IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #891 Featurette video. Posted by Coz (3 years ago)

Post #897 Full song list Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Post #958 All 3 versions of playfields side by side. Posted by sevenrites (3 years ago)

Post #1172 Keith clarifies Coma rule Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blindseer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#127 3 years ago

Im hoping that JJP moves away from the static one screen information dump on their LCD. I want them to have more of an immersive adventure with changing visuals and not just clips of concerts. Im sure the playfield will look amazing but I never feel like the animation, ui and modes have a good cohesion.

That being said as an arcade operator that wouldnt stop me if i feel like its a good package

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Umm, have you ever played hobbit? Define static because no where to be seen in hobbit

By static I meant that it stays on that main screen the majority of the time. The main UI is confusing especially for new players. I disliked all the pop up bash toys, playfield is bare and lacks shots. Honestly hobbit is bottom tier for JJP games for me.

Ive never been a fan with how much JJP games waste a large screen on information dumps. I almost want them to go back to DMD to learn how to keep it simple. Next to Jurassic Park, Deadpool (for the most part i feel they phoned it in on the later modes), for the most part TMNT Every JJP game uses the LCD as a GUI for some windows application and not as a tool to be attractive.

#1392 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That is not really the way anyone has described JP2...in fact it's kind of the opposite.

Sure it is, every one who comes to my arcade any plays it loves it. Its probably the best modern pinball machine for the price. Massive rule sheet, tones of modes.

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

RM blood sucker fools for buying any game buy Spooky no where close or worth that price for what’s in their games.

Maybe for a collector but for an operator its all about IP and that's one game I wish had. It needed a bigger run so I could have bought one for our arcade.

#2508 3 years ago

As an operator I was glad to see that the upper playfield doesn't really add much in gameplay which makes me more interested in buying a Pro. I think the game focused too much on the concert experience and needed more actual modes. Those custom visuals are a great step in the right direction but it made me wish Keith Elwin did this game.

I think customers will be interested in this title from an IP standpoint and the flashy look seems like a good location machine.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#4056 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Very simplistic way to try and spin this. There is a huge difference between a new 90’s B/W needing some small adjustments or replace a bad coil and the current machines having bad playfields with poor quality metal and.plastic components that don’t hold up for very long. Come on man. Let’s try to be as honest as possible here.

As long as it still is taking coins when on my location and JJP replaces parts I dont care.

#4062 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Same arguments every time, and I'll say it again. In the 70's-90's people weren't buying new in box machines for home use. Operators didn't care about most things other than 'does it work' enough that people will still throw quarters in it. The excuse of 'it's pinball' is BS in the age of +$10k machines and home use collector games. People are going to be more demanding because the majority of games use case has drastically changed, along with the price tags.

Instead of making the claim that its pinball is wrong. Its the cost of being the first to buy any new product. Doesnt matter if its a game console, a game, a GPU, a car. If you are going to be mad because you had to be the first to buy a product and something is wrong then dont buy it before you know the risks.

#4083 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Then explain bad PF's years later. Those are hardly buyers who bought new, yet still got the shaft. Multiple runs of multiple titles, same result..

Again im an operator I dont care as long as people are putting money in the coin slot. I dont have to like the game either I have purchased 5 NIB games this year and I barely look at my playfields. Pinball machines are a tool that i happen to enjoy.

#4434 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Not happy either......I'm done with NIB Stern for now. I switched to having my 1st JJP, only pulled the trigger the day before the 1st GnR Playturd TM appeared on Pinside. I foolishly believed these events were pretty much assigned to the same warehouse storing the Arch of the Covenant in Indiana Jones!
If you want a ganders at my NIB IMDN + BM66 you can check out the GnR owners thread.

Make sure you read the nice letter sized paper in the envelope labeled "open this first" talking about how the playfields dimple. Got a kick out of it when i unboxed my WW a few weeks ago

#4467 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

People are spending 6-12500k on these machines and, like a lot of hobbyist, they're putting them in their collection.

You can be critical of companies but a good portion of people that complain buy before they play or wait for issues to be worked out. You are also in a hobby that has operators that care less about these issues. If you aren't going to preorder a $60 game then why drop $6000-$12500? FOMO?

Quoted from meSz:

What gets me is .... a Stern or JJP machine that isn't even a few years old has pooling and chipping issues and it's sitting in the same room as a machine I have that's from the 60's that has a excellent playfield. So how is it, with all the modern technology, that playfield quality isn't getting better but getting worse?

A game from the 60s doesn't have air-balls and the ball doesn't move around the playfield with the same force. Yes stern makes cheap games and all wood playfields dimple. Operators don't care about these issues because they will just call support. I have unboxed 5 games this year and 4 of them had issues out of the box. I call tech support if there is an issue.

Quoted from meSz:

Another thing that makes me shake my head is everyone blames JJP! This is not a JJP issue it's a Mirco issue. Mirco comes on Pinside all the time selling his products and responds to questions but refuses to address the poor quality product that he has put out. This is JJP 6th machine and, what, 4 out of the 6 have had pf issues ....all supplied by Mirco.
Just another point of view!

But JJP does the final quality control. If you bought any computer or video game console and a hard drive was faulty do you blame the Chinese manufacturer or do you blame Sony, Microsoft, Dell?

1 week later
#5023 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wow u take a little break and the fanboys don't disappoint.
The "stern army" is manipulating the PF polls
Without pictures its not happening and of course its no big deal at all.
and my favorite, unless u own a JJP game ur not allowed an opinion as u will never own one anyway.
I personally don't care about a little pooling or even a small chip but man the bullshit in strong in here.

The only poll i care about is in the cashbox

We received our NIB GnR SE yesterday and I will be unboxing it when I get back to my arcade tomorrow. I want to take pics of the playfield to see what it will look like in a week as I expect 250 - 300 plays in the first week. The flipper rubbers are concerning but I'm just going to replace them with black or titans.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blindseer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype?tu=Blindseer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.