IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #891 Featurette video. Posted by Coz (3 years ago)

Post #897 Full song list Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Post #958 All 3 versions of playfields side by side. Posted by sevenrites (3 years ago)

Post #1172 Keith clarifies Coma rule Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1134 3 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

600 RGB on collector versus 350 on LE interesting

That plus, the radcals, speaker and topper upgrade made it hard not to get the CE

#1152 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Right or wrong there are ONLY 50 of those Elvira SE's. See how much they go for in 2ndary market IF you can ever find one.
While YOU might not care, there are some "collectors" that place additional value on ONLY 50 versus 500 of something. That's true with just about ANY collectible.
And Elvira is a GREAT game.
Now, GNR looks freaking fantastic!!!

The lightshow is unreal!

#1162 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyScoots:

Kaneda posted this pic and said the say thing, I am also betting that makes the difference
[quoted image]

Hmmm, the flyer says 600+ Individually Controlled RGB LEDs.....I don't think the under cab lights are individually controlled.

#1200 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They're probably serial RGB strips. Simple off the shelf part

Gotcha! I bet there's also a whole bunch of LEDs in the "Hotrails" lighting

#1242 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have no idea the quality of the sound bar...All I know is sound bar costs are all over the map. I just think its clever that they integrated one into the topper. I have owned all 5 JJP LE's so I've never made the leap to a CE model, and I know all to well how most JJP toppers are crap (POTC topper was cool). Justifying an additional $3K for the CE is a stretch, but I do love how they finished it off (art, rad cals, game blades, topper, shooter, powder coating, lockdown bar, lighting, etc...)....hmmmm

The cosmetics differences I can live with, I can get the LE powder coated Purple, buy a lockdown bar Rosette etc..but the Radcals, backglass, extra lighting, topper and signatures can't really be had easily or cheaply. Not to mention the physical ball lock in the apron. Yeah 3k is a lot, but if it's half as good as they're advertising, then you may want to go CE. The CE usually hold their value if the game is a hit.

#1383 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Not trying to bash, just observations.
GNR approached JJP about making the machine, and I would assume this would mean the license would be cheaper since JJP was, in a sense, commissioned to make the pin. I don't see any of these savings passed on, or at least it does not appear they have.
Also, I remember when JJP wanted to start making pinball machines- for the good of the hobby! To make the best, fully optioned games with lots of toys and creativity/innovation! All at a reasonable price to the end consumer!
What we are getting now? Wonka and now GNR have zero "innovation" (unique mechanical toys or something new/advanced to the hobby) all while pricing themselves like they do if the machines had what JJP initially promised. If this title was loaded out with cool toys that blew our mind, I would say many more of us would be willing to shell out the $9500. I don't consider cool art and theme integration as anything more than what SHOULD be normal in our hobby right now. I won't get into code, that's a whole different thing for a different topic.
Now do I want a GNR LE? Hell yeah. But man that $9500 plus shipping (and possibly tax) is a huge kick in the gut. While I've bought many pinballs over the years, I am not an LE or exotic pinball guy because I have a tight budget (but lucky enough to be able to buy Pro and sometimes Premium Sterns ($7300-ish), for example.
So like many, I'm waiting this one out.
And I'm not being sarcastic when I say "good job JJP" on this pin! I just think the pricing could have been better.

I agree with you, prices are too damn high, but JJP is not the only manufacturer to charge this kind of money. Stern LE's are 9K or so....RM Bloodsucker edition was around 12k. they're pretty bare compared to this game. Innovation doesn't have to be reinventing pinball, there are some cool things in the game, the concert lights, the full RGB lighting, the armor, the soundbar, upper pf, guitar neck ball lock, loads of songs and other assets. It's not cheap but it's not stripped down either. Let's just hope it's shoots like it looks.

#1579 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Hmmmm.
Lets see. Build quality to start.
200 RGB lights How many do most stern pros have? Hell How many do Stern LE's have? I know JP LE cant have too many.
27" LCD display
Jumbotron LCD Screen Stage with Stage Lighting effects
Axel sculpt is still there and is actually bigger then the ones on the LE/CE
HOT Rail lights are there. just not RGB. Stern LEs dont even have that.
Spinning disc
Slash hat Sculpt
2 Spinners
3 Flippers
If we were talking about stern that would be a loaded LE Stern. The SE Literally has more then my Avengers LE has in it.

For what it's worth....real authenticated autogrpahs of Axel and Slash are worth a few hundred bucks each.

PS: don't use ebay for comparison because most of the autographs on ebay are fakes.

#1675 3 years ago

I got a CE but now I kinda wish I bought the LE instead. I know the CE has some nice touches for sure but the biggest factor for me was the extra lights and the mechanical game differences, which now we found out is not a whole lot different. The extra lights are under cab lights (What the hell Eric?) and the apron lock. So yeah, I'm kinda sour on the way the characterized the different models

#1684 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

It seemed pretty clear as to what the differences were haha. That said, you clearly wont have an issue selling this off if you chose to do so in favor of an LE.
This game doesnt seem like its going to suffer in the sales department.

Not exactly correct, we weren't sure about the COMA feature and apron lock till Keith chimed in. Also the SE brochure had a guitar lock listed on it. But if you figured it out early on..good on you

#1772 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Shit. I really wish I didn’t agree with you

Ditto....

#1943 3 years ago

Wtf was happening in that game, i have no idea what you're supposed to do....just flip mofo!!! Arrgh!, Earth calling Lyman..come in please...

#2037 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

It looks like the main difference between SE and LE game play is that the left ramp replaces the upper playfield ball lock & scoop. To me, that sounds like a faster, smoother playing game.

I guess....Lol, only game I know that's improved by removing a feature. joking aside without a game play on the different models it hard to know what we got here.

#2231 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

The center scoop bothers me more than the Multiballs.

Agreed....for the most part the path up the middle should never have a scoop or bank of targets that break up the flow. I realized all my favorite games have the toys, targets, ramps etc...up near the back of the pf or to the side. The game flows better that way.

#2243 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

With all the multiballs bashing into each other, I'm surprised there isn't a mode calls multiball mosh pit.
Light show, top notch, no other Pinball machine on the planet right now that can compete with that light show.
As a GnR fan, the graphics, interface, concert footage is amazing.
Playfield, awesome, needs one toy still.
Spinning disc grew on me because the playfield reacts to it. The lights spin as the disc spins.
Like everyone else has mentioned, too many multiballs. That can be fixed with code, we shall see.

Yeah, while we critique the game play, we have to give them credit for beautiful art, integration, sound and of course the lightshow...wow! I would even add the graphics are beautiful and fitting for a R&R pin. The layout is a B though, mostly because of the scoop. I would have been fun to have a video mode where you play duel Slash with the flipper buttons playing a guitar solo....

#2459 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I'm the same way. I'm more interested in advancing the game towards some goal and/or making cool things happen than I am increasing the score. I also like the basic rules to be easy to grasp. I definitely see this in GNR.
1) play Songs to get to Album modes.
2) tour the country to get to Tour multiball.
3) hit the spinners and disk to get Slash multiball.
4) do all of the above to get to the wizard mode.
There are two ball booster multiballs that can help you when you're in a song mode (slow the rate of the boo meter, increase score, etc).
There are rewards for completing songs, like getting an Encore and immediately starting the next song.
There are patches and posters to collect that give different awards.
I won't know until I play it but I see the potential for lots of non score-based enjoyment.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think the issue that most are having is that there needs to be some basic gameplay before rewards. What is the most loved and played multiball in the history of pinball? I would say Addam's. Why? Well, you have to earn it. There is a long process to get there, and you may not even get multiball every game. When you do, it presents probably the best stop and go moment in all of pinball.
"Now you've done it." Brrrrrrrrrr bbzzz bzzz bzzzz (rumble, rumble) SHOW TIME!
I've played the game, as many of you have, a zillion times, and this never gets old. It's exciting over an over again. Just like nailing jackpots in TZ. The boom and crazy overload of sound and giant JACKPOT on the screen. It's just so fucking satisfying.
GnR has left little room for this. The lightshow is crazy throughout and mulitballs seem to come out of nowhere. It's an overload in contrast.
I've had DILE since it came out (early adopter), and this is one of my big criticisms of that game. The multiballs are full of jackpots without a unified goal. I think Keith (and the coders that work with him) do a better job of balancing unified goals with the new tech. Eg. IMDN super jackpot during trooper gives you an Eddie card.

You both nailed it.....need a goal oriented objective, and they need to be varied. Playing the songs on an album is not enough. There should have been more than concerts and solos.

#2844 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Exactly. Eric is the best pinball designer right now and has thought of everything in this game along with Slash. Make it easy or hard. Your choice.

What? Elwin can run circles around him.
JP2 is a masterpiece.....and Lyman wasn't even on the code. The game has everything you need even with the missing IP assets.

#2856 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

both of you sound like "my dad can beat up your dad" . They are both amazing designers and I for one am happy the older are getting replaced with the awesomness of these two! There is no "better", they both are good and we now have tough decisions on what amazing games to buy and from what company! that my friend is good for this hobby!

Thanks ambassador...

#2865 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think most people with half a brain already understood this, but it's nice to hear it from the coder.
People who work on the games would probably post more if people on Pinside weren't always giant cocks about making everything personal. There was a post listing Borg's games, several of them all time classics that Pinside has championed hardcore for years, and then called him overrated. Get over yourself, it's childish and pathetic. There would be no JJP if Borg hadn't been there to help keep the lights on at Stern during some dark years for pinball.
Everyone should just let the multiball thing go already unless you have some new insight to add that hasn't been said 20 times. The game was designed to let you hear the songs even if you're a less than great player. It's a rock game with rock music that it wants you to rock out to. That's the game. It's not a mistake, it's a style.
There are lots of games that will happily drain your ball and then kick you in the balls if that's more your style. If you like more single ball play with combo shots and progression of a story I hear this Keith Elwin guy is worth looking at.
Except for the ridiculous prices pinball is just overflowing with great options. Try and appreciate it more instead of non-stop complaining.

Pot meet Kettle

4911751 (resized).jpg4911751 (resized).jpg
#2895 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It's a public forum about pinball. Everyone gets trashed on. It's da way things woyks.
I was defending Lawler last week and stating my displeasure about GnR this week. Next week I'll defend dialed in again.
This should be a designer's paradise. They get a free litmus test from the pinball public. Who cares if there are morons who trash games and designers for no good reason?
As for the multiball forever in GnR, how can we shut up about it? The game is brand new, crazy expensive, and will mostly go to homes. I think wondering and pondering about playing Wack-a-wacka-ball instead of what we're used to is a valid concern that I continually want to hear about. If it hurts the designers' feelings, maybe a public forum isn't the best place for them to hang out.

I've always said the same thing, it's a pinball forum...if we can't discuss things here then where can we? I draw the line in owner's thread...because I figure they already own the game and don't need to hear opinions from the non-owners or non-fans. But in this instance, it's a general topic, praise and criticism should go hand in hand. Some of these criticisms have actually helped improve games and materials. So it's not all for naught.

#2900 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Dont think he would admit it on this one if it didnt! Its his grail theme and they did a great job so Im glad hes loving it. I do think he will have blinders on with this one and not hear any criticism, I messaged him about it. Many of us are like that with our Grail themes(I LOVE stern star wars). That being said I have a GnR LE on order and cant wait to play. I cant get the music out of my head because Ive watched too many streams....

Besides the guy doesn't know pinball enough to know what's good or what's great. Fan layout!

#2942 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Did you play the SE?
I have no problem with getting pro games have met and TWD pro. But seems like GnR may be one model better than the other.

After seeing the SE playfied, I think it's a bit bare, it's priced right but I think you need to splurge and get the LE. In any case no need to hurry, both will be available for a long time, wait till you get in front of one and try it out...It's a lot of money to spend not knowing if you'll like the game.

#3552 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Jp2, with someone's modified code that injects the movie assets (wink) is not only Stern's best game but one of the best ever. Could be argued as GOAT considering layout, sick toy, theme and rules.

Second that... I was a detractor when I first saw it, (to be fair it was the Pro version) and didn't think it was unique in any way, till I played the Premium at a friend's house, it was hooked up to an amp and I was blown away when the T-rex modes came on...it was a freaking experience. Also the graphics were light years ahead of Deadpool (which ripped off the virtual pinball version of Deadpool) and Munsters, Batman etc. I immediately started looking to buy one. The last time I had that sense of urgency was with MET and before that Tron and we know how those games turned out.

#3553 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And another GREAT pin and worthy of it's ranking. Possibly the most FUN GOAT.
Of course i'm assuming GNR will get the GOAT title soon enough but I'm purty happy with JP, EHOH, AIQ and GNR.
Great Pin times!

Yeah, that one is sleeper hit, it has a lot of cool elements in that game. However, it's just a bit on the easy side to be a GOAT contender.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype?tu=kvan99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.