IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #891 Featurette video. Posted by Coz (3 years ago)

Post #897 Full song list Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Post #958 All 3 versions of playfields side by side. Posted by sevenrites (3 years ago)

Post #1172 Keith clarifies Coma rule Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rockytop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#887 3 years ago

In on the CE

#1349 3 years ago

My .02 so far:

9 ball paths on the main playfield. Layout doesn't blow me away, but it looks fun. Basically just about everything else seems off the charts.

1: Shot under the upper flipper
2. Right orbit
3. Right ramp
4. Extra ball shot through the pops
5. Scoop
6. Middle spinner/loop to pops
7. Ramp or inner orbit (not sure what it does) shot from upper flipper
8. Left ramp
9. Left orbit

- light show should be the best of all time
- love the moving spotlights
- happy the band did callouts
- thrilled with theme integration in general and the assets they have
- art looks great
- 21 songs is awesome
- I like what I'm hearing about song jackpot risk/reward
- all the non mechanical "toys" are cool... the guitar pick spinners, drum sticks, tophat, axl on top of the skulls, amps, hi hat, cymbals
- the light rails looks awesome
- wifi updates...about time this happened

I'm not sure how fun the upper playfield stuff will be, but it looks cool and is great theme integration.

#1361 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There is a jump ramp so maybe that's one the shots from upper flipper

That's what I'm thinking...I guess it could be on one of the orbits, but I bet it's there on that shot from the 3rd flipper

#1362 3 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

So, the rumor was 22 songs in the game. The list that’s posted by JJP has 21 listed.
However, I just noticed this at the bottom of the rules when I zoomed in:
Any takers that the cover of Sympathy For The Devil is the big wizard mode song??? That would be amazing.
[quoted image]

Good catch...I would say that's a safe bet considering that screen grab

#1366 3 years ago

Anyone else think there will be more songs released at some point for this pin? (like Metallica had)

I don't want to get into a DLC debate about whether or not it should happen...I just think it will. There is a new song Guns has called "Hardschool", that Guns N Roses nerds (like me) know about. It's a bootleg and it's awesome. I would love for that to make it on the game at some point.

Here are the songs I wish the game had:

- Don't Damn Me
- Get in the Ring
- 14 years
- Back off Bitch
- The Breakdown
- Locomotive
- There was a Time
- IRS

#1370 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

If its not an official song that the band approves of and wants out (like a bootleg) why would they ever include it in the future?
Imagine this, they've already said officially no to the song. Slashes game autoupdates, he plays and finds it on there. "wtf guys?"
However as a game play element it might be cool to integrate into a hidden hard to get to backstage mode. "Get backstage, steal the demo cd's" sort of thing. Songs that you get from it are random/unlisted.

I thought there was a good chance we'd have a new Guns song on the pin considering the precedent of "Ain't Going Down" on the Data East pin.

Turns out we did get some new tunes in the form of tracks from Slash...just not new full band songs.

Hardschool is a song that will likely be an official song on the long rumored new album, but with Guns n Roses no one has a clue when/if a new album will ever happen.

#1408 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Sympathy for the devil? Extremely unlikely. That cover is widely known as the “if you want to hear a band breaking up, listen to that song” Song.

It could be Knockin on Heaven's door.

Although it's a cover, they made the song their own, and it's a been a staple of their shows forever. It's their biggest song not to make the pin so far.

#1519 3 years ago

I know we have the tophat, but I would like a Slash figure like this one in here.

D9A38C81-044A-47D9-A0EE-6C0170B08AA0 (resized).jpegD9A38C81-044A-47D9-A0EE-6C0170B08AA0 (resized).jpeg
#1585 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Why is everyone a skeleton? Did the artist think this is heavy metal? Or is this related to something in their Not in This Lifetime tour?
Disclaimer: anything I know about GnR, I learned in the 80s...

The art from the tour (a lithograph from every show) depicted the band as skeletons. Different artists created these, but Arian Buhler is the best and did a lot of them. His lithos are featured on the LE and he did the CE artwork as well.

These are the lithos I have from the tour. The lithos are collected by a lot of people and some of them go for thousands of dollars.

0018AA18-C42E-4922-B399-D67AA58DF7C1 (resized).jpeg0018AA18-C42E-4922-B399-D67AA58DF7C1 (resized).jpeg2EA19CEA-3761-400D-BD50-E420B07A0463 (resized).jpeg2EA19CEA-3761-400D-BD50-E420B07A0463 (resized).jpeg3F26D1CB-C3F3-4496-A764-38512EE23BD0 (resized).jpeg3F26D1CB-C3F3-4496-A764-38512EE23BD0 (resized).jpeg4D67F4EF-294F-498F-83AB-AD4C021FF05C (resized).jpeg4D67F4EF-294F-498F-83AB-AD4C021FF05C (resized).jpeg76CF30E4-6F5A-41ED-B028-4741F8B2EFF2 (resized).jpeg76CF30E4-6F5A-41ED-B028-4741F8B2EFF2 (resized).jpegBED68B07-9ECC-42BF-B8E9-8BACBBE0BFF8 (resized).jpegBED68B07-9ECC-42BF-B8E9-8BACBBE0BFF8 (resized).jpeg
#1913 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

So I also strolled over to the GnR fan forums. I snapped a few pics of their reaction to the release of the new game. I thought you’d all enjoy it! It’s fun to see another rabid fan forum collide with ours.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm on that forum. It's like a lot of the internet...weird, angry, and bitter at times, but there are some great people on it as well.

#1988 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

26!? Are you playing through songs like modes where goal is to play all songs? 21 songs and 20 something multiballs would add up to a very long game.

My understanding of the rules so far is that your probably focused on playing enough songs to get to a particular album mode (although 3 minutes worth could easily be done on one song)

You have to play all the album modes to get to the wizard mode, but not all the individual songs.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2017 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Yeah, is this pinball or pachinko?
I’m also not a fan of the concert vids. Cool ass pinball, why not use the coolest GnR years? Dizzy, Melissa, Richard? Like hitting targets for Rey and Finn in Star Wars.

I guess it wouldn't be impossible, but it would complicate licensing. You had some different bandmates back then.

- Izzy Stadlin
- Steven Adler
- Matt Sorum replaced Steven
- Gibly Clarke played with them a lot

#2089 3 years ago

I'm not a big fan of being in multiball all the time, but I'm not worried about it. All that can either be tweaked by JJP in the default code or the settings tweaked in the menu I'm sure.

I like the ruleset from what I've read. It's straightforward.

1. Hit band member shots
2. Start song at the scoop
3. Play a song from each album for 3 minutes
4. Play all 4 album modes
5. Hit spinners and spinning record to start Slash solo mode
6. Visit all the cities in tour For tour mutiball
7. Play Not in this Lifetime wizard mode

Piece of cake

#2259 3 years ago

They really need to dial back the multiball in the code, or have ways to adjust in the settings. It definitely seems the game was designed around that though with the ball lock.

I do wish it had one cool mechanical toy.

Other than that the game looks like a blast.
I like the orbit from the upper flipper and the main orbits flowed nicely. Ramps look good and the ball doesn't stay long in the upper playfields.

I hope they use the long shot from the left flipper to the axl lane (the extra ball shot) a lot in the code. I like challenging shots like that. Keith set that kind of shot up perfectly in JP2.

Fix the forever being in multiball, and this will be a really fun game I think.

#2388 3 years ago

How do you travel from city to city?

#2389 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I’m a little disappointed that the game seems so multiball heavy. I remember playing Hobbit and finding the constant multiball there really off-putting, and when I mentioned it to one of the design team they said they’d heard similar feedback and would adjust.
Now we’re here with the same problem again. Multiball should be a challenge to start, otherwise it has no meaning. Also, it means I’m not focusing on making shots, I’m just flailing and frankly, that’s not long term fun. It’s just tiring.
One of the things people criticized about Data East games was the gimmie multiball they tended to add. It’s 30 years later and here we are.
They nailed the level of difficulty of starting and total number on Dialed In for multiballs. It’s a good balance. GNR seems unbalanced.

Agreed. Hopefully they listen to feedback and adjust, or at least give players the option to adjust things in the settings.

This is definitely a pattern with JJP. Hobbit, POTC, and now GnR seem to multiball you to death.

#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Given that they had access to all the assets of the band does anyone else wonder why they didn't pick video footage of the band in their prime over the band now? I personally connect more with 80s Guns 'n' Roses and didn't realize they'd gotten back together as old guys and were still around touring and doing new songs.

They had different band member then. It might not have been impossible, but licensing would be more complicated.

JJP didn't get access to old stuff...just Not in This Lifetime tour stuff, which is what Slash wanted the pin the to be about.

Steven Adler
Matt Sorum replaced him
Izzy Stradlin
Gilby Clarke played with them a lot

#2476 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Credit to thirdedition in owners thread:
[quoted image]
Plus, you can tweak the song timer qualifications for album. As you adjust the settings to make the game harder with less multiball, I imagine you’ll want to make it easier to qualify album by tweaking that setting.
The one setting I don’t know if they’ve added yet is if you can limit the # of add a balls you can have in one song.

I just read through the manual, and was about to point that out. I didn't see an add a ball settings in the songs modes. They need to add that.

#2615 3 years ago

I like the layout and the shots look fun to me.

I really don't have a problem with what's there...I just wish there was one mechanical beast of a toy in it.

#2798 3 years ago

I'd like to see JJP hire Elwin.

1 week later
#4037 3 years ago

Maybe I'm being greedy, but based on the rules (having to play 3 minutes from each album) regarding qualifying album modes, I would like to see more songs added to the game from the UYI albums and Chinese Democracy. I know they basically followed the Not in this Lifetime our setlist, so it makes sense from that standpoint, but I think it would be better if the albums were represented with more songs.

This would make sense because the game is basically nudging you to balance your song selection from the albums, but the songs from said albums are not balanced.

Right now you have:

9 from AFD
6 from UYI I
3 from UYI II
3 from CD
1 from Lies (although Lies is not an album mode)

With that in mind, here would be my selections if I were picking them. (Really if I had it my way, the whole discography would be there)

UYI I - Don't Damn Me

UYU II - 14 Years, KOHD, Get in the Ring, Locomotive

CD - There Was a Time, IRS, Sorry

1 week later
#4482 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Anybody else besides me not bothering their distributor about delivery dates?

I paid my deposit, and haven't talked to my distributor since. I'm excited about it, but it will get here when it gets here. No worries.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rockytop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype?tu=Rockytop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.