IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #891 Featurette video. Posted by Coz (3 years ago)

Post #897 Full song list Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Post #958 All 3 versions of playfields side by side. Posted by sevenrites (3 years ago)

Post #1172 Keith clarifies Coma rule Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshPA:

I heard that you have a white label of every seminal Detroit techno hit - 1985, '86, '87.
I hear you're buying a synthesizer and an arpeggiator and are throwing your computer out the window because you want to make something real. You want to make a Yaz record.

Weird coincidence....literally sitting here listening to The Long Goodbye and read your post.

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

U caught me in mid typing saying the same thing. Its kinda nice isn't it? So far in this thread me and Romulous have agreed and now u.
Very excited to see this new JJP game. Might be my first one.

Ohhhhhh, sweet. Love is in the air.

All it took was GNR to finally bring Pinside together.

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

Whats the blackout square?

Innovation.....

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its just a matter of time before its all out war.

Just wait for gameplay reveal...

Have to say I don’t mind the idea of a GNR game in the collection. Rock just works for pinball. Personally I prefer it to Superheroes but that might be a generation thing.

I’m not a huge GNR fan, but who doesn’t like GNR? I’ve had Aerosmith here and loved it, and would buy it back, despite having zero interest in the band. Same with IMDN. GNR the band probably sit just bellow Metallica and ACDC for me.

I could easily have an all band collection and I’d be happy.....IMDN, ACDC, METLE, Aerosmith....maybe GNR......awesome mix of games with good variety.

#482 3 years ago

This is the longest October 5th I can remember.

#491 3 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

01:12 pm in belgium... View from my window at work... no customers... everyone at home anxious waiting for this reveal...
[quoted image]

Prime time viewing

#1261 3 years ago

Omg, Stern trying to crash JJP’s GNR reveal party with.......Heavy Metal?!?!? You’ve got to be joking.

8609F861-C029-47CC-BA35-A43D55B09583 (resized).png8609F861-C029-47CC-BA35-A43D55B09583 (resized).png
#1346 3 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

On the superawesomepinballpodcast, did I hear Eric correctly that the songs were not studio versions, but new re-recorded versions? I can't quite make sense of that, so hopefully I misheard. I searched through the thread but didn't see this mentioned.

I think he meant that the original recordings are in there in full, but they also got Slash to record specific pinball sounds/music for particular pinball events, like draining/switch hits/wizard modes etc. Best of both worlds. The music integration in this game sounds inclredible - it'll be the benchmark for sure.

#1446 3 years ago

I thought the ce had exclusive city lights under the pf, or is that for all models?

#1454 3 years ago

See what happens when JJP finally announce a title aimed at grown men.

#1462 3 years ago
Quoted from Slash:

My guess is Coma is the locked song.
Edit just saw it’s already there

let me guess Slash you’re in for a CE?

#1463 3 years ago

In case you haven’t watched this.....

The more i see of this game the more I like.

This is the benchmark Rock pin. Regardless of whether you’re a huge GNR fan or not, this is how you make a Rock and Roll pin. If you don’t like this game, you don’t like Rock music or you don’t like pinball.

Honestly, every music themed game from now on is going to be a letdown. This is the full stop in music pins.

#1610 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I cant think of a Stern where game play changed between a Premium, LE or SLE. Which Stern’s vary between those models?

Tron. But yeh, that’s it.

If I wasn’t getting a “Stern fanboy therefore must troll JJP” vibe from you, I’d tend to agree - exclusive mechs only available in the limited version of the game is not a good trend. Maybe ad a (meaningless) software mode to the CE, but not a full mech or interactive Playfield feature.

It’s not really too different than the path Stern is going with the toppers - the topper itself is limited and it unlocks a mode. Not a fan from either company.

Having said that, the “LE” on this isn’t really missing much. It’s still going to be freaking awesome and IMO it’s the best art package of the 3.

#1616 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

This is certainly going to be possible JJP biggest game going on all the hype. You in Mark

Absolutely. You? Really impressive game on all levels.

#1799 3 years ago

CE's sold out in 1 day, riots in the arcade.

Just going to quote myself (never quoted myself before, but theres a first time for everything)...

Quoted from cooked71:

See what happens when JJP finally announce a title aimed at grown men.

#1809 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Just stick the missing mech in the LE and this all goes away. What a cluster fuck. Just like i said all along. I’m never buying another JJP after this mess.

OMFG, lets start listing the Stern clusterf*cks over the years....

#1821 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

OMFG I didn’t even mention Stern. I am a moderate. Not a fanboy of any brand. Just love pinball. All the greed of late is sad.

But did you stop buying Stern after their clusterf*cks? C'mon, you're JJP trolling/Stern fanboyism is legendary. Stop trying to pretend otherwise.

#1824 3 years ago

Here's the issue....Stern release and sell at least 2000 LE games a year, all sold out almost instantly. Good themes, good games.

JJP has not released a single game for 18 months. They suddenly release a great game and a great theme and only 500 CE's. It's not enough. I think they would be forgiven for increasing CE units in this case - hasn't ever stopped Stern.

#1836 3 years ago

Ive bought 4 out of 5 JJP LE's NIB, and im still getting ghosted by our distributor for a CE.

#1837 3 years ago

The next thing is how on earth are JJP going to keep up with production......will everyone be happy waiting 12 months for their CE's? LE might be the way to go if you want a game in the next few months.

#1840 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

From the video, I've watched like 5 minutes. Is every mode a multi ball?[quoted image]

Seems to be Keith thing? I remember Hobbit was the same, and more recently POTC. Was one of the reasons I sold POTC - just felt like Multiball all day.

#1856 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Here we go. The time of night when Wacky get triggered.

Quick, someone find him an overpriced Stern topper to buy. Might shut him up for a few hours.

#1860 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You f Ed up Cookie. That 5th one would have made all the difference
Hang tight, if they make people pay up folks will be dropping like flies for the LE

I know Ice. You think if I took one of the Wonka CE's off his hands now he'd change his mind?

#1908 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

So I also strolled over to the GnR fan forums. I snapped a few pics of their reaction to the release of the new game. I thought you’d all enjoy it! It’s fun to see another rabid fan forum collide with ours.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Classic. Might join the forum and post some unboxing photos when i get my game. Should go down well.

#1915 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I personally won't buy another machine until it meets 2 criteria.
1. It is made out of sustainable wood and conflict free minerals.
2. It has a PinBar(Tm)

lol. No Pinbar, no CE's left. What a clusterf*ck.

#1939 3 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Pretty sure what I am about to post is going to get some serious down votes because I am posting this in a JJP thread but I feel it should be said. I am just getting into this hobby and don't have any type of fanboy loyalty to either of the two major companies but I don't understand some of the things said about Gary and Stern throughout the course of the day on this thread. If I am Gary or an employee of Stern I see this release as a major win for me. I think Gary is probably looking at the left side of the Standard Edition Model Playfield and doing a happy dance. JJPs standard model is stripped down badly and is already priced higher than the Stern Pros. Now to me I think the Limited Edition Model is frigging fantastic and one of the best looking pinball machines I have ever seen. But when it comes down to it if someone getting into the hobby is trying to get the most out of their money and they look at the two companies and say to themselves "I can get one JJP game or two Stern Pros" I think the vast majority of people are going to choose the two games instead of the one (I would personally go DP and IMDN), which from a business perspective is a huge win for Gary. You guys can say what you want but I just think JJP would have been a lot more competitive and even snagged more of Stern's business/profits if they would have made one or two more simple add ons to their Standard Edition Model, maybe like a ramp going to the head of the with the strings coming off or just have a wireform coming off the head instead they could have added $200 to the price and made it a lot better. I think they know its barren and thats why they put the "stage" above the left side to hide some of the emptiness of the game. Once again just my two cents but before today I had no real opinions either way about which company was the better pinball company... but I do now.

Not even the most rabid JJP fanboy argues that anyone can compete with Stern on a Pro level. Thats where they excel and they own that space.

However, look at/play/unbox/work on a Stern LE vs a JJP LE and the difference is night and day. JJP is a premium product. Stern LE is a Pro with add-ons.

This is JJP's first attempt at a truly cheaper game, and I agree, it's not even close to a Stern Pro. Who knows whether they can get there. You could argue Stern build from the Pro up. This GNR SE just looks like a bare bones JJP game. Clearly theyre not even in the Stern Pro league.....yet.

#2134 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Just curious about this. I noticed that the LE is advertised at 350lbs. Stern premiums are 250lbs. What makes a standard body JJP a full 100lbs heavier? Is it a different type of cabinet wood?

Full wooden backbox on JJP - metal on Stern.

#2147 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The flippers seem to have the same weakness that the flippers on Dialed In have. Did they use FL11541 coils again? When shooting a ball off the end of the flipper bat, it should not softly lob into the opposite slingshot.
Rob

Never experienced this rumoured flipper weakness on JJP games, and Ive owned them all. Maybe you guys need to upgrade to 240V over there.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2193 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its just a matter of time before its all out war.

Quoted from cooked71:

Just wait for gameplay reveal...

#2244 3 years ago

Maybe this game has re-inveneted pinball coding - instead of working constantly to get into multiball, like we mostly do now, you are working to get to single ball modes. Revolutionary!

#2299 3 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

I played GnR alot today, with some seasoned pinball people, all of us agreed, this game is fantastic. Guns and Roses opened the vault door to let Eric and JJP make a game without restrictions and you feel it, see it and hear it. Eric has quarters in his blood and has once again given us a fun, fast, smooth and challenging layout that keeps you on your toes. The video clips are great and sink with the songs. The animation is cool and there are alot of small surprises that popped up, even after about 50 games we kept seeing new things up on the screen. The high score backstage pass picture is the best use of the JJP camera to date. Audio and call outs are top notch, I am a casual GnR fan, and really like how the soundtrack doesn't just play a straight song all the time,something I hate about music pins, it plays some casual riffs that take a moment to realize it is a GnR song, then when you get to a song mode the music is full on and in your face. The light show is spectacular, and changes up alot. Unless you see it in person you really have no idea how special it is, the light up rails, the inserts, and two moving can lights in the back make it an experience like no other. This game has set the bar, and was well worth the wait. The only problem I have with Guns and Roses is that I don't own one. Take a bow JJP. Bravo.

Hey, are you new in this thread? That sort of positivity is so yesterday. Don't you realise the narrative has changed to negativity and criticism?

#2329 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I took matter into my own hands with our Aerosmith Pro. Love the gameplay and the fun we have when playing it. But the background animations during song modes should've been videos of the band. So I added it. Full assets, baby!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KCWDoet23Y7fiQ1D6

Been following your progress on one of the FB groups. Freakin awesome. Makes my miss my ASLE so much. It is a seriously underrated game - thinking about getting one back but they’re pretty rare down here.

#2512 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Owners, come on over to the JJP GnR owners thread. This bouncing between threads is killin' me
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/10#post-5897027

Will do when I actually know what im going to be owning...

#2548 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Cab is so fugly.

Theyve deifinitly struggled with the artowrk on these entry price games - especially compared to Stern.

#2551 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

t's so bad it almost appears intentional to push home collectors towards the LE.

It really looks that way - Wonka was like placeholder art. And this is just.....unusual.

#2779 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Jjp forgot Bob Dylan for knocking on heaven doors

That would have been nice. Maybe Slash and Bob don’t get on.

#2877 3 years ago

I prefer default settings also, and of course understand the direction the code has gone. As stated, it’s like an interactive concert or like playing an interactive jukebox. You don’t just listen, you play pinball at the same time. And for that you need longer ball times - you don’t go to a concert only to be kicked out after 3 minutes.

Surely JJP can have a “competition” or “kick in the nuts” option that plays more like a traditional game? Would be a better investment of coding time than a co-op mode for this game.

#2974 3 years ago

I honestly can imagine why you would buy a SE? If you were a massive GNR fan and really couldn’t afford the extra $3k then that makes sense. But even then, surely you would beg, borrow and steal to get a LE?

It’s not like the shot layout is so unique that you’re getting mostly the full experience on the SE. And code wise, it sounds like a long playing game. The SE’s super simple layout and long ball times probably don’t mix.

#3104 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why overthink what you are seeing?

Thats why we have rai here.

#3111 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

LOL. I get where he's coming from. SE is a huge chunk o change saved and l bet that upper pf isn't really missed. Where they get us is those sweet RGB hot rails. Sneaky mofos over there at JJP. They some smart cookies.

Seriously, he does all the hard thinking for me us. Easier to read than think.lol

#3125 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

After listening to The Pinball Show episode #33, think Dennis Kressal nailed his review of GNR and nailed Zack’s hide on his GNR assessment.
Imo, Dennis is definitely the more pinball savy guru in pinball than Zach’s ideas of what makes pinball. If we are talking about pinball execution and flow, with all the geometry needed to make a great pinball machine, Dennis’s assessment on GNR is right on the money. Zach’s retorts don’t hold water and all he could say to counter Dennis is he hasn’t played it yet??? Tisk tisk... In addition, Zach showed almost no class in putting down each good point Dennis was making, with his inserted, “wrong” audio clip. Dennis far out classes Zach in a debate about pinball, with his superior knowledge and understanding.
No one has to play a game to discover from a stream or viewing the layout, whether it works as a good pinball machine or not. Can see straight away from just looking at Houdini’s layout for example, that the shots are really tight and the geometry is not so good.
I trust Dennis to give a fair and objective review. Zach on the other hand, with his bias sales/shill glasses constantly on, not so much. What Dennis and other top pinball players have had to say about GNR not being a very good playing game or being very multiball heavy makes sense. But do not argue that GNR has plenty of theme assets. If all it takes to make one happy in a $12.5k purchase is plenty of lights, with some concert footage on the back box, along with a ball lock or two, that person may be pretty easy to please, imo. But a really good playing pinball machine???? Agree with Dennis on that one: GNR doesn’t appear to be a fun shooter when it comes to real pinball game flow combos, with real objectives to be accomplished, besides just getting a song to play, with multiball after multiball to keep the song going over and over again.
Looks monotonous just like the stream we saw from Buffalo Pinball, like chopping wood. Although Kevin did a good job with what he had. I do appreciate Zach’s effort in pinball media although. Maybe if he just turned down the GNR hype train a bit, as he’s beginning to sound a lot like Kaneda. Dennis is the only reason The Pinball Show stays somewhat credible. Nate Shivers he’ll never be, lol. If you haven’t heard the episode, give it a listen.

But you haven’t played it Thunderbird

#3126 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

When rai walks into a car dealer the car salesmen scatter, haha. All in fun rai.

If we didn’t have rai here it’d be 90% rambling drivel and 10% rational thought. rai increases the rational stuff by at least 2%.

#3227 3 years ago

This is the general discussion thread therefore should by open to all but the most persistent trolls. The club thread should be more limited to those who actually own or enjoy the game.

Edit: PanzerFreak beat me to it.

#3264 3 years ago

Compared to other games, this game is like seeing a rock band live versus sitting at home listening to a recording of the band.

When you go to a good rock concert, it's loud, chaotic, out of control, blinding at times, engrossing, unique, crowded, in your face and you come out with your head spinning. If you have to describe why it was so f*n good, you cant think of a single thing to say except "ït was just the whole experience - you had to be there". If you watch it back on video it looks lame.

A music purist would say it's not the best way to enjoy the music - you should be sitting alone in a quiet room with an expensive stereo appreciating every note in a completely controlled and repeatable environment.

But if you had the choice, you'd see the live concert every time.

#3497 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Highly recommend watching from 35:45. That really encapsulates why this game has excited sooo many people. It's pure pinball awesomeness, and I don't even speak French!

Cracked me up. Something surreal about watching french guys screaming and rocking out to a GNR pin over the internet.

#3499 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Kind of felt the same way. Was cool assuming they really didn’t know the words to the songs yet still had a great time playing. Cool stuff.

In my head theyre just yelling "Guns and F*ckin Roses" in French.

#3742 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I know you're one of those that like the art better on the CE and prob one of the biggest fanboys of it. I get it. You're not the majority though that's for sure.
Art, no question LE is better (majority agree for sure).
Sound bar? Already confirmed can be added to the LE and you can get a bose one on there for just 250
flower and plunger sculps? back alley is making more (slight variations) along with other modders
Topper? Expect many and likely will better (who wants the flipper GnR logo)?
Blue vs Green PF art diff? yeah, no even going to comment haha
como hard lock. The ONLY thing I can think of that is truly different but it doesn't make a big diff to see a ball go into a lock and still get that weak art to look at all day
Just my opinion on what will happen but no question, flippers caused this and if you're a real genuine person who wants a CE, do not buy them now. Wait until they are made, still don't buy that first week or so, then watch this become a battle of the flippers and jump in when it goes down.

Shiny foil decals sound cool. Band member signatures sound cool.

#3755 3 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Look at TWD LE - The most ugliest machine ever made (poop and blood) But highly sought after.

Good to know I’m not the only one.

#3859 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

The CE is fugly along with the SE.. I bet the CE and LE art was originally reversed..JJP called it right... sell the shit out of the LE"s. Congrats! Well played.

Lool. Nice try Troll.

6663E4E6-BD2A-49AC-9A52-912906014A9A (resized).jpeg6663E4E6-BD2A-49AC-9A52-912906014A9A (resized).jpeg
#3936 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Upon closer inspection it appears that the LE Apron has an Orange Peel texture, whereas the CE Apron is a very smooth piece of metal. Is that intentional or just lighting?

The LE pic looks real whereas the CE one looks CGI.

Warning, dont refer to ANYHTING in this thread as resembling Orange!

#3971 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Things are about to get interesting....

Chipping?

#4079 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Holding out on playing GNR until I unbox my pin.
Will power is not easy.

Not to be a jerk, but you know you have to unbox it to play it right?

#4362 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Repeat after me:
THE NEW MICRO PLAYFIELDS ARE NOT CALLED SPECTRUM PLAYFIELDS.
THE DEMO WAS DONE ON A PLAYFIELD FOR THE GAME SPECTRUM.

spectrum.gifspectrum.gif
#4646 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I like Rai's, wanting to buy a CE without markup!

Quoted from kermit24:

Mr SE wants a CE?

I think he meant he wants a CE for the SE price.

#4665 3 years ago

You guys need to give JJP a freakin'break here. They've just moved complete factory to a new state, which means new staff as well, during Corona, and at the same time launched a game that has sold beyond their wildest expectations. Of course there will be delays.

Even with all that, they've delivered games, and are continuing to deliver games as we speak. No doubt they'll be ramping up production, but it's not instant.

Even Stern cant keep up with demand at the moment due to Covid - I read new orders are being promised 1st half of next year from Stern.

#4701 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

You are right Stern cant keep up and took shit for saying so when Gary said they have 5000 games on order. In the end it comes to do you have to put down $1000 when ordering a Stern game that you will wait months to get

Depends on the distributor - last round of LE's down here we had to pay $10k upfront and wait 2-3months. This was for AIQLE and they still havent been delivered here.

If Stern are so delayed, i'd expect some US distro's will start asking for deposits to lock in spots also.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 11,000.00
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.