IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #891 Featurette video. Posted by Coz (3 years ago)

Post #897 Full song list Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Post #958 All 3 versions of playfields side by side. Posted by sevenrites (3 years ago)

Post #1172 Keith clarifies Coma rule Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbrave77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Kaneda just posted that he has seen video footage of GNR and it’s gonna blow everyone away. He said it’s better than any music pin to date. And the best light show he’s ever seen. I guess we will find out Monday and decide for ourselves. Fun times in the hobby for sure!!

Kaneda is also a MASSIVE GnR fan. So its possible hes just getting his dream theme and is hyping it up with objectivity blinders on. On his podcasts he talks like everyone loves GnR. I happen to, but theres plenty of people who dont love them. Anyways Im excited to see Eric's second effort. Im not a big fan of PotC, but Ill be in the market for another nib soon and would certainly be open to GnR if it looks good.

#450 3 years ago

when/where will this reveal be happening?

#556 3 years ago

6750 is interesting. Getting close to stern pro territory, though JJP usually charges shipping as well which stern doesnt.

#560 3 years ago

topper should be Slashs hat

#570 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

And special mode has Axl bitching like a goat every time you hit a switch.

heh. Im interested to see if Mr Brownstone makes it into the game. I want some kind of multiball dedicated to drug use!(i kid)

#618 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I bought a Wonka SE and I love it; the game is full featured for sure, and feels very premium as a product offering...Def not the low end feeling you get when you buy some Stern Pro's.
In the 6's is the sweet spot I think...I just have a hard time justifying 10k for a pin, I can afford it, but the value of the SE is hard to pass up.

I just got Wonka SE and think its wonderful. Im typically a Premium/LE buyer but the wonkivator ball lock doesnt feel like 2k to me. A whole upper playfield might, but i typically dont enjoy secondary playfield. Looking forward to seeing how they did this one. Im guessing a stage or the top of a piano with slash playing guitar on top.

#1918 3 years ago

GnR forums seem funny to us pinheads, but I can say I was rather shocked to find out how much NIB pinball machines cost 2 years ago when I got into this hobby.....I mean Ive bought 4 of them NIB since then though......

#2155 3 years ago

not a fan of that short plunge....light show is incredible. Havent seen the upper playfield used much so far.

#2161 3 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Watching the stream....I see the game in Multi-Ball mode more than a single ball. Where's the reward for accomplishing Multi-ball?

song multiball seems to be risk reward which triggers at 3 min. Keep your current jackport or risk it to go further into song with a multiplyer. That seems to be how it works.

#2164 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

So I've watched a bit. Is there anyone else that dislikes the center scoop? I wish it was a bash toy. It's tough to miss a center scoop.
Also from what I can tell, mulitball is awarded on the plunge.

seems like you will be hitting the scoop a lot intentionally and not intentionally. Happens in deadpool a lot too but probably more here. As long as it doesnt hold the ball too long its fine.

#2171 3 years ago

I wonder if each time you play a song(say November rain) its the same exact footage you see each time? Or do they have 3-4 different november rain concerts they show or animation they show.

#2172 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

For me I think the Wonka theme sux but the gameplay and flow blows G&R away

just got a wonka and Fing love it! I dont think its as hard as many say. Next to my TMNT its super forgiving!

#2180 3 years ago

guitar ball lock is one of the coolest ways to lock balls ive ever seen

#2183 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I agree. It's diluted a bit b/c of all the damn Multiballs though.

i think you can decide wether to release them all or not. I think i heard that from eric on a podcast. Or maybe that will be added. But it looks damn cool having multiple balls locked there.

#2518 3 years ago

My wife hates my pinball buying habit. She just sat and watched an hour of GnR streaming from buffalo pinball while we drank. Mostly she just liked the music(she loves GnR), but she even asked questions about how to play songs. Cant believe I may have a pin thatll get her into the basement to play....

#2850 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yeah that video was a droolfest. I get it, they are excited but not sure how much value that added. The basically repeated the content in the SDTM launch video.

Zach and Greg have had similar reactions to previous JJP launches when they were invited to JJP for an early look. It probably seems more special because the only launch games every few years vs Stern with 4 a year. Then again I believe they seem to really like most of the JJP games. They drooled over Dialed in as well, probably not to this extent. I think Zack and Greg had reactions like a lot of us had when seeing the amazing lighting/theme integration/hand drawn art. The one thing I will wait and see if it plays out is Zack saying how great the game shoots. The streams Ive watched dont really make it seem like a great shooting game when compared to some other recent ones but time will tell. I doubt itll shoot as well as say Dialed In. I have one on order(LE) and even if it doesnt end up being the best shooter the experience will overcome it imho.

#2859 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This is my problem watching a lot of the streams when you have 4-6 balls and you are shooting on the fly and you can lose the ball because it's lots of ball save timer and lots of add a ball. That I can't see how well it shoots because people are just hitting the balls and they go 'somewhere' doesn't seem to matter because if you miss one ball there are 10 other chances.
I think a lot of people will like the constant multiball aspect (I know it's not 100% of the time but more often than not). I think it's just a different brand of pinball. Like when pinball went from short flippers to long flippers, maybe that was a change of the fundamental way of playing and maybe this is something that will be fun with GnR.
I like the idea someone posted if you lose a ball maybe that counts against your excitement meter or the more flips you make the quicker you drain the meter (maybe it does that anyway and I just don't realize it).

Thats actually a good idea. I also think in song multiball there should be no ball save timer. Or make it like 10 seconds. Kind of like Wonkas short Multi balls.

#2899 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Glad Kaneda got to check out the game. Definitely seems to have lived up to his expectations!

Dont think he would admit it on this one if it didnt! Its his grail theme and they did a great job so Im glad hes loving it. I do think he will have blinders on with this one and not hear any criticism, I messaged him about it. Many of us are like that with our Grail themes(I LOVE stern star wars). That being said I have a GnR LE on order and cant wait to play. I cant get the music out of my head because Ive watched too many streams....

#3030 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Really looking forward to this game, but 1 question...
Why can't JJP figure out flippers? Seems almost everybody have a comment that they are not as good as Stern's
Is it just a matter of changing factory default settings?

Dunno why but all JJP games flippers feel super weak compared to stern. Thats one main reason I tend to prefer flipping Sterns. I own a Wonka and have GnR on order. JJP does have flipper strength in the settings. I upped the power to make them feel more stern-ish on my wonka, but theres certainly the possibility that it drastically changes the shot angles to what the designer intended. So I guess play around with it and find what you like.

#3102 3 years ago

im not typically a fan of upper playfields but the guitar ball lock looks so damn cool. I think the SE will shoot better and have more flow, but I just couldnt do without the look of the LE.

#3633 3 years ago

yea there is no way they are building 250 games per week right now. I heard more like 60/week as well. Maybe its even a 100, but it aint 250!

#4138 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Soooooooo......distributor updates on timing?

mine said they are waiting on info from JJP to give me real timeframe but they are confident its "this year" on my LE. Im fine with that as I need to move a game to make space anyways

#4160 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

My concern would be if you have to remove a post , will be stuck to play field and lift up the clear coat and art work .

i always worry about this when moving the outlane posts to make a game easier/harder. luckily have never been an issue yet, but its always in the back of my mind.

#4191 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Couldn’t find the stream until now. Anxious to see the SE being shot. SE is the more loaded than a Stern premium.

The cost is the same SE to premium. And stern offers free shipping. Just saying(I have LE on order but watching stream now)

#4194 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

correct hahaha the west-coasters hurt my pocket book haha but love shipping the WestCoast some Flip N Out pins

ive never paid shipping for a stern, but it seems standard from many(and maybe Meny)

#4231 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Stern premium is a bit more.
estimated delivered
GnR SE $7050
Stern premium $7200

your right with this release. in past SE was 7500. My point is dont compare SE to stern PRO. pricewise the SE should be compared to Premium. I have a GnR LE on order(no clue when its coming). But I just got Avengers Premium yesterday as well. I dont look at Avengers premium playfield and GnR SE and think GnR has more. Has more lights for sure and theme integration if thats the thinking.

#4262 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But seriously. It’s much more important to get with a distro you can trust then trying to find the cheapest price.

Agree. Saving 100-200 bucks on a 7-10k purchase isnt a big deal.

1 week later
#4933 3 years ago

I oredered from my distributer pretty much right away and they dont have a timetable. and JJP seems to be very quiet. Zmeny mentioned on podcast today that a small run of LEs may go this month, but if theres 2k orders for those LEs it may be some time. I may just move my deposit over to buy a JP2 or something and then get GnR next year.

#4939 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

You’re correct that it can easily be manipulated by stern army, however we also shouldn’t just assume that it is. There is an obvious problem that caused jjp to start putting washers on recent builds. Yes, the poll isn’t 100%, but let’s not be naive and think there isn’t a real problem.

I dunno why everyone makes this into a Stern vs JJP thing... Both companies have their issues. Its not always fanboys of the other companies that say they see issues. Sometimes a fan of JJP can admit they have had issues with a JJP game..... it happens.

#4949 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Request: do you think we can leave the playfield talk in one of the half dozen threads dealing with playfield issues? I'm getting burned out reading about these issues and want to hear some GNR pinball talk! How about some more game reviews?

owners thread probably better for that kind of talk.

1 week later
#5110 3 years ago

I finally got to play the game today(LE) at silverball museum in NJ. got about an hour on the game. Im going to give my thoughts and also post some pics of the playfield which was in really rough shape. Game was setup on family mode so 5 missing songs.

Pros:
-light show of course. though it was a bit distracting for me at times, still beautiful
-cabinet is very pretty. love the album artwork
-animations are awesome!
-Sound is awesome even without soundbar topper.

Meh:
-Shots- I didnt think the shots are particularly fun. they are fine, but theres not a memorable shot I liked to hit over and over.
- multiball is quite heavy, wont say its a con but its a bit much

Cons:
-Playfield was in terrible shape. Pics attached. Every post had pooling, scoop was in terrible shape and another sling post had the artwork peeled off revealing wood
-Plunge - like many others have said its terrible. theres zero resistance on it. Its just not a fun way to start
-flippers- they are super weak, moreso than other JJP games it seemed. I have a wonka and dialed them up and it really improved my experience. I dont know if dialing them up here would make the shots harder to hit, but they just seem weak.

Overall- The package to me is greater than the sum of its parts. I had an LE on order but wasnt going to get it until feb/march so I am buying another game for now. Maybe the next set of playfields will have some improvements which would make me feel better. I did have fun playing the game. I was moving my body with the music(i really enjoy GnR music) which is new to me in a pinball game. But I need more time on it to see if its a game Ill own.

20201111_184445545_iOS (resized).jpg20201111_184445545_iOS (resized).jpg20201111_184451732_iOS (resized).jpg20201111_184451732_iOS (resized).jpg20201111_184500552_iOS (resized).jpg20201111_184500552_iOS (resized).jpg20201111_184517718_iOS (resized).jpg20201111_184517718_iOS (resized).jpg20201111_190142537_iOS (resized).jpg20201111_190142537_iOS (resized).jpg20201111_191101660_iOS (resized).jpg20201111_191101660_iOS (resized).jpg20201111_191102590_iOS (resized).jpg20201111_191102590_iOS (resized).jpg
#5112 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Thanks for sharing. I honestly don't see any pooling in those photos, maybe it's my monitor. However, that scoop is messed up. Surprised it looks like that with mylar.

Yea the pics didnt come out great with glass on. But its there big time if u zoom in. One post not only pools but the artwork is ripped off

#5125 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Wow.. just wow.. I'm in on CE.. won't cancel yet.. but hopefully with the apparent delay that is taking place.. playfield will be redone.. my suspicion is that only a silk screen pf will work.. so they're not gonna do that.. fortunately I haven't gotten involved with a POTC/WONKA game..

ive only had my wonka 2 months but it looks way better than the GnR I played yesterday. Mine has minor pooling around sling posts, but not artwork ripping off on multiple posts/scoops. Heres hoping they sort it all out. Worst feeling is spending all that money and getting a defective product. Im ok with minor pooling, but more than that is tough....

3 months later
#5494 3 years ago

Are CEs still on the line? Was told march/april for my LE but havent heard if they are back on the line yet

#5503 3 years ago

im not his friend but I want to know too. For another friend.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbrave77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype?tu=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.