IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #891 Featurette video. Posted by Coz (3 years ago)

Post #897 Full song list Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Post #958 All 3 versions of playfields side by side. Posted by sevenrites (3 years ago)

Post #1172 Keith clarifies Coma rule Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchild.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3157 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Hey all, DeathSaveArcade (DSA) here,
I owned over 60+ titles, every JJP, Every CGC , every modern Stern in the lcd era, Taf, TZ, tron, LOTR, Tna, Rick and morty, every music pin, Alien, lebowski, and the top bally Williams games. I, unlike the others, have also played the game for 8+ hours. I have won monthly pinball tournaments in nearby arcades as I am a better than average pinball player.
In my 6 years in the hobby, with all those games owned. This is the best JJP game by far and provided me a better experience than any other game in pinball I have ever played. Period.
If you think this game doesn’t have flow, or strategy, then you simply aren’t paying attention. On top of that it provides a new, innovative and unique experience that simply put, has never been given in pinball before and far exceeds any toy, any simple magic moment found in any pinball machine before it.
I played this game for 7-8 hours straight. I’ve never had more fun, I’ve never been happier with how a game shoots and frankly, if I only kept 1 machine in my collection it would be this game.
Scores below are from the pinball bash event at cointaker in PA. After 8 hours of playing, with Franchi, Dr. and Mrs. Pin and many others, I ended up with the GC for the event. The score is also after missing a cash out for nearly 9.5 million on my encore song which would have put me over 17 million.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you and very well said.
That's why I went out of my comfort zone and purchased the LE.

#3231 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Wonkavision, wonkavator, gobstopper, extremely clever use of SEVEN magnets, captive ball... - insane Lawlor design with combos out your ass... No need for 700 multiballs.
I don't understand your dedication to fighting any tiny criticism of GnR. It has great assets and immersion and some "neat" things like high hats and drumsticks, but it's unlike all previous JJP releases in that it lacks any substantial ball interaction (mechs/toys whatever you want to call them) aside from a second PF and the headstock lock. To many JJP fans, myself included, this sucks. I'll take the mechs over the lightshow and concert footage any day. I'm not playing pinball to look at the screen, and crazy lightshows blind me when I'm playing in my dark dungeon. My DILE is the max I'd ever want for lightshows.
That said, I'll play this on location for sure, but I'd buy Wonka over GnR any day.

I wouldn't and I own all the JJP but one.

Just waiting for re release of it.
Which is going to happen.

1 week later
#4360 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

See, if I had my GNR CE I could be upstairs playing it instead of arguing about clearcoat names
BTW I'm in the market for an LE placeholder, if anyone has one en route that wants to wait for a "Spectrum" version.

I've been in my arcade playing D.I. and blaring Jukebox for the past 3 hours.

#4441 3 years ago

My Wonka is having issues.
JJP is sending new playfield.
I'll keep it and play it as is then in 10 years do a swap.
Presto new art!

In on GNR LE as well and if same thing happens.
Well??
Same story

#4458 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

How long after purchase did you bring up the issue with them? I'm reading the current warranty and it's only 30 days.

Half a year I believe?

#4480 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Anyone hearing anything recently from distributors about the timing of LE shipments? I've heard crickets so far.

Spoke to mine yesterday said shooting for December end

#4654 3 years ago

Is it true playing GNR pinball can lead to excessive drinking and drug use?

#4693 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

With post like this you should expect less and less new playfields

Na.
JJP is trustworthy.
They always take care of me and have gone way above and beyond my expectations.

I will continue to give them my business.

#4722 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Well thats a stretch, but some games are not for everyone....If you like flow games WW is your game unless u don't like the theme...in my house theme does matter

You do realize you're trying to convince a Stern boy?

#4729 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yes I am a fan of The Hobbit that's why I brought it .
The upper left sling does help to hit the drop Targets and stand-up targets on dwarf , the rollovers you need to lock balls and the pops are needed for modes .
Obviously you can't get your head around , these are things to shoot for .

Give that Thunder from Down Under!

#4736 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I know it's a GNR thread and I don't want to go off topic but when people say The Hobbit has nothing to shoot for , I will say something .
No one ever says Mediaeval Madness , Attack From Mars , Monster Bash have nothing to shoot for , but The Hobbit has nothing to go for ?
If you don't like the theme or the game I totally understand but to say there's nothing to shoot for is just wrong .

Extra Ball always makes me happy.
2 shots and not easy.

#4742 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The Hobbit has 3 subways with diverterters , a kickback , golum save ball , 31 modes , three mini wizard modes , one wizard mode , a talking dragon , and full video assets of all three movies .
I don't know why you would try to compare that to an EM .

My Brother lives on Hobbit when he visits.
Like 5 hours each time.

Now I have had many many pins over the years but this is by far his favorite.
Use to be Indiana pinball Adventure but more over 1990s the JJP company beats them all.

#4849 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

My game chipped last night after only showing the very slightest site of pooling. It was so slight I never posted it but it went from slight to bare wood in one round of games. I’ve contacted my distributor but I’m kinda disgusted. I had pooling on my Pirates and Wonka and sold them because of that and the games didn’t do that much for me, but I’ve been enjoying G n R and the pooling was only just beginning to become apparent. To go straight from fine to a chunk of art popping off really makes me wonder what the game will look like at 500 games or more.
It’s only chipped at the bottom of the left sling but I see at least two other spots that had the same slight pool around them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man that's sad.
Very sorry you have to go through this on a new pin.

GL with a solution.

I'll just assume mine will be the same in time.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4877 3 years ago

My Wonka is chipping so here was my solution.

I just play it!!!

GNR LE on order if this one chips? Well?

I'll just play it!!!

However if another awesome JJP pinball machine comes out?

I'll just buy it!!!

#4880 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Did you notify JJP when your Wonka started chipping?

Yes.

They are sending un populated playfield.

#4881 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

They fucking love you.

Probably not as much as I Love them.

#4890 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

The play field problems started with DI. Woz had an issue in pops first run, but got fixed eventually after LE run was done. My RR woz and hobbit are perfect after many years and plays. Wonder what happened after hobbit.

My DI is perfect but also a later run

#4985 3 years ago

The Lemmings don't like playfield issues.

Just play and be happy dear Lemmings.

#5037 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I like the Lior version.
[quoted image]

Going to have to agree with you.

Both look cool though.

Link on how to buy the one your showing?

#5076 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Million dollar question....apparently JJP doesn't feel like its necessary to communicate to its customers....its actually quite shocking that its been over a month and nobody has any idea when their getting their game...I'm in on a CE and its been crickets...

Someday!

#5108 3 years ago

Can't you all just get along?

Stern makes great games that are very reliable.

JJP makes games that's are expensive and truly amazing. Just need alittle Love here and there from time to time but Deeeeeep.

Both companies are cool.

#5159 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'll give my opinion based on my interest as delivered 10/7. Note, I personally don't care Who the manufacturer is as long as my family enjoys the game. When we first got it I must say with all the RGB lights it was difficult to figure out the rules and direction. Taking some time to study, read others input on strategy, give the game time it suddenly made perfect sense. Had the same issue with POTC until the rules made sense for me. I personally feel this game has Many great shots that are very makable especially the inner loop which (like POTC) I can now repeat 4-6 times in a row with minimal effort. I have confessed already for some Odd reason I have trouble hitting that Big ass left ramp. Even backhanded I still suck. Excellent ball movement, the outer loop is massive and oddly seems to come back twice as fast as it went in! Do also note this game Needs to be properly leveled! Like most modern titles with complex ramps, diverters, skill shots etc, if the game is out of level So will be the design of these features. And I do Not mean the stupid bubble level. They should just loose that as it does nothing more then say your games not laying on its side.
As for game play, overall there are days I LOVE it and others that just frustrate the crap out of me. However, that is due to My game play not the game itself. All should know the Primary code design for this game is Risk-Reward. It's easy to simply start a song, its when you start to play with strategy that this title makes you smile or kick you in the ass. Starting a song without at least 3 balls locked feels like singing in the shower. Its an addiction to get ALL 6 balls locked!! Thats when the scores Skyrocket and those patches you collected along the way pay off. Then, even with those accomplishments you still have the test of Keep playing the song or Risk continuing and Loose it ALL!!! Everything!! lol Let me remind you the outlanes on this game are fricken Vacuums!!! And yes I did close my outlanes to sissy play they Still suck those balls down like... never mind. Minor issues aside, and not even being a mild GnR band fan this game is truly unique and a real blast to play. My one suggestion (which is fun anyway) is to have some friends over or play with family for a bit. Having a spotter guide you with All of the things on the screen and blinking Really helps. I hope Many more are able to play/own this game soon.

Ok.
This or That?

Which do you not the family like better.

D.I. or GNR

Thank you in advance for your insight.

#5173 3 years ago

I enjoyed D.I. more than my Wonka and I'm a huge Gene Wilder fan.

D.I. makes me upset most games and this is why I truly enjoy it.

Fingers crossed on my GNR when it arrives.

#5243 3 years ago

Playing DI alot and not really caring about GNR LE lead times.

Very aware it's Covid now so understanding it's going to take more time than normal.

Relax people you all have other titles to play while you wait.
Dang!

3 weeks later
#5296 3 years ago

Where is mine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,000.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchild.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype?tu=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.