IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #891 Featurette video. Posted by Coz (3 years ago)

Post #897 Full song list Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Post #958 All 3 versions of playfields side by side. Posted by sevenrites (3 years ago)

Post #1172 Keith clarifies Coma rule Posted by pinball_keefer (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2991 3 years ago

Wow, this thread is taxing to read. I think there’s a lot of over analysis going on here.

This game is freakin beautiful. It’s everything modern pinball should be... possibly more.

No rush to buy it if you want to play it first. They’ll be making it a long time.

For the rest of ya: stop sucking the fun out of this release. It’s such good news, all the way around... JJP is alive and well, they have two KILLER designers in house... and they have a hit on their hands.

Just think back 8 years ago. There was nothing remotely close to JJP on the market. Nothing. All we had was Stern and they were treading water. Thank goodness they’ve survived this long... and double thank goodness there’s enough customers to buy what they’re making!!

#3031 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Really looking forward to this game, but 1 question...
Why can't JJP figure out flippers? Seems almost everybody have a comment that they are not as good as Stern's
Is it just a matter of changing factory default settings?

I own 2 JJP games. Have had zero issues dialing them in. Flippers on mine are perfect. So, short answer to your question is: yes.

#3101 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What's your feeling about the upper PF/locks do you think the SE will feel like it's missing too much??

yes

#3225 3 years ago

Did someone say circle jerk?

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 7.02.52 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-13 at 7.02.52 PM (resized).png
#3244 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

- On default settings, GNR may literally have the most time spent in multiball of any game ever, the highest number of types of multiball, and the highest ratio of number of balls/playfield time on an average game (given the frequency of add a ball).

I think #340 on the Pinside Top 400 would beg to differ

#3306 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Ha! I did this on my AC/DC!

Ok... how did you tie those into the game?

#3312 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

These cheap Chinese stage lights have a preset slow movement pattern with an option for sound-activated fast movement patterns. So I hacked the mic input and used a flasher signal to trigger it with a simple opto-coupler interface board that I built. The two moving heads are slaved together with the DMX cable.

Let me guess, you also difused a nuclear bomb with a tampon and a paper clip?

Nice work

#3325 3 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Just double checked the massive playfield disaster. Had to zoom in to 5x to see the totally wrecked playfield. Totally returning this junk box!
Don't think I need a sarcasm tag. GnR is amazing and I am in no way worried about the playfield clear falling apart! Cheers friends!
[quoted image]

Dude. There's a small scrape on that metal post.

My professional opinion is that you're totally f***ed

#3358 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Dunno. Ask Skymont. He's been humping anyone's leg who mentions GnR, yet said that R&M needed a major toy.

He’s getting a CE, ya know

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3569 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m more into ramps and flow than upper PF. I know everyone loves different things.
It’s not all about money but I don’t mind saving $2800. I sold my Tron at $7600 the SE would come in at $300 more.
If it turns out that I miss the LE gameplay likely will be available down the road see a lot of folks swap out one version for another at a later date.
My biggest issue is still the lengthy MB seen the French gameplay he was playing the song at least the first 90 seconds was ball save time. He was playing half attention half dancing because there was nothing to risk. The game doesn’t seem drain monster like some people are saying it seems quite safe like SM. I’ll set my game with less generous ball save time.

Honestly, Phil, I don’t think you should buy it. Play it first... you’re having a lot of concerns about quite a few of the game’s core elements.

There’s zero rush. You have plenty of time to get your hands on one and play it before you drop $7 - $10k

#3781 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They have always offered the radcal upgrade on the le's... wonder y not this time? They wld look so good

Oh, it's coming... on the "Welcome to the Jungle" edition, 2022.

#3829 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Well lets hope there's good news later this week.
It will be interesting how this information comes out and what information ends up here on Pinside about specific distributor allotments and timing...you know that's going to be an ugly conversation...
Its sort of a damned if you do and damned if you don't type situation in terms of JJP coming clean on supply timelines to distributors and in turn, to us as customers...
if they stay silent, it fuels the rumor mill and is bad for reputation and business (see dutch pinball for example of this). if they do share the news and its not good news (i.e. to satisfy all current orders it will take 4-6 months), it fuels the rumor mill and is bad for reputation as well...
And how is that process defined? Are all buyers across a wide network of distributors given a number like what Spooky does? Its easy for them as they sell the vast majority direct! What dealers get what allocation and in what order? The next thing that happens is buyers looking to jump from one distributor to another to find whomever can fulfil their order the fastest...
I just hope for good news. I cant wait to own this machine!!

My distributor, PinballStar, sent an email this weekend. He said:

There are just too many variables at play to guess a timeline for anyone. Anyone giving dates out is just guessing or lying to tell people what they want to hear. The good news is this is a new JJP - bigger factory in Chicago and games were already in production weeks before the reveal so they are full steam ahead - it will not be some multi-month wait before they make real progress like other prior games. We don't have any timelines as yet... We do not know anything yet on LE production schedules or allocations... Please be patient, they have alot of games to make...

#3838 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Totally appreciate the sentiment in that email and the positive outlook but how long is that going to be enough to keep the natives from becoming restless? I really think JJP just needs to come clean on the details as soon as reasonably possible in good faith to the (purported) few thousand buyers with a lot of money committed and ready to hand over. If any of the buyer quantities are actually close to reality, there is anywhere from 25 - 30 million dollars just waiting to flow into JJP hands at this very moment.
That email was pretty carefully crafted. Note the mention of multi-month wait....wait before what? "before they make real progress". Ok, what does that mean? It most certainly does not say that it wont be a multi-month wait before you get your game.

My take home from that email is:
1) Don't listent to distros that are tossing dates out there
2) There's going to be a wait, but it's not going to be Spooky long

#4176 3 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

For additional reference, here are pictures from the GNR on location at Helicon Brewing in Pittsburgh.
There is pooling/bubbling evident on at least half a dozen of the posts (see pics), but I didn't see any chipping yet.
Please note that this particular machine was one of the first to go on location immediately after launch & has been played A LOT.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

WTF... that playfied looks like it's on its way to a no good situation.

#4236 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Not sure where you’re getting 7200 for a premium... the price is 7599 and maybe they give you a 200 discount for paying cash...

You need to find a new distributor.

#4371 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

You have clear coat pooling around your posts on Pirates. Take a closer look

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 11.55.44 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-26 at 11.55.44 AM (resized).png

Unless that's a cutout around a playfield protector... sure looks like pooling

2 weeks later
#5085 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Million dollar question....apparently JJP doesn't feel like its necessary to communicate to its customers....its actually quite shocking that its been over a month and nobody has any idea when their getting their game...I'm in on a CE and its been crickets...

based on JJP's history, I'm not shocked at all.

#5210 3 years ago

I'm trying to think of another product where you place an order with money down... the remainder of the bill is somewhere in the nieghborhood of $9.5K... and the manufacturer provides zero communication about (1) when your product *might* be ready and (2) when you'll be asked to fork over nine to ten grand. Throw on top of that the prospect of reported manufacturing defect on a part of the game.

It really makes begin to question the level of business aptitude of the folks that are running the show. None of this makes any sense.

This time last year I bought a new car. The car had to be built. Yes, it took about 6 weeks for the car to be delivered, but the manufacturer provided me with updates. In fact, I could log in to its website, see an estimated arrival date (which was a range of about 7 days) AND I had status updates as to where the car was in the product process.

Rather mind blowing that JJP can't have the courtesy to – at the minimum – provide some sort date range for delivery so the buyer can prepare to have money ready. Is that too much to ask? The software needed to pull something like that off is available. This is not rocket science... but, geesh, some pinball manufacturers act as if they're operating in the stone age.

#5216 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Try reading the Tesla forum! Exact story line only larger stakes. Since you wanted an example.

Good point. This isn't typical behavior towards consumers, tho.

2 weeks later
#5268 3 years ago
Quoted from mjpinballs:

Pick up some Guns LE at the terminal yesterday . I didn't get to play it much yet but it sure is a nice looking game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like the looks of this "terminal." How do we get there?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 11,000.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype?tu=27dnast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.