pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 111.
#4751 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

people just want a sound bar because the CE has it. It's a total gimmick, sound bars don't even produce high quality audio.

Correct..... Trying to make a CE out of "not" a CE...

Quality is not there with a soundbar, agree.

#4752 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:At minimum you will need an amp. I would look for powered speakers, it will save you some hassle.

Yeah that’s what I am afraid of. I used to have an amp for my home audio system. Speaker hum is very hard to contain when you try and reduce down to a headphone jack with large speakers. Maybe a pair of powered speakers and I can order some “Marshall” or “peavy” emblems

#4753 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Your wasting your time....the guy has probably never owned nor is planning to own any JJP game...he just likes to jump into JJP threads and stir up shit + can you really trust the opinion of a guy who rates AC/DC Pro above LOTR, TZ, AFM, DI, and the Hobbit....come on man! and yes I own a AC/DC BIB, which is a fun game, but many others get turned on before that one (and their my favorite band).

Wrong Sarah, I bought Smaug NIB and owned WOZLE for about 4 years. I've also played every game they have put out. Granted I didn't get enough games in on Pirates and Wonka on location to make a fair assessment, but first impressions weren't overly great. And I don't buy pros Sarah, I have all Premiums and LEs in my collection so have no idea what you're referring to when you say I rate ACDC pro above those titles...I think you're confused here...

#4754 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Yeah that’s what I am afraid of. I used to have an amp for my home audio system. Speaker hum is very hard to contain when you try and reduce down to a headphone jack with large speakers. Maybe a pair of powered speakers and I can order some “Marshall” or “peavy” emblems

Peavey sells powered speakers: https://peavey.com/pv-115d-2-way-powered-speaker/p/03602020

I have no idea how good they are, but I imagine they would be pretty nice.

#4755 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Wrong Sarah, I bought Smaug NIB and owned WOZLE for about 4 years. I've also played every game they have put out. Granted I didn't get enough games in on Pirates and Wonka on location to make a fair assessment, but first impressions weren't overly great. And I don't buy pros Sarah, I have all Premiums and LEs in my collection so have no idea what you're referring to when you say I rate ACDC pro above those titles...I think you're confused here...

Different pin sider.....as someone who has owned many great games i.e. Sterns, JJP, B/W I can say that playing JJP games on route is a major challenge. The code is so deep and takes so much time to comprehend its almost impossible on route...I don't think theres a game out there that has better flow than Wonka, and POTC is just loaded with things to do, but doesn't have much flow.

#4756 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is there anyone who bought this pin and loves it but also bought Hobbit and was very disappointed in it? I think all JJP pins are beautiful, built like tanks, and the emersion with the theme is always top notch...but I've struggled finding a JJP that i really LOVED shooting...that I thought was a blast to play and had staying power. I would love to play and buy GNR because I did love the band growing up, and it does look beautiful...but is it fun to shoot? is it clunky? I thought Hobbit's biggest downfall was the over reliance on multiballs and the lack of shots (unless you are content with drop targets and MM pop up trolls without any fun ramps or long satisfying shots on the playfield)

Wonka. Splendid game.

#4757 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

I am going to put these on GnR. Just haven’t figured out exactly how yet but I am determined to have the ability to ring my ears like a GnR concert.
[quoted image]

OK now I have to do this too. Is there an audio out that will work with this mixer? I have two powered speakers just sitting around...

jbl (resized).jpgjbl (resized).jpgmixer (resized).jpgmixer (resized).jpg
#4758 3 years ago

Pretty sure the game has a 3.5mm out that would go into the mixer via one of the line in inputs.

#4759 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty sure the game has a 3.5mm out that would go into the mixer via one of the line in inputs.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=665

Monoprice 6ft 3.5mm Stereo Plug/2 RCA Plug Cable, Black

#4760 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

OK now I have to do this too. Is there an audio out that will work with this mixer? I have two powered speakers just sitting around...[quoted image][quoted image]

I would go from the game direct to the speakers and skip the mixer if possible.

1/8" (3.5mm) to dual 1/4"

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CMP159--hosa-cmp-159-stereo-breakout-3.5mm-trs-to-dual-1-4-inch-ts-10-foot

#4761 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Manual does show a headphone jack, setup our game at night so maybe just didn't notice it...

jack (resized).pngjack (resized).png
#4762 3 years ago

This thread has a severe lack of people having games to play. It’s leading to lots of people being a dick.

Remember, don’t be a dick.

I’m really looking forward to getting my GNR!

#4763 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

I am going to put these on GnR. Just haven’t figured out exactly how yet but I am determined to have the ability to ring my ears like a GnR concert.
[quoted image]

Not sure how serious you guys are with the PA speakers, but that isn't a good choice. You would definitely want powered speakers so you don't need to deal with a power amp, or a mixer.

I've seen some guys mention guitar amps too. This is an even worse idea. Guitar amps are not full range.

If I had the room and the cash I'd probably buy a pair of QSC K.2 Series 8". I use the 12" for live sound and it's easily loud enough for 3-400 person rooms. Admittedly haven't used anything Peavey in many years, but they were known for being cheap and loud. Not for sounding good.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/K8.2--qsc-k8.2-2000w-8-inch-powered-speaker?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organicpla

You could also go with powered studio monitors. I have these on my desk. Unfortunately they get used more for Youtube than home recording these days, but they crank. There are several versions and price points, these are ones I have.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Rokit5G4--krk-rokit-5-g4-5-inch-powered-studio-monitor

#4765 3 years ago

Oh I'm serious, have two of these.
amazon.com link »

Nice! I had an older generation of those powered Eons. I put hundreds of gigs on them, they were great.

#4766 3 years ago

I have a Fender PA. Maybe I could use that ?

LTG : )

pa (resized).jpgpa (resized).jpg
#4767 3 years ago

So wouldn’t Bluetooth capabilities allow the game to send the signal to a receiver or wireless sub/sound bar? Am I thinking of this backwards

#4769 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It will have a delay.

Maybe it will catch up by the time games are delivered.

#4770 3 years ago

I just played about 10 or so games on the LE at Silverball Museum in Asbury Park. I wanted to like it so much but I just felt that the game play was underwhelming. The lights show was amazing but the shots were just not there. Lots of block shots, the geometry I felt was off and it was so multiball heavy that it did not feel rewarding to achieve a multiball. Maybe this will change with code but I walked away feeling $9,500 richer. Maybe the SE will flow better, the upper playfield did not do anything for me. It was by no means horrible and was such a beautiful pin and maybe I set myself up for disappointment with all the hype.

#4771 3 years ago

The reward isn’t getting the multiballs. It’s what those multiballs lead too. If you use them correctly, they lead to massive song jackpot collects.

#4772 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I just played about 10 or so games on the LE at Silverball Museum in Asbury Park. I wanted to like it so much but I just felt that the game play was underwhelming. The lights show was amazing but the shots were just not there. Lots of block shots, the geometry I felt was off and it was so multiball heavy that it did not feel rewarding to achieve a multiball. Maybe this will change with code but I walked away feeling $9,500 richer. Maybe the SE will flow better, the upper playfield did not do anything for me. It was by no means horrible and was such a beautiful pin and maybe I set myself up for disappointment with all the hype.

While I disagree with you, I appreciate a substantive opinion without an obvious agenda. I hope you can give the game another try, hopefully in a home environment.

#4773 3 years ago

I look forward to be able to play it in a home environment.

Quoted from Mr68:

While I disagree with you, I appreciate a substantive opinion without an obvious agenda. I hope you can give the game another try, hopefully in a home environment.

#4774 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Done with the matter of deposits?

Maybe. Lots more chapters to be written. "We got fun and games!"

#4775 3 years ago

I'm going to turn into the mascots on the machine, waiting for my LE to ship from JJP. Not in this Lifetime indeed....

d5d11db502d0d15b098fd40568910479 (resized).jpgd5d11db502d0d15b098fd40568910479 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4776 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't think theres a game out there that has better flow than Wonka

There's plenty.
Might be the best flowing JJP game.

#4777 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

There's plenty.

Do tell ! love to hear what game u think has better flow!

#4778 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don’t know what game has better flow than Stern Star Trek. That said, I sold mine to get a DI. I love DI. It has great flow. But, Star Trek was all buttery flow combo shots. I’ve only played Wonka a few times. It didn’t seem to have the flow of ST. I’m not saying one is better than the other. But in terms of flow, ST wins.

#4779 3 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

I'm going to turn into the mascots on the machine, waiting for my LE to ship from JJP. Not in this Lifetime indeed....
[quoted image]

Hahahahaha! Lol

#4780 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I bet it’s a Stern.

#4781 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I bet it’s a Stern.

Stern say it again,what is it good for absolutely easier to move Uh!

#4782 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I bet it’s a Stern.

Quoted from romulusx:

Stern say it again,what is it good for absolutely easier to move Uh!

I didn't say Wonka doesn't flow it does, vey well but I just don't think its the best flowing game out there. Not listing anything. Some are Bally and Williams and even a couple Data East and yeah Stern that flow better in my opinion. If u guys want to start a thread regarding best flowing pins I will bet Wonka does not rank #1. Is that ok?

#4783 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I didn't say Wonka doesn't flow it does, vey well but I just don't think its the best flowing game out there. Not listing anything. Some are Bally and Williams and even a couple Data East and yeah Stern that flow better in my opinion. If u guys want to start a thread regarding best flowing pins I will bet Wonka does not rank #1. Is that ok?

Bro, check out that flowwillywonka_s878x586 (resized).jpgwillywonka_s878x586 (resized).jpg

That's a sick flow.

#4784 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I didn't say Wonka doesn't flow it does, vey well but I just don't think its the best flowing game out there. Not listing anything. Some are Bally and Williams and even a couple Data East and yeah Stern that flow better in my opinion. If u guys want to start a thread are best flowing pins I will bet Wonka does not rank #1. Is that ok?

I've owned many of those game, and none have better flow...some have great flow, and are on par with WW, but their not better....and yes I owned a STLE for a while it also had great flow, but its not better than WW....so whats the best flowing game out there?

#4785 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

so whats the best flowing game out there?

It’s not Wonka. Star Trek is tough to beat. But Avengers definitely is a much better shooter than Wonka, and the game that Wonka’s layout copies shoots better (Dredd)

#4786 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s not Wonka. Star Trek is tough to beat. But Avengers definitely is a much better shooter than Wonka, and the game that Wonka’s layout copies shoots better (Dredd)

Ha u lost me at JD....I owned a STLE for a while and yes it has great flow, but its not better.....Avengers? I haven't played it yet so can't really comment.

#4787 3 years ago

Spider-Man

#4788 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Ha u lost me at JD....I owned a STLE for a while and yes it has great flow, but its not better.....Avengers? I haven't played it yet so can't really comment.

You seriously can’t dog Dredd if you like Wonka. They are almost the same layout. Haha. The combos are better and smoother on Dredd. Drops or gobstopper? Neither are that fun to shoot, but there’s a lot more to the drops and scoop than the gobstopper as far as rules.

#4789 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You seriously can’t dog Dredd if you like Wonka. They are almost the same layout. Haha. The combos are better and smoother on Dredd. Drops or gobstopper? Neither are that fun to shoot, but there’s a lot more to the drops and scoop than the gobstopper as far as rules.

Let me be clear I'm not dogging JD, but they don't shoot the same.

#4790 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Let me be clear I'm not dogging JD, but they don't shoot the same.

Agreed. Dredd shoots better.

#4791 3 years ago

I sure hope the production of GNR is FLOWing.. as we don't know where it's GOING.. and there's no easy way of KNOWing.. knowing

#4792 3 years ago

amazon.com link »

Are these for your GnR?

#4793 3 years ago

amazon.com link »

Those are freakin sick!!

#4794 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed. Dredd shoots better.

I had JD for 5 years your right about some of the layout similarities but WW flows better simply because the ball doesn’t travel as far to get back to you so it’s quicker .

#4795 3 years ago

Got to luv how these threads go with turning into arguments over which JJP is better for whatever reason. Not that different than other threads with no new news and people just want to hang out.

#4796 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Got to luv how these threads go with turning into arguments over which JJP is better for whatever reason. Not that different than other threads with no new news and people just want to hang out.

It’s well known that all new JJP game threads turn into a battle over the Hobbit

#4797 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

It’s well known that all new JJP game threads turn into a battle over the Hobbit

I liked the Hobbit Vs LOTR thread for the first couple pages, then rinse and repeat.

#4798 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Hobbit?!

Hobbit is freakishlu awesome

#4799 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Maybe it will catch up by the time games are delivered.

#4800 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

This thread has a severe lack of people having games to play. It’s leading to lots of people being a dick.
Remember, don’t be a dick.
I’m really looking forward to getting my GNR!

Head over to the owners thread. Fewer dicks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,000.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Crestview, FL
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/96?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.