IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #891 Featurette video. Posted by Coz (3 years ago)

Post #897 Full song list Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Post #958 All 3 versions of playfields side by side. Posted by sevenrites (3 years ago)

Post #1172 Keith clarifies Coma rule Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#666 3 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

GnR is a very uninteresting theme to me.

As was Iron Maiden for me. - Loving the game anyway.

#857 3 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Quick and dirty playfield comparison:
[quoted image]

It's definatley missing a touchscreen in the lockbar.

#914 3 years ago

I'm nor into GnR or JJP but:

- I LOVE that Fender and Drumstick ramps. Stern would never spark that idea.

- I LOVE that the art doesn't have the usual JJP aesthetics

- I LOVE that looking at the playfield, I have not the slightest how it shoots so much is going on there.

Kudos.

Now I'm going back in the Deeproot thread of broken dreams.

#926 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Although I have no interest in owning this game, I am a huge life music fan, and love how they put so much work into the light show. Can wait to play this.

You may have no interrest but the interrest has you!

#937 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

And every other Stern almost. This will be my first JJP. Well done. Divorce papers signed with Stern.

Stern just announced another GnR with EVEN MORE SONGS!!!

(All performed by High School Coverbands!)

#941 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh God here we go. Is some jackass gonna make a dark day at Stern thread? I hope so, I'm gonna start drinking and this will get good real soon. By tonight should be loaded with ridiculous comments.

Yeah, plz. someone do it!

#1243 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

I can't speak for others but somehow I've been roped into this "anti-stern" group. I've never been anti-stern and haven't expressed as much. I did say that I thought JJP was bringing it and has put Stern to shame. That's literally about it. Past that, crazylevi lost his marbles and started making it a Stern v. JJP discussion. Then I piled on just because it was fun and he seemed legitimately perturbed about the entire notion.
Stern is fine. I don't like many of their games nor their build quality by comparison to other manufacturers; but they're not bad. JJP makes a higher quality product in my opinion is all.

BE79E9F3-5AD5-464B-89BA-CAF7BA4BDC16 (resized).pngBE79E9F3-5AD5-464B-89BA-CAF7BA4BDC16 (resized).png
#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I don’t like that the game play is different on all 3. I respected JJP when they stood firm that all versions of the game would be the complete game. Now all 3 are different. Even Stern is pushing their luck with toppers with additional modes. Kinda getting tired of it all. I just want a complete game. If you want to bling out a fancy version for more $ fine, but I want a complete game for a fair price. 9500 and 12500 (really the 12.5k is the complete game) is just getting out of hand. I’m still in with a Stern Premium at 7.395k but no way am I paying 12.5k just to get a complete game. I’ll just hard pass on the whole game.

JJP doesn't release as many games as Stern so you can use the time to earn more money!

#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Omg, Stern trying to crash JJP’s GNR reveal party with.......Heavy Metal?!?!? You’ve got to be joking.[quoted image]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And srsly I like Heavy Metal over GnR as a license, but these games are not remotely close. XD

#1301 3 years ago

Didn't you Say you're outta this Thread like three times allready?

#1309 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Fact I didn't know until now
The record cover that is on the in game spinning record will be random. Meaning I can buy an LE and it could have the Chinese democracy art on the record while another LE could have AFD.
Man I hope I get one that isn't Chinese democracy!

I'm not sure you did get this right.

Literally.I might have understood this wrong, but I just thought it's about the notes it plays while spinning, changing every game.

#1342 3 years ago

I'm srsly bummed because Beatles WAS my dream music pin and now compare what Stern did with that compared with THIS.

(And no, not saying Beatles isn't fun.)

I love everything about this GnR game except GnR and yet I still want an LE looking at this! XD

#1351 3 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

It's eye candy to the max for sure! Waiting to see how it plays. I can tell you right now I don't like that Left Ramp....looks like the same shit angle as the right ramp on Wonka and if you don't make it up.....SDTM it goes! Adding all the lights to this game tells me they are using flash to cover up the short comings of the game in the hopes that people overlook it because of the light show.

Instead of your hunch I go with the light show being an actual part of the theme integration, resembling a live concert, till I‘ve played it.

#1356 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Disney let Stern use all three of the original SW movies (350 film clips for SW)?
Just because JJP didn't get the assets for PotC doesn't mean you can't get them from Disney.

You‘re not allowed to argue since you‘re the only person that likes that game!

But srsly, when I got my Pro I wished they would have gotten (or to be more specific PAID for) less and put some mechs in the game instead.

#1443 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Not trying to bash, just observations.
GNR approached JJP about making the machine, and I would assume this would mean the license would be cheaper since JJP was, in a sense, commissioned to make the pin. I don't see any of these savings passed on, or at least it does not appear they have.
Also, I remember when JJP wanted to start making pinball machines- for the good of the hobby! To make the best, fully optioned games with lots of toys and creativity/innovation! All at a reasonable price to the end consumer!
What we are getting now? Wonka and now GNR have zero "innovation" (unique mechanical toys or something new/advanced to the hobby) all while pricing themselves like they do if the machines had what JJP initially promised. If this title was loaded out with cool toys that blew our mind, I would say many more of us would be willing to shell out the $9500. I don't consider cool art and theme integration as anything more than what SHOULD be normal in our hobby right now. I won't get into code, that's a whole different thing for a different topic.
Now do I want a GNR LE? Hell yeah. But man that $9500 plus shipping (and possibly tax) is a huge kick in the gut. While I've bought many pinballs over the years, I am not an LE or exotic pinball guy because I have a tight budget (but lucky enough to be able to buy Pro and sometimes Premium Sterns ($7300-ish), for example.
So like many, I'm waiting this one out.
And I'm not being sarcastic when I say "good job JJP" on this pin! I just think the pricing could have been better.

You see then but hear them. You have 21 Full songs instead of... what does Stern usually have? 8?

#1480 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Not at all surprised there is a 12.5k CE. What is pissing people off it to get the whole complete game you have to buy the 12.5k CE. Really lame IMO and I will be voting with my wallet.

Yeah better a cheapass full game then an uncomplete game!

So, how's that Astro Shooter?

vintage-tomy-astro-shooter-tabletop-pinball-machine-working-boxed-1 (resized).jpgvintage-tomy-astro-shooter-tabletop-pinball-machine-working-boxed-1 (resized).jpg
#1659 3 years ago

So here's a rules video for you to kill all anticipation (it did for me XD):

#1661 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Absolutely and for $60!

With free sound delay on top!

#1693 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Three recent games with a post on a spinning disc. Tell me, how is it fun to brick a shot on a post to make a circle spin? I hit plenty of posts during normal gameplay and I really do not want to actually aim for one.

Name them. I can only think of two.

#1706 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That’s very crummy.
Flip N out said not getting near his allotment.
I wonder where all these games went?

Kaneda bought them all to flip‘em.

No, srsly he bought FOUR for all his „friends“.

#2403 3 years ago

I didn't see much of the actual gameplay but with what I saw there is only one thing I'm concerned about:

That you have to "earn" to start a song. At least for location play there should be an option that people can directly choose a song (and get "wow"ed and not fail qualifying for a song and end the game without seeing anything).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (OBO)
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DS_Nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype?tu=DS_Nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.