pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 111.
#4501 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

All I can say is
[quoted image]

LOL you say relax but if these were Stern issues the sky would be falling

#4502 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Isn’t Churchill one of Stern’s vendors?

Use to be, not anymore. Churchill is under the same roof as CGC and are owned by the same.

#4503 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL you say relax but if these were Stern issues the sky would be falling

These are Stern issues as well you are correct. So if he's over in a Stern thread saying the sky is falling then you sir have a good point!

#4504 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Isn't Stern doing their own in house now? Would it matter?

#4505 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Use to be, not anymore. Churchill is under the same roof as CGC and are owned by the same.

Correct

#4506 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I don't believe it is 100% under Sterns roof as of now however I could be wrong

#4507 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

No one will tell you who their distro is when bragging about the deal they got. So many pinsiders brag about their deals but it’s crickets when you ask for info whether publicly or via private message.

Now it has been a number of years so I do not know if you can still get the money off but http://pinballstore.tripod.com/jurassic-park-pinball-machine.html Automated Services used to give $300 off for paying in cash with JP at 7,599 that makes the cost $5,299

#4508 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I don't believe it is 100% under Sterns roof as of now however I could be wrong

There was a recent factory tour at Stern posted.. They had at least two large cnc machines making playfields shown in the video.. But yeah not sure if it is all playfields or not..

#4509 3 years ago

Here are a few more pics. I was waiting for an LE, however my local distributor outside of Atlanta had 4 SEs on hand and I pulled the trigger...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4510 3 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

There was a recent factory tour at Stern posted.. They had at least two large cnc machines making playfields shown in the video.. But yeah not sure if it is all playfields or not..

yes they do their own playfields on cnc machines however we are talking about direct printing and the clear coat process the latter I believe is still outsourced.

#4511 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Here are a few more pics. I was waiting for an LE, however my local distributor outside of Atlanta had 4 SEs on hand and I pulled the trigger...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn that's a beautiful machine! Congrats and may the pooling not be with you!

#4512 3 years ago

SE looks beautiful. Looks like the black powder coat has a nice shine to it.

CGC playfields dimple like crazy in my experience, you don’t want those.

#4513 3 years ago

Agreed, that SE looks great......and it shoots really well after watching the stream...congrats man

#4514 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thinking of buying an available SE, while I await my LE. Crazy huh? Haven’t heard squat about when the LE will ship, but I’d guess it was this year. But maybe not, I don’t know but I want to start playing one soon. I can rationalize that JJP not responding to customers and vendors with shipping info does not slow down production of the games. Maybe games are shooting out the factory like a greased pig sliding down a water flume. I’ll probably just wait.

This gets back to my point that after JJP runs a few hundred SE’s, the CE’s should be next and the complete run should occur. Give those buyers the first fun after working out a few bugs. Then LE’s and SE’s could be run in smaller alternating batches. Running CE’s first dictates that if you want to play now you have to pay now. I’d probably become a CE buyer.

#4515 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Not any more.

LTG : )

#4516 3 years ago

Totally agree

That SE looks amazing. Good choice!

#4517 3 years ago

Those black washers, though.

#4518 3 years ago

I hope JJP keeps the artist that did GnR on staff, because the artwork on this machine is phenomenal.

#4519 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I hope JJP keeps the artist that did GnR on staff, because the artwork on this machine is phenomenal.

Yah I like Dayne Henry Jr's style. Looked at his portfolio. His ghostbusters could kind of give you in an inside look at what Back to the Future could look like if JJP decided to go that way with Dayne. I also like his Day of the Dead art, and it's almost like Slash should team up with JJP again and do a Day of the Dead themed pin.

#4520 3 years ago

Heres what i heard from somebody that works for a distributor so dont shoot the messenger, lol! April 2021 for LEs. CEs after a run of SEs from now until then. Sorta makes sense cause that would be 100 CEs per month with low production due to pandemic. I think its best thing that could happen for you LE guys cause possibly these LEs and SEs out already are old playfields and by April you LE guys will have Hobbit solid playfields, hopefully! Dont hold me to the date im just repeating what i was told.

#4521 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Those black washers, though.

They look fine to me. Maybe Stern should do this as well.

#4522 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Heres what i heard from somebody that works for a distributor so dont shoot the messenger, lol! April 2021 for LEs. CEs after a run of SEs from now until then. Sorta makes sense cause that would be 100 CEs per month with low production due to pandemic. I think its best thing that could happen for you LE guys cause possibly these LEs and SEs out already are old playfields and by April you LE guys will have Hobbit solid playfields, hopefully! Dont hold me to the date im just repeating what i was told.

So CE's as soon as they complete the current SE run? NICE.

#4523 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

so they are going to make CEs with inferior playfields? Is it confirmed that there is an old batch of "inferior" playfields in stock and that better ones are coming? Sounds pretty shady of JJP to do that if they knew that they have a superior playfield coming.

#4524 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

They look fine to me. Maybe Stern should do this as well.

Stern actually started shipping JP with silver metal washers shortly after its release. Which I also dont mind. Again, I maintain, that if they had been included from day 1 on every machine, no one would be bitching.

#4525 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

All I meant is why would JJP use them when they had their own share of problems when Stern used them.
I wasn’t bashing Stern and the guy who commented about going to Stern threads is correct,I don’t!

#4526 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Yes I agree 100%,Stern literally changed their direction with Dirty Donnny’s Metallica artwork!This guy and Chris Franchi could be a real asset to JJP.

#4527 3 years ago

Yes, but then the chipping just started from the edges of those washers. It isn't a viable solution.

With that said, this issue on GNR does look different. From the photos, it certainly looks like the clear is separating from the ink vs. a total ink separation from playfield like before.

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Stern actually started shipping JP with silver metal washers shortly after its release. Which I also dont mind. Again, I maintain, that if they had been included from day 1 on every machine, no one would be bitching.

#4528 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Are those Factory post black discs sitting at the playfield surface to hide the imperfections?

They are there more to hide than help. I can tell you that much.
Are the black washers metal or plastic?

#4529 3 years ago

JP with washers. Doesn't fix anything, just pushes the problem out further.

washer-chip (resized).jpegwasher-chip (resized).jpeg

washer-chip3 (resized).jpegwasher-chip3 (resized).jpeg
#4530 3 years ago

Metal washers will do that but not soft rubber ones.

#4531 3 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

JP with washers. Doesn't fix anything, just pushes the problem out further.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that looks like a stern to me

#4532 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

so they are going to make CEs with inferior playfields? Is it confirmed that there is an old batch of "inferior" playfields in stock and that better ones are coming? Sounds pretty shady of JJP to do that if they knew that they have a superior playfield coming.

CE playfield is different art from LE and SE playfields, so maybe they haven't done CE's yet...I don't know.

#4533 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is they could easily raise the price on POTC LE's and sell 200 before they even started manufacturing. Theres way too much demand and used ones are selling at $14K+ ....

With the backorder of G&R along with people waiting on Toystory They don't have the time or the production facility to pull it all off

#4534 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

that looks like a stern to me

He said its his JP which is a Stern tittle yes. Both companies are having identical problems with different clear coating companies which leads me to believe it has something to do with direct print, which they both do now, vrs. silk screening. The process is somehow not adhering and curing to direct print like it did with silk screening.

#4535 3 years ago

Not my JP. Mine is later with the post touchdown art removed, but still has pooling/chipping at all of the ball guides. Just pointing out that washers are a band-aid, not a solution.

I'm not sure the rubber ones are going to be any better. You may not have the hard edge, but you'll still have outward pressure leading to delamination, and it might introduce new problems because the post doesn't have a secure mount.

#4536 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

MMMM, Aren't the CE Playfield different artwork with the AfD robot and such on it. Don't think that will make a difference for us LE buyers on playfields then.

#4537 3 years ago

That SE looks pretty dang good!

#4538 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

MMMM, Aren't the CE Playfield different artwork with the AfD robot and such on it. Don't think that will make a difference for us LE buyers on playfields then.

yes but if they are making them now they must have been produced as the same time as the first run SE/LE playfields.

#4539 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Appreciate any potential updates about this blackout but hardly good news for LE owners (considering JJP has already taken 1k from folks and didn't indicate a 6month wait) although I haven't heard anything remotely like this from my distro....

Any distributors on here want to weigh in?

#4540 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

hardly good news for LE owners (considering JJP has already taken 1k from folks and didn't indicate a 6month wait) although I haven't heard anything remotely like this from my distro....
Any distributors on here want to weigh in?

It depends on how many games they can make a week. 500 CEs + 2000 LEs @ 100 games per week = 6 months = April , at 150 per week = march at 200 per week = feb

though I doubt they sold 2000 LEs, could be wrong though.

#4541 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I have no idea really about playfields i was just repeating what i was told on when LEs would start shipping again by somebody i believe. Personally i would be super pissed if i bought a CE and got a shitty playfield and that would definitly be shady on JJP but isnt it shady that they put out inferior playfields already if there really is "spectrum" playfields on the way? Then to cover the issue up with washers is shady also in my opinion. Has anybody removed a washer yet?

#4542 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

"spectrum" playfields on the way?

How does this help GNR owners?

https://mircoplayfields.com/en/p/spectrum-mirco-playfield

#4543 3 years ago

You know, in the description for the actual Spectrum playfield, he refers to it as a robot-applied ceramic clear coat.

So maybe we can call it that? Micro ceramic clear coat?

#4544 3 years ago

From what I got from JJP there is no plan for a new PF or changes. Roll the dice and if your shit falls apart they will deal with it on a case by case basis. I guess maybe you might get another shot Pf sent to you or you can buy one. Nothing will ever change with these people.

#4545 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You know, in the description for the actual Spectrum playfield, he refers to it as a robot-applied ceramic clear coat.

He's used ceramic clear coating before - so not a differentiator for his newer processes

#4546 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

From what I got from JJP there is no plan for a new PF or changes. Roll the dice and if your shit falls apart they will deal with it on a case by case basis. I guess maybe you might get another shot Pf sent to you or you can buy one. Nothing will ever change with these people.

I agree, don’t believe special play-fields are en route. The ones we seen at the Mirco Expo are already in the GnRs shipped, have no reason to expect they will be any different going forward apart from being furnished with rubber washers.

#4547 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

CE playfield is different art from LE and SE playfields, so maybe they haven't done CE's yet...I don't know.

This^^

#4548 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

With the backorder of G&R along with people waiting on Toystory They don't have the time of the production facility to pull it all off

No doubt

#4549 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am sure the ceramic clearcoat is on the Mirco clearcoat spectrum.

#4550 3 years ago

To pull all what off? The new place can have two full time playfield lines if needed. It can be ramped up. However, who said anything about building another new pin when GnR has been out less than a month and is selling well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/91?hl=zukram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.