pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 111.
#4351 3 years ago

See, if I had my GNR CE I could be upstairs playing it instead of arguing about clearcoat names

BTW I'm in the market for an LE placeholder, if anyone has one en route that wants to wait for a "Spectrum" version.

#4352 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The other thing people seem confused about...unless I'm mistaken he said in the video this process has been in place for about a year.

He said they had been refining it over the past year... he did not make any clear statements on when customer shipments cutover to the new process. But he did say all new stuff will be done using the new process.

So old inventory beware... new inventory is A.S. ... after spectrum

#4353 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

We never had to have a name for the 'bad' playfields either.

Shitfields?

Playturds?

#4354 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I hear there's a great GNR band forum you can check out

Seems like a good time to send part 2 from the GNR fan forum regarding this pinball machine. They don’t seem to be bothered by the presence or absence of spectrum playfields.

4A7FE2C4-E617-41AF-9BCD-F2EC166E3E2F (resized).png4A7FE2C4-E617-41AF-9BCD-F2EC166E3E2F (resized).png9EB0DDEF-EFFB-4088-A133-C14BDF8444C2 (resized).png9EB0DDEF-EFFB-4088-A133-C14BDF8444C2 (resized).pngB12B6B5C-00C9-48D2-B2FA-1B9D69EA926D (resized).pngB12B6B5C-00C9-48D2-B2FA-1B9D69EA926D (resized).pngC6E3BFA7-7B7A-43E8-B0BD-FEF27AD14C87 (resized).pngC6E3BFA7-7B7A-43E8-B0BD-FEF27AD14C87 (resized).pngE5966C7D-15CF-44E2-B30A-6F0CBFB51603 (resized).pngE5966C7D-15CF-44E2-B30A-6F0CBFB51603 (resized).png
#4355 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

I'll argue that it makes things clearer, pardon the pun, not necessarily better. To acknowledge a change to a better process of manufacturing having a name for the v.2.0 pfs makes sense. It was announced on a Spectrum pf so clearly that's the hook to us 'confused'.

You also don't want to disparage your own product and inventory you are sitting on. They've made plenty of process improvements in the past.. and never named any of them. He didn't market it as a new product... just more like 'continuous improvements'.

The confusion came because literally someone thought he named the product 'spectrum' and posted it here.. and now lemmings are clamping onto that.

#4356 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I heard $20,000 and 10 coming to Australia

You forgot the extra $500 lol. Paul told me $20,500 and yea I believe 10 was the number

#4357 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

and part of why we know answers aren't 100% transparent and forthcoming. JJP's party line on the subject has never been that forthcoming and I wouldn't expect you to break ranks. Jack and Eric's body language said way more than their strained answers did.

Steve's a nice dude. He genuinely might not be privy to all the inner brouhaha, in ways Lloyd seems on the fringe also. Dunno.

Both are good dudes!

And these pinball companies are about as transparent as the Colonel and his f'n spices!

#4358 3 years ago

Just wondering if anybody has installed standard mirror blades on a GnR LE yet and if so how they find them? Do they make the light show even more awesome or are a bit too much? Alternatively few people have suggested that maybe 'black' mirrors would be better. Would love some thoughts from anybody who has actually installed 'standard' or 'black' mirror blades on a GnR LE. Would also love to see some video of game play with these installed if available.

#4359 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Just wondering if anybody has installed standard mirror blades on a GnR LE yet and if so how they find them? Do they make the light show even more awesome or are a bit too much? Alternatively few people have suggested that maybe 'black' mirrors would be better. Would love some thoughts from anybody who has actually installed 'standard' or 'black' mirror blades on a GnR LE. Would also love to see some video of game play with these installed if available.

I haven’t installed them because I do not have my game however I was able to play one on location that had mirror blades. Even my wife commented on how sharp it looked. However being me I did notice that due to what looked like a couple of playfield lifts they were scratched a bit so I’m thinking the tolerances are very very tight on this.

#4360 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

See, if I had my GNR CE I could be upstairs playing it instead of arguing about clearcoat names
BTW I'm in the market for an LE placeholder, if anyone has one en route that wants to wait for a "Spectrum" version.

I've been in my arcade playing D.I. and blaring Jukebox for the past 3 hours.

#4361 3 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Just to be fair, i made this quick video, showing JJP Pins, im also sad about the GnR issiues, but i really hope JJP can fix them before shipping more games out, and help the ones out there allready

You have clear coat pooling around your posts on Pirates. Take a closer look

#4362 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Repeat after me:
THE NEW MICRO PLAYFIELDS ARE NOT CALLED SPECTRUM PLAYFIELDS.
THE DEMO WAS DONE ON A PLAYFIELD FOR THE GAME SPECTRUM.

spectrum.gifspectrum.gif
#4363 3 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Just to be fair, i made this quick video, showing JJP Pins, im also sad about the GnR issiues, but i really hope JJP can fix them before shipping more games out, and help the ones out there allready

Thanks for sharing the vid, I love your passion!
Nice setup!
Everything will become clear when you:
- Remove the glass
- Take the protectors off
- Remove the rose tinted spectacles....

And most important off all......

- Stop being in denial

It’s ok, your amongst friends, we understand....let it all out.......

Now zoom in to the posts so we can see the pooling and chipping and start bitching

I’m joking of course .........

#4364 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

So...has Micron said when they first started putting their Spectrum playfields in GNR?

With any luck hopefully they used the old ones in the first batch and will be using the new Spectrum Playfields TM from now on .

#4365 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

With any luck hopefully they used the old ones in the first batch and will be using the new Spectrum Playfields TM from now on .

Hopefully not the same Playturds TM in them all- lock, stock the whole damn lot, jeez!

Edit: I’ll be messaging my Distro - I want LE # 4999 lol.....surely that will be off the line next summer why badge that up.

#4366 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hopefully not the same Playturds TM in them all- lock, stock the whole damn lot, jeez!
Edit: I’ll be messaging my Distro - I want LE # 4999 lol.....surely that will be off the line next summer why badge that up.

That JJP will make that whole lineup of Stern’s you have look so much better!I think your really going to like your JJP game when it arrives!

#4367 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That JJP will make that whole lineup of Stern’s you have look so much better!I think your really going to like your JJP game when it arrives!

Dream theme for me and always wanted a JJP, everything's fantastic so I'm crossing my fingers.

#4368 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That JJP will make that whole lineup of Stern’s you have look so much better!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#4369 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I think nearly every POTC has pooling. I see people on here boast about their game being 'perfect' in threads and FS ads, then their pictures show the same issues as every other one I've seen.

#4370 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

[quoted image]

You go back to the corner where you belong!

IMG_0825 (resized).PNGIMG_0825 (resized).PNG
#4371 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 11.55.44 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-26 at 11.55.44 AM (resized).png

Unless that's a cutout around a playfield protector... sure looks like pooling

#4372 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I think nearly every POTC has pooling. I see people on here boast about their game being 'perfect' in threads and FS ads, then their pictures show the same issues as every other one I've seen.

Quality on WW and POTC play fields are all over the map....my POTC and WW both had very minor pooling, but it wasn't obvious unless u looked hard...I wouldn't be surprised if some didn't have pooling at all.

#4373 3 years ago

Confused with this production of hooky POTC Playfields....
Mon,Tues,Wed,Thurs.....all ok then Fri they just decide to spew out Playturds TM?
I thought in manufacturing its a process of all or nothing.
You don't keep changing processes and ingredients on the fly!

We need this guy to whoop someone's ass!!
Wise words from Sgt Bob Barnes:-
"And when the machine breaks down, we break down. And I ain't gonna allow that in any of you. Not one JJP!"

#4374 3 years ago

It continues to amaze me how worked up some people get about “minor pooling”.

“Chipping” on the other hand is a totally different issue. Like we saw on early Woz runs and GB chip gate.

And don’t give me the BS about how “pooling” is going to lead to “chipping”

You won’t live long enough to see that happen. Lol

If it bothers you that much then never buy a NIB pin. Wait until they come up on the secondary market and go take your magnifying glass over to the Seller to inspect every little inch of it.

But, but, but they owe me a perfect game and I have the right to buy a NIB game

Simple solution, IF a current company doesn’t meet YOUR specs then don’t f ing buy it.

Meanwhile, I’ll be playing the shit out mine and enjoying it. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff or get another hobby

#4375 3 years ago

For over 10 years now I’ve never seen someone complain about dimples and/or pooling ruining the experience of game play

Play your damn games and have fun ffs!

#4376 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It continues to amaze me how worked up some people get about “minor pooling”.
“Chipping” on the other hand is a totally different issue. Like we saw on early Woz runs and GB chip gate.

The fuck you talking about? My Wonka went from pooling to chipping in less than a month.

#4377 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

The fuck you talking about? My Wonka went from pooling to chipping in less than a month.

BS. And the pooling didn’t cause any F ing chipping

#4378 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You have no idea what you are talking about.

#4379 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I’m sure I do. Since I own 20 pins and have bought and sold many more

Your non stop whining ain’t gonna help you

#4380 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My recently completed warranty claim #5107 would disagree with you. Feel free to pick up the phone and call JJP. Ask for Steve Z. Mention my claim number.

#4381 3 years ago

My recently completed warranty claim #5107 would disagree with you. Feel free to pick up the phone and call JJP. Ask for Steve Z. Mention my claim number.

Oh the f ing horror of it! Lol

What was the remedy?

Did they replace YOUR play field with a newly populated one?

Some JJP pf’s have had chipping issues in the past totally unrelated to POOLING

#4382 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Oh the f ing horror of it! Lol
What was the remedy?
Did they replace YOUR play field with a newly populated one?

Nope. Unpopulated. I made a lot of noise about it too. I'm still making noise about it. I'm not pleased. And I have NOT been made whole.

20190903_072918 (resized).jpg20190903_072918 (resized).jpg

left-post (resized).jpgleft-post (resized).jpg

#4383 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry have to dissagee on that. Once that pooling cures the CC shatters like a glazed donut. There are Plenty of posts and pictures to prove that fact. When its still soft its repairable but Not after it hardens and cures.

#4384 3 years ago

^^^^^^^ That Wonka Sucks!

#4385 3 years ago

Nope. Unpopulated. I made a lot of noise about it too. I'm still making noise about it. I'm not pleased. And I have NOT been made whole.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

And you think you deserve a new fully populated pf? Lol

#4386 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry have to dissagee on that. Once that pooling cures the CC shatters like a glazed donut. There are Plenty of posts and pictures to prove that fact. When its still soft its repairable but Not after it hardens and cures.

We aren’t talking about the same thing then

I’ve seen some issues with people f ing around with their posts, putting washers in etc.

Sorry but that dog doesn’t hunt

#4387 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And you think you deserve a new fully populated pf? Lol

You damn right I do. Those two posts were only the first two posts to experience damage. Since then it's migrated to other posts. Every single post screwed to the field has a pile of clearcoat around it, and artwork is chipping up on several of them. It's devalued my game and it happened after a fucking MONTH. I'm seriously angry. I bought and paid for a new game and I expect a warranty repair to be just that: repaired. Sending me a blank field doesn't cut it. It's not my fault you had clearcoat quality issues. I wanted my game fixed. I tried to return it, no dice. In the end I got an unpopulated field because that's as far as JJP was willing to go. Fuck that noise. I'll never buy a NIB pin again. Ever.

wonka playfield (resized).jpgwonka playfield (resized).jpg

#4388 3 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Holy crap, you wanted a fully populated playfield for this? Damn Stern and JJp would be out of business if people wanted populated palyfields for this! I bought two Sterns at once and both had ghosting inserts that you need to look hard for but they would not do a thing. I think you best stay away from New in box purchases from every company. Having said this I am betting both companies are doing what they can with the companies having the problems getting the clear coat just right for the new direct print process. fingers crossed

#4389 3 years ago

You damn right I do. Those two posts were only the first two posts to experience damage. Since then it's migrated to other posts. Every single post screwed to the field has a pile of clearcoat around it, and artwork is chipping up on several of them. It's devalued my game and it happened after a fucking MONTH. I'm seriously angry. I bought and paid for a new game and I expect a warranty repair to be just that: repaired. Sending me a blank field doesn't cut it. It's not my fault you had clearcoat quality issues. I wanted my game fixed. I tried to return it, no dice. In the end I got an unpopulated field because that's as far as JJP was willing to go. Fuck that noise. I'll never buy a NIB pin again. Ever.
[quoted image]

So why stay in pinball if it's causing you this much unhappiness?

#4390 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m sure I do. Since I own 20 pins and have bought and sold many more
Your non stop whining ain’t gonna help you

Wasn't whining. You still have no clue.

#4391 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So why stay in pinball if it's causing you this much unhappiness?

It IS possible to be angry about a pinball transaction AND enjoy playing pinball at the same time. I'm quite capable of having both emotions at once.

Anyone who thinks I'll go away quietly about this is sorely mistaken.

#4392 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Like I said. Problem solved. Don’t buy NIB. Not trying to be mean but it is what it is.

I’d say this in the meantime, enjoy your game and then when the ENTIRE pf just falls apart and there is zero artwork left then take your new PF and have it swapped out

#4393 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Wasn't whining. You still have no clue.

it's whining

#4394 3 years ago

What are you gonna do Billy!!

Holy crap the level of absurdity is off the charts with this crap

#4395 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I am betting both companies are doing what they can with the companies having the problems getting the clear coat just right for the new direct print process. fingers crossed

They aren't doing a damn thing about it. The PFs have been doing this since WoZ and they haven done shit. The problem is that they cheaped out and stopped silk screening the PFs, they are using a printer and it doesn't work. I traded a beautiful game that I cant replace for a game that will have the art chipping off of it withing 6 months. Whining or not, I don't care and JJP will never get my business again.

#4396 3 years ago

It IS possible to be angry about a pinball transaction AND enjoy playing pinball at the same time. I'm quite capable of having both emotions at once.
Anyone who thinks I'll go away quietly about this is sorely mistaken.

Yea I don't understand when someone tells you to stay away from pinball when you get a faulty playfield. Stop defending JJP chipping playfields Frisco. It is tiresome.

The guy just wants a playfield that wears normally under normal conditions. Why is that whining? Maybe you guys just have low standards?

#4397 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

They aren't doing a damn thing about it. The PFs have been doing this since WoZ and they haven done shit. The problem is that they cheaped out and stopped silk screening the PFs, they are using a printer and it doesn't work. I traded a beautiful game that I cant replace for a game that will have the art chipping off of it withing 6 months. Whining or not, I don't care and JJP will never get my business again.

Come on Wes stop your f ing whining!!

You traded away an old Funhouse, albeit a fun classic, for a great new GNR

NO BRAINER.

You can come see me and play ALL of my games, including GNR, in all their defect glory, drinks included, to help take the sting away from your pain

I have a few with pooling, one with some tiny sliver of ghosting. I hope you stand it

#4398 3 years ago

Much as though I want a GnR, my solution at the moment is to WAIT.

A bit of pooling etc does not effect gameplay at all.

But everyone I have ever met in pinball is obsessed with re-sale value and damn, it will effect re-sale value!

#4399 3 years ago

I get both sides of this argument, and the only remedy is to buy used where u can inspect and make the call on your own. Both my WW and POTC had very minor pooling so I considered myself lucky....unfortunately this solution doesn't help JJP or Stern....I rolled the dice with GNR purchase so only time will tell, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. My only hope is that JJP is proactively doing something to solve this issue. Unfortunately they choose to be silent on the issue so nobody knows, and were all speculating.

#4400 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I get both sides of this argument, and the only remedy is to buy used where u can inspect and make the call on your own. Both my WW and POTC had very minor pooling so I considered myself lucky....unfortunately this solution doesn't help JJP or Stern....I rolled the dice with GNR purchase so only time will tell, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. My only hope is that JJP is proactively doing something to solve this issue. Unfortunately they choose to be silent on the issue so nobody knows, and were all speculating.

You've acknowledged there's a problem, you've experienced the problem, and yet you've STILL made a NIB purchase. Not only are you not helping the problem, you are actively making it worse by continuing to purchase new pins.

This issue will never go away while people continue to buy NIB machines.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/88?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.