IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #891 Featurette video. Posted by Coz (3 years ago)

Post #897 Full song list Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Post #958 All 3 versions of playfields side by side. Posted by sevenrites (3 years ago)

Post #1172 Keith clarifies Coma rule Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1174 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I have to ask.
Why isn't good enough to love the look of this pin and be happy its being made, why is it important to knock Stern? I really want to know. I mean u get these comments "gary sterns office door is closed today" and "it makes Sterns look like toys" now I agree this looks good and I'm happy for JJP and GnR fans but why? Its has nothing to do with being a Stern fanboy or anything because I'm not. Enlighten me kind sirs.
I will say I think JJP is very wise to include the SE model for not that much more than a Stern pro, personally its the one I like the most and is a real possibility for me even though I'm not a huge GnR fan.

Couldn't agree more. Stern appears to have a massive hit with Avengers and GnR looks to be knocking it out of the park with unbelievable theme integration.
Like what? Worst thing in the world to have them side by side in your collection? The horror, the horror!

Congrats to JJP and all involved.

#1526 3 years ago

Both Stern and JJP have been charging more for a little extra game. Stern has been adding exclusive modes that are only available if you pay big $ for a topper. JJP only has the extra physical ball lock on the CE model.
I don’t like it in either case but it is what it is.
I’ve had to focus on the game without that “extra” and determine if it’s still good value for the price.
It’s that easy.

#2279 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

if they arent in there already, the game could benefit from these two user adjustable software settings:
1] max balls allowed into gibson lock [0-6]
2] max add-a-balls allowed per song [0-default number of 'stages']
the default for 1] is currently 6, and starts the song automatically from the gibson lock with a 6 ball multi when you lock the 6th ball in the headstock. set to say 3, the 3rd ball lock auto starts the song with just a 3 ball multi. selecting 0 would start the song in single ball play via shooting the empty lock or the scoop.
the default for 2] is the number of song 'stages', which i assume varies depending on the length of a given song. user could set at 0 [no add-a-balls at all], 1 at stage one, 2 one at each stages 1 and 2... up to max stages.

In my opinion, you've hit the nail on the head.
I'm a huge fan of multiball when it's 2/3/4 balls at once. Even 4 and I'm probably flailing. I thought ACDC nailed it, with 2/3 for the most part.
If they added options like this, where I could limit the song modes to 3 ball multiballs, with like only 1 add-a-ball per song, then get the game playing fast by setting the playfield to a nice steep angle, I think that the whole package would make it a really fun experience.
Would love to have seen some kind of gimmicky toy to aim for, or that the ramps were built for combos, but I think that I could get lost in the music and Guitar-Hero experience that's been created. I love me some music pins. They're just so much fun to rock out to while you're playing. With a collection of over 21 songs, I counted about half of them that I really like. The others? Not so much but that's still about 10-11 songs that I really enjoyed at some point in time. That's pretty impressive.

REALLY hoping that Keith can add in some options to limit the overkill multiball experience. Right now I think it would determine whether or not I buy one.
Watching people play this game with endless 6-ball multiball with ball-save, then add-a-ball made my wrists hurt. Too much of a good thing.

My only other concern is the light show. First off, unbelievable GI lighting, really helping to show off that gorgeous playfield. But the lighting on the side seems like maybe it's being over-used? Very cool watching it imitate lightning effects for Nov Rain, but seemed like it's always strobing.
Again, maybe less is better?
Not sure if there could be an option for "Small/Medium/Large" options as to lighting effects?

#2697 3 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Played the LE today. I loved it. The whole entire package. Played Avengers LE for the first time today too. Also, a very fun pin. It's just a really awesome time to be a part of the pinball hobby.
Cheers, everyone. Have a great weekend.
Brian

HOW DARE YOU, “BRIAN”!?! (If in fact that IS your real name!?!)

PICK A SIDE!!!

#3334 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Was excited all week, every day, to get back and play since last Tuesday!
Got maybe 5 or 6 games in last night, and the shots don't sit well with me...still. I only had maybe 3-4 games max last week, and hoped settings were off, or things needed tweaked, but I left last week being so wowed by the game.
Today, after playing again yesterday, I just sadly ended up feeling I love the veneer, the lights, sound, theme integration, animation, so so much, but the shots don't feel regular, pleasing or friendly.
I really wish I didn't feel this way, but from one week ago on first exposure, to feeling largely apathetic after a week away, and more games, just doesn't feel good.
I feel like the left third of the game is so dominated by the added elements on the LE, and not in a pleasing way. I wish more space was opened up, for more or smoother shots, but that ramp, the upper playfield, and the wireforms for the bass just don't justify the massive real estate I feel they take up on the game.
I also feel the disc is an added on "mech" tacked on, not fun to shoot, (coupled with a somewhat frustrating center scoop) more interfering in a game that has many interfering shot possibilities. It feels like it's there in lieu of more game engaging mechs or subways.
I also feel the loop from the upper right flipper isn't nearly as makeable as POTC's upper loop or JP2's or the Avenger chode ramp even.
I just wish the core of this game was laid out differently, as the exterior and assets and theme integration is unparalleled. But shooting it, so far, hasn't been much fun for me at all.
Also, regarding the discussion of MB. For me, the frequency doesn't bug me so much, more that with 5 or 6 balls being tossed at you, and the shots being somewhat brickable here and there, the frenzy of MB had me more juggling balls down at the flippers, more than smoothly completing shots.
I'm not a fantastic player by any means, but this is definitely the gnarliest JJP game I feel I've played, shooting wise.
Code is so damn good too....
I wonder will this game will be 6 months from now, in the public's eye.

You had such glowing reviews initially, it’s not surprising that a second visit maybe didn’t live up to the hype.
Give it some time and more plays. See if you improve on some of the shots and watch the game improve its flow.
I think at the end of the day, most will agree that this layout is not “game of the year” material, but that the other aspects of it most certainly are, and overall it’s probably a really fun game for both home and location.
The initial release gameplay showed a near endless multiball thing with way too many add a balls and ball save timer.
I’ve watch quite a few more videos and it doesn’t seem nearly as common.
Personally, I’m much more optimistic on the game overall. I love music pins and I can’t see this one being the exception.
Can’t wait to play it.

#3508 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

So the big appeal of this game is to keep chimp flipping your way through multiballs while your eyes are being blinded? Hey maybe its me but i just don't get how that is fun. Kudos to JJP on the success of the game but I will stick with Elwin and Avengers.

I had a somewhat similar opinion after watching initial videos but if you watch more of them, you’ll see it’s not really the case unless you make effort to stack max multiballs and then build your ballsave as high as possible.
You can also reduce ballsave and add a balls to personal preference.

That said (and this is just my opinion), this game seems better suited to average players and not serious competitors?
Seems to be geared more towards people like myself, who can enjoy playing poorly while having a few beers and listening to music.
Still haven’t played the game though. Looks like it may be awhile before I get my hands on one.

4 months later
#5467 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I would do this too, after Stern states that if it doesnt work, or makes it worse, Stern will cover it under warranty.

I highly doubt Stern will make any effort to fix this game.
; )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype?tu=Chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.