pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 111.
#4251 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And while you’re at it, send me to the Elvira $7200 shipped distributor too.

Gotta get out there and grease some palms people! Oh and play in some IFPA events. Level up!

#4252 3 years ago

Hopefully JJP isn't using posts again that have an extruding edge that digs into the playfield. The pictures below are from a slingshot post on a Pirates I once had. It was a later build and had a plastic washer installed under the post from the factory. The plastic washer shows the edge digging into it (better that then the playfield). I wonder if posts on GNR have the plastic washers installed underneath.

272de6fede9fee8a8547778ad012df344b85326e (resized).jpg272de6fede9fee8a8547778ad012df344b85326e (resized).jpg
8a08956226ce33ab4cbce84ac85256fac4d2c495 (resized).jpg8a08956226ce33ab4cbce84ac85256fac4d2c495 (resized).jpg

#4253 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is the back stage a magnet?

Yes

#4254 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Gotta get out there and grease some palms people! Oh and play in some IFPA events. Level up!

So spend $500 in gas, beer, food, Pinball over the course of a year and save $300 on an NIB?
Now you may be onto something with the greasy palms thing, I’ll have talk to my distributor with some flave flave. Oh the things we do for Pinball

#4255 3 years ago

But seriously. It’s much more important to get with a distro you can trust then trying to find the cheapest price.

#4256 3 years ago

If this is a matter of the ink not adhering to the wood it doesn’t matter what you do it will eventually come off one way or the other. I will buy another PF for my game and have someone do something to it to make it not chip if that is possible and I will never buy another game with a PF made by Mirco or a game from JJP for doing this to people....again.

#4257 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Send me the info on where i can get an AIQ prem for $7200 delivered.

You can't.

#4258 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hopefully JJP isn't using posts again that have an extruding edge that digs into the playfield. The pictures below are from a slingshot post on a Pirates I once had. It was a later build and had a plastic washer installed under the post from the factory. The plastic washer shows the edge digging into it (better that then the playfield). I wonder if posts on GNR have the plastic washers installed underneath.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

They are not. Also, the sling posts are metal.

#4259 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah, IFPA has a Stern discount program for those ranked 1000 or below.

#4260 3 years ago

Guns N Roses Standard Edition Gameplay Launch Party (Jersey Jack 2020)

#4261 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Think about this logically for one moment.

Don’t need to tell me that, but at this point it wouldn’t surprise me if it was indeed true.

#4262 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But seriously. It’s much more important to get with a distro you can trust then trying to find the cheapest price.

Agree. Saving 100-200 bucks on a 7-10k purchase isnt a big deal.

#4263 3 years ago

Hobo just made it official, he likes GNR's the best!

hobo GNR (resized).jpghobo GNR (resized).jpg
#4264 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Terry at pinball life sells the washers.
https://www.pinballlife.com/narrow-post-playfield-protector.html

#4265 3 years ago
Those are polycarb though, looks like the ones JJP included are soft flexible. Those might just expand the issue further out versus dissipating the force of contact

#4266 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If this is a matter of the ink not adhering to the wood it doesn’t matter what you do it will eventually come off one way or the other. I will buy another PF for my game and have someone do something to it to make it not chip if that is possible and I will never buy another game with a PF made by Mirco or a game from JJP for doing this to people....again.

Understand your a bit upset but to put a perspective on this it IS possible your game will be fine. Does appear of the few Hundred games they have shipped we have collectively seen 3 maybe 4 games posted with an issue. Not saying its good but the odds are Strongly in your favor that this 1-2% issue will likely be addressed by the time you get your game. Possible anyway... I had a flat tire on my car last week but I don't suspect Everyone that owns a Ford will. Just sayin, keep your head up and don't Hope for the worst.

#4267 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Understand your a bit upset but to put a perspective on this it IS possible your game will be fine. Does appear of the few Hundred games they have shipped we have collectively seen 3 maybe 4 games posted with an issue. Not saying its good but the odds are Strongly in your favor that this 1-2% issue will likely be addressed by the time you get your game. Possible anyway... I had a flat tire on my car last week but I don't suspect Everyone that owns a Ford will. Just sayin, keep your head up and don't Hope for the worst.

Well said!

#4268 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

When you have torque controlled tools (as they do on the line) - there is no need for this. You get precision each time.
The 'over cranked' posts theory was debunked long ago. Not sure why people keep coming back to this... that was JJP's first excuse when the rippling appeared on POTC. It was quickly debunked.

Agreed. Definitely not over tightened post.

#4269 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Who the fuck is hoping for the worst? Give me a break. And like you have any idea the issue is 1-2%. You are unbelievable. What exactly are you trying to protect here. Hmmmm.

#4270 3 years ago

Anyone who owns the LEs have any pooling pics? We have a lot of members here who got one on launch week. Should be easy to debunk if its a widespread issue.

#4271 3 years ago

Hard to see but my friend has no issues on his post anywhere and the VUK is perfect.

55528E4D-44FA-4163-97E6-F7C8D9D0A0FE (resized).png55528E4D-44FA-4163-97E6-F7C8D9D0A0FE (resized).png8799A870-E4B2-4296-B352-D77F52DA273A (resized).jpeg8799A870-E4B2-4296-B352-D77F52DA273A (resized).jpeg

#4272 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Who the fuck is hoping for the worst? Give me a break. And like you have any idea the issue is 1-2%. You are unbelievable. What exactly are you trying to protect here. Hmmmm.

ok? lol

#4273 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

What the fuck are you doing here then?

Talking about pinball. I thought that was obvious...

#4274 3 years ago

Donation or not, this CE sold for $20’500 a few hours ago.

7278FE0E-3A62-43C7-87C4-0A32BAAA9A0C (resized).png7278FE0E-3A62-43C7-87C4-0A32BAAA9A0C (resized).png
#4275 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Donation or not, this CE sold for $20’500 a few hours ago.
[quoted image]

Not true. The donation is very important. Someone agreed to donate $8000 to a charity in order to buy the machine. This person could have easily just bought an LE. Great that the guy donated that much though!

#4276 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Hard to see but my friend has no issues on his post anywhere and the VUK is perfect.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Way too much of a gamble for me at $15,000 for a LE machine that may or may not pool.

#4277 3 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Way too much of a gamble for me at $15,000 for a LE machine that may or may not pool.

I keep switching back and forth. Very confused.

#4278 3 years ago

I’d love to jump on an LE but not until these playfield issues are sorted by JJP and there’s plenty out there to prove it’s been sorted and these aren’t just prototype playfields falling apart.

I got lucky (so far it seems) with my AIQLE but I don’t fancy pushing my luck with another 10k purchase.

#4279 3 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Don't forget the extra $450 .
No harm in holding off for a bit , as more people get them I guess we'll find out if it really is a big issue or not .

#4280 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No harm in holding off for a bit , as more people get them I guess we'll find out if it really is a big issue or not .

Yeah. I understand the dream theme GnR fans not being able to wait, but let them figure it out and buy one in a year from now. JJP will release many versions of the LE.

#4281 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

JJP will release many versions of the LE.

I really like this LE art package it's the best in my opinion .
What happened to the Lord Humungus ?

#4282 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Not true. The donation is very important. Someone agreed to donate $8000 to a charity in order to buy the machine. This person could have easily just bought an LE. Great that the guy donated that much though!

Agreed. Donation aspect puts this in a whole other league.

#4283 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Agreed. Donation aspect puts this in a whole other league.

Agree. Put it in the employee area for awhile and write it off

#4284 3 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

How much were CE’s in USD, if you could get one?
Also if not too painful to discuss and you may know, how many CE’s were assigned to Australia?

#4285 3 years ago

As we wait for JJP to crank out a few thousand GNR’s, I look to the future. Would love JJP to release a Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix or Pink Floyd pinball. If they act fast, Ozzy will still be alive. Jack, Can you ask your buddy Slash to help get Ozzy onboard and then make my dream music pin next?

Think Eric/Slash/Ozzie design effort. Ozzy Osborn makes an ideal character to feature and Ozzy might discuss his involvement in the pinball process during his reality show.

#4286 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Would love JJP to release a Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix or Pink Floyd pin in the future. If they act fast, Ozzy will still be alive. Ask Slash to help get Ozzy onboard the project. That would be my dream music pin.

Seeing the light show on GnR, I want to see them do something insane, like Rammstein. They need to incorporate fire somehow though.

#4287 3 years ago

How much were CE’s in USD, if you could get one?
Also if not too painful to discuss and you may know, how many CE’s were assigned to Australia?

I heard $20,000 and 10 coming to Australia

#4288 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Seeing the light show on GnR, I want to see them do something insane, like Rammstein. They need to incorporate fire somehow though.

Three bands have light shows ranked at the top of many polls. Of these, Pink Floyd is the only one I know, like and have seen in concert. Plus they use lots of lasers. But JJP’s new tools open up some possibilities.

1. phish
2. Pink Floyd
3. Umphrey McGee

#4289 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah. I understand the dream theme GnR fans not being able to wait, but let them figure it out and buy one in a year from now. JJP will release many versions of the LE.

I love ya but no. Upper mgt will do 5000 of one LE

#4290 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't think there's anything I'd change on the LE as I think the current art package looks incredible.

I would love to see an alternate art package on the SE as the current package leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe make a variant of the LE art for the SE? Keeping the tour lithos but going with a black or blue base color vs. red.

#4291 3 years ago

As we wait for JJP to crank out a few thousand GNR’s, I look to the future. Would love JJP to release a Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix or Pink Floyd pinball. If they act fast, Ozzy will still be alive. Jack, Can you ask your buddy Slash to help get Ozzy onboard and then make my dream music pin next?
Think Eric/Slash/Ozzie design effort. Ozzy Osborn makes an ideal character to feature and Ozzy might discuss his involvement in the pinball process during his reality show.

With an ant snorting mode, yes!

#4292 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

No pee snorting mode?

#4293 3 years ago

Three bands have light shows ranked at the top of many polls. Of these, Pink Floyd is the only one I know, like and have seen in concert. Plus they use lots of lasers. But JJP’s new tools open up some possibilities.
1. phish
2. Pink Floyd
3. Umphrey McGee

Phish is no surprise at the top. Their light show guy is regarded as the 5th member of the band he is so good.

This is just a taste from this past New Year’s Eve at MSG.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6yeyCinsfvWJAqjknV45sm9q7tvK6GHh4TRik0/?igshid=y5y8h4mv98yk

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6uSZcRHUdhw6mApoD13f6knxrav0KBUsrlcyw0/?igshid=1fm36clm2b8r3

#4294 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

My take...

I think the historical re-runs of WOZ and Hobbit were done for specific reasons at specific times, and not as a general product strategy.

Everyone was beating the “MOAR PIRATEZ” drum, but JJP knew they had something amazing coming with GNR and stayed focused on that.
I bet there are even more amazing plans in the pipeline we don’t know about.

Also consider how much the POTC FOMO fed into the GNR feeding frenzy...if the game runs are legitimately capped at the stated amounts it helps drive purchases on the next title.

#4295 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My take...
I think the historical re-runs of WOZ and Hobbit were done for specific reasons at specific times, and not as a general product strategy.

Their strategy was “we need to sell more games”

They released a new variant to try to generate new interest. They didn’t have a better horse to run so they doll up the best they had. Ruby red was a way to sell woz at a better price and basically a version 2.0 of the game. Woz was a winner... so how do you keep that pumping? New model year...

Black arrow was a desperate move to try to generate some fomo interest in the lagging hobbit... and probably trying to use up the inventory they had. It showed marketing alone couldn’t save that cow.

YBR is the one odd ball that totally seemed to be about production schedules... and was a filler to span until wonka was ready. The game should tell you everything really about POTC.... and why they went back to woz instead of a potc special edition for 200 games as the filler.

Potc was killed.

#4296 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

No pee snorting mode?

Black Sabbath - the band and their music - are overqualified and worthy a top notch pin. Add in some crazy Ozzy antics to define a dozen possible modes.

Ant Snorting
Urine Licking
Cocaine Planes
Bat Biting and Head Removal
Burglary
Drugging a Vicar
Shooting his Cats
Party at the White House
Urinating on Alamo
Drink Driving to Labour
Rock 'n' Roll Hotel Carnage
Slaughterhouse Employee of the Month

Ok, these would make for shitty modes. But, maybe Eric could select a few videos and studio songs per iconic Sabbath concert performance and the JJP Team can create magic again.

”Being crazy like a bat isn’t the same thing as being bat shit crazy”.

#4297 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Their strategy was “we need to sell more games”
They released a new variant to try to generate new interest. They didn’t have a better horse to run so they doll up the best they had. Ruby red was a way to sell woz at a better price and basically a version 2.0 of the game. Woz was a winner... so how do you keep that pumping? New model year...
Black arrow was a desperate move to try to generate some fomo interest in the lagging hobbit... and probably trying to use up the inventory they had. It showed marketing alone couldn’t save that cow.

You have the first part pretty close and the second part 180 degrees off. DI launch was where we introduced Black Arrow with Jack promising a run of no more than 750 units, which was adhered to, but the thing you said about parts is flipped - it wasn't to use up inventory we had; in fact it required the purchase of 750 games times each part multiplied by the number of that part used in each machine blah blah blah

If there was a time when we went for "hey let's use up parts we bought it was at the very end of Black Arrow when DI was starting and running up to speed. Then they decided "hey, all of our Hobbits sold away and we have demand for some more, so the result was another 100 BAs and 90 LEs (I made these numbers up)" became the plan. Smaugs we were stopped from making because, ala the CE DI run, Jack limited the ordering window of Smaugs to long before that (I got a Smaug BTW). And you are entitled to call it a cow that's cool but since the 3.10 code especially, factory is sold out and so are almost every distributor and there will never be another Hobbit run so it ended up doing fine all things considered. My personal thought was that Black Arrow came to be because DI wouldn't be ready for full line push for a few months so we made BA Hobbits.

YBR is the one odd ball that totally seemed to be about production schedules... and was a filler to span until wonka was ready. The game should tell you everything really about POTC.... and why they went back to woz instead of a potc special edition for 200 games as the filler.
Potc was killed.

This opinion of yours implies something I can't quite follow. YBR WOZ is the result of EVERYONE in a position of power getting tired of the question "you've been out of your runaway best selling game forever and I want one, please make more already" basically from what I could tell. And yes a small YBR run (very small) filled the void until Wonka was truly ready. This part, yes. POTC wasn't killed in the sense you imply at all. It was very odd that Jack announced it ahead of time the way he did but they did want the game to sell so I guess the strategy was to create the FOMO amonst those on the fence about buying? It sold out very quickly once the announcement sunk in, and all units were sold before they were completely off the line.

Next came Wonka.

#4298 3 years ago

Once the GnR LEs are sold I would be extremely surprised not to see another variant - say ‘Slash Edition - with signed hats or similar’
No way will this cash cow stop Mooing
Me, I’m happy with the current LE which is why I’m in- as you won’t nail the art no matter what variant gets released.

#4299 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Once the GnR LEs are sold I would be extremely surprised not to see another variant - say ‘Slash Edition - with signed hats or similar’
No way will this cash cow will stop Mooing
Me, I’m happy with the current LE which is why I’m in- as you won’t nail the art no matter what variant is gets released.

Okay fair enough. I don’t think so but it could be.

#4300 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

This opinion of yours implies something I can't quite follow. YBR WOZ is the result of EVERYONE in a position of power getting tired of the question "you've been out of your runaway best selling game forever and I want one, please make more already" basically from what I could tell. And yes a small YBR run (very small) filled the void until Wonka was truly ready. This part, yes. POTC wasn't killed in the sense you imply at all. It was very odd that Jack announced it ahead of time the way he did but they did want the game to sell so I guess the strategy was to create the FOMO amonst those on the fence about buying? It sold out very quickly once the announcement sunk in, and all units were sold before they were completely off the line.
Next came Wonka.

The YBR version was pretty strange. I actually liked the yellow trim and play field, but it was odd they raised the price and removed a critical mech from that game. Probably why you've seen several nice used ones for sale at a pretty good discount. Once JJP figures out their GNR manufacturing they really should do another run of POTC games (although I doubt they'll do it)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,400 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/86?hl=ozpinsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.