pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 111.
#4301 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Once JJP figures out their GNR manufacturing they really should do another run of POTC games (although I doubt they'll do it)

I could see them doing another run of POTC if they think they can get enough sales at a price that works for them. Why wouldn't they? They've already sunk all the developement costs.

#4302 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I could see them doing another run of POTC if they think they can get enough sales at a price that works for them. Why wouldn't they? They've already sunk all the developement costs.

My guess is they could easily raise the price on POTC LE's and sell 200 before they even started manufacturing. Theres way too much demand and used ones are selling at $14K+ ....

#4303 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is they could easily raise the price on POTC LE's and sell 200 before they even started manufacturing. Theres way too much demand and used ones are selling at $14K+ ....

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. The company has ended the run of Wonkas, what is out there is what is available. The company has no interest now in going backwards. It is full steam ahead for JJP, just watch.

#4304 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. The company has ended the run of Wonkas, what is out there is what is available. The company has no interest now in going backwards. It is full steam ahead for JJP.

Agreed. All this "they could charge more" is speculation which is the wrong way to build a business plan. What they Could charge only matters when the checks are written lol. Look forward and keep making great games.

#4305 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. The company has ended the run of Wonkas, what is out there is what is available. The company has no interest now in going backwards. It is full steam ahead for JJP.

I didn't say it was gonna happen....I said if they decided to they could easily raise the price and sell hundreds......I was referencing POTC's and not Wonkas

#4306 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I didn't say it was gonna happen....I said if they decided to they could easily raise the price and sell hundreds......I was referencing POTC's and not Wonkas

I know that, I read what you wrote. Distros were sent a email on Friday telling them Wonka is done. The company is not going backwards on any old title...doesn't make sense. They had many problems with Pirates, no way it will ever happen. They are moving forward with new titles from here on out.

#4307 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I know that, I read what you wrote. Distros were sent a email on Friday telling them Wonka is done. The company is not going backwards on any old title...doesn't make sense. They had many problems with Pirates, no way it will ever happen. They are moving forward with new titles from here on out.

Not surprising on Wonka's as they need to dedicate their entire lines to GNR. We'll see if thats the new JJP (clearly that has not been the case the last 8 years)? So your telling me they will never build another run of WOZ games? That model works if they repeat whats happened on GNR, but if not than going back makes all the sense in the world. I mean even Stern goes backwards with their vault games if theres demand.

#4308 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

The company has no interest now in going backwards. It is full steam ahead for JJP, just watch.

I disagree. JJP needs to keep the production line moving. It would be smart to re-release already completed games, that have demand, when needed. Which I would expect with their longer design cycles.

I think that's what's kept Stern in business as opposed to the Williams/Bally one and done philosophy.

#4309 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

This opinion of yours implies something I can't quite follow. YBR WOZ is the result of EVERYONE in a position of power getting tired of the question "you've been out of your runaway best selling game forever and I want one, please make more already" basically from what I could tell. And yes a small YBR run (very small) filled the void until Wonka was truly ready. This part, yes. POTC wasn't killed in the sense you imply at all. It was very odd that Jack announced it ahead of time the way he did but they did want the game to sell so I guess the strategy was to create the FOMO amonst those on the fence about buying? It sold out very quickly once the announcement sunk in, and all units were sold before they were completely off the line.
Next came Wonka.

So to fill woz backlog you create a super priced game.. with reduced features and new investment on a very very small batch? Just build more RR or standards at that point... no need to drive new interest if its just to fill pent up demand. Doesn’t pass the sniff test.

Meanwhile you have your latest and greatest game’s run aborted way early... and obviously done intentionally as they didnt have have parts either.

And given everyone’s attitude and demeanor at TPF... I’m sticking with POTC was killed. You wouldn’t have needed a schedule filler before wonka if they committed to POTC. Eric looked like his parents had grounded him. Jack sounded like the man struggling to hold the party line. He wanted to see demand for potc, but just couldn’t put any credence to the future. Best he could convey was desire and ability, but no commitment. He clearly looked like the guy there delivering the message... not the guy who made the call.

My read was POTC was seen as too risky, too expensive, not enough demand... so they killed it because they were gambling wonka would be the opposite. Strong demand, better margins, better payoff. Sure looked the power move had been made, the overlords had put their foot down and were betting on the lawlor project. Ybr was just the solution to the void caused by the potc decision.

No insider... but my take.

#4310 3 years ago

I wanted a POTC and
Was going to buy one till the PFs started
Coming apart on them. I thought that issue was fixed or
I wouldn’t have pulled the trigger on GNR

#4311 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So to fill woz backlog you create a super priced game.. with reduced features and new investment on a very very small batch? Just build more RR or standards at that point... no need to drive new interest if its just to fill pent up demand. Doesn’t pass the sniff test.
Meanwhile you have your latest and greatest game’s run aborted way early... and obviously done intentionally as they didnt have have parts either.
And given everyone’s attitude and demeanor at TPF... I’m sticking with POTC was killed. You wouldn’t have needed a schedule filler before wonka if they committed to POTC. Eric looked like his parents had grounded him. Jack sounded like the man struggling to hold the party line. He wanted to see demand for potc, but just couldn’t put any credence to the future. Best he could convey was desire and ability, but no commitment. He clearly looked like the guy there delivering the message... not the guy who made the call.
My read was POTC was seen as too risky, too expensive, not enough demand... so they killed it because they were gambling wonka would be the opposite. Strong demand, better margins, better payoff. Sure looked the power move had been made, the overlords had put their foot down and were betting on the lawlor project. Ybr was just the solution to the void caused by the potc decision.

Fine. I work here. But whatever I'm not going to argue and in the end it doesn't matter anyway. It's an interesting discussion.

#4312 3 years ago

There will 100% be another GNR LE. That's why I need to buy now, I love concert posters, I couldn't have fathomed an art package comprised of them, this is the LE I need.

#4313 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So to fill wozrly... pirates was seen as too risky, too expensive, not enough demand... so they killed it because they were gambling wonka would be the opposite. Strong demand, better margins, better payoff. Sure looked the power move had been made, the overlords had put their foot down and were betting on the lawlor project. Ybr was just the solution to the void caused by the potc decision.

That was then. Which might have better sales now - a 500 unit run of Pirates or Wonka? I’d say pirates. But if JJP doesn’t need to or want to go backwards, then moving ahead is the right course. No remakes, get the game while it is in production. Lessons learned. I can see the tea leaves and JJP won’t make more JJPOTC.

#4314 3 years ago

"WOZ Yellow Brick Road" was made for me:

1. Yellow it’s my favorite color.
2. I never played the game before I bought it, so I had no idea about the monkey...(no need that monkey to enjoy my game, but read that it is nice).
3. I was able to get #33 and that was my grandmother’s house number(I grew up there), so I honored my childhood in her home.
4. My GN’R Collector’s in that purple will be besides my Yellow Brick Road instead of AFM.D5FD4DEF-CA05-4947-9656-A41405E20D30 (resized).jpegD5FD4DEF-CA05-4947-9656-A41405E20D30 (resized).jpeg

29BB3B72-4CC2-4598-966C-F28A95C7C910 (resized).jpeg29BB3B72-4CC2-4598-966C-F28A95C7C910 (resized).jpeg5559A36C-6473-4B79-8788-8D6FC6459249 (resized).jpeg5559A36C-6473-4B79-8788-8D6FC6459249 (resized).jpeg
#4315 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think there's anything I'd change on the LE as I think the current art package looks incredible.

They don't have to change anything but if they sell 5000 GnR LE's in the next year and have demand they will make more. Might change a little something and give it a new name but the core game and art will be there. All I'm saying is there's time to wait if ur concerned about PF issues.

#4316 3 years ago

I wouldn’t be so sure about another LE, what is JJPs biggest selling game to date?

#4317 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I wouldn’t be so sure about another LE, what is JJPs biggest selling game to date?

WOZ and it’s not even close.

#4318 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

WOZ and it’s not even close.

How many do you think that sold?

#4319 3 years ago

Just to be fair, i made this quick video, showing JJP Pins, im also sad about the GnR issiues, but i really hope JJP can fix them before shipping more games out, and help the ones out there allready

#4320 3 years ago

Does anyone think it would be wise to wait till much later to collect my game so hopefully the PF issues will be dealt with.

#4321 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Does anyone think it would be wise to wait till much later to collect my game so hopefully the PF issues will be dealt with.

Well later games are going to have micro’s updated PF process. The only question is when the cutover of inventory will really make it into builds...

#4322 3 years ago

Are you talking about Spectrum playfields? I’ve heard about those.

#4323 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That was then. Which might have better sales now - a 500 unit run of Pirates or Wonka? I’d say pirates. But if JJP doesn’t need to or want to go backwards, then moving ahead is the right course. No remakes, get the game while it is in production. Lessons learned. I can see the tea leaves and JJP won’t make more JJPOTC.

They will want them in the future for the same reason started their multi title strategy... to have diversity of options for home buyers.

JJP didn’t have the capacity nor fiscal ability to do it in the past... maybe in JJP v2 we have now maybe they will be able to... let’s hope

#4324 3 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Just to be fair, i made this quick video, showing JJP Pins, im also sad about the GnR issiues, but i really hope JJP can fix them before shipping more games out, and help the ones out there allready

Which one do you play the most?

#4325 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Which one do you play the most?

I absolutely love POTC, nit sure GnR can beat it, but im a huge fan off the music though

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4326 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I had a flat tire on my car last week but I don't suspect Everyone that owns a Ford will.

Even for a cargument, that's a really bad one! Driving technique and road conditions affect tires as much as manufacturing.

This would be akin to if pinball players nudged, and some didn't, that the nudgers games would bust apart. Or sumthin....

I hope this issue is a small, non issue, and isn't widespread, but even if it IS just the first run of games, that's a very, very bad precedent to set, especially after the 2 games prior that initially had playfield issues.

#4327 3 years ago

JJP,

1. have all defective pfs sent back to you and send out new fully populated spectrum pfs to replace. Early buyers will be cool doing this, especially given the alternatives...

2. Re cycle mechs, wires and everything off the bad pfs onto new spectrum pfs, new rubbers etc and put in new cabs and sell 1k cheaper as reconditioned returns. Watch everyone fight over these for a 1 k cheaper pin.

3. Sell off unused pre- 'spectrum/speculum/whatever" pfs as wall art on Facebook to cover manufacturing costs.

4. Only use spectrum pfs moving forward, put your hands up and admit a small early error and all will be forgiven.

You've raised the bar and its a shame to see it get wobbled by something easily rectified. It might mean dedicating a small factory line for a short period but consumer loyalty will be turned up to 11 long term. Just my 0.02p

#4328 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

JJP,
1. have all defective pfs sent back to you and send out new fully populated spectrum pfs to replace.

Repeat after me:

THE NEW MICRO PLAYFIELDS ARE NOT CALLED SPECTRUM PLAYFIELDS.
THE DEMO WAS DONE ON A PLAYFIELD FOR THE GAME SPECTRUM.

#4329 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Repeat after me:

You are correct of course

#4330 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Repeat after me:

Seems like this will need to be a daily post for you for the next month or so..!

How'd that all start, from the Mirco demonstration last week? I haven't watched yet....

#4331 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Repeat after me:

Yes well done. Already address several times above. What would you like to call them? You can be the inventor of their new and permanent name if you're quick....

#4332 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Repeat after me:

You NEED to let this go buddy.. your going to give yourself and aneurism.. I can just envisage the vein bursting out of your head..

#4333 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Yes well done. Already address several times above. What would you like to call them? You can be the inventor of their new and permanent name if you're quick....

Ok. I hereby dub the new playfields PINSIDE HYSTERIA.

#4334 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ok. I hereby dub the new playfields PINSIDE HYSTERIA.

I prefer SPECTRUM tbh

#4336 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Repeat after me:

It must be awesome being you, correct all the time, smarter than everyone else. For that my sir you get to use all CAPS

#4337 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

It must be awesome being you, correct all the time, smarter than everyone else. For that my sir you get to use all CAPS

Recognize

#4338 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Repeat after me:

Ha. At this point Mirco would be smart to now brand them that way.

#4339 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Repeating the name attached by the confused doesn't make things better. Why does it need a name? It's simply "mirco's new process" or "newer micro playfields"

We never had to have a name for the 'bad' playfields either...

#4340 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Seems like this will need to be a daily post for you for the next month or so..!
How'd that all start, from the Mirco demonstration last week? I haven't watched yet....

I really need a new hobby, or at least a better community.

#4341 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

I prefer SPECTRUM tbh

Like the new playfield? That spectrum?

#4342 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I hear there's a great GNR band forum you can check out

#4343 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

"Little patience, mm yeah, mm yeah
Need a little patience, yeah
Just a little patience, yeah
Some more patience, yeah (I've browsing Pinside at night)"

#4344 3 years ago

Whatever happened to the CERAMIC clear that Mirco advertised!?

D.I LE playfields were ceramic weren’t they?
No problem with my DI LE or Wonka CE Playfields - Wonka has more dimples in it actually

#4345 3 years ago

So...has Micron said when they first started putting their Spectrum playfields in GNR?

#4346 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Repeating the name attached by the confused doesn't make things better. Why does it need a name? It's simply "mirco's new process" or "newer micro playfields"
We never had to have a name for the 'bad' playfields either...

I'll argue that it makes things clearer, pardon the pun, not necessarily better. To acknowledge a change to a better process of manufacturing having a name for the v.2.0 pfs makes sense. It was announced on a Spectrum pf so clearly that's the hook to us 'confused'.

#4347 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

I'll argue that it makes things clearer, pardon the pun, not necessarily better. To acknowledge a change to a better process of manufacturing having a name for the v.2.0 pfs makes sense. It was announced on a Spectrum pf so clearly that's the hook to us 'confused'.

The other thing people seem confused about...unless I'm mistaken he said in the video this process has been in place for about a year.

#4348 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

So...has Micron said when they first started putting their Spectrum playfields in GNR?

I reckon they’ve been there all along
JJP + Mirco now on plan A,B,..............X !
Expect washers for foreseeable future ....

#4349 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Repeat after me:

Well, at least it was a Spectum playfield, which has a ring to it. At least it wasn’t Thunderbirds, although Wheel of Fortune may be more appropriate.

#4350 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Fine. I work here.

and part of why we know answers aren't 100% transparent and forthcoming. JJP's party line on the subject has never been that forthcoming and I wouldn't expect you to break ranks. Jack and Eric's body language said way more than their strained answers did.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/87?hl=breger1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.