IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #891 Featurette video. Posted by Coz (3 years ago)

Post #897 Full song list Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Post #958 All 3 versions of playfields side by side. Posted by sevenrites (3 years ago)

Post #1172 Keith clarifies Coma rule Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1081 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:No he doesn’t. He’s another clueless noob, like you.
When the goal of your pinball company is to “own stern,” you get deep root.
When the goal of your company is to turn a profit, you get something like GNR.
If pinside ran a pinball company, it would definitely be deep root! Every “business decision” would be based on petty Grudges and white hot emotion!

I fall well within the clueless noob category, I admit that. I do appreciate perspective on stuff like this from folks like you.

Having said that my wife txted me that "The new GNR looks pretty neat", and shes never had an opinion on any game other than Elvira, so bonus points to JJP for that.

Cant wait to see game play.

#1528 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

So we put "guitar hero" into pinball and charged 12.5k for it....what the heck is going on here JJP? Too much open playfield in the middle, did not need a map of the world on the playfield. Slash's hat could have been a much cooler toy/mod other than a stupid spinner. I am hoping gameplay reviews change my mind because the art is so badass on this game and mod developers can have so much fun with this game.

Too much no to compute.

#1652 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Also for network need to have e-net and let people set fixed IP's (don't force DHCP)

What would be the reasoning for this? Why would a pinball machine need a static IP for any reason ?

#1667 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Stream that puppy!

I believe they streamed stranger things the day they got it, so fingers crossed.

#1672 3 years ago

when? nothing is showing

#1678 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I got a CE but now I kinda wish I bought the LE instead. I know the CE has some nice touches for sure but the biggest factor for me was the extra lights and the mechanical game differences, which now we found out is not a whole lot different. The extra lights are under cab lights (What the hell Eric?) and the apron lock. So yeah, I'm kinda sour on the way the characterized the different models

It seemed pretty clear as to what the differences were haha. That said, you clearly wont have an issue selling this off if you chose to do so in favor of an LE.

This game doesnt seem like its going to suffer in the sales department.

#1771 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My thoughts exactly.
“Oooooooh pretty!”
Doesn’t look like a terrific shooter so far

Ive made much worse decisions based on "ooooooh pretty!".

#1794 3 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Live gameplay uploaded to YouTube.

I thumbs up'd this, so dont take this as hateful. 240p my dude? cmon!

edit - just read chuckwurt comment. I most certainly do NOT understand YT processing and feel like a silly goose.

#1997 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Game doesn't seem to have good flow. Flame me if you want. I hope I'm wrong. Because I want one of these sooooo bad.

Not sure how you can judge this based on video currently available. You may be right, but I dont think that is a fair assessment based on currently circulated videos.

Cant wait to see the Buffalo stream, so happy they were chosen to do it rather than someone else.

#2004 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

True but it looks like the center shot is a scoop and the left ramp locks 6 balls...

Yeah like I mentioned, you guys may very well be correct. Mechs aside, I dont think it can be denied the theme integration seems amazing. I cant wait to see the light show in person, im a dweeb for that stuff.

Surely there will be a mod, but I would be VERY tempted in the standard if the standard had the mechanical stage lights, those are absolutely amazing. I realize it sounds silly, but the light show on this game is my personal favorite feature.

#2129 3 years ago

I have a dark basement, people are going to think im welding.

#2213 3 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I'm almost more excited by what we saw from Deeproot than GnR. Sorry but someone else has to be thinking the same thing I am watching that stream!

lol...

#2227 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Agreed. Why does this happen so much with JJP initial release videos?
How difficult is it to crank up the back legs and increase the flipper power in the settings? Also, this is a music pin, play a few games with the volume up!
Combine the floaty pitch with someone who has a slow and methodical playing style (but hasn't mastered the shot geometries) and it was a little difficult to watch. Still, I appreciate Kevin for streaming the game and it was nice hearing the commentary from the team.
I think the "What the Flip" stream is a better representation of the energy the game can create.
First impressions are important!

The What the Flip stream was great. They were singing, having a blast, and just enjoying the game. Really captured the fun atmosphere of the game. Buffalo stream I learned a lot more about the game.

I certainly see your point, but its kind of apples and oranges.

#2609 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Theyve deifinitly struggled with the artowrk on these entry price games - especially compared to Stern.

I certainly agree that the LE is a piece of artwork compared to the SE. Personally I can deal with it because in my game room you can barely see the side of the cabinet anyways. Also while I love all the extra stuff on the LE I still see the SE as a full enough experience, especially when I could justify buying an SE without feeling like I need to sell another game.

Im unsure about your comment that they struggle with artwork on entry games compared to Stern. I own Jurassic Park Pro that GNR will be sitting next to. Both entry level ugly cabinets, but I certainly find GnR SE the lesser of 2 evils in that department. JP Pro is hideous!

I will still love my entry level ugly children all the same

#2614 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

I won't, but JJP if you are listening, I'd bet there would be a lot of SE owners who'd be happy to pay a few hundred more for an upgrade kit to make those SE light bars colour.

Lets not get crazy. JJP, 79.95 for an RGB strip, thats my fair offer Also, 149.95 for the mechanical stage lights, haha.

#2683 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Anyone can explain to me why you enjoy Axl Rose? I never understood this.
A feminin looking and singing dude with rude attitude and the UGLIEST DANCE MOVES a man can do (side body wave!!!111).
Maybe its just me, but thats not what i want to see or hear when i listen to rock stuff.

Maybe Bieber is more your cup of tea.

#2699 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

CGC games feel different than Williams games as well. No one has been able to re-create the greatness of WPC flippers.

I read every single one of your posts in birdman voice.

#2705 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This pin has ruined Kaneda’s podcast.
BEST GAME EVER! PINSIDE DOESNT GET IT! LIGHTS! FLOW AND BALL INTERACTION WITH PLAYFIELD ELEMENTS MEAN NOTHING WHEN A FLASHLIGHT IS BEING WAVED IN YOUR FACE DURING GAMEPLAY! CONCERT EXPERIENCE! THIS IS GUNS AND ROSES PEOPLE!

Haven’t been this bored listening to a pinball podcast since I last tried listening to the pinball show podcast.

I know something else that ruined his podcast. Rhymes with Pamela

#2725 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

That song was written by Paul McCartney when he was with Wings. Has nothing to do with the Beatles.

Sorry my man. Had to

30BA4CDB-F729-4E19-88C4-D8171DB9E1F0 (resized).jpeg30BA4CDB-F729-4E19-88C4-D8171DB9E1F0 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2855 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Whether this ends up being the greatest game ever or a multiball marathon .

#2934 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m about to order one.
I love the artwork on the LE just can’t decide if the upper PF is fun or would the SE be better faster playing etc.

Your internal conflict seems stronger than mine, and that’s saying something !!

#2940 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Did you order one?
I’m settled on the cost of the LE just unsure about the upper PF. Doesn’t look that compelling but maybe I’m not seeing something.
I do worry If the SE will feel too stripped.

I wasn’t trolling , I understand and always overthink things. I did decide on SE and have ordered one. All the important things that I care about exist in the SE. My only hope is someone makes aftermarket stage lighting , but I doubt it would be interactive, in which case I wouldn’t spend money on it.

#2976 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I honestly can imagine why you would buy a SE? If you were a massive GNR fan and really couldn’t afford the extra $3k then that makes sense.

I can afford it, and I’m not a huge GnR fan and I’m getting SE . All in what you find important I guess.

#2983 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I have played two different POTC's. one with a DVI monitor, and one with a HDMI monitor. and the one with the HDMI monitor looked washed out to me. and the one with the DVI hooked up looked much better.
I was just curious how the GNRLE monitor was hooked up. and how it looked in person?

Willing to bet this was a coincidence, and possible the monitor was set slightly different. HDMI and DVI can carry the same signal pretty much.

#3017 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

So you basicly said that you judge games after one or two balls.

You dont believe in love at first site?

#3124 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Seriously, he does all the hard thinking for me us. Easier to read than think.lol

When rai walks into a car dealer the car salesmen scatter, haha. All in fun rai.

#3129 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If there was a twipy for most boring person in pinball Dennis Kriesel would win every year.
Have anybody ever heard that guy beeing enthusiastic about anything?

AIQ isnt a fan layout.

#3310 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Thanks. I never tied the fog machine into the game. The fog just made the lights look cooler.
Pinball browser for Shoot to Thrill.
I also added backbox, under cabinet, over cabinet, and behind backbox flashers.

Damn, cant wait to see what crazy shit you will do to GnR. Badass acdc!

#3336 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Don’t think we’re going to need more lighting on GnR?

Bite your tongue. My goal is to get a tan while playing.

#3439 3 years ago

You know your game is off to a great start when people bitch about other games in said thread , lol

#3484 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Distributors should be receiving updated delivery information tomorrow from JJP. At least, that is what I was told by my distributor. YMMV

same news for me. hopefully, its good news

#3489 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Jack Black is a pinball fan too. Maybe he can pull a slash and co-design with Eric. Would be epic!

Could be interesting. If there is one thing ive learned about pinball is theme just isnt that important to me. Dont get me wrong, the right theme gets me pumped, but ive played so many pinball games that ive actually gotten into the IP AFTER playing the pin.

#3561 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

how that boring and outdated elvira is even in the top 10 is beyond me.

WTF?

#3565 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m almost about to order SE but wanted to see it in action. I’m sorry JJP didn’t release any game footage, I’m sure it’s way better for them to sell the LEs.

Arent they doing some virtual event today or something? Maybe we will actually see some today.

#3576 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Pinball 101. You need long breaks in gameplay to enjoy your adult beverage. Just make sure you can cancel out with both flippers.

Needs to be adjustable in code.

"PISS & BEER TIMER"

1 week later
#4246 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

which didn’t someone say are clearcoated before they go for art? That just sounds like a recipe for disaster right there.

Think about this logically for one moment.

#4286 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Would love JJP to release a Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix or Pink Floyd pin in the future. If they act fast, Ozzy will still be alive. Ask Slash to help get Ozzy onboard the project. That would be my dream music pin.

Seeing the light show on GnR, I want to see them do something insane, like Rammstein. They need to incorporate fire somehow though.

#4341 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

I prefer SPECTRUM tbh

Like the new playfield? That spectrum?

1 week later
#4914 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Looks like the post with the washer thing behind steel post has something going on too.

Good catch, I believe its the washer for the bottom part of the left orbit. Mine has pooling creeping out as well.

1 week later
#5097 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Stern is garage.

28 pins in your collection and the one Stern is Dale Jr ? I think you may have an unfair view of Stern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jandrea95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype?tu=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.