pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 111.
#4802 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Do tell ! love to hear what game u think has better flow!

Quoted from Skyemont:

I bet it’s a Stern.

Of corse Stern games have better flow JJP fans have always said Stern games lack toys and upper playfields these are the thing that break up flow. Two or three flippers 6 or 7 lanes few toys = lots of flow

#4803 3 years ago

This could be interesting.

JBL Professional EON618S Portable Self-Powered Subwoofer, 18-Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018KZB1SG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JhyNFbHTVK1CC

#4804 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Of corse Stern games have better flow JJP fans have always said Stern games lack toys and upper playfields these are the thing that break up flow. Two or three flippers 6 or 7 lanes few toys = lots of flow

Of course? I would tend to agree with WOZ (zero flow), and to a lesser degree Hobbit, and POTC .... zero chance u can say that about WW or DI....what Stern game has better flow than WW? .... they don't have one....yes some have great flow (i.e. ST), but their not better...

#4805 3 years ago

Got to play GnR LE at The Pinball Lounge in Oviedo FL (along with AIQ LE)

I didn't notice any pooling or chipping at all.

I did not love GNR much, it's a nice looking game and good build quality and the lighting is great, I just didn't like the overall playing of the game. I didn't like the beginning 'collect the band members' to get to a mode. I understand that's the way it is, but to me it's wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't like the sprinkled on quick MBs 'throw the lights' just happened, I was just flailing away at the upper flipper and just happen to get a quick MB. I think all the quick MBs would become pretty routine after a while.

IMO this is a pin that will have some people who love it and some who don't which is fine, it's just not my type of pin.

#4806 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I did not love GNR much, it's a nice looking game and good build quality and the lighting is great, I just didn't like the overall playing of the game. I didn't like the beginning 'collect the band members' to get to a mode. I understand that's the way it is, but to me it's wasn't my cup of tea. I didn't like the sprinkled on quick MBs 'throw the lights' just happened, I was just flailing away at the upper flipper and just happen to get a quick MB. I think all the quick MBs would become pretty routine after a while.
IMO this is a pin that will have some people who love it and some who don't which is fine, it's just not my type of pin.

Quoted from rai:

So what was your opinion of AIQLE?

#4807 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

#4808 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I really didn't like AIQ too much, the spinner disc wasn't spinning easily and the subway show really slows down the game. I don’'t care for the wide ramp that's shaped like a slipper, it was super easy to hit and so not really satisfying.

I did feel like there was more satisfying shots in AIQ but that GnR was better put together but less satisfying to play.

#4809 3 years ago

I felt the same as well. But damn what a nice looking game.

Quoted from rai:

#4810 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

what did you think of the upper playfield?

#4811 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

This could be interesting.
JBL Professional EON618S Portable Self-Powered Subwoofer, 18-Inch amazon.com link »

Well, why not add another $800.

#4813 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:Got to play GnR LE at The Pinball Lounge in Oviedo FL (along with AIQ LE)

Quoted from rai:

I really didn't like AIQ too much, the spinner disc wasn't spinning easily and the subway show really slows down the game. I don’'t care for the wide ramp that's shaped like a slipper, it was super easy to hit and so not really satisfying.
I did feel like there was more satisfying shots in AIQ but that GnR was better put together but less satisfying to play.

Have not played the GNR, was lucky enough to get a CE and I will probably play it when it is delivered in 2022 or 2023 , I can't wait to play the GNR, but I do have an AIQ LE in my home and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it is hard to not love the shots, flow and play on the AIQ. The AIQ is definitely in need of better call outs, only Thanos is memorable and impactful. The Code at .92 is good but not yet great. The spinning Disk, I think is done very well, and the way they used it to randomize the shots, to start the Dr. strange gem and 1/2 way trough the mind gem was brilliant (maybe the one they had at the place you played needed to be fixed?). I think in the long run AIQ will be a more loved game than even Jurassic Park, if they can make the Avengers call outs not so damn boring (although I do love my JP). I have a Wonka as well and love the game, lots of shots, but no way does it flow like any Elwin game or Elvira. Wonka is great for a many, many reasons, but outstanding flow or fast play is not one of them.

#4814 3 years ago

The closer I look at the cabinet artwork on the LE, the more I love it. Awesome stuff.

2BDB9CB7-8436-4582-9AB9-F152AFF259EF (resized).jpeg2BDB9CB7-8436-4582-9AB9-F152AFF259EF (resized).jpeg33515566-AB30-4D17-BBAB-8A0ECA20A714 (resized).jpeg33515566-AB30-4D17-BBAB-8A0ECA20A714 (resized).jpeg7E506E23-167D-4E2E-8BB7-7C7CACA48762 (resized).jpeg7E506E23-167D-4E2E-8BB7-7C7CACA48762 (resized).jpeg9B20056B-25B8-493A-AEEC-068A4D474C4A (resized).jpeg9B20056B-25B8-493A-AEEC-068A4D474C4A (resized).jpegCF76DC7D-8F58-4A73-A8F0-DE28708246C4 (resized).jpegCF76DC7D-8F58-4A73-A8F0-DE28708246C4 (resized).jpegE6D89586-08FF-4498-9C98-E29750265968 (resized).jpegE6D89586-08FF-4498-9C98-E29750265968 (resized).jpeg
#4815 3 years ago
Quoted from mwthatch:

Have not played the GNR, was lucky enough to get a CE and I will probably play it when it is delivered in 2022 or 2023 , I can't wait to play the GNR, but I do have an AIQ LE in my home and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it is hard to not love the shots, flow and play on the AIQ. The AIQ is definitely in need of better call outs, only Thanos is memorable and impactful. The Code at .92 is good but not yet great. The spinning Disk, I think is done very well, and the way they used it to randomize the shots, to start the Dr. strange gem and 1/2 way trough the mind gem was brilliant (maybe the one they had at the place you played needed to be fixed?). I think in the long run AIQ will be a more loved game than even Jurassic Park, if they can make the Avengers call outs not so damn boring (although I do love my JP). I have a Wonka as well and love the game, lots of shots, but no way does it flow like any Elwin game or Elvira. Wonka is great for a many, many reasons, but outstanding flow or fast play is not one of them.

Ya, I agree. AIQ is super fun to shoot and the spinning disk is done very well. The Avengers callouts are weak, and more needs to be done. Recent code is a little better for the callus, but they still have a ways to go. I think Stern will do it though.

#4816 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The closer I look at the cabinet artwork on the LE, the more I love it. Awesome stuff.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really love that artwork.

#4817 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I really love that artwork.

#4818 3 years ago

My game chipped last night after only showing the very slightest site of pooling. It was so slight I never posted it but it went from slight to bare wood in one round of games. I’ve contacted my distributor but I’m kinda disgusted. I had pooling on my Pirates and Wonka and sold them because of that and the games didn’t do that much for me, but I’ve been enjoying G n R and the pooling was only just beginning to become apparent. To go straight from fine to a chunk of art popping off really makes me wonder what the game will look like at 500 games or more.
It’s only chipped at the bottom of the left sling but I see at least two other spots that had the same slight pool around them.

97880BF7-7196-4ACF-A9F0-0785606DFBB5 (resized).jpeg97880BF7-7196-4ACF-A9F0-0785606DFBB5 (resized).jpegF5A8900A-B3A2-43D2-B208-19A3001E5D24 (resized).jpegF5A8900A-B3A2-43D2-B208-19A3001E5D24 (resized).jpegE88B09C2-4E51-4056-BFA3-6DA7B301B72C (resized).jpegE88B09C2-4E51-4056-BFA3-6DA7B301B72C (resized).jpegE04ADAA1-E397-4DEE-80CA-B269A6E76C28 (resized).jpegE04ADAA1-E397-4DEE-80CA-B269A6E76C28 (resized).jpegD8507846-3869-4C7F-9707-7411C4B284D6 (resized).jpegD8507846-3869-4C7F-9707-7411C4B284D6 (resized).jpeg55D5D215-9D44-4954-8A54-A9BDCB38D815 (resized).jpeg55D5D215-9D44-4954-8A54-A9BDCB38D815 (resized).jpeg
#4819 3 years ago

Is the post loose or something? How the heck does it crack from that side of the post? That sucks dude

#4820 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

My game chipped last night after only showing the very slightest site of pooling. It was so slight I never posted it but it went from slight to bare wood in one round of games. I’ve contacted my distributor but I’m kinda disgusted. I had pooling on my Pirates and Wonka and sold them because of that and the games didn’t do that much for me, but I’ve been enjoying G n R and the pooling was only just beginning to become apparent. To go straight from fine to a chunk of art popping off really makes me wonder what the game will look like at 500 games or more.
It’s only chipped at the bottom of the left sling but I see at least two other spots that had the same slight pool around them.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm sorry to see that. It's unbelievable that this is still happening. What the heck these companies should learn to at least leave the area around the posts blank?!? Why is this still a thing? Is the paint now eco friendly?

#4821 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry man, JJP can't get the Spectrum playfield soon enough. This is looking terrible for Mirco.

#4822 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Sorry man, JJP can't get the Spectrum playfield soon enough. This is looking terrible for Mirco.

Wasn’t it established that these are the spectrum playfields ?

#4823 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Oh, I hope not.

nail in coffin (resized).jpgnail in coffin (resized).jpg

Or 20 years from now everyone will say. Oh don't worry about that, they were all like that.

#4824 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Oh, I hope not.
[quoted image]
Or 20 years from now everyone will say. Oh don't worry about that, they were all like that.

According to Mircos site they are and JJP says there is no new play field coming. Would be pretty insane to make a couple of hundred games with shitty playfields knowing a better product was on the way.

#4825 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I know. Glad to see The Netherlands Nijmegen concert also represented on the right side of the cabinet. Windmills anyone?

#4826 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Quoted from nicoy3k:

They. Are. Not. Called. Spectrum. Playfields.

He did the demo of his clearcoat on a playfield for a game called Spectrum.

#4827 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

They. Are. Not. Called. Spectrum. Playfields.
He did the demo of his clearcoat on a playfield for a game called Spectrum.

I was wondering how long until you posted this. They are now.

#4828 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

They.Are.Not.Called.Spectrum.Playfields.

Quoted from flynnibus:

We never had to have a name for the 'bad' playfields

i have some suggestions for branding these playfields.

how about "suspect-rum" playfields,
or "we dont inspect-em" playfields,
or perhaps "wrecked-em" playfields.

i think we should just call them "rectum" playfields,
because anyone who gets one is surely taking it up the ass.

#4829 3 years ago

Does anyone know when Mirco plans to roll out the spectrum playfield process? Seemed unclear from the video.

#4830 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does anyone know when Mirco plans to roll out the spectrum playfield process? Seemed unclear from the video.

He's been selling Spectrum playfields for about 3 months.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mircoplayfields-spectrum-repro-playfields-are-ready

#4831 3 years ago

I think he was asking about Mirco's new patented 'Spectrum' branded clearcoat process.

#4832 3 years ago

No I was talking about the new clearcoat process called Spectrum. It’s in the expo video with the baby.

#4833 3 years ago

Didn’t a Pinsider already call JJP to enquire about this?
There apparently will be no different playfields from what’s being rolled out.
That leads me to believe the GnRs are already furnished with the latest Micro Playturds TM.

#4834 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I think he was asking about Mirco's new patented 'Spectrum' branded clearcoat process.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

No I was talking about the new clearcoat process called Spectrum. It’s in the expo video with the baby.

You guys are just going to be willfully ignorant on this, huh.

#4835 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I’m sorry to see this man, that is just awful and of course unacceptable. I really hope you get satisfaction. What a bummer

I have to ask, is your pin regarded by JJP as a Prototype?

#4836 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I’m sorry to see this man, that is just awful and of course unacceptable. I really hope you get satisfaction. What a bummer
I have to ask, is your pin regarded by JJP as a Prototype?

It was one of the first hundred produced and used at the Cointaker SAPS tailgate. It had 70 plays on it , no playfield or mechanical issues so I thought I was in the clear.

#4837 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You guys are just going to be willfully ignorant on this, huh.

You are being trolled Derek.

#4838 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Can confirm

#4839 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

It was one of the first hundred produced and used at the Cointaker SAPS tailgate. It had 70 plays on it , no playfield or mechanical issues so I thought I was in the clear.

Well that’s at least 2 x cases we have seen it chip extensively down to bare wood at the slings. Not small but large, that’s definitely a combat indicator somethings not right!

#4840 3 years ago

Wow that sucks....be interesting to see what the distributor, and JJP says about this....ignoring these issues is not the answer

#4841 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

From a guy who has pins from every manufacturer, good honest opinion on 2 very different new games. Good answer

#4844 3 years ago

I know people have said no new "process" is coming as it's already here and Mirco has said this..okay fine...but they obviously made a switch at some point based on the pinball expo vid. I'm just curious if the rollout of these initial playfields was part of the old process, so what we're seeing is the leftovers and haven't really seen anything new yet in terms of new LE clears that weren't sitting around for launch ...I have yet to see an SE chipping, only the 1st 100 LE's, granted they are shipping with washers but maybe that's just for extra precaution.... To admit there is a problem with the 1st hundred would be bad $$$...so a case by case basis is what is probably occurring. Eventually, I bet these issues go away with the CE and new LE's being built. That is my wishful thinking anyways

#4845 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Agree. I'd love to own some of the Lithographs that are featured on the cabinet. Is there anywhere other than Ebay where people sell these pieces?

#4846 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

According to Mircos site they are

Where?

#4847 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

That leads me to believe the GnRs are already furnished with the latest Micro Playturds TM.

Or there already tons of playfields already made and JJP has every intent of running through...

Or its just a way to deflect what otherwise would be demands for replacements that are only the new stuff...

#4848 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yeah but the sad thing is how many lemmings will clamp on and roll with it...

#4849 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Man that's sad.
Very sorry you have to go through this on a new pin.

GL with a solution.

I'll just assume mine will be the same in time.

#4850 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Agree. I'd love to own some of the Lithographs that are featured on the cabinet. Is there anywhere other than Ebay where people sell these pieces?

All-encompassing lithograph thread on one of the biggest GNR forums:

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/215649-tour-lithographs-and-show-specific-artwork/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 11,000.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.