pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 111.
#4551 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

From what I got from JJP there is no plan for a new PF or changes. Roll the dice and if your shit falls apart they will deal with it on a case by case basis. I guess maybe you might get another shot Pf sent to you or you can buy one. Nothing will ever change with these people.

You're correct with that. No point bitching about it. Just like politics, nothing changes. Someone is always on the short end of the stick.

#4552 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Heres what i heard from somebody that works for a distributor so dont shoot the messenger, lol! April 2021 for LEs. CEs after a run of SEs from now until then. Sorta makes sense cause that would be 100 CEs per month with low production due to pandemic. I think its best thing that could happen for you LE guys cause possibly these LEs and SEs out already are old playfields and by April you LE guys will have Hobbit solid playfields, hopefully! Dont hold me to the date im just repeating what i was told.

wouldn't surprise me as no real news is never a good thing....My guess is things might get further delayed to get these Mirco play fields figured out....i.e. Wonka CE's two month delay. The worst thing JJP could do is put out a bunch of CE's with questionable play fields. I'm fine with a delay if they get their quality figured out, but waiting 6 months on a $1K deposit is a long time.

#4553 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Heres what i heard from somebody that works for a distributor so dont shoot the messenger, lol! April 2021 for LEs.

That doesn't makes sense. I thought they can currently make 10-15 games per day...that is more like a rate of 5 per day.

#4554 3 years ago

I ordered an LE on 10/6 direct and got word today to expect it April/May. It’s going to be a long winter...lol.

#4555 3 years ago
Quoted from Nemotheeskie:

I ordered an LE on 10/6 direct and got word today to expect it April/May. It’s going to be a long winter...lol.

Wow

#4556 3 years ago

So will we see a bunch of people scrambling to grab whatever SEs are left?

#4557 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That JJP will make that whole lineup of Stern’s you have look so much better!I think your really going to like your JJP game when it arrives!

LOL same shit different post

#4558 3 years ago

Wonder if JJP will split the investment profits, since they require you to give them an interest free loan.

Personally, I would yank my deposit and wait until they can be bought and shipped, tomorrow.

#4559 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Wonder if JJP will split the investment profits, since they require you to give them an interest free loan.
Personally, I would yank my deposit and wait until they can be bought and shipped, tomorrow.

Exactly how much interest do you expect to make on $1000 over 6 months?

#4560 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Exactly how much interest do you expect to make on $1000 over 6 months?

About 4 bucks.

#4561 3 years ago

We should burn up JJPs phone lines

#4562 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

We should burn up JJPs phone lines

No
We should stay off the phone.
Let's just keep posting the same thing over and over on Pinside.

#4563 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

No
We should stay off the phone.
Let's just keep posting the same thing over and over on Pinside.

And that does what?

#4564 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I was told the deposit was non-refundable.

#4565 3 years ago

It is non refundable the 1K deposit.
I think the point he was making was to receive countless 1K deposits for a period of 6 months......a smart investor could make a tidy sum of money.
The point you make about interest is a mute point.

#4566 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

It is non refundable the 1K deposit.
I think the point he was making was to receive countless 1K deposits for a period of 6 months......a smart investor could make a tidy sum of money.
The point you make about interest is a mute point.

If you think JJP is taking those deposits and playing Bernie Madoff on the stonk market, you're crazy.

Look at what refundable deposits did to POTC - Pinside did it's thing, and they got pulled back.
Deposits fund parts orders. I don't blame them one bit for making people commit.

#4567 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If you think JJP is taking those deposits and playing Bernie Madoff on the stonk market, you're crazy.
Look at what refundable deposits did to POTC - Pinside did it's thing, and they got pulled back.
Deposits fund parts orders. I don't blame them one bit for making people commit.

I’m personally quite happy to wait for my LE.
If it’s even next summer, so be it.....
With any luck, it will be bullet proof by then

#4568 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

And that does what?

It is just what we do.

Interfering with one of the few businesses feeding our need to have something to obsess over is counterproductive.

Of course we are all immature but we need to accept responsibility for our actions. When we paid the deposit we knew it was non-refundable, if we bothered to ask. We also knew we had no way of knowing when our game would be available, if we bothered to ask. We said, 'shut-up and take our money' and they obliged. Now we don't want to wait. Too bad. Remember that next time someone asks you for a deposit. Don't blame the businesses for your actions. You are presumably a capable adult. You get to make your own decisions. Along with making decisions comes consequences of our actions. We are responsible for our actions. It is not your spouse's/parent's/government's/God's responsiblity.
Personal responsibility is not just a bumper sticker it is how we redeem ourselves and our world, one person at a time.

#4569 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

It is just what we do.
Interfering with one of the few businesses feeding our need to have something to obsess over is counterproductive.
Of course we are all immature but we need to accept responsibility for our actions. When we paid the deposit we knew it was non-refundable, if we bothered to ask. We also knew we had no way of knowing when our game would be available, if we bothered to ask. We said, 'shut-up and take our money' and they obliged. Now we don't want to wait. Too bad. Remember that next time someone asks you for a deposit. Don't blame the businesses for your actions. You are presumably a capable adult. You get to make your own decisions. Along with making decisions comes consequences of our actions. We are responsible for our actions. It is not your spouse's/parent's/government's/God's responsiblity.
Personal responsibility is not just a bumper sticker it is how we redeem ourselves and our world, one person at a time.

I dont mind waiting, thats not a issue. My issue is paying that kind of cash for something that might fall apart in 6 months and they wont do a thing about it.

#4570 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I dont mind waiting, thats not a issue. My issue is paying that kind of cash for something that might fall apart in 6 months.

Really what color is the sky in your world? When’s the last JJP stern AP or spooky game that fell apart in six months?

#4571 3 years ago

I want to pull the trigger on an SE, but I don’t like putting down a deposit with no time frame. I don’t mind waiting, it’s the not knowing when part.

#4572 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

The ones we seen at the Mirco Expo are already in the GnRs shipped

Where can we see the presentation from Expo where he shows the new process? I looked at the schedule and could not find a reference to a Mirco presentation.

Thanks
Ed

#4573 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Where can we see the presentation from Expo where he shows the new process? I

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/772313718
The Mirco demo starts around 16 minutes into the stream. Beware, screaming baby alert!!!

#4574 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I want to pull the trigger on an SE, but I don’t like putting down a deposit with no time frame. I don’t mind waiting, it’s the not knowing when part.

Yep. I’m doing the same. Luckily a friend is getting one that he knows he won’t keep so I’ll probably jump on his when he’s ready.

#4575 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Really what color is the sky in your world? When’s the last JJP stern AP or spooky game that fell apart in six months?

Exactly! Some people really do exaggerate, taking it to a whole new level...
Fall apart, hell no......
Derez?

E6C9716F-654C-48A9-9476-7363853575E6 (resized).jpegE6C9716F-654C-48A9-9476-7363853575E6 (resized).jpeg
#4576 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The Mirco demo starts around 16 minutes into the stream. Beware, screaming baby alert!!!

Thanks for the link. I watched it and it all sounds great and he says they have been using this new process for a while so not sure why the GnR playfields are still having issues!

#4577 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Thanks for the link. I watched it and it all sounds great and he says they have been using this new process for a while so not sure why the GnR playfields are still having issues!

Yeah, it is definitely puzzling.

#4578 3 years ago

Come on, Steve....just....don't.

Don't engage.

#4579 3 years ago

ok, Ill take $2! Me thinks if you bought a few shares of Apple stock with that $1000, you might just make a wee bit more than 4 bucks in 6 months. Just a hunch.

And why make anyone commit? Isnt this a legit company now? Are they not able to fund their operations without deposits? If that is not the case, I would definitely wait, just to make sure they are around in May! I thought the days of pre-paying for a pin were over.

#4580 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And why make anyone commit?

Four words: Pirates of the Caribbean.

#4581 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Come on, Steve....just....don't.
Don't engage.

Of course you’re right. My buttons are easily pushed so they see me coming

#4582 3 years ago

I dont know what the last one was but my WoZ did. When a big fucking quarter sized chip of ink pops off the PF after less than 100 games and JJP does nothing, I would say I got fucked. They are still selling shit PFs and it looks like they will continue to do so.

#4583 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

ok, Ill take $2! Me thinks if you bought a few shares of Apple stock with that $1000, you might just make a wee bit more than 4 bucks in 6 months. Just a hunch.
And why make anyone commit? Isnt this a legit company now? Are they not able to fund their operations without deposits? If that is not the case, I would definitely wait, just to make sure they are around in May! I thought the days of pre-paying for a pin were over.

If you bought apple on January 1 2020 and sold July 1 2020, you’d make around $400 on the investment before taxes. So about $250 net of tax.

#4584 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Four words: Pirates of the Caribbean.

Yea, they learned alright. Present full playfield with all sorts of toys. Collect pre-order $$$. Strip playfield of toys, ship! (No pun intended)

#4585 3 years ago

Oh I see that’s what falling apart means. Well at least you don’t have to worry since you aren’t in on GnR.

#4586 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you bought apple on January 1 2020 and sold July 1 2020, you’d make around $400 on the investment before taxes. So about $250 net of tax.

Exactly. But anyway, back on topic. Game looks bad ass and cant wait to play it!

#4587 3 years ago

Oh I see that’s what falling apart means. Well at least you don’t have to worry since you aren’t in on GnR.

Where have you been? I did buy one or I wouldn't care. I sold a restored FH to buy it. My game is gone so I have to roll the dice.

#4588 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Where have you been? I did buy one or I wouldn't care. I sold a restored FH to buy it. My game is gone so I have to roll the dice.

If you hated JJP going in WHY then would you keep buying? Masochistic or something?

#4589 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

so I have to roll the dice.

You didn’t have to do anything. Why not wait a year and buy one later?

#4590 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If you hated JJP going in WHY then would you keep buying? Masochistic or something?

Well fuck I figured they would have gotten their shit together by now. Supposedly they fixed this problem after the POTC had issues.

#4591 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Yes I do remember reading that, my mistake. Okay I understand your nervousness. Funhouse is awesome. It will be okay though.

#4592 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Well fuck I figured they would have gotten their shit together by now. Supposedly they fixed this problem after the POTC had issues.

Would you feel better or more confident if I and the majority of others posted a picture of our games with no issues? Shit can happen but doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the norm.

#4593 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Again, we don’t make the playfields. This WOZ you had issues with - was it an original from 2013-14? We didn’t have our current playfield vendor at that time.

#4594 3 years ago

Again, we don’t make the playfields. This WOZ you had issues with - was it an original from 2013-14? We didn’t have our current playfield vendor at that time.

Considering Mirco has had problems with your last 3 titles I'm surprised their still around. Although I am sure JJP's options are pretty slim? .... unfortunately a majority if not all your problems in the past several years lead directly to Mirco, but its your game so your on the hook.

#4595 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea, they learned alright. Present full playfield with all sorts of toys. Collect pre-order $$$. Strip playfield of toys, ship! (No pun intended)

At least with The Hobbit they said, here...No toys! right off the bat.

#4596 3 years ago

I know you don’t make them, Mirco does. You are having issues already and these PFs with pooling and chipping at the posts will get worse and what will you guys do about it?

#4597 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Would you feel better or more confident if I and the majority of others posted a picture of our games with no issues? Shit can happen but doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the norm.

Curious to know if you got Walmart specials?

#4598 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I know you don’t make them, Mirco does. You are having issues already and these PFs with pooling and chipping at the posts will get worse and what will you guys do about it?

Is there any record of this getting worse or is it just localized to the posts? I ask because even though this issue has been talked about for some time across multiple different manufacturers and games, I have yet to see a playfield fall apart over it. I don’t mean to minimize the problem, but if the chipping can be covered up with a washer and not extend beyond the area right around a post, I care less than if it causes issues outside that area.

#4599 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Fantastic. So with Wonka we had no preorder and a completely different financial structure and people still complain. POTC was 8 months from reveal to start of shipping so this time with GnR we had nice amount built before even revealing the game so that they could ship at launch. And what am I reading over and over? We aren’t shipping them out fast enough. This is Webster’s definition of a no-win situation.

#4600 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If you think POTC is a stripped game you're just trolling.

And they DID learn. All this is just my own speculation, but from my perspective they learned:

- Never show the game until it is ready to ship. (Would anyone have whined about disc/trunkgate if they'd never seen them?)
- Have games ready to ship when you launch.
- Refundable deposits are harmful and not required if the game is sufficiently exciting.

Imagine a world where POTC orders could not be pulled due to disk/trunkgate. People would have kept their spots, gotten their games, and raved about how great they were. The line would have been able to keep moving.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

8,500 (OBO)
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/92?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.