pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 111.
#4201 3 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

Wish id have waited re playfield issues
Crikey disappointing

For what its worth they have started to cover the posts with washers from the factory. As far as we know the Australian games havent been built yet, so they should ship with them installed.

25059a91df167da02738942b8b3c000ac2976f26 (resized).jpeg25059a91df167da02738942b8b3c000ac2976f26 (resized).jpeg

#4202 3 years ago
Quoted from Aliias:

For what its worth they have started to cover the posts with washers from the factory.
[quoted image]

and now the price is justified... (sarcasm inside)

#4203 3 years ago
Quoted from Aliias:

For what its worth they have started to cover the posts with washers from the factory. As far as we know the Australian games havent been built yet, so they should ship with them installed.
[quoted image]

Australian machines apparently have a November build date. Apparently ‍♂️

#4204 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Australian machines apparently have a November build date. Apparently ‍♂️

Yeah I think they will want to get our 10-15 CEs in the first container so we are waiting for them atm.

#4205 3 years ago
Quoted from Aliias:

[quoted image]

Those look terrible, remove the art around the posts to help the situation or stop with this digital printing it’s clearly a major cause for this pooling and chipping.

#4206 3 years ago
Quoted from Aliias:

[quoted image]

Out of sight, out of mind....I feel better already
That wouldn’t work if it’s badly pooled, the clear becomes raised and there would be a void / gap between the raised pool and the washer. It wouldn’t sit flush to the playfield.

#4207 3 years ago

Don't get me wrong I think its an awful "solution", I just wanted to post it as I saw it in the owners thread. These wouldn't be needed if the clear coat was the quality level it should be.

#4208 3 years ago
Quoted from Aliias:

[quoted image]

That’s perfect. Cover it up.

The smallest amount of transparency with distributors and or customers would go so much further.

#4209 3 years ago

Anyone think this is happening at factory if they tighten posts to much with a cordless drill, or not cleaning out the clear before installing posts or just not a good clear prep, or clear itself is just not taking to PF ?

#4210 3 years ago

Yes.. I think that's exactly what it is.. tightening the posts down. Mentioned that before.

#4211 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Yes.. I think that's exactly what it is.. tightening the posts down. Mentioned that before.

They shouldn’t be using cordless drills. They should be using pneumatic impact guns, w/ A pre determined torque setting. That’s how we did it on the assembly line 21 years ago when I was on it. Ya do torque checks at start and after breaks...
it’d totally prevent this

#4212 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

They shouldn’t be using cordless drills. They should be using pneumatic drills, w. A pre determined torque setting. That’s how we did it on the assembly line 21 years ago when I was on it.

I love it kind Sir.

#4213 3 years ago

They should also be doing hardness testing w/ a Rockwell or something on these playfield. If they set a spec, the playfield issues fall on the playfield manufacturers. These pinball manufacturers need to hire someone that’s worked in automotive for a while to help them w/ Q.C.
These issues popping up on guns and roses make me sick! This is jjp’s first game that has my real attention, c’mon!! Let’s get it right! I wanna see them succeed!

#4214 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

They should also be doing hardness testing w/ a Rockwell or something on these playfield. If they set a spec, the playfield issues fall on the playfield manufacturers. These pinball manufacturers need to hire someone that’s worked in automotive for a while to help them w/ Q.C.
These issues popping up on guns and roses make me sick! This is jjp’s first game that has my real attention, c’mon!! Let’s get it right! I wanna see them succeed!

I think they fired frozen chickens out of a cannon at it with Wonka. IIRC, like with airplane windscreens or the bottom of the shuttle.

#4215 3 years ago

One place I worked routinely had groups of late term engineers who hadn’t graduated yet walk through. They had them work through problems and come up w/ solutions FOR FREE! Jjp, wouldn’t even have to pay for some of these ideas! Fuck man, let’s get it right.

Sorry gang, rant over.

#4216 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

One place I worked routinely had groups of late term engineers who hadn’t graduated yet walk through. They had them work through problems and come up w/ solutions FOR FREE! Jjp, wouldn’t even have to pay for some of these ideas! Fuck man, let’s get it right.

Not for nothing - JJP doesn't manufacture the playfields

#4217 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

The cost is the same SE to premium. And stern offers free shipping. Just saying(I have LE on order but watching stream now)

Huh? A stern premium is 7599 shipped, maybe 7399 for a stranger things.

I got my SE for 6850 shipped

#4218 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Not for nothing - JJP doesn't manufacture the playfields

Set specs on playfields, and make the manufacturers adhere to those specs. They’ll do it if they want the business.

#4219 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Set specs on playfields, and make the manufacturers adhere to those specs. They’ll do it if they want the business.

I hear you and if there was an open market with 15 potential vendors you would be 100% correct.

#4220 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Set specs on playfields, and make the manufacturers adhere to those specs. They’ll do it if they want the business.not all of these playfields seem affected, so it’s gotta be something that can be picked up somehow.

#4221 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I hear you and if there was an open market with 15 potential vendors you would be 100% correct.

Well, you likely got me there. I’m not sure how many there are, or how busy they are? Jjp isn’t getting their playfields made as a favor though.

#4222 3 years ago

4571290B-4C0E-4E44-B598-12790FBBE4BD (resized).jpeg4571290B-4C0E-4E44-B598-12790FBBE4BD (resized).jpeg
#4223 3 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

Wish id have waited re playfield issues
Crikey disappointing

All I can say is

422A2D66-7BE9-4CB0-AA6C-40C434EEEFDE (resized).png422A2D66-7BE9-4CB0-AA6C-40C434EEEFDE (resized).png
#4224 3 years ago

I am hopefully getting an SE but now going to wait until there is solid proof these Mirco playfields are not pooling/cracking etc.

#4225 3 years ago

Spooky has the PF situation all figured out. JJP and Stern need to do the same.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4226 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

The cost is the same SE to premium. And stern offers free shipping. Just saying(I have LE on order but watching stream now)

Stern premium is a bit more.

estimated delivered
GnR SE $7050
Stern premium $7200

#4227 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Yeah that is horrible. I can’t believe this! So anyone know what Spooky is making after R&M? Lol.

Hopefully, something that shoots smoother than RM. It's mostly a great game, but a clunkfest.

#4228 3 years ago

Is the back stage a magnet?

#4229 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

estimated delivered
GnR SE $7050
Stern premium $7200

Not sure where you’re getting 7200 for a premium... the price is 7599 and maybe they give you a 200 discount for paying cash...

#4230 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Not sure where you’re getting 7200 for a premium... the price is 7599 and maybe they give you a 200 discount for paying cash...

You have much to learn yet..

#4231 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

estimated delivered
GnR SE $7050
Stern premium $7200

your right with this release. in past SE was 7500. My point is dont compare SE to stern PRO. pricewise the SE should be compared to Premium. I have a GnR LE on order(no clue when its coming). But I just got Avengers Premium yesterday as well. I dont look at Avengers premium playfield and GnR SE and think GnR has more. Has more lights for sure and theme integration if thats the thinking.

#4232 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

[quoted image]

There you go, the art has cleanly lifted/rubbed off the wood. It’s not the clearcoat causing these issues it’s the change to digital printing it’s clearly not adhering to the playfields, which didn’t someone say are clearcoated before they go for art? That just sounds like a recipe for disaster right there.

#4233 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Lol. I've stated clearly that I hate gnr with a passion. I wouldn't buy this machine of it was the best design in history, which it isn't. However, I do enjoy speculating about the pinball market. That CE you're going to buy will lose you money. But hey, I'm going to lose money in my DILE and my imdnLE, and I knew that going in. I just find the denial by buyers humorous. The market is flooded, the game isn't mind-blowing, and it's crazy expensive. Signatures?? Lol

Your completely clueless if your comparing GNR CE to DICE or WW CE or for that matter IMDNLE (which I owned and couldn't wait to sell)

#4234 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You have much to learn yet..

I do? My price for the SE was 6850 shipped, so I’d be surprised if my distro would be over charging me 200 on premiums.

#4235 3 years ago

Prices I’ve gotten is GNR $6750 + freight. Stern premium $7500 shipped.

But, I’ve heard competitive top 1000 players get a stern discount once a year. So maybe that’s where others are getting their lower quotes from?

#4236 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

You need to find a new distributor.

#4237 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You need to find a new distributor.

A distributor that under charges me 300 for a JJP but charges me an extra 200 for a stern? Please point me in the direction of a distro that will sell me a JP premium for 7200 shipped.

#4238 3 years ago

What the fuck are you doing here then?

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Lol. I've stated clearly that I hate gnr with a passion. I wouldn't buy this machine of it was the best design in history, which it isn't.

#4239 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

A distributor that under charges me 300 for a JJP but charges me an extra 200 for a stern? Please point me in the direction of a distro that will sell me a JP premium for 7200 shipped.

Yea, I’d like someone to point me in the right direction too. Although, I probably wouldn’t go with slim shady over reputable people that will help you in a bind to save a couple hundred bucks. Probably why people are freaking out about playfields because slim shady is nowhere to be found when they have a problem with their game

#4240 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea, I’d like someone to point me in the right direction too. Although, I probably wouldn’t go with slim shady over reputable people that will help you in a bind to save a couple hundred bucks. Probably why people are freaking out about playfields because slim shady is nowhere to be found when they have a problem with their game

No one will tell you who their distro is when bragging about the deal they got. So many pinsiders brag about their deals but it’s crickets when you ask for info whether publicly or via private message.

#4241 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

[quoted image]

Hard to believe a game can look like this after 2 weeks and the game at helicon has it on many of the posts not just slings.

#4242 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:Hard to believe a game can look like this after 2 weeks and the game at helicon has it on many of the posts not just slings.

I agree if its a recently made play field...posting a pic with zero information and not from the actual owner is questionable

#4243 3 years ago

After seeing all these playfield issues I feel even better about buying a new GoldenTee cabinet earlier this year instead of another NIB pin. No issues and its on 24/7 lol.

Fix the playfields JJP! Buy or use the company that Haggis Pinball has to make their super durable playfields.

No more "Uh oh, better get Micro" playfields.

20201023_190744 (resized).jpg20201023_190744 (resized).jpg

#4244 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

After seeing all these playfield issues I feel even better about buying a new GoldenTee cabinet earlier this year instead of another NIB pin. No issues and its on 24/7 lol.
Fix the playfields JJP! Buy or use the company that Haggis Pinball has to make their super durable playfields.
[quoted image]

How do u know their any better? Have u played one?

#4245 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

estimated delivered
GnR SE $7050
Stern premium $7200

Send me the info on where i can get an AIQ prem for $7200 delivered.

#4246 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

which didn’t someone say are clearcoated before they go for art? That just sounds like a recipe for disaster right there.

Think about this logically for one moment.

#4247 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Send me the info on where i can get an AIQ prem for $7200 delivered.

And while you’re at it, send me to the Elvira $7200 shipped distributor too.

#4248 3 years ago

I'm not an engineer, but made this in 5 minutes in photoshop..why can't they develop a flange that sits under the playfield, secured from below and the post is actually part of the flange that goes through the post hole with a threaded center to screw down the plastics to (They could even polish or coat it to look pretty). It doesn't seem like rocket science and you'd never have a sling post (or anything that takes a pounding) ever touch the surface of the playfield again.

flange.jpgflange.jpg
#4249 3 years ago

It sure does look like an art issue..

Think that JJP should have the post screwed in to a certain depth- then another employee or two on the line tightening by hand.. give that a go first and see what happens..

Over tightening posts digging.. maybe the posts pushing and “ruffling up/creasing” the art underneath?

#4250 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

It sure does look like an art issue..
Think that JJP should have the post screwed in to a certain depth- then another employee or two on the line tightening by hand.. give that a go first and see what happens..
Over tightening posts digging.. maybe the posts pushing and “ruffling up/creasing” the art underneath?

When you have torque controlled tools (as they do on the line) - there is no need for this. You get precision each time.

The 'over cranked' posts theory was debunked long ago. Not sure why people keep coming back to this... that was JJP's first excuse when the rippling appeared on POTC. It was quickly debunked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 85 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/85?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.