pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 111.
#4451 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What's the point of saying this to the rest of us over and over again? In a thread about the game they won't buy?

They have a delusion that we need to stop buying games with issues and that will force JJP and Stern etc. to make everything better if not perfect. Personally I don't care about the PF issues, with in reason of course. I wouldn't hesitate buying GnR right now if it was a dream theme or just something I really wanted. If u can't deal with it then wait. But yeah the constant reminder of how its foolish and we are hurting ourselves means exactly fuck all to me.

#4453 3 years ago

“ As designer of one of the best-selling pinball games ever (Jersey Jack’s Pirates of the Caribbean), Meunier, a musician himself, is clear on the early goals he set in collaborating with Slash on the new Guns N’ Roses table.”

Umm love Eric’s games but that first line is fake news

#4454 3 years ago

Um to everyone talking about pooling, chipping, and other related crap - I've been enjoying my LE for over a week now and the playfield doesn't have one freaking ding on it. No pooling, chipping, or other nonsense either.

I've also chatted with Jack via email - he's not hiding nor is anyone else there. Pinside is so pinside!

My NIB Ghost Busters and my NIB Monster Bash LE - BOTH were filled with potholes in the first week. My G&R playfield looks like glass - it's the best one I've ever seen!

An NO, I'm not doing a police investigation with close-ups to prove it. You'll have to take my word for it.

IMG_3110 (resized).jpgIMG_3110 (resized).jpgIMG_3112 (resized).jpgIMG_3112 (resized).jpgIMG_3115 (resized).jpgIMG_3115 (resized).jpgIMG_3119 (resized).jpgIMG_3119 (resized).jpg

#4455 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Um to everyone talking about pooling, chipping, and other related crap - I've been enjoying my LE for over a week now and the playfield doesn't have one freaking ding on it. No pooling, chipping, or other nonsense either.
I've also chatted with Jack via email - he's not hiding nor is anyone else there. Pinside is so pinside!
My NIB Ghost Busters and my NIB Monster Bash LE - BOTH were filled with potholes in the first week. My G&R playfield looks like glass - it's the best one I've ever seen!
An NO, I'm not doing a police investigation with close-ups to prove it. You'll have to take my word for it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well I’m jealous!

#4456 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Thanks for you comments. A friend has one with zero issues as well. JJP is killing it with GNR (the game of the year hands down).

#4457 3 years ago

Good to hear!

#4458 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

How long after purchase did you bring up the issue with them? I'm reading the current warranty and it's only 30 days.

Half a year I believe?

#4459 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Same here man, same here. A few dimples, but I don't give a rip.

#4460 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Oh that looks sweet! Congrats man, enjoy that game. I'm jealous.

And good for you, a "voice of reason".

#4461 3 years ago

Agreed, game looks beautiful, congrats mamemaster.

#4462 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

No one is defending bad product, that's your interpretation. I think people just get sick and tired of the same individuals saying the same thing over and over. I for one hope both Stern and JJP get the results we all are hoping for with their outside vendors, as I am sure all do here. This or go back to silk screen where I believe the problem lies.

Well said Bill.

And like Zaphx said, Pinheads are basically just "fickle" buyers, we all know this, and have seen it for the past decade, year after year.

I count myself as one of them. With every new purchase i continue to marvel at and appreciate the greatness that these companies are bringing to pinball.

My expectations keep being exceeded. Are there times when i get frustrated? Yep. Then i get over it because the experience of actually PLAYING great pinball substantially overrides the minor issues we have to deal with.

I have found the customer service with Stern and AP to be fantastic. I'm sure JJP is the same, they were back during my Woz purchase.

#4463 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And like Zaphx said, Pinheads are basically just "fickle" buyers, we all know this, and have seen it for the past decade, year after year.

Ice is it really that buyers are fickle, in this case? Not criticizing you by any means as I am one that is .... to each their own! BUT, it gets me that people downplay the pooling and chipping of playfields. People are spending 6-12500k on these machines and, like a lot of hobbyist, they're putting them in their collection. In that collection they have machines from all eras. What gets me is .... a Stern or JJP machine that isn't even a few years old has pooling and chipping issues and it's sitting in the same room as a machine I have that's from the 60's that has a excellent playfield. So how is it, with all the modern technology, that playfield quality isn't getting better but getting worse?

Another thing that makes me shake my head is everyone blames JJP! This is not a JJP issue it's a Mirco issue. Mirco comes on Pinside all the time selling his products and responds to questions but refuses to address the poor quality product that he has put out. This is JJP 6th machine and, what, 4 out of the 6 have had pf issues ....all supplied by Mirco.

Just another point of view!

#4464 3 years ago

Older playfields are better because the companies could buy the best product,now they have to use shit that’s safe for the environment

#4465 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Ice is it really that buyers are fickle, in this case? Not criticizing you by any means as I am one that is .... to each their own! BUT, it gets me that people downplay the pooling and chipping of playfields. People are spending 6-12500k on these machines and, like a lot of hobbyist, they're putting them in their collection. In that collection they have machines from all eras. What gets me is .... a Stern or JJP machine that isn't even a few years old has pooling and chipping issues and it's sitting in the same room as a machine I have that's from the 60's that has a excellent playfield. So how is it, with all the modern technology, that playfield quality isn't getting better but getting worse?
Another thing that makes me shake my head is everyone blames JJP! This is not a JJP issue it's a Mirco issue. Mirco comes on Pinside all the time selling his products and responds to questions but refuses to address the poor quality product that he has put out. This is JJP 6th machine and, what, 4 out of the 6 have had pf issues ....all supplied by Mirco.

Is it just me or should JJP find a better solution to playfields than keep going back to Mirco. What's the saying, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

#4466 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Older playfields are better because the companies could buy the best product,now they have to use shit that’s safe for the environment

I don't buy anything without skull and crossbones because all else is just shit!

#4467 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

People are spending 6-12500k on these machines and, like a lot of hobbyist, they're putting them in their collection.

You can be critical of companies but a good portion of people that complain buy before they play or wait for issues to be worked out. You are also in a hobby that has operators that care less about these issues. If you aren't going to preorder a $60 game then why drop $6000-$12500? FOMO?

Quoted from meSz:

What gets me is .... a Stern or JJP machine that isn't even a few years old has pooling and chipping issues and it's sitting in the same room as a machine I have that's from the 60's that has a excellent playfield. So how is it, with all the modern technology, that playfield quality isn't getting better but getting worse?

A game from the 60s doesn't have air-balls and the ball doesn't move around the playfield with the same force. Yes stern makes cheap games and all wood playfields dimple. Operators don't care about these issues because they will just call support. I have unboxed 5 games this year and 4 of them had issues out of the box. I call tech support if there is an issue.

Quoted from meSz:

But JJP does the final quality control. If you bought any computer or video game console and a hard drive was faulty do you blame the Chinese manufacturer or do you blame Sony, Microsoft, Dell?

#4468 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I hear you. Good points. One of the differences between now and the 60's are all the ramps and speed of pinball today. I've also heard Vid swear that any pf from any era gets hammered down and evened out over time.

I don't know what the answer is? I've bought a ton of Stern games over the past decade. And i've had varying degrees of success with the overall PF quality.

Recently, JPLE, EHOHLE and STHLE pf's have held up great. My Munsters LE has some pooling. My GBLE has two very minor ghosted inserts. Maybe my ASLE is the best one?

The only time i ever even think about it is when it gets brought up on here.

Mirco? Maybe he's to blame for the inconsistency? If he's making the pf's i assume he has to be at fault.

So for me, after buying pins for so many years now i just don't care that much. Within reason. I wouldn't want to see "major chipping" on any game, for anybody for that matter.

Overall however, my experience has far exceeded expectations and that's just the way i look at it.

#4469 3 years ago

@mamemaster,

After game is set up, turn on explicit mode in menu. Then start up a game.

#4470 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I don't buy anything without skull and crossbones because all else is just shit!

Tru dat!

#4471 3 years ago

Anyone hearing anything recently from distributors about the timing of LE shipments? I've heard crickets so far.

#4473 3 years ago

Anybody else besides me not bothering their distributor about delivery dates?

#4474 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I haven't bothered mine since the day I paid the deposit. I actually don't care when mine comes in. December or January was what I was initially quoted, but my distributor said that was a guess. I don't care. As long as I get it.

#4475 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Mine gave me an initial delivery window. I have no reason to call him until that window has closed. He cannot do anything anyways. And whether he tells me now or later that it is going to be another so many weeks, it’s all the same. The math works out the same. Plus, I have been in my distributors shoes in the past with my own career.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4476 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I haven't contacted them either since I ordered it on release day. Order confirmation email said "we will contact you when your machine is close to being ready to ship". And that this would NOT be a multi-month wait due to JJP's increased manufacturing capacity in their new facility.

And so I figured there are likely people on here birddogging their distys every day that will share with this group whatever updates they're hearing.

#4477 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm not bothering Joe, but then again I didn't buy a machine and figure Richie is taking up enough of his time.

#4478 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

congrats! i'm looking forward to someday receiving my LE. My first JJP was Wonka, and I couldnt be happier. I still love stern games, but JJP are more for home use IMO

#4479 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hear you. Good points. One of the differences between now and the 60's are all the ramps and speed of pinball today. I've also heard Vid swear that any pf from any era gets hammered down and evened out over time.
I don't know what the answer is? I've bought a ton of Stern games over the past decade. And i've had varying degrees of success with the overall PF quality.
Recently, JPLE, EHOHLE and STHLE pf's have held up great. My Munsters LE has some pooling. My GBLE has two very minor ghosted inserts. Maybe my ASLE is the best one?
The only time i ever even think about it is when it gets brought up on here.
Mirco? Maybe he's to blame for the inconsistency? If he's making the pf's i assume he has to be at fault.
So for me, after buying pins for so many years now i just don't care that much. Within reason. I wouldn't want to see "major chipping" on any game, for anybody for that matter.
Overall however, my experience has far exceeded expectations and that's just the way i look at it.

totally agree with you ICE. Mirco is the one holding the bag here. but hey, lets enjoy the games, play them, and put them to the use they were intended for. No sweat about some dimples and small chips if it happens...

#4480 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Anyone hearing anything recently from distributors about the timing of LE shipments? I've heard crickets so far.

Spoke to mine yesterday said shooting for December end

#4481 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Congrats on the new pin! It looks great. Glad to hear the playfield looks great.

#4482 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I paid my deposit, and haven't talked to my distributor since. I'm excited about it, but it will get here when it gets here. No worries.

#4483 3 years ago

My friend got his SE yesterday.

86247C24-894F-4E3B-A284-86384C86676F (resized).jpeg86247C24-894F-4E3B-A284-86384C86676F (resized).jpeg8EC95F03-F9F4-4C01-871F-D5AE4641BA81 (resized).jpeg8EC95F03-F9F4-4C01-871F-D5AE4641BA81 (resized).jpeg
#4484 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not going to bother them, but I check my email about every five minutes...

#4485 3 years ago

How do you unlock Steven Adler?

#4486 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Are the larger washers now being installed at the factory?

#4487 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Are those Factory post black discs sitting at the playfield surface to hide the imperfections?

#4488 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Are those Factory post black discs sitting at the playfield surface to hide the imperfections?

My guess is they’re serving as a reassurance that the PF doesn’t chip in areas of frequent pooling, rather than “hiding” it.

#4489 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

hopefully it a) helps prevent pooling by flattening the surface around the post and b) helps prevent chipping by protecting the area if pooling does form.

#4490 3 years ago

has anyone gotten their SE yet? Mine is shipping today

#4491 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

zits-a-conspiracy-and-everyones-in-on-it (resized).jpgzits-a-conspiracy-and-everyones-in-on-it (resized).jpg
#4492 3 years ago

I would guess they are using a flex washer to translate some of the downward force from the sling post to an angular force from the post hole outward versus a hard washer that would just spread the surface area of the force over a larger pooling area. Fix? Not really, more like a preventative maintenance workaround. But if it prevents the damage, then I'll take it. I would think though you are going to get a slight more sling post slop for the same torque amount. Clear washer would be better though for aesthetics

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

#4493 3 years ago

All the pics I’ve seen with pooling showed it at locations where there are metal posts and not just the slings.

Is JJP putting washers under all metal posts?

#4494 3 years ago

I’ve been following this post for a while and finally pulled the trigger on an SE yesterday. Plays incredibly fast! Looks like the black washers are only at the bottom posts, all others look ok without washers and no pooling or chipping. Can take more pics if needed

2379C09B-4ED8-4092-80F2-51F74EAB0DA1 (resized).jpeg2379C09B-4ED8-4092-80F2-51F74EAB0DA1 (resized).jpegDF2C1305-3326-42AA-B4A8-F7DFF16883C8 (resized).jpegDF2C1305-3326-42AA-B4A8-F7DFF16883C8 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4495 3 years ago

SE are readily available from distros now intake it?

#4496 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

I’ve been following this post for a while and finally pulled the trigger on an SE yesterday. Plays incredibly fast! Looks like the black washers are only at the bottom posts, all others look ok without washers and no pooling or chipping. Can take more pics if needed[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very interesting, they acknowledge there is a problem.

#4497 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

I’ve been following this post for a while and finally pulled the trigger on an SE yesterday. Plays incredibly fast! Looks like the black washers are only at the bottom posts, all others look ok without washers and no pooling or chipping. Can take more pics if needed[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

awesome can you post a few more pics of the playfield /machine from a players POV?

#4498 3 years ago

When can one buy an se and not expect a long wait ? Anyone know?
I thought I put in an order with jjp website last week but haven't gotten a confirmation whether the transaction actually happened or not. I called and emailed to try and confirm transaction but so far no response.

#4499 3 years ago

Don't you think its a matter of time before they drop Mirco and either bring it in house or use Churchhill Cabinet?

#4500 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Don't you think its a matter of time before they drop Mirco and either bring it in house or use Churchhill Cabinet?

Isn’t Churchill one of Stern’s vendors?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/90?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.