IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #891 Featurette video. Posted by Coz (3 years ago)

Post #897 Full song list Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Post #958 All 3 versions of playfields side by side. Posted by sevenrites (3 years ago)

Post #1172 Keith clarifies Coma rule Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinMonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1457 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

sorry, must have been already said but which songs are in the game? thanks

Full song list with which ones are only available in adult mode (and 1 more that is locked that must be earned):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/65#post-5888757

#1609 3 years ago
Quoted from Slash:

My guess is Coma is the locked song.
Edit just saw it’s already there

The locked song is not an explicit song. It's 5 explicit + 1 locked for 6 of the 21 unavailable out of the box.

#1636 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

12. November Rain -

This reminded me of the "kids react" for November Rain. It cracks me up when the tone changes and they find out that she died. Their reactions are great.

#1638 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I dont know if this has been asked before, is Slash on pinside and what is his username, I have a question for him.

His username is @fataxl. What a sense of humor that guy has.

#1966 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

it looks fantastic for sure...I just wish it had more cool engineering mech besides the pop bumper drum symbol.

Um, the switchless sensors in the light inserts is pretty nifty engineering. I think there's a lot of engineering know-how in this pin that you don't even recognize, and that's the best kind of engineering.

I think the pop bumper hi-hats are kind of corny, for the record.

3 months later
#5342 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

CE will dip as well. Price is too high to sustain. Won't go down much though. Probably 1k.

Dunno. The CEs look very nice and they made way too few of them. Some of those features should have been in the LE instead.

#5347 3 years ago

Karl DeAngelo's streaming GnR live again now with a temp probe on the upper right flipper this time and fans installed on the lower flippers and a temp probe on the lower right flipper (that hit 219F without fans last night).

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

#5349 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What the hell, what makes the flippers run so hot? I assume it's the same coils/flippers they use in other games right?

Thermodynamics and Karl traps up a lot.

Not exactly the same. The right flipper on the bottom is an FL-11629 the biggest coil available. The lower left and upper right are smaller FL-15411s, but still run hot (lower left peaked at 180F yesterday).

#5351 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Trapping switches to a lower power hold though, right?
Interesting about it being a beefier coil. I didn't know that.

Yes, but it still raises temps over time (just slower) on JJP/Spooky (but not Spike - I don't know why it's different than SAM/Whitestar, that's the most surprising thing I've discovered in testing machines). Doesn't give the coils time to rest and cool even a little.

#5360 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You wouldn’t want to switch leds because the colors on the gun inserts on playfield match color of that character shots. It is the backglass design that is off. Kind of reminds me of the character shots on LOTR not aligning with insert order. That oversight drives me crazy.

Hey! Something they can fix for LoTR Spike!

#5366 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Anyone know when LEs are shipping to distributors? I put a deposit on an LE last month with a reputable distributor in SoCal and they’ve stopped responding to emails. Meanwhile, I see lots of CEs are shipping. I assume JJP is simply backlogged, but any inside info is appreciated.

Pretty sure they said February, so not long now.

#5368 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My guess is they will run all 500 CE’s and then load up the line with LE’s and SE’s.Probably be heavy on LE’s since it’s more desirable then SE’s
I speculate the first week of March for more LE’s.

But when will the run the SCEs?

#5370 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They're not taking any orders for the SE's for the time being . It could be a while .

No, SCEs, as in Super CEs.

#5377 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

It's only a matter of time.....

They massively under-allocated CEs. Massively. Especially since it is not just some window dressing, but physically different play with that extra physical lock. Limiting the full game experience to only a few hundred pins was a bad idea.

So yeah, Super CEs. For the prices CEs are already bringing, a Super CE will sell out, too.

#5379 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If I understand the Coma lock correctly.... It locks a ball in the apron, then when Coma starts it just takes the ball from the apron and puts it into the ball trough via the outlane?

I'm not sure how it unloads the coma lock since it's on the left side of the apron. Maybe just drops the post, letting a ball drop into the trough and the game serves one to the shooter lane like normal? Maybe someone with a CE can chime in. I've only seen stills of it, no video.

#5383 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Right. Its not even the same ball, it just dumps the ball into the back of the trough and the tough shoots out whatever ball is next in line already there. Its sort of like how "kickback" has become virtual...I love games with real kickback. Virtual kickback is a cheap way out and nothing more than a courtesy ball saver. There is something uniquely special, tactile and authentic about the machine rejecting your ball back into play from the left outlane...virtual kickback loses that completely.
But I digress...The coma lock does look cool and the added opportunity for artwork there is nice but it does absolutely nothing for gameplay whatsoever - its temporarily holding a ball from drain until a new and different ball can launch into play. It would have been WAY cooler if they did a lock like that which actually functioned to kick that same ball back into play back up the outlane from the locked position.

Releasing the ball out of the coma lock and launching it out up into play again from between the flippers like some old pins do would have been cool.

4 weeks later
#5397 3 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Has anyone had an Encore award that freezes up?
Was playing today and it just stayed on the Encore screen. Had to reboot the game to clear it...

I've seen one other report of that, but I thought it was fixed after 1.13 was released. What code are you on?

#5404 3 years ago
Quoted from Playerone:

Just installed 1.14 and it happened first game. This game is onsite. So paying customers would be thourouhly pissed.

I guess pinball_keefer should probably know that the hangup in encore is still happening in 1.14, then.

And if he puts Donkey Kong and Galaga knockoff minigames in there as hidden modes, that would be awesome, if that's what you're suggesting.

#5406 3 years ago
Quoted from hyphz:

... Are people aware that one of the harder-to-get modes shows the US and China (on a real map) apparently firing missiles at each other, with explicit instructions "HIT USA SHOTS - AVOID CHINA SHOTS"?
This seems like something that could be a nasty shock if they're used on location, and it doesn't seem to be turned off by Family Mode..

People got a nasty shock from the movie Wargames where you're at? The mode is a play on the WOPR computer simulation in that 1980s movie.

GnR Mode
jjGnR_WOPR.gifjjGnR_WOPR.gif

Wargames movie WOPR simulation
Wargames-simulation.gifWargames-simulation.gif

#5408 3 years ago
Quoted from hyphz:

I recognize "shall we play a game" from that film, yes. But a) that explicitly says the whole thing's a simulation (and anyone who hasn't seen the film wouldn't know that from context), b) the success condition was to *stop* the computer firing, and c) the Cold War was an universally acknowledged thing in 1983. Whereas a US/China propaganda conflict is a fairly politically charged point of view at the moment (and even more so that the US is one specific side - ok, there aren't many JJP pins on location outside the US but it's possible I guess).

Meh. Just seems like cold war 2.0 with different participants. Anyone that's been around long enough should understand the point. But I'm not in the EU (but neither are you now, I guess - ha!), so maybe it's more touchy over there.

1 week later
#5412 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Playerone that’s weird. Williams made Medieval Madness not Bally!
[quoted image]

Remakes couldn't use Williams name/logo.

#5414 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Oh it’s a remake? Doesn’t look like a remake. ‍♂️

Upgraded CGC Standard? Or maybe they just used a different speaker panel?

#5432 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Can’t you just use a credit card and push the air bubbles towards the flipper button?

Aside from the scratch, both these are minor problems that can be fixed with a blow dryer and a credit card. Can you over-heat and screw it up? Yes, but you'd have to be really inattentive and leave the heat too close and in one place a long time to do that. It's a pretty low-risk, high reward fix.

It's great when you get a perfect, flawless machine out of the box, but look closely enough and that rarely happens. NIB rarely (never?) means perfect, unfortunately.

#5435 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why are PB consumers willing to overlook defects, cosmetic, or otherwise? Many companies have a scratch and dent section for defective products. People paying $10000 for a new product, do not want scratch and dent quality when paying full retail price.
Do you on your new vehicle purchase? How about the new fridge you ordered. If it gets delivered with a scratch or dent, would you accept delivery?

If I could smooth it with a hairdryer and a credit card I'd ask for some consideration for the trouble and do just that. Having owned well over 100 machines, many NIB, I'm less precious about ownership. Would the condition noted be a bummer? Yes. But the machine still plays. I'd be playing the crap out of it right now while I waited for my free Radcals.

#5437 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The problem is, what if he makes it worse?
What consideration will JJP give for defective and scratched decals? Send a kit and expect the owner to swap it out? If trained workers cant get it right, how can a consumer be expected too?
Thing is, you and other buyers who have many many nib purchases, helped create this problem. You have let things slide for years, so now its to be expected and if you want what you pay for, you are a whiner or not a pinball person. Is it too much to expect some QA??

Pfft. You should have seen what passed for NIB in the 1980s, and arcade operators didn't care as long as it collected quarters. Pinball has ALWAYS had loose QA. ALWAYS.

#5440 3 years ago
Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

Back then only operators bought pinballs...the average Joe couldn't afford it..

The point is, the QA was loose 40 years ago because operators didn't care about a wrinkle or a scratch because they'd be adding 500 more moving the machine around to make 10x what it cost over time. So now that there are a lot more home users than location ops the expectations have changed, but the loose QA hasn't changed enough to match that shift, and I don't think it ever will.

#5445 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Remind me when it comes time to selling my paint peeling sports car, I can sell it NIB to Vireland. Just get out a sander and you’ll have it back to new in no time. Cuz we all know NIB means jacked decals are perfectly acceptable on a $8-$13k pin. And after all , who doesn’t charge people to play their HUO pinball machines? You’ll get back your money back in no time. Nobody will care about these bubbled decals in your living room
[quoted image]

You think car dealerships don't touch up new cars that arrive from the factory with minor issues? They do it all the time, every day.

And a couple small wrinkles are hardly "jacked up." I'm not saying JJP shouldn't offer some consideration for this, but it's one of the smallest things you can have wrong with a pin at unboxing time because it's dead simple to fix.

#5446 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I've seen this movie before....JJP will probably just send you new decals....its not ideal, but thats been my experience

I'd ask for a break on Radcals instead (does the SE HAVE optional radcals?). Another set of decals for someone that is afraid to fix a wrinkle will do zero good as full decal replacement IS a much more difficult task. At least having the radcals to sell with it at sale time would increase the value and more than offset a couple wrinkles and a small scratch.

#5489 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Should it have been caught? Yes. We're not disagreeing on that.
But I'm a pragmatic guy. Would I send back a machine over a bubble I can smooth out in 5 minutes? Hell no. I'd fix it and move on with my life.
But hey, bitching on Pinside is fun! Break out the pitchforks, we got ourselves an outrage!

Exactly. In life you can be a victim or a victor. I recommend being a Victor and not sweating the small stuff.

2 weeks later
#5523 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Best game of the year is worth the wait.

But buy something else to hold you after you put your $1000 deposit down.

2 months later
#5541 2 years ago

You're in the wrong thread. Go to the owner's thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/230#post-6343860

Click on the keypost index at the top of any page in that thread, then click "keypost summary" to sort by that. The post you want is in the TECH section and is something like NIB bulletproofing summary.

#5543 2 years ago

No problem.

Also, just noticed it's the witching hour. 666 Pinsiders online right now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinMonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype?tu=PinMonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.