pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 111.
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I hope they incorporate the original Appetite for Destruction artwork somewhere in the game.
[quoted image]

YES

#352 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I hope they incorporate the original Appetite for Destruction artwork somewhere in the game.

Yessir.

And instead of counting coils, a key indicator in them doing this justice will be counting the amount of f-bombs it drops.

Personally, I hope it includes all the band's references to drugs, prostitution, homosexuals, physical abuse, and of course it wouldn't be complete without some racist comments thrown in for good measure.

#353 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This could be the first successful launch like this!

Well they certainly had enough time.

#354 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

A little bird said it IS gnr, and another bird even saw some gameplay.
So its gnr.
And the one whoms name shall not be mentioned also says this.
And it seems to be a real gamechanger for JJP by Eric. It will be epic!
And blow stern out of the water.

And my 12 year old son found this in JJP’s website code.

7ABA7238-A1E3-47A0-BD10-AAAE2A5B8536 (resized).jpeg7ABA7238-A1E3-47A0-BD10-AAAE2A5B8536 (resized).jpegB367B06B-3B46-420D-ADE8-F65AED432A16 (resized).pngB367B06B-3B46-420D-ADE8-F65AED432A16 (resized).png
#355 3 years ago
Quoted from JDHHoover:

And my 12 year old son found this in JJP’s website code.[quoted image][quoted image]

LOL

12 year old hacker spilling the beans...

#356 3 years ago
Quoted from JDHHoover:

And my 12 year old son found this in JJP’s website code.

Deja Vu all over again. lol.

#357 3 years ago
Quoted from JDHHoover:

And my 12 year old son found this in JJP’s website code.[quoted image][quoted image]

That's great

Take my money jjp. Dream theme material for me. Is it to much to expect picking one up Monday? Haha

#358 3 years ago

Yes, if we look back, another JJP website code was cracked just prior to release. Can't remember which game. Could have been Dialed In, but that secret was out almost a year before release.

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I’ll hazard a guess it will be more to do with the sky rocketed price matrix .... Prepare for that bitter sweet experience.

when asked to venture a guess, a customer is dumbfounded when she misses the CE price by over $2500. the trend is up. one can only hope that 'the price is right'.

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from JDHHoover:

Any chance your son can fix deeproot too?

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

[image removed]

If so I hope they don’t modify it as they did for the Appetite for Democracy Vegas residency and cover up her tits. (Though the mods here might approve.)

This brings up again an interesting point - what era(s) of imagery the band allowed to be represented.

And do they continue to ignore the members outside of the Big Three? For example, on their neverending reunion tour they’ve been selling show-specific posters/lithographs that often feature Axl, Slash and Duff either together on one print or individually in a series of three for their three-night stands, but never including Richard, Dizzy, Frank or Melissa. (To be clear, I’m not complaining about omitting them.)

If they did decide to show the full current lineup... seven band members... two sets of seven inserts on the lower end of the playfield. But I can’t imagine JJP would go that obvious route, and I’d be happy not being reminded of Frank and Melissa anyway.

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

If so I hope they don’t modify it as they did for the Appetite for Democracy Vegas residency and cover up her tits. (Though the mods here might approve.)
This brings up again an interesting point - what era(s) of imagery the band allowed to be represented.
And do they continue to ignore the members outside of the Big Three? For example, on their neverending reunion tour they’ve been selling show-specific posters/lithographs that often feature Axl, Slash and Duff either together on one print or individually in a series of three for their three-night stands, but never including Richard, Dizzy, Frank or Melissa. (To be clear, I’m not complaining about omitting them.)
If they did decide to show the full current lineup... seven band members... two sets of seven inserts on the lower end of the playfield. But I can’t imagine JJP would go that obvious route, and I’d be happy not being reminded of Frank and Melissa anyway.

Outside of Clarke and Sorum, I'd prefer they just stick with the Appetite lineup.

#363 3 years ago

Pumped!!! Listening to Greatest Hits the rest of the weekend on Spotify... Take my money please! Lol

#364 3 years ago

I could be wrong but I think this is your translite for GnR.
A certain person was kind enough to show a blurred image on a Podcast of GnR being played on a laptop. I took a screen grab. You can see at the top of his image the bottom half of what looks like the translite.
37C279F6-0309-4631-8831-ED79423DB7B9 (resized).png37C279F6-0309-4631-8831-ED79423DB7B9 (resized).pngDEDCBACC-E64A-4AC2-A078-A0E19457600C (resized).jpegDEDCBACC-E64A-4AC2-A078-A0E19457600C (resized).jpeg

#366 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

when asked to venture a guess, a customer is dumbfounded when she misses the CE price by over $2500. the trend is up. one can only hope that 'the price is right'.

Cliffhangers is the best Price Is Right game. Plinko is crap.

#367 3 years ago

It’s awesome that the games will be ready to ship at launch. But may be a while longer for CEs.

#368 3 years ago

Has there been a time announced? Assuming it’s on their twitch channel.

#369 3 years ago

beware he was all giddy when wonka came out also. just see for yourself.

#370 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

beware he was all giddy when wonka came out also. just see for yourself.

Kaneda has no credibility when it comes to reviewing pinball.

He loves GnR band, if it was a cardboard box Zizzle GnR pin he’d probably say it was the best game ever.

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

He loves GnR band, if it was a cardboard box Zizzle GnR pin he’d probably say it was the best game ever.

For some it will be considered a win win situation though.
Kaneda has indicated GnR is totally awesome.
If it’s a turd, he promised he will shut down his podcast

#372 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Credibility? He is just one person with an opinion on a game. Many like Wonka, he decided it wasn't to his liking after reviewing all aspects. So what? People change their minds all the time.

Took me 10 years to finally like playing MM. What does that say about me?

People need to decide what they like for themselves and not rely on Pinside posts or a Top 500 list.

Everyone's preference is different, and I am glad for that. Many game titles are hard to find as it is. People like/dislike a game based on theme alone, even without playing it. Too bad people miss out on a large number of games to play just because they think it may not be good just because one person says they don't like it.

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So part of me says you’re a train rider. I don’t make decisions off Kaneda paid off by JJP. I also think Kaneda should get an ass kicking if we get a flop Deeproot style on Monday

But at the end of the day agreed with PS and you should quit being a pussy and quit caring whatever anybody else thinks and buy a game that fits you and your budget. Anything else and you’re chasing ghosts.

#374 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

A certain person was kind enough to show a blurred image on a Podcast of GnR being played on a laptop. I took a screen grab. You can see at the top of his image the bottom half of what looks like the translite.
[quoted image][quoted image]

LMAO! Thanks for the picture. That's too funny, I didn't realize he was still obsessed with me. That's cute. Interesting to see the scoring look like DMD, not really JJP's style, but we shall see on Monday.

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Lol. Chris isn't going anywhere. He's seen a one minute video of GNR and it's the greatest ever again.

I hope it's a FUN game, like most Stern games. With JJP, hasn't been the case for me thus far, except WOZ. I don't care what's IN IT.

IMDN, JP, EHOH, STH, TMNT and now AIQ. Variety is the spice of life.

It's hard to screw up a music pin when it comes to integrating the theme. Lot's of material to choose from.

How will it compare with AC/DC, MET and IMDN? Big hurdles to overcome.

As for the "models". Please for the love of all things pinball i hope they have finally learned their lesson and started copying the Stern success model. It's not that hard.

Put out 250 CE's and deliver those first. Get that $$ before people change their minds.

Do a "premium" run and don't call it "LE". Make it unlimited like it really is. Or maybe add another level of only 500 LE's.

And whatever PRO version you can come up with.

See how easy that is? Create some REAL FOMO!

Better yet, create a REAL FUN game, like Stern. Then the Sales will come. $$$/Sales revenue is the ultimate bottom line on a game.

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Ah yes.... he's never doen that before.

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. Chris isn't going anywhere. He's seen a one minute video of GNR and it's the greatest ever again.
I hope it's a FUN game, like most Stern games. With JJP, hasn't been the case for me thus far, except WOZ. I don't care what's IN IT.
It's hard to screw up a music pin when it comes to integrating the theme. Lot's of material to choose from.
As for the "models". Please for the love of all things pinball i hope they have finally learned their lesson and started copying the Stern success model. It's not that hard.
Put out 250 CE's and deliver those first. Get that $$ before people change their minds.
Do a "premium" run and don't call it "LE". Make it unlimited like it really is. Or maybe add another level of only 500 LE's.

Better yet, create a REAL FUN game, like Stern. Then the Sales will come. $$$/Sales revenue is the ultimate bottom line on a game.

No doubt JJP CE's are a money grab (just like Stern LE's) and those and standards should go out first. My guess is they would sell out their CE's much quicker although the $12.5K price tag is a big hurdle (assuming it stays the same). I've owned all the Stern music pins and they are all fun in their own ways. I'm pretty optimistic that JJP GNR will be a better pin than all the Stern games as JJP tends to put a lot more into their pins, and their code development on launch is typically far more complete than Stern. Funny WOZ is by far my least favorite JJP game....POTC, and Wonka are my favorites by far.

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Call it an educated guess: CEs will be last to ship. First LEs, then standard, then more LEs, and then finally CE.

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Call it an educated guess: CEs will be last to ship. First LEs, then standard, then more LEs, and then finally CE.

My guess is JJP always sells more LE's than anything else...yes sales will be higher, but I think by selling CE's first they would sell out quicker, and their margins would be higher....basically the Stern model, which has proven to be successful. That being said if history means anything you'll be correct.

#380 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Its there...but for a sake of discussion-its too small. Perhaps a collage of various album cover art. Also-i have never bought a nib JJP. Do any distros do free shipping on a JJP or is it pretty standard to add freight?

#381 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Its there...but for a sake of discussion-its too small. Perhaps a collage of various album cover art. Also-i have never bought a nib JJP. Do any distros do free shipping on a JJP or is it pretty standard to add freight?

I believe kingpin does for military or x military...

#382 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is JJP always sells more LE's than anything else...yes sales will be higher, but I think by selling CE's first they would sell out quicker, and their margins would be higher....basically the Stern model, which has proven to be successful. That being said if history means anything you'll be correct.

From a sales perspective Stern makes their higher margin money on their top end model up front by shipping LE games quick. They even bumped them up further with their latest release. It makes sense for JJP to follow this trend from a cash flow perspective. Get that big money right away.

#383 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CE games do not sell out the only JJP CE to sell out was POTC with a run of 200. As long as CE games are runs of 500 they will always have a hard time selling out

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

CE games do not sell out the only JJP CE to sell out was POTC with a run of 200. As long as CE games are runs of 500 they will always have a hard time selling out

Its not the point....the point is they make the most $ on CE's just as Stern clearly makes the greatest margin on their LE games. I do agree that 500 CE's is a lot at their price point, but 250 is definitely doable if the game is even close to POTC, which is a big question. No doubt that POTC is the best game to hit the market in the last 20 years.

#385 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

They would if they put them at the front of production, then standards, then LE's. Everybody loves their LE for dollar to value. Make folks wait and the CE becomes more attactive I reckon. Its about maximizing the potential and FOMO.

#386 3 years ago

Goodbye Avengers Infinity hype

#387 3 years ago

Surely the $ will be in subscription revenue for this, future and possibly past JJP pins.

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I’m not too sure man. I have an Avengers on the way. Its a proven shooter IMO. GnR has to be more than a concert experience and I will order one. But November Rain and Heaven’s door...how is that immersive or exciting By themselves ? I guess we will see. I hope its incredible. But K’s video clips played audio of the songs alone and just the flippers striking the ball AKA turning down your pin and cranking your home stereo to your own jams ala Jack Danger studio streams. Nobody knows right. Excited to see it!

#389 3 years ago
FB_IMG_1601831024697 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1601831024697 (resized).jpg
#390 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

But K’s video clips played audio of the songs alone and just the flippers striking the ball AKA turning down your pin and cranking your home stereo to your own jams

You serious? Just flipper sounds and GnR music? So no call outs or sound bites of hitting targets and points being collected? If that's true, doesn't surprise me at all.

#391 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its not the point....the point is they make the most $ on CE's just as Stern clearly makes the greatest margin on their LE games. I do agree that 500 CE's is a lot at their price point, but 250 is definitely doable if the game is even close to POTC, which is a big question. No doubt that POTC is the best game to hit the market in the last 20 years.

You had me till best game in the last 20 yr

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

You serious? Just flipper sounds and GnR music? So no call outs or sound bites of hitting targets and points being collected? If that's true, doesn't surprise me at all.

Its was only very few seconds of audio to be fair.

#393 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No doubt JJP CE's are a money grab (just like Stern LE's) and those and standards should go out first. My guess is they would sell out their CE's much quicker although the $12.5K price tag is a big hurdle (assuming it stays the same). I've owned all the Stern music pins and they are all fun in their own ways. I'm pretty optimistic that JJP GNR will be a better pin than all the Stern games as JJP tends to put a lot more into their pins, and their code development on launch is typically far more complete than Stern. Funny WOZ is by far my least favorite JJP game....POTC, and Wonka are my favorites by far.

Give us a longer time to change our minds on the over priced CE?

That’s why there are still a ton of Wonka CEs sitting in boxes

I’m hoping they change up their strategy but I doubt it

If you have to wait months for a CE and there are 500 of them what’s the point on buying their biggest profit margin game right off the bat? There is none.

Compare that to a Stern LE at 500’games for $9k. Can you rationalize what’s in it for the difference? There is a reason LEs go out first. Copy success!

Let’s hope at least some of those boxes Eric is standing around are CEs

Better get the $$ from dummies like myself before something else comes along or the bloom is off the ROSE.

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Do any distros do free shipping on a JJP or is it pretty standard to add freight?

Not anymore. Or extended warranties. For JJP games.

LTG : )

#395 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I believe kingpin does for military or x military...

Not anymore for JJP games.

I don't know about other manufacturer's games he sells.

LTG : )

#396 3 years ago

Sweet jesus.

#397 3 years ago

This could be my first JJP game.

#398 3 years ago

Boxed and ready to go - good stuff!

#399 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I would say there's zero chance it will be a turd. There is a chance that it won't be the second coming, especially for those who don't worship GnR.

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I don't entirely agree with that. That game has some fantastic shots.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/8?hl=bazilblast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.