pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 111.
#4401 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

You've acknowledged there's a problem, you've experienced the problem, and yet you've STILL made a NIB purchase. Not only are you not helping the problem, you are actively making it worse by continuing to purchase new pins.
This issue will never go away while people continue to buy NIB machines.

Yep....your right

#4402 3 years ago

To get back on topic...I'm going to help set up a GNR SE this afternoon - looking forward to it!!

#4403 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

To get back on topic...I'm going to help set up a GNR SE this afternoon - looking forward to it!!

take pics!

#4404 3 years ago

I just got off the phone with JJP. I called out of curiosity to see what they would tell me. I would suggest that anyone concerned about this issue call them and see what they tell you. What I got out of it was there is no new PF process and you roll the dice.

#4405 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I just got off the phone with JJP. I called out of curiosity to see what they would tell me. I would suggest that anyone concerned about this issue call them and see what they tell you. What I got out of it was there is no new PF process and you roll the dice.

Wow. Just.....

Wow.

#4406 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Deeproots big selling point is they won't cut corners

henrylaugh (resized).jpghenrylaugh (resized).jpg
#4407 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

They aren't doing a damn thing about it. The PFs have been doing this since WoZ and they haven done shit. The problem is that they cheaped out and stopped silk screening the PFs, they are using a printer and it doesn't work. I traded a beautiful game that I cant replace for a game that will have the art chipping off of it withing 6 months. Whining or not, I don't care and JJP will never get my business again.

great then we don't have to hear from you again!

#4409 3 years ago

Listen, I want to introduce the importance of yin and yang here.

Yin: I want people screwed over by chipping to make lots of noise. They will help push this industry to doing a better job with manufacturing. Who doesn’t want perfect playfields? Please continue to make noise.

Yang: I personally will continue to buy NIB. I’m in for a GNR LE and can’t wait. I will continue to buy NIB because I get excited about the newest toy like I’m a 10 year old kid again. Yes it would be nice if I can guarantee the highest resale value of my pin, but if I can’t that’s not the end of the world for me and I’ll still enjoy my game. Though I’d be annoyed too.

I’m betting most reasonable people hold both opinions at once.

#4410 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

and part of why we know answers aren't 100% transparent and forthcoming. JJP's party line on the subject has never been that forthcoming and I wouldn't expect you to break ranks. Jack and Eric's body language said way more than their strained answers did.

Well said. I have always believed this. They play dirty pool for sure....

#4411 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

and part of why we know answers aren't 100% transparent and forthcoming. JJP's party line on the subject has never been that forthcoming and I wouldn't expect you to break ranks. Jack and Eric's body language said way more than their strained answers did.

Body language from what video?

#4412 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Body language from what video?

No video - (well there is video of the event...). This was being at TPF with them during their seminar and on the floor at TPF.

#4413 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

It definitely can happen. We speak with our wallets. We are complacent in this and only hurting ourselves. For example. If people start buying JJP, AP, CGC more now because they put more work into their machines, more toys, funner games, and Stern sales are going down, what do you think Stern will do? Two things. 1 is the stupid route that surprisingly a lot of companies take and usually leads to failure...that is...screw the loyal customers they currently have and make their games even worse but cutting more corners, therefore increased profits on each machine to offset the loss of lower sales. or 2. Up their game, build better machines to compete again with the competition. If option 2 is taken, we as consumers have won and spoke with our dollars and in turn received better machines. If we continue on buying these subpar play fields, and just bitch about them on pinside, what makes you think companies will improve if their sales numbers haven't dipped? Why has CGC figured it out, but JJP and Stern haven't? I'll purchase a CGC sight unseen because of their reputation. I currently won't purchase a Stern unless it heavily discounted on the 2nd market. JJP is a step up from Stern, but I won't purchase unseen. Unfortunately GnR is dream theme and ordered an LE in FOMO. I hope I don't regret it. I'm also not normally an LE purchaser. I thought I was going to get an SE for sure, but JJP threw a curve ball this time with removing 1/4 of the game's playing surface. Looking at previous models of SEs such as Wonka, DI, WOZ etc. the SE was usually missing a tiny toy that didn't really matter much to the game. So new pricing model kinda sucked for me personally.

You forgot option 3 that they have done in the past lay off 100 employees when their demand drops

#4414 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

They aren't doing a damn thing about it. The PFs have been doing this since WoZ and they haven done shit. The problem is that they cheaped out and stopped silk screening the PFs, they are using a printer and it doesn't work. I traded a beautiful game that I cant replace for a game that will have the art chipping off of it withing 6 months. Whining or not, I don't care and JJP will never get my business again.

Hobbit probably has the best playfield quality ever offered by JJP. Why Micro can't match the quality from their Hobbit playfields made less than 5 years ago is odd.

#4415 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Confused with this production of hooky POTC Playfields....
Mon,Tues,Wed,Thurs.....all ok then Fri they just decide to spew out Playturds TM?
I thought in manufacturing its a process of all or nothing.
You don't keep changing processes and ingredients on the fly!
We need this guy to whoop someone's ass!!
Wise words from Sgt Bob Barnes:-
"And when the machine breaks down, we break down. And I ain't gonna allow that in any of you. Not one JJP!"

Just for transparency sake what’s your stand on all the issues Stern is having with their playfields?

#4416 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just for transparency sake what’s your stand on all the issues Stern is having with their playfields?

I couldn't be happier.
JK

#4417 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I couldn't be happier.
JK

It appears to be the exact same "roll the dice" scenario with both companies

#4418 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

I prefer SPECTRUM tbh

Agreed. Most of us on this forum are probably on the spectrum anyway.

#4419 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Not happy either......I'm done with NIB Stern for now. I switched to having my 1st JJP, only pulled the trigger the day before the 1st GnR Playturd TM appeared on Pinside. I foolishly believed these events were pretty much assigned to the same warehouse storing the Arch of the Covenant in Indiana Jones!
If you want a ganders at my NIB IMDN + BM66 you can check out the GnR owners thread.

#4420 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hobbit probably has the best playfield quality ever offered by JJP. Why Micro can't match the quality from their Hobbit playfields made less than 5 years ago is odd.

The WOZRR that I bought last year has a perfect playfield also. I am hoping for the same quality on my GnR. If not, then I will be looking at CGC’s next remake and waiting to see if they fix the issue.

#4421 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

you roll the dice.

"Come roll the Dice with us!"

I bet this slogan can still be trademarked... (if you hurry)

#4422 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

WTF does that have to do with anything? Can't take that ur precious JJP has some issues so bring Stern into it. That corner u keep bringing up that u want men to go sit in wearing funny hats maybe u need some time there.

#4423 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yep....your right

I hope you feel better about yourself now?

#4424 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I rolled the dice with GNR purchase so only time will tell

I thought you vowed to never buy another JJP again because your distro stiffed you on a CE...

#4425 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I thought you vowed to never buy another JJP again because your distro stiffed you on a CE...

It is continually surprising how many people say they will never buy another NIB, yet hang out in threads for NIB games...

#4426 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It is continually surprising how many people say they will never buy another NIB, yet hang out in threads for NIB games...

Wow the GnR happy thread didn’t last long!One or two early pins shows some defects and this shit blows up.

#4427 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

WTF does that have to do with anything? Can't take that ur precious JJP has some issues so bring Stern into it. That corner u keep bringing up that u want men to go sit in wearing funny hats maybe u need some time there.

Your time was not up yet!

#4428 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes it almost makes you think there maybe an agenda with a few?

#4429 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I ended up with a CE when someone dropped out

#4430 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nice...congrats!

#4431 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Wow that’s awesome! Congrats

#4432 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I hope you feel better about yourself now?

I think its a great game, but the play field issues do concern me....If I didn't get a CE I would have just waited and purchased a nice used LE. Fortunately in my market their always available

#4433 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Yes it almost makes you think there maybe an agenda with a few?

My agenda is getting acceptable quality, a decent value and consumer advocacy. Oh the the horror....the horror.

#4434 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Not happy either......I'm done with NIB Stern for now. I switched to having my 1st JJP, only pulled the trigger the day before the 1st GnR Playturd TM appeared on Pinside. I foolishly believed these events were pretty much assigned to the same warehouse storing the Arch of the Covenant in Indiana Jones!
If you want a ganders at my NIB IMDN + BM66 you can check out the GnR owners thread.

Make sure you read the nice letter sized paper in the envelope labeled "open this first" talking about how the playfields dimple. Got a kick out of it when i unboxed my WW a few weeks ago

#4435 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

My agenda is getting acceptable quality, a decent value and consumer advocacy. Oh the the horror....the horror.

Yes but that can be done on your own time, and not beating a dead horse over and over like some on here!

#4436 3 years ago

The people defending bad product around here is just...well it explains why the world continues a downward spiral.

#4437 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The people defending bad product around here is just...well it explains why the world continues a downward spiral.

No one is defending bad product, that's your interpretation. I think people just get sick and tired of the same individuals saying the same thing over and over. I for one hope both Stern and JJP get the results we all are hoping for with their outside vendors, as I am sure all do here. This or go back to silk screen where I believe the problem lies.

#4438 3 years ago

It shipped with the washers. Game was beautiful! I only played twice as I don't want to spoil too much before mine lands.

#4439 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

No one is defending bad product, that's your interpretation. I think people just get sick and tired of the same individuals saying the same thing over and over.

Correct. Nobody loves chipping/pooling. Everyone wants it to go away.

However, there are thresholds. For some people the gameplay enjoyment outweighs the issue.

#4440 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

great then we don't have to hear from you again!

Bill,

Did you receive an original Magic Girl? Are you in line to receive a new Magic Girl? Is DR still planning on making MG? Do you have any ongoing litigation with DR?

#4441 3 years ago

My Wonka is having issues.
JJP is sending new playfield.
I'll keep it and play it as is then in 10 years do a swap.
Presto new art!

In on GNR LE as well and if same thing happens.
Well??
Same story

#4442 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don't understand this mentality. I don't plan on buying GnR, but I love JJP and pinball in general. Should I stay away from this thread? Should I not join in the conversation about a new game unless I sign a contract to buy it?

#4443 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I don't understand this mentality. I don't plan on buying GnR, but I love JJP and pinball in general. Should stay away from this thread? I can't join in the conversation about a new game unless I sign a contract to buy it? How does this make sense to you? You're telling me you've never posted in a new game thread that you haven't bought? Why not go to the owners thread if you desire an echo chamber? Warning: you might not get it there either, but feel free to criticise those that want to talk about the game. Maybe you should ask to be a mod so you can clean these threads up for us.

Let's not go overboard. Nobody's gatekeeping here!

I'm just saying...some people have been very, very loud about the fact they will never buy another NIB/JJP/Stern/Whatever.
What's the point of saying this to the rest of us over and over again? In a thread about the game they won't buy?

#4444 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Bill,
Did you receive an original Magic Girl? Are you in line to receive a new Magic Girl? Is DR still planning on making MG? Do you have any ongoing litigation with DR?

I want nothing to do with DR or Magic Girl. I never had any litigation going with anyone because to me it was not worth my time and headache, however I do not blame those that did litigate....to each their own. I simply wanted to help get MG across the finish line or expose it for what it was, which we all know how that movie ended. I couldn't stand seeing John take in money from the community without the community knowing what all the true facts were. When we went through the books there was no question what was going on and when I got the machine out of his hands and to some very knowledgeable engineers and pinball techs, that is where my involvement stopped! DR, aren't burning our communities money, but they are burning what I refer to as innocent peoples money and despite the fact we are all big boys and can make decisions ourselves some do take the word of certain individuals that can be very misleading on purpose or not, and these are the people I feel sorry for! lots more Jeff but nutshell

#4445 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Let's not go overboard. Nobody's gatekeeping here!
I'm just saying...some people have been very, very loud about the fact they will never buy another NIB/JJP/Stern/Whatever.
What's the point of saying this to the rest of us over and over again? In a thread about the game they won't buy?

It's usually because someone is disagreeing with them. I could argue with Ice all day about PF quality, but I know he will never give a shit. But he sure likes to stoke the fire. "Pffft, just play and enjoy your 10k game that's falling apart." We all get excited by a troll now and then..

#4446 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

My Wonka is having issues.
JJP is sending new playfield.
I'll keep it and play it as is then in 10 years do a swap.
Presto new art!
In on GNR LE as well and if same thing happens.
Well??
Same story

How long after purchase did you bring up the issue with them? I'm reading the current warranty and it's only 30 days.

#4447 3 years ago

FYI: You should have received this from dist if you bought a JJP GNR - Sept 2020.

47FACA4B-2D29-4210-9F8F-56DC6B345F39 (resized).jpeg47FACA4B-2D29-4210-9F8F-56DC6B345F39 (resized).jpeg

#4448 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Your time was not up yet!

Stop ordering men around like ur a dominatrix. Its a little frightening.

#4449 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Yes but that can be done on your own time, and not beating a dead horse over and over like some on here!

If we are all here together wouldn’t it be OUR time? For you to suggest I do something on my own time would insinuate this was YOUR time. It is not. And this horse is far from dead. It is strong and healthy. Charging straight at NIB Stern and JJP owners.

AB2D1B7E-DE66-411E-9D34-296635610DBB (resized).jpegAB2D1B7E-DE66-411E-9D34-296635610DBB (resized).jpeg
#4450 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I think people just get sick and tired of the same individuals saying the same thing over and over.

Block them then?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/89 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.