pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 111.
#401 3 years ago

If it's Appetite For Destruction Pinball, I'm in.

If there's any other GnR on there, nope.

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Give us a longer time to change our minds on the over priced CE?
That’s why there are still a ton of Wonka CEs sitting in boxes
I’m hoping they change up their strategy but I doubt it
If you have to wait months for a CE and there are 500 of them what’s the point on buying their biggest profit margin game right off the bat? There is none.
Compare that to a Stern LE at 500’games for $9k. Can you rationalize what’s in it for the difference? There is a reason LEs go out first. Copy success!
Let’s hope at least some of those boxes Eric is standing around are CEs
Better get the $$ from dummies like myself before something else comes along or the bloom is off the ROSE.

Buying Stern LE's or JJP CE's is a massive money grab. Most know that theres no game play differences and its just bragging rights or simply that people fall in love with the trim, topper, etc. Its basically the exact same game at a $3K+ price point so no doubt selling CE's first would help with profitability. People would pony up simply because they would get the game before all the LE sales. JJP would get all the buyers that really want the game early, which is exactly what Stern does. If the game hype is real JJP could sell out 250 CE's pretty quickly

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

You had me till best game in the last 20 yr

Coming from someone who has never owned the game let alone any JJP game.

#404 3 years ago

I’m definitely open to buying a CE. But it actually has to be collectible and limited. If they make 500, I’m out. If they do 200-250. I’m in.

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I would say there's zero chance it will be a turd. There is a chance that it won't be the second coming, especially for those who don't worship GnR.

There's a chance every game by every designer could be a turd. I think it will play well though. I can see some Lawlor influence on the pf, so it will shoot well.

The biggest issue is your second point. I don't think gnr has the pull to attract enough big spenders. It would have been a better license for Stern, if that. There are so many other 70s and 80s has-been bands that pretty much everyone can tolerate, like Sabbath, Crue, etc...

#406 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

There's a chance every game by every designer could be a turd. I think it will play well though. I can see some Lawlor influence on the pf, so it will shoot well.
The biggest issue is your second point. I don't think gnr has the pull to attract enough big spenders. It would have been a better license for Stern, if that. There are so many other 70s and 80s has-been bands that pretty much everyone can tolerate, like Sabbath, Crue, etc...

Arn't those pretty much the same buyers? I'd say GNR meets the market demographic spot on. Buyers who are in the 40's/50's who a have the funds to finance a $10K toy purchase. Seems to me that Sabbath and MC would be that same market segment.

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m definitely open to buying a CE. But it actually has to be collectible and limited. If they make 500, I’m out. If they do 200-250. I’m in.

Have they learned their lesson? We will see tomorrow.

I'm right there with you.

100% of nothing is nothing as they say. At $12,500, $3,500 above a Stern LE, is has to be a lower quantity amount.

Sell em out and deliver them right out of the gate! 250

If it's the same old same old, i'll play my other games and pick one up maybe down the line on the secondary market.

This is coming from a "collector" and prime candidate to over pay for your games. Are you listening JJP?

#408 3 years ago

I prefer GNR to sabbath, maiden and crue. I’d spend money on a toy for GNR but not those other bands. I’m certainly not alone in my preference, given how much more life time (and recent) sales have been for GNR compared to those other bands when looking at a multitude of parameters include album sales and concert tickets.

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Goodbye Avengers Infinity hype

Why, WTF does that have to do with GnR? Avengers does nothing for me, not into superhero themes at all but what is the point of bringing that up?

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

100% of nothing is nothing as they say. At $12,500, $3,500 above a Stern LE, is has to be a lower quantity amount.
If it's the same old same old, i'll play my other games and pick one up maybe down the line on the secondary market.
This is coming from a "collector" and prime candidate to over pay for your games. Are you listening JJP?

I hope your right as I want them to start making money. I mean how much more does a CE cost versus an LE? Maybe $500 due to smaller runs and few extras i.e. topper, signed aprons, etc.....thats another $2.5K in profit per machine....thats a lot of profit early in the sales cycle....

#411 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The price difference is not the determining factor for myself. I would rather get a limited right away than wait for a CE. If they did produce the CE first I would definitely jump on it regardless of the price. But I get it. They will sell more quicker at the lower price point.
I like nice pins and I would prefer the CE but not if I have to wait months to get it. LE is still going to be a winner.

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Why, WTF does that have to do with GnR? Avengers does nothing for me, not into superhero themes at all but what is the point of bringing that up?

Stern releasing a new game is just another day, JJP releasing a new game is a spectacle as that's what their games are.

#413 3 years ago

Which model is the Spaghetti Incident one? mmm pasta.

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

There's a chance every game by every designer could be a turd.

Well u could think a certain pin is a turd and I may love it. Something that doesn't sell well isn't a turd. In fact I haven't played a turd yet, might not be my taste but I'll get something of out it. Even 60's ems.

Sabbath is pretty fuckin far from being a "has been" band. Shame on u sir. I've never met a Sabbath fan from 70's and 80's who doesn't still love it. I use to listen to Crue and GnR but now its rare to almost not at all.

#415 3 years ago

Sabbath would've been a great theme.

#416 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern releasing a new game is just another day, JJP releasing a new game is a spectacle as that's what their games are.

Once again Panzer no idea what that has to do with my statement regarding bringing up AIQ in this thread. Stern releasing a new game is not just another day, its a new pin release and that's exciting regardless of the manufacturer

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

well its only a spectacle, because they don't release games very often Lets hope that changes

#418 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Coming from someone who has never owned the game let alone any JJP game.

So have you owned every game made in the last 20 yr's I don't think so

#419 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If the game hype is real JJP could sell out 250 CE's pretty quickly

I agree if 250 it's a sellout

Quoted from NightTrain:

#420 3 years ago

That sure is a lot of excess Willy Wonka games they have in stock...

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

So have you owned every game made in the last 20 yr's I don't think so

No, but I've owned or played most if not all the top rated ones....that being said its a bit of a joke comparing a MM, AFM, MB, TAF, IJ, etc... to modern games. Modern games have code thats far more complex. To this day I haven't figured out if thats a good thing or bad? Theres something about a game with a great layout, nice flow, and has rules that are easy to comprehend yet hard to master. I've owned or own all the JJP games, and honestly I don't know how anyone can come to a conclusion on any of their games without actually owning them. The rules are so complex that to fully appreciate the game u have to own one in a home environment.

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

its a bit of a joke comparing a MM, AFM, MB, TAF, IJ, etc... to modern games.

#423 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Once again Panzer no idea what that has to do with my statement regarding bringing up AIQ in this thread. Stern releasing a new game is not just another day, its a new pin release and that's exciting regardless of the manufacturer

Yeah fair point, I hear ya.

#424 3 years ago

Can’t wait until I can afford these games. Got into pinball 2 years ago picking up my first dream theme (Stern JP). My other 2 dream themes are quite literally Pirates of the Caribbean and Guns and Roses. Hope to someday have both JJP CEs displayed (and played) proudly in my home collection. Until then, I’ll live vicariously though the lucky SOBs on this thread who pull the trigger tomorrow. Great time to be in pinball. Happy flipping!

#425 3 years ago
D853CAD6-0AB6-48D3-A855-7E39A70BBCE6.jpegD853CAD6-0AB6-48D3-A855-7E39A70BBCE6.jpeg
#426 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I agree if 250 it's a sellout

If so they will be gone extremely quickly.
I reckon Slash would be committed to reserving a bunch of the CE models to friends and family and the GnR fan clubs.

#427 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

I would be 100% on board on this as I'm a huge fan of Erik and love JJP production, in the market for something new but one issue....
I fucking hate gnr....sorry
People love to talk about how theme sells game but fact is, hyper specialized whiny spandex wearing 80s rock bands have literally kept me from buying both maiden and now this. I know I'm not the only one.
How about any other genre of music other than rock...why do these things always have to be so white...

wtf did i just read???

#428 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Dialed In release was certainly a spectacle........

I think tomorrow they are going to crush it though.

Potentially a huge seller for JJP.

#429 3 years ago

Hopefully in less than 24 hours this thread will drum up an appetite with so many Natural Notes and Encores!

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I've never met a Sabbath fan from 70's and 80's who doesn't still love it. I use to listen to Crue and GnR but now its rare to almost not at all.

We'll, sir, you are supporting my point. I'm only saying gnr will not have the pull that other choices would have. They don't have the staying power of Sabbath or Motley Crue.

Yes, some on here will buy a gnr machine, but I want jjp to sell a huge amount of machines. Imho, Gnr has zero chance of doing so. Avengers, although I hate it, is a way better theme choice. Why take such risks when you're trying to build a company?

Maybe I'll eat my words, but I see this selling in the Wonka range, maybe DI if they're lucky.

#431 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm hoping JJP competes better on pricing....Here's my guess
SE will be under $7K
LE will go back to DI pricing $9K
CE will probably stay at $12.5K

No way below $7k for a N.I.B. JJP...

#432 3 years ago

Just to clarify your misconception.
GnR possible buy, after I play it.
I'm excited, Go team JJP.

Sabbath on the other hand, are ground breaking GODS.
Iommi is the left hand of Doom.

Black Sabbath is a dream theme, and yes, many of us "care"

Message from the Sabbath Freeeek Kingdom.

20201004_140357 (resized).jpg20201004_140357 (resized).jpg
#433 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Sabbath or Motley Crue.

Motley Crue has no business being mentioned with the likes of Sabbath that's what I'm saying. It would be like GnR and Zeppelin. If JJP#6 was Led Zeppelin it would be a way bigger deal.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

but I see this selling in the Wonka range

Nah, GnR has more chance to sell a ton of units compared to Wonka.

#434 3 years ago

It is easy to dismiss Sabbath if you were not around when they broke. Hell, most all the critics completely slagged Sabbath--but nothing sounded like they did when their first album hit. It was earth shaking and dangerous and reverberated with anyone looking for the next new sound. They completely changed rock music and gave it a new direction to follow--if you chose to go that way. Motley Crue, Cinderella, Poison, Great White, et al--nice money makers and a good time was had by their members, but hardly noteworthy in the history of great rock music.

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Goodbye Avengers Infinity hype

There will be another Stern hype train soon before the end of the year...

#436 3 years ago

Out of Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin or Deep Purple I would rather have the latter.
I like all three though.
Maybe they should have a pin called Unholy Trinity.
This effectively incorporates the above 3 British late 60s rock groups.

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Black Sabbath is a dream theme, and yes, many of us "care"

HardPass (resized).jpgHardPass (resized).jpg
#438 3 years ago

If they did this...

ftGunsNRoses (resized).jpgftGunsNRoses (resized).jpg
#439 3 years ago

highly doubt it but it'd be cool if they had the original Appetite album artist doing the artwork. I don't hate GNR i just don't listen to them as much anymore... that last album was awful.

#440 3 years ago

Guns n Roses Suck !

#441 3 years ago
Quoted from Shinemyballz:

Guns n Roses Suck !

We been dancin' with
Mr. Brownstone
He's been knockin'
He won't' leave me alone
No, no, no
He won't leave me alone

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from Shinemyballz:

Guns n Roses Suck !

Hard to respect one opinion who likes their balls shined

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

It is easy to dismiss Sabbath if you were not around when they broke. Hell, most all the critics completely slagged Sabbath--but nothing sounded like they did when their first album hit. It was earth shaking and dangerous and reverberated with anyone looking for the next new sound. They completely changed rock music and gave it a new direction to follow--if you chose to go that way. Motley Crue, Cinderella, Poison, Great White, et al--nice money makers and a good time was had by their members, but hardly noteworthy in the history of great rock music.

They cut that album for 600.00

#444 3 years ago

Does anyone know what time it will be announced tommorow?

#445 3 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

Does anyone know what time it will be announced tommorow?

I'm not sure.... But....

I get up around seven / Get out of bed around nine / And I don't worry about nothing, no / Because worryings a waste of my time......

#446 3 years ago

Strap in fellow pinheads!! Tomorrow is going to be suooooooooooper fun!

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Buying Stern LE's or JJP CE's is a massive money grab. Most know that theres no game play differences and its just bragging rights or simply that people fall in love with the trim, topper, etc. Its basically the exact same game at a $3K+ price point so no doubt selling CE's first would help with profitability. People would pony up simply because they would get the game before all the LE sales. JJP would get all the buyers that really want the game early, which is exactly what Stern does. If the game hype is real JJP could sell out 250 CE's pretty quickly

agree if 250...but think it will be more.

#448 3 years ago

Just a little patience...

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from Aphex:

highly doubt it but it'd be cool if they had the original Appetite album artist doing the artwork.

Robert Williams! That would be awesome.

32A7279C-7FB3-494F-BDC1-A2CBB304191F (resized).jpeg32A7279C-7FB3-494F-BDC1-A2CBB304191F (resized).jpeg
#450 3 years ago

when/where will this reveal be happening?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/9?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.