pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 111.
#4701 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

You are right Stern cant keep up and took shit for saying so when Gary said they have 5000 games on order. In the end it comes to do you have to put down $1000 when ordering a Stern game that you will wait months to get

Depends on the distributor - last round of LE's down here we had to pay $10k upfront and wait 2-3months. This was for AIQLE and they still havent been delivered here.

If Stern are so delayed, i'd expect some US distro's will start asking for deposits to lock in spots also.

#4702 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Has anyone with an LE installed the Bose sound bar yet? Was it just plug in or did you need any special connections/amps?

There are heaps of posts in the owners thread about soundbars and subs, if you don't have your game yet then I would suggest playing it first as you might find the sound is good enough. Also most think a sub is needed more than a soundbar.

#4703 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

There are heaps of posts in the owners thread about soundbars and subs, if you don't have your game yet then I would suggest playing it first as you might find the sound is good enough. Also most think a sub is needed more than a soundbar.

I did a search for sound bars and only found a handful of posts about theorizing it.

#4704 3 years ago

people just want a sound bar because the CE has it. It's a total gimmick, sound bars don't even produce high quality audio.

#4705 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

people just want a sound bar because the CE has it. It's a total gimmick, sound bars don't even produce high quality audio.

Even the Bose? Wow, I'd have thought it would be pretty good.

#4706 3 years ago

Even the Bose? Wow, I'd have thought it would be pretty good.

ask any audiophile what they think of Bose

#4707 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Where bose shines is getting pretty good sound out of a very small speaker, are they audiophile quality? I would say no but not everyone wants giant tower speakers all over their family room and this is where bose comes in, very discreet.

I’m amazed nobody gave the Marshall amp speaker a try, it totally blows the sound bars away and looks like a rock band piece of equipment.

#4708 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The audiophiles I've known broke it down like: Basic manufactured speakers are 50% of what your sound could be, Bose is 80% and good enough for most people.

#4709 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Where bose shines is getting pretty good sound out of a very small speaker, are they audiophile quality? I would say no but not everyone wants giant tower speakers all over their family room and this is where bose comes in, very discreet.
I’m amazed nobody gave the Marshall amp speaker a try, it totally blows the sound bars away and looks like a rock band piece of equipment.

I don't disagree at all, but the exact same thing can be said of the stock sound system in GnR. A Bose sound bar adds very little to nothing.

#4710 3 years ago

Is there anyone who bought this pin and loves it but also bought Hobbit and was very disappointed in it? I think all JJP pins are beautiful, built like tanks, and the emersion with the theme is always top notch...but I've struggled finding a JJP that i really LOVED shooting...that I thought was a blast to play and had staying power. I would love to play and buy GNR because I did love the band growing up, and it does look beautiful...but is it fun to shoot? is it clunky? I thought Hobbit's biggest downfall was the over reliance on multiballs and the lack of shots (unless you are content with drop targets and MM pop up trolls without any fun ramps or long satisfying shots on the playfield)

#4711 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is there anyone who bought this pin and loves it but also bought Hobbit and was very disappointed in it? I think all JJP pins are beautiful, built like tanks, and the emersion with the theme is always top notch...but I've struggled finding a JJP that i really LOVED shooting...that I thought was a blast to play and had staying power. I would love to play and buy GNR because I did love the band growing up, and it does look beautiful...but is it fun to shoot? is it clunky? I thought Hobbit's biggest downfall was the over reliance on multiballs and the lack of shots (unless you are content with drop targets and MM pop up trolls without any fun ramps or long satisfying shots on the playfield)

Try a Dialed In LE, one from a home collection preferably.

#4712 3 years ago

Was gonna say, I just got a DI and it shoots amazingly well. SE or LE are the same game for DI.

#4713 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Was gonna say, I just got a DI and it shoots amazingly well. SE or LE are the same game for DI.

It's lacking light show though, which is king with JJP.

#4714 3 years ago

It's lacking light show though, which is king with JJP.

not at all, it doesn't have some crappy string LEDs on a ramp. The light show is 99% the playfield.

#4715 3 years ago

I did a search for sound bars and only found a handful of posts about theorizing it.

Look at my posts in the owners thread

#4716 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I don't disagree at all, but the exact same thing can be said of the stock sound system in GnR. A Bose sound bar adds very little to nothing.

I agree, soundbar paired to the acoustimass sub like the bose 300 soundbar would improve the sound but that isn’t what people are doing likely due to cost. I have this and sounds good streaming music, nice tight efficient bass.

Something many don’t realize is soundbars are designed to increase output of center channel dialogue that many large flat panel TVs can’t put out due to shitty speakers and location. Not really intended for a music sound stage.

#4717 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Ive owned all the JJP games, and Wonka is by FAR the best shooter...followed by DI

#4718 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I thought Hobbit's biggest downfall was the over reliance on multiballs and the lack of shots (unless you are content with drop targets and MM pop up trolls without any fun ramps or long satisfying shots on the playfield)

If you don't like the Hobbit that's fair enough , that's your opinion .
Besides the 11 drop targets , 4 bash toys and 2 ramps it also has 13 stand up targets , 3 gobble holes , 2 orbit spinners , 1 captive ball and 4 rollovers .
So don't give me that crap about there's nothing to shoot for .

#4719 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Besides the 11 drop targets , 4 bash toys and 2 ramps it also has 13 stand up targets , 3 gobble holes , 2 orbit spinners , 1 captive ball and 4 rollovers .

THERE IS NOTHING TO SHOOT FOR. Game sucks. I bought it NIB, and I'm entitled to my opinion. Thanks.

#4720 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Hobbit is a great game with really good theme integration....it just shoots differently than WW or DI....u get a little of everything with JJP games

#4721 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

THERE IS NOTHING TO SHOOT FOR. Game sucks. I bought it NIB, and I'm entitled to my opinion. Thanks.

Well thats a stretch, but some games are not for everyone....If you like flow games WW is your game unless u don't like the theme...in my house theme does matter

#4722 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Well thats a stretch, but some games are not for everyone....If you like flow games WW is your game unless u don't like the theme...in my house theme does matter

You do realize you're trying to convince a Stern boy?

#4723 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

How bout during wizard modes? My arms usually get weak from playing it a few times in one game. Then there is Hobbit’s final wizard mode that may end up in the game yet. That would be something to shoot for. And if all else fails, try to watch as much of the video as you can while you play.

#4724 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

The first thing I said was it's your opinion fair enough .
It has 39 things you can shoot for , not including pops or slings .
Good luck finding a pin with more to go for .

#4725 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

You do realize you're trying to convince a Stern boy?

All good....WW shoots as good if not better than every game in his collection, and I've owned most of those

#4726 3 years ago

You know you’re a fanboi when you bring up rollovers, pops, and slings in a discussion about things to shoot for... lol

#4727 3 years ago

After learning all the feature names, listening to the complete rule set, rewatching the complete dvd movie collection and playing 50 games on the Hobbit, Grumpy cat gives us his review.

FBEC031D-2EC1-4F8E-AF88-FD9029AB9CCE (resized).jpegFBEC031D-2EC1-4F8E-AF88-FD9029AB9CCE (resized).jpeg
#4728 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You know you’re a fanboi when you bring up rollovers, pops, and slings in a discussion about things to shoot for... lol

Yes I am a fan of The Hobbit that's why I brought it .
The upper left sling does help to hit the drop Targets and stand-up targets on dwarf , the rollovers you need to lock balls and the pops are needed for modes .
Obviously you can't get your head around , these are things to shoot for .

#4729 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yes I am a fan of The Hobbit that's why I brought it .
The upper left sling does help to hit the drop Targets and stand-up targets on dwarf , the rollovers you need to lock balls and the pops are needed for modes .
Obviously you can't get your head around , these are things to shoot for .

Give that Thunder from Down Under!

#4730 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Completing the four arkenostones on the screen is something to shoot for. Lots to shoot for to kill Smaug.

#4731 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Hitting things gets old I think cmcmpt felt it may have needed more flow just off the top of my head G&R has atleast 5 shots that go somewhere loops ramps the upper flipper shot a captive ball can help the rules but is not satisfying

#4732 3 years ago

I'm happy for you audiophiles that want to hear a bra stretching sound when Dolly Parton hits a high note in the studio. I just don't have that sophisticated of an ear to care while I play pinball.

#4733 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Give that Thunder from Down Under!

I know it's a GNR thread and I don't want to go off topic but when people say The Hobbit has nothing to shoot for , I will say something .
No one ever says Mediaeval Madness , Attack From Mars , Monster Bash have nothing to shoot for , but The Hobbit has nothing to go for ?
If you don't like the theme or the game I totally understand but to say there's nothing to shoot for is just wrong .

#4734 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I am sure there are EM games with over 25 drops or stationary targets that does not make them good games

#4735 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I Thought about it but the internals for the Marshall speaker are heavily geared for the Bass.
I'm no expert but would the Marshall not be wasted, if the link from the JJP soundcard only sends audio minus the bass to the head unit + Sound bar?

If you look at a Bose TV Sound Bar for example it specifically has a jack to connect the sub to the Sound Bar, but not sure if any bass would go this route.... best to do the sub external from the base unit in the pin cab.

Question is, is the Bass routed differently in a JJP pin from the other audio? Never had a JJP, I'm just guessing.....

#4736 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I know it's a GNR thread and I don't want to go off topic but when people say The Hobbit has nothing to shoot for , I will say something .
No one ever says Mediaeval Madness , Attack From Mars , Monster Bash have nothing to shoot for , but The Hobbit has nothing to go for ?
If you don't like the theme or the game I totally understand but to say there's nothing to shoot for is just wrong .

Extra Ball always makes me happy.
2 shots and not easy.

#4737 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You forgot the third flipper that you use to shoot...

#4738 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I think the theme and code save the game from an otherwise uninspiring layout.

#4739 3 years ago

I am going to put these on GnR. Just haven’t figured out exactly how yet but I am determined to have the ability to ring my ears like a GnR concert.

B77B2D3C-8B12-43AD-9DD3-A7FE557229FD (resized).jpegB77B2D3C-8B12-43AD-9DD3-A7FE557229FD (resized).jpeg
#4740 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

I am going to put these on GnR. Just haven’t figured out exactly how yet but I am determined to have the ability to ring my ears like a GnR concert.
[quoted image]

Let us know. That looks pretty cool.

#4741 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I am sure there are EM games with over 25 drops or stationary targets that does not make them good games

The Hobbit has 3 subways with diverterters , a kickback , golum save ball , 31 modes , three mini wizard modes , one wizard mode , a talking dragon , and full video assets of all three movies .
I don't know why you would try to compare that to an EM .

#4742 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The Hobbit has 3 subways with diverterters , a kickback , golum save ball , 31 modes , three mini wizard modes , one wizard mode , a talking dragon , and full video assets of all three movies .

My Brother lives on Hobbit when he visits.
Like 5 hours each time.

Now I have had many many pins over the years but this is by far his favorite.
Use to be Indiana pinball Adventure but more over 1990s the JJP company beats them all.

#4743 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

You forgot the third flipper that you use to shoot...

You are correct , the third Flipper has nothing to go for besides the elf Targets , the Balin gobble hole , the dwarf targets , the left ramp , The Captive ball , the right ramp , mystery stand up , Radagast gobble hole , besides that it's totally useless .

#4744 3 years ago

I'm currently leasing games during corona.
I've had jp stern, dialed in, stranger things and now hobbit.
Hobbit is miles above. A truuly awesome pin.
Two small negatives....
1. Into the fire, barrel run and battle is awesome, but easy to attain and makes me want more.
2. The upper flipper. As it is, it's pretty much useless and i think kaneda was onto something when stating they probably made it for some interaction shot with smaug, but couldnt get it to work.

Awesome machine, not a masterpiece but not far from and the only one of thoose mentioned i'm going to want back when our gameroom is completed.

#4745 3 years ago

Anyone got an se in stock? Ready to head out the door?

#4746 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Your wasting your time....the guy has probably never owned nor is planning to own any JJP game...he just likes to jump into JJP threads and stir up shit + can you really trust the opinion of a guy who rates AC/DC Pro above LOTR, TZ, AFM, DI, and the Hobbit....come on man! and yes I own a AC/DC BIB, which is a fun game, but many others get turned on before that one (and their my favorite band).

#4747 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You are correct , the third Flipper has nothing to go for besides the elf Targets , the Balin gobble hole , the dwarf targets , the left ramp , The Captive ball , the right ramp , mystery stand up , Radagast gobble hole , besides that it's totally useless .

It's like the flipper in Captain Fantastic. You are better off not using it except for the rare occasions that you have to. It introduces side-to-side action in the game and is much safer to pretend that it doesn't exist.

#4748 3 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

[quoted image]

At minimum you will need an amp. I would look for powered speakers, it will save you some hassle.

#4749 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Quoted from screaminr:

Your initial argument was "It has 39 things you can shoot for" not what there was to shoot for or what the rule set may do for the game

#4750 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

You are better off not using it except for the rare occasions that you have to.

This. Really only useful in a few modes that require it. And I actually really like the game. But only because of the code/sound/lightshow. The layout is pretty meh.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 49.99
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Easton, MA
8,500 (OBO)
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/95?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.