GnR.... with your team then seeing the completed product in all its glory... One would think JJP must have had confidence to realise this was something special and worthy of upping the auntie - so to speak.

#1810 3 years ago

So 500 individuals could snag a GnR collectors edition worldwide.......

I wonder how many CEs were actually left for sale to general population once you subtracted the GnR bands friends and family, JJP staff, investors etc, etc.........
350?

#2501 3 years ago

Maybe we will relax about missing out on a CE when the modders show us some fancy toppers, sound bar replacements, rose style button surrounds and plunger shrouds

#2812 3 years ago

Pinball design is a team effort.
Out of curiosity, does Elwin also have an Electro Mechanical University Degree?

#2858 3 years ago

Have to say, the shiny surface (Mylar) on the LE really makes a difference to the finish.
That was a good call by Eric.

#3069 3 years ago

So anyone finishing making some cool mods for the LE yet?
Would like to see a nice lockdown button surround + plunger surround for starters

#3071 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I'd love to just see a replica of the CE lockdown button. The roses would look good on the red.

Yes, agreed to match the Apron also!

#3078 3 years ago

Sorry if been asked already but can a sound bar be wired to the LE?

#3137 3 years ago

Only thing I’m worried about is I’m really crap at tilting. When the ball is going SDTM.... I just stare at it and do nothing, frozen in time.
I guess I may be really bad at this pin so the multi-balls will help me out

#3159 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I promise you won’t miss it. Also I think the locking neck is pretty interactive and the spinning disc is also interactive and fun. There wasn’t a point, while playing the game, I thought it lacked that “toy moment” or needed one. It has special moments out the wazoo.

How did you like the art pack on the LE In person? Can you confirm if the red brick powder has any metal flake in it?

#3161 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I really really enjoyed the art package on the LE. I may like it better than the CE actually. In person the red on the armor is not WoZ red, which I was fearful of. It’s more of a red with orange or bronze/brown to it. Brick is a good description. I actually don’t recall if it was metallic or not. My initial recollection was that it wasn’t, but I might be mistaken. The color looks really good. Additionally, the art package on it. Looks much better in person vs photos where it’s overly bright and blown out. In person it really is pretty nice.

Thank you, your selling this to me..... after missing out on the CE I’m getting extremely close to pulling the trigger now on LE, thanks for your input

#3180 3 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

Agree completely w/ vividpsychosis. LE #315 arrived yesterday at my house (posted a few pics and thoughts in the official owner's thread, if anyone is interested). I don't play competitively/tournaments, but: consider myself a discerning flipper. And: either own or have owned Bally/Williams, JJP, Spooky, Data East, Heighway. And: have put serious play on every game on the top 100 (as a consultant, I <used to> travel every day. frequently stopped at the best pinball spots coast to coast). plus I built a high-end Virtual Pin. I know - it isn't the same thing. But: better than nothing. And: some of the original tables using PinUp Packs are something else (e.g. Harry Potter, Stranger Things, etc.).
ANYWAY, I am completely blown away by GNR. I was *slightly* concerned about gameplay after watching the initial streams. But: grail theme led to an impulse LE order at launch announcement (btw: direct from JJP website. must have been one of the first people to have order processed once you could actually purchase). First time I've bought a pin w/out putting it through its paces (hell: even had several trips to play Alien at SF's Flipper Room before pulling the trigger).
Anyone claiming this game doesn't have "flow" must have a different definition of "flow" than I do. you can absolutely hit orbits/inner loop/ramps for quick action. The light and sound show can be overwhelming on first play. But: the rules are clearly explained on the mini screen and through call-outs. But: WOW the experience. The risk/reward of continuing song mode vs. cashing out adds an awesome dynamic. The light and sound show is absolutely phenomenal, especially as you build momentum in a song.
My only quasi-negative: the Album wizard modes aren't fully fleshed out yet (i hope). They are technically there, but: honestly a bit of a letdown after the mind-melting of crushing a song like "Live and Let Die", earn an encore into the next song, then moving into "boss mode" animations with video-gamey-sound effects. Fully expecting those to get better as code matures (and: let's give props...most games ship with place-holders for wizard modes. GNR has a ton of them out of the box).
Upper playfield is better than Wizard of Oz, but: spiritual successor. most importantly: it does not interrupt the flow of the game like WOZ. I love that some shots can find their way directly to the Gibson headstock/ball lock. The VUK to the bass "string" paths is super cool. The diverter that changes the left ramp from quick turnaround to the upper playfield is also sweet as hell. Will withhold judgement until I get a chance to play a SE to have an opinion to have it changes shots/flow.
Beyond the "collect band members", "start song", "complete album" main mission path, there are a ton of other multi-ball opportunities. Spend a few minutes with the rule sheet on JJP and they go from mysterious to intentional. Can there be a lot going on? Absolutely. Part of the design. But: as stated: the single ball pressure to either start song or end song raises tensions quite a bit. And: as has been said, all multi-balls rules/setting can be fine-tuned to your liking. So far, I've only upped the flipper strengths a bit and turned on Adult mode (needed some "Mr. Brownstone", even with teenagers in the house).
Happy to answer questions as I have one sitting a few feet away. Hope everyone gets a chance to play this; your mileage may vary, but: I'm absolutely thrilled. truly an incredible pinball experience (which: even my wife and teenage girls LOVED, which never happens).
[quoted image]

Great info thanks - does the powder coat have metal flake in it?

#3182 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Someone with a LE needs to wire that Marshall Amp speaker up and report back. Has a RCA connection along with 3.5mm or Bluetooth.
Friggin rocked in the store and would not need to add a sub underneath.[quoted image]

It would need to power outside the pin though I guess unlike the CE version?

#3268 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

We do not support acting as a speaker, sorry.

Is there a 3.5mm Phono Jack output inside the LE. I looked at the manual from JJP, it appears there is?
If so, does this send audio for all sound or just certain designated speakers in particular.
Thanks in advance.

#3283 3 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

And here come the clear coat issues....again
[quoted image]

This could be wax.....or dandruff ...... or worse still ....skin.....

#3287 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Seriously...I think I see a pube.

Oh no.....that means it could be a dried something else....

#3290 3 years ago

In all seriousness.
I don’t want to sh^t on anything but...I got burned on NIB IMDN with pooling.
Never got sorted, took it on the chin.
I am pulling the trigger soon on a GnR LE - maybe tomorrow.....I was def informed all this pooling was ancient history now??

#3294 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How could anyone be able to make this determination? NIB will always be a risk. Always.

Yes, but the clear-coat hasn’t always been an issue.
Out of my small NIB collection of 6 - IMDN is the only one with pooling around all the posts.
Others are fine. IMDN is the latest build date.
I thought they had identified and addressed this particular issue, is what I’m saying.

#3398 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me the width of the back box / head unit on GnR please?
I've only got sterns so don't know.....
Thanks.

#3421 3 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

28 3/4" wide
29 3/8" high

Thank you Sir, much appreciated !

#3422 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Back to GnR, I’m having a hard time resisting an LE...just a gorgeous game! Love the poster art, powdercoat, no big deal on losing the coma physical lock, tons of mod options, looks like a home run! Glad a buddy got a CE to try, I missed out. But the more I look at it, the more I like the LE.

Same here..... I threw my teddy in the corner when i missed out on a CE.
Now...... the more I look at the LE, having checked close ups of the Mylar coated art and the brick powder, I'm actually relaxed about it.
I asked the Mrs who didn't know which model was which between the 3 and she instantly preferred the LE art.

Seems easy to add a wired sound-bar via the 3.5mm jack and some other tasteful sculpts / toppers will soon be available.
I'd like to see a proper topper available with the guns + roses logo vs the flipper bats.

#3463 3 years ago

GnR - always thought / hoped this would translate into a good pin.
RHCP - I think this would be same, good theme to translate.
Led Zeppelin- I’m not convinced. The art off the Albums isn't even that great to be honest. So wonder how this will be implemented.

I grew up being into rock / metal since early 70s and like Mr Plants music

I see a lot of kids now walking around with GnR T-shirt’s on

Can’t say the same for Led Zeppelin so is this a pin only a certain demographic will feed quarters within USA - Canada ?
LZ for collectors but for location?

#3610 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Some have suggested JJP production was steady making 50 games per day. Factory is bigger now and there may some changeover time required for models, but let’s assume JJP can produce 250 games per week. The 2500 LE’s sold would take ten weeks or 2.5 months to build. As JJP is awaiting playfields, know that once they show up it won’t take long to catchup with back orders.
JJP achieving this production rate has yet to be seen lately. Should they perform as advertised, they would be 25 times bigger than Spooky who averages 10+ games per week.

Is this accurate, 2500 LEs sold?

#3614 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Nobody knows but that was the rumor I liked. It was chosen for illustrative purposes. Plug in the whole 5000 run number as being sold if you like and you’ll see that takes 20 weeks. The most variable and contentious component of my statement was JJP could build 250 games per week. What’s that like 20 freight trucks worth? We’d see evidence of that by watching the parking lot. Producing 50 games a day on a steady basis will take some time to ramp up to.

Lol.... regardless, when I started seeing similar type rumours, after missing out on the CE, I pulled the trigger on my LE earlier today.
Unlikely, I know......but just my luck the LEs all vanish

#3617 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

There is no way the supposed "LEs" are sold. This game will be more available on the secondary market than DI is. Give it a year. I'd also recommend waiting for at least the second run of LEs if you must buy nib. There will be some issues to iron out. There always are.

I could be wrong but believe JJP team members have had an LE at home putting it through its paces for almost a year. Theres been time to tweak issues, amend code etc..... due to factory relocation and C19. I think I remember EM mentioned it..... I’m hoping they captured any issues during that timeframe.
Having said that, I don’t mind waiting if I have to.....

#3646 3 years ago

I think everything looks and sounds fantastic.
Only thing to me that’s a bit out of character is the Wonka plunge type noise but I guess that’s easily sorted. Think someone already mentioned it on the stream above ^^^^

#3660 3 years ago

Def Micro - see the logo

5BCC2816-2667-4289-8639-77F30DF8B3FD (resized).jpeg5BCC2816-2667-4289-8639-77F30DF8B3FD (resized).jpeg
#3776 3 years ago

Have a funny feeling there will be a Slash Special edition later down the line.........
Hat signed, different art pack, more Slash specific......

#3819 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just received my CE topper from Amazon! $55 and double the bass and watts. Now my LE is complete and I have the one thing I Did feel was needed to complete the package. Crank it up!
[quoted image]

Look forward to feedback on sound improvement and how you hook it up please.

#3823 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

y splitter off soundboard PCB, then 3.5 cable to aux port on new soundbar and existing cable to other y split ... sounds like any low end sub duty will work by tapping off the cabinet sub with alligator clips or reflow the solder to new wires for a 2nd external sub...

Am I right in saying the way the CE is setup, it’s only using the 3.5mm jack that’s connected for certain sound output using sound-bar but the hookup you describe is best way to go for Audio experience?

#3860 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Ummm and you know this how? Don’t tell me....you took a scientific poll of all potential GnR buyers BEFORE the CE sold out SPECIFICALLY about the art packages, right? And ya why would the majority of GnR fans want the Iconic GnR Cross on the backboard when they could have orange brick?
[quoted image][quoted image]
And why would anyone want Appetite for Destruction Artwork on the playfield?? Just a nice blank space is what most GnR fans want, right??[quoted image][quoted image]

I pondered over both packages for quite a while.
I agree with what you say above ref the playfield and the AFD cross or the remake cross.
You did fail to mention the most important aspect, the main cabinet decals and to me this is a bit of a let down.
This is the main reason I missed out on a CE in UK.....I snoozed trying to make my bloody mind up which one to go for!
When it was released, I was expecting the CE to have more original GnR art on the main cab and was trying to get my head around the robot theme with the giant pinball..... I had already programmed my brain to expect more original AFD etc.....a few hours later the CEs were gone!
Was it destiny I ended up with an LE that I can now mod to my liking with the extra 3k?

All said and done, I wish I had the CE.....but if I did... I bet my mind would play tricks on me wishing I had the LE ..... such is life!

#3874 3 years ago

Same here, not in any major hurry.
I sold my pool table to make room, still needs to be collected by the buyer.
I also sold my Ducati to fund this........... feel like crying but fcuk it!

#4042 3 years ago

After watching the Virtual Expo.... it's plainly obvious where the bottleneck for JJP production lies....

The guy at Micro is too busy changing diapers to be making playfields!

#4048 3 years ago

Rumours circulating the early (non-destructive) GnR Micro playfields are identified as being problematic causing the chipping.
If so then two parties would have known the new improved Micro playfield design existed?

1. JJP
2. Micro

With this in mind.....what calculating individual at JJP decided it was a good idea to use the crappy batch for the important 1st run of GnR?

#4051 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You may be disappointed, and I certainly hope I am wrong. But, even though they got the new factory going, I don’t imagine it’s at 100% capacity due to COVID. Plus, new factory or not, they still have to depend on suppliers for parts who are also not at 100% due to COVID.
Tons of demand + COVID = long wait times. New math sucks.

Maybe there's a reason why the band are all portrayed as Skeletons after all

#4086 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I only counted 46 times. No need to inflate the numbers....
In all seriousness....We've been asking for equality in society way before slavery...should we stop asking for it now because we asked a hundred times or should we keep bringing it up and demand better? Should we strategize and demand better with our refusal to purchase? I get the vibe in the room. I get it, people are complacent. Majority rules, enjoy the subpar products, as it seems that most "don't care". Myself, I'll continue to speak with my wallet.

You forget to mention......
Tech support is a bit pants also.... (not Chaz)
It’s like some of these companies sell these pins and have maybe 1 or 2 guys in their team that work tech support but are over worked. The companies stance though is fcuk it.....when the pin starts inevitably malfunctioning the consumer can refer to Pinside to sort their issues ....leave them to it !!

#4088 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Hmmmm... Interesting theory... let's see... "It has come to my attention that I am involved in an odd pants metaphor... under these circumstances it would be wrong not to ask for a bump in my sala----"
Oops. Sorry. Was that out loud?

Lol.....unfortunate, but true. I am in my case referring to Stern presently as all my NIBs are Stern and any correspondences to tech support and parts have been unanswered every time with one exception - Chaz. I even have another email drafted / unanswered ready to resend from 2019 due to Covid as I write this. My next pin is GnR LE already ordered which will be my very first JJP pin with my UK Distro so hoping won’t need to test JJP support infrastructure .... lol.... but Pinside support standing by

#4090 3 years ago

Chaz passed away recently and it is a great loss for Stern. Pat has always been excellent and is a great guy as well.

Yes, I heard about Chaz, very sad indeed. Everyone who knew him personally or professionally only had the nicest things to say about him, real shame

#4114 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Something is going on with this scoop. Is the hood bent down too much and firing the ball into the front of the scoop / playfield edge when it is ejected?
Is this the game at JackBar?

Found it! Geolocated
Steve Ritchies Office!

F3731058-FECB-438A-9CF4-DA9993236EBD (resized).pngF3731058-FECB-438A-9CF4-DA9993236EBD (resized).png

#4174 3 years ago

Ok.....too much, deleted

#4199 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No shit....so much for Mirco's new clear coat...sure would be nice if JJP commented on these issues, but we know that won't happen.

And there lies the problem right there!
I understand the chaps on here from JJP will not have the authority to interject on the subject matter which is fair enough.
However I feel the guys further up the chain of command need to make some sort of reassuring communication.

#4206 3 years ago
Quoted from Aliias:

For what its worth they have started to cover the posts with washers from the factory. As far as we know the Australian games havent been built yet, so they should ship with them installed.
[quoted image]

Out of sight, out of mind....I feel better already
That wouldn’t work if it’s badly pooled, the clear becomes raised and there would be a void / gap between the raised pool and the washer. It wouldn’t sit flush to the playfield.

#4298 3 years ago

Once the GnR LEs are sold I would be extremely surprised not to see another variant - say ‘Slash Edition - with signed hats or similar’
No way will this cash cow stop Mooing
Me, I’m happy with the current LE which is why I’m in- as you won’t nail the art no matter what variant gets released.

#4348 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

So...has Micron said when they first started putting their Spectrum playfields in GNR?

I reckon they’ve been there all along
JJP + Mirco now on plan A,B,..............X !
Expect washers for foreseeable future ....

#4363 3 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Just to be fair, i made this quick video, showing JJP Pins, im also sad about the GnR issiues, but i really hope JJP can fix them before shipping more games out, and help the ones out there allready

Thanks for sharing the vid, I love your passion!
Nice setup!
Everything will become clear when you:
- Remove the glass
- Take the protectors off
- Remove the rose tinted spectacles....

And most important off all......

- Stop being in denial

It’s ok, your amongst friends, we understand....let it all out.......

Now zoom in to the posts so we can see the pooling and chipping and start bitching

I’m joking of course .........

#4365 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

With any luck hopefully they used the old ones in the first batch and will be using the new Spectrum Playfields TM from now on .

Hopefully not the same Playturds TM in them all- lock, stock the whole damn lot, jeez!

Edit: I’ll be messaging my Distro - I want LE # 4999 lol.....surely that will be off the line next summer why badge that up.

#4367 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That JJP will make that whole lineup of Stern’s you have look so much better!I think your really going to like your JJP game when it arrives!

Dream theme for me and always wanted a JJP, everything's fantastic so I'm crossing my fingers.

#4373 3 years ago

Confused with this production of hooky POTC Playfields....
Mon,Tues,Wed,Thurs.....all ok then Fri they just decide to spew out Playturds TM?
I thought in manufacturing its a process of all or nothing.
You don't keep changing processes and ingredients on the fly!

We need this guy to whoop someone's ass!!
Wise words from Sgt Bob Barnes:-
"And when the machine breaks down, we break down. And I ain't gonna allow that in any of you. Not one JJP!"

#4384 3 years ago

^^^^^^^ That Wonka Sucks!

#4419 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just for transparency sake what’s your stand on all the issues Stern is having with their playfields?

Not happy either......I'm done with NIB Stern for now. I switched to having my 1st JJP, only pulled the trigger the day before the 1st GnR Playturd TM appeared on Pinside. I foolishly believed these events were pretty much assigned to the same warehouse storing the Arch of the Covenant in Indiana Jones!
If you want a ganders at my NIB IMDN + BM66 you can check out the GnR owners thread.

#4513 3 years ago

Agreed, that SE looks great......and it shoots really well after watching the stream...congrats man

#4546 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

From what I got from JJP there is no plan for a new PF or changes. Roll the dice and if your shit falls apart they will deal with it on a case by case basis. I guess maybe you might get another shot Pf sent to you or you can buy one. Nothing will ever change with these people.

I agree, don’t believe special play-fields are en route. The ones we seen at the Mirco Expo are already in the GnRs shipped, have no reason to expect they will be any different going forward apart from being furnished with rubber washers.

#4565 3 years ago

It is non refundable the 1K deposit.
I think the point he was making was to receive countless 1K deposits for a period of 6 months......a smart investor could make a tidy sum of money.
The point you make about interest is a mute point.

#4567 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If you think JJP is taking those deposits and playing Bernie Madoff on the stonk market, you're crazy.
Look at what refundable deposits did to POTC - Pinside did it's thing, and they got pulled back.
Deposits fund parts orders. I don't blame them one bit for making people commit.

I’m personally quite happy to wait for my LE.
If it’s even next summer, so be it.....
With any luck, it will be bullet proof by then

#4575 3 years ago

Really what color is the sky in your world? When’s the last JJP stern AP or spooky game that fell apart in six months?

Exactly! Some people really do exaggerate, taking it to a whole new level...
Fall apart, hell no......
Derez?

E6C9716F-654C-48A9-9476-7363853575E6 (resized).jpegE6C9716F-654C-48A9-9476-7363853575E6 (resized).jpeg
#4597 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Would you feel better or more confident if I and the majority of others posted a picture of our games with no issues? Shit can happen but doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the norm.

Curious to know if you got Walmart specials?

#4735 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m amazed nobody gave the Marshall amp speaker a try, it totally blows the sound bars away and looks like a rock band piece of equipment.

I Thought about it but the internals for the Marshall speaker are heavily geared for the Bass.
I'm no expert but would the Marshall not be wasted, if the link from the JJP soundcard only sends audio minus the bass to the head unit + Sound bar?

If you look at a Bose TV Sound Bar for example it specifically has a jack to connect the sub to the Sound Bar, but not sure if any bass would go this route.... best to do the sub external from the base unit in the pin cab.

Question is, is the Bass routed differently in a JJP pin from the other audio? Never had a JJP, I'm just guessing.....

#4833 3 years ago

Didn’t a Pinsider already call JJP to enquire about this?
There apparently will be no different playfields from what’s being rolled out.
That leads me to believe the GnRs are already furnished with the latest Micro Playturds TM.

#4835 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

My game chipped last night after only showing the very slightest site of pooling. It was so slight I never posted it but it went from slight to bare wood in one round of games. I’ve contacted my distributor but I’m kinda disgusted. I had pooling on my Pirates and Wonka and sold them because of that and the games didn’t do that much for me, but I’ve been enjoying G n R and the pooling was only just beginning to become apparent. To go straight from fine to a chunk of art popping off really makes me wonder what the game will look like at 500 games or more.
It’s only chipped at the bottom of the left sling but I see at least two other spots that had the same slight pool around them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m sorry to see this man, that is just awful and of course unacceptable. I really hope you get satisfaction. What a bummer

I have to ask, is your pin regarded by JJP as a Prototype?

#4839 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

It was one of the first hundred produced and used at the Cointaker SAPS tailgate. It had 70 plays on it , no playfield or mechanical issues so I thought I was in the clear.

Well that’s at least 2 x cases we have seen it chip extensively down to bare wood at the slings. Not small but large, that’s definitely a combat indicator somethings not right!

#4872 3 years ago

I'm not convinced its all to do with pooling either......
My IMDN is pooled like tsunami around the posts but its rock hard.
The ball does not make contact with the pooled area, just the posts..... i've looked carefully and simulated the ball strikes. I have played the hell out of my IMDN.
It has not chipped........ so there's something else going on too.

#4896 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

The clearcoats are way too thick. I‘ll bet if you compare the clearcoat layer thicknesses with the recommendations of the clearcoat manufacturers, this will become apparent. Paint layers which are too thick become unstable, they crack, etc. The clearcoat can pull the color off with it - just depends if the adhesion is better with the clear or the layers below. Automakers check this among other things with the „stone chip“ test. So why thick clearcoats? - because they‘re pretty. They look like glass. Let‘s face it - we pinheads have very high expectations when it comes to our games being pretty - whether it‘s playfields, cabinets, backboxes, etc.
One could apply the clear in multiple layers - maybe even polish/buff in between - but that‘s very expensive.

I hate using the automobile comparison but when paint and clear is applied at the factory it’s done quite differently from say a bodyshop.
They apply using a static electrical charge - very minimal coat of paint and clear
- Better adhesion of paint and clear
- Reduces costs
- Minimum chipping of paint - stone chips etc....

Now most who has had their vehicle in for a respray at a auto bodyshop know this.
When they apply the paint and clear they cannot get the same factory fine application.

The paint and clear is applied much thicker.
It actually looks really good when you get it back.
I know this first hand.
I had a brand new vehicle that had all the panels damaged through hail storm.
Rather than have the vehicle insurance written off....
I had the approved garage, replace the panels with new panels and had them resprayed at the approved bodyshop.
Looked a million dollars when finished in pearlescent white
Deeper, glossier than a factory finish......
But...... when you got a stone ship on the bonnet! Boy did it chip!
That’s the difference, the thicker, deeper the paint and clear, the bigger the chip compared to the thin factory finish.
Any professional body resprayed expert will tell you this is normally the case.
So when buying a used vehicle, big chips on the hood are indicative of a respray.
Small chips = factory finish.

#4899 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Not sure I agree with the analiogy. I just used a body shop for a Honda pilot and they have rave reviews around our area. They applied what looked to be a perfect match, same paint and clear as factory. It can be done, I paid a little more than I would have at Joe Shmoe down the road.

Stages, techniques and the application process is completely different no matter where you go outside the factory.
Robots at factory vs Human at body shop.
They don't strip your vehicle back down to bare ass and put it back on the assembly line and apply voltage, it just doesn't happen.
The techniques are very different, as is the outcome.

Edit: I'm extremely happy with the finish of the car re-spray job they did for my wife's car that got hail damage. Very professional It looks mint, but I know the finish at the front will be more susceptible to chipping for sure. They are working within the confines of the technology available outside of the factory.

#4921 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

One of my posts under the rose plastic on the upper left is showing some issues. I have not checked under the washers yet.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is just another blunder...
Did they run out of washers?
Or is this just an oversight, is the standard operational procedure to put washers on the SE slings only? Or the both the LE and SEs all posts? Some posts, no posts? Does it depend what day of the week it is?
Lord all mighty...
Someone please get a grip over there....

#4957 3 years ago

Guys,
Is it a JJP requirement or a distro specific requirement to have paid a 1k non refundable deposit for an LE?

Thanks....

#4961 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Must be distributors because mine only required $200 refundable

This is the thing, I’m hearing mixed feedback in this regard.
Peeps moving deposits to other games, cancelling etc.......

1 week later
#5084 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wouldn't be surprised if the delays and silence is due to JJP trying to resolve playfield issues.

I'd say they are more likely at the 'Sand Pit' stage...... taking turns at burying their heads deep in it!
Hoping when they surface, someone else has acquired them a 'get out of jail free card'.

POTC, Wonka now this, nothing new here.....hate to be the pessimist but I think they're up shit creek with these playfields, its a thorn in their side.

As a company, and given the magnitude for failure.....surely JJP would have done rigorous testing on the GnR playfield prior.
Would you just take Mirco's word as gospel that they are 'good to go' given their past efforts?

UK distro is getting 4 LE's in on the 1st shipment, loads more waiting behind this one....thankfully I'm not earmarked for one of the 1st.
I'll be doing watchful waiting to see how those turn out, small community in UK but word travels fast.

I feel sorry for the teams who put all the hard work in. Shortly after release the focus in the community has been on the damn playfields.
Like any big organisation, there's a responsible in charge of production / decisions, that generally means someone has to go.......

I'm sure we've all seen that film Disclosure? Well......

#5179 3 years ago

What’s a TWIPY award, I’m new to all this...
Is that like winning the egg and spoon race...... or something?

#5180 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I got to play The LE today for over an hour .
I'm not a GNR fan but I don't mind a handful of their songs .
The game is freaking awesome .
Yes the light show is amazing and bright but no it doesn't blind you .
I read someone say it doesn't have one satisfying shot , I can agree with that , for me it had 5 satisfying shots . The ramps the orbits and the inner loop .
Going from the orbit the two ramps , to the inner loop was so good .
I did get a few multi balls but it didn't seem excessive and as I own a hobbit , I am used to it and enjoy them .
The demo I played with around 1000 games , the playfield was in perfect shape with no obvious dimpling , pooing or chipping and the rubbers were in good condition to .
Overall the game was so good and I'm definitely in on one .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, this is what I like to hear

#5184 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/
They have a yearly award ceremony. People vote for the best of various pinball categories.
LTG : )

Cool, thanks.....

2 months later
#5394 3 years ago

Guys, how many LEs do you think JJP have sold now.
I placed my order early thinking they would run out...... think I was a little too cautious.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sako-trg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype?tu=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.