pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 111.
#4151 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Good if you believe it will be good, and bad if you believe it will be bad? It's generally about attitude.

My mother always said : "Speculation is best left for Palm Readers and Prostitutes."

No. At least for me, good is good and bad is bad. With pinball even a game where I can't get into the theme and maybe go in with less enthusiasm, I can't deny its good if it is. I can tell its good just not going buy it and if its bad and I love the theme also not gonna buy it. If Stern made Motorhead instead of Beatles I wouldn't have bought it, love the band (early stuff) but the seawitch reskin? nope. Many albums and TV shows and movies I believed would be good have sucked and vice versa. I do get it, BK3 wasn't a deep loaded pin however if ur a pinball fan how could not at least enjoy playing it? This is where ur theory comes into play. Because of the lack of features many won't even give it a chance and thats ok, I do that to some degree with Stern or JJP or Spooky because of the theme's mostly but if its a great playing pin I can't deny that. DI is an amazing playing game, only the theme keeps me from buying one as theme is very important to me when it comes to a purchase. If I go in believing something is gonna suck and its great then still say it sucks well its time for some kind of therapy.
Now
I trying to figure out the speculation line. Palm reading is horseshit and what they and Prostitutes speculating about.

Quoted from zr11990:

But we, as humans are able to deny our base instincts and be civilized. At least some of us can.

So r base instincts are to be uncivilized?

Quoted from Tranquilize:

In fact, humans, as all creatures, are motivated primarily by greed.

Oh I think humans are in a league of there own. Like that great like from Runaway train. "Ur an animal" "No worse, Human"

Added over 3 years ago:

Post removed to do Vodka.

#4152 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No. At least for me, good is good and bad is bad. With pinball even a game where I can't get into the theme and maybe go in with less enthusiasm, I can't deny its good if it is. I can tell its good just not going buy it and if its bad and I love the theme also not gonna buy it. If Stern made Motorhead instead of Beatles I wouldn't have bought it, love the band (early stuff) but the seawitch reskin? nope. Many albums and TV shows and movies I believed would be good have sucked and vice versa. I do get it, BK3 wasn't a deep loaded pin however if ur a pinball fan how could not at least enjoy playing it? This is where ur theory comes into play. Because of the lack of features many won't even give it a chance and thats ok, I do that to some degree with Stern or JJP or Spooky because of the theme's mostly but if its a great playing pin I can't deny that. DI is an amazing playing game, only the theme keeps me from buying one as theme is very important to me when it comes to a purchase. If I go in believing something is gonna suck and its great then still say it sucks well its time for some kind of therapy.
Now
I trying to figure out the speculation line. Palm reading is horseshit and what they and Prostitutes speculating about.

So r base instincts are to be uncivilized?

Oh I think humans are in a league of there own. Like that great like from Runaway train. "Ur an animal" "No worse, Human"

No idea WTF you are talking about. Nor does it matter.

#4153 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Here's the pic of the GNR pooling playfield.
[quoted image]

For additional reference, here are pictures from the GNR on location at Helicon Brewing in Pittsburgh.

There is pooling/bubbling evident on at least half a dozen of the posts (see pics), but I didn't see any chipping yet.

Please note that this particular machine was one of the first to go on location immediately after launch & has been played A LOT.

IMG-1447 (resized).jpgIMG-1447 (resized).jpg
IMG-1442 (resized).jpgIMG-1442 (resized).jpg
IMG-1452 (resized).jpgIMG-1452 (resized).jpg
IMG-1453 (resized).jpgIMG-1453 (resized).jpg
IMG-1450 (resized).jpgIMG-1450 (resized).jpg

#4154 3 years ago

Anywhere in St Louis or close by to play GnR?

#4155 3 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

For additional reference, here are pictures from the GNR on location at Helicon Brewing in Pittsburgh.

That is a shit ton of pooling

#4156 3 years ago

Fuck, seriously.
10k and we still have this bullshit

#4157 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

That is a shit ton of pooling

My concern would be if you have to remove a post , will be stuck to play field and lift up the clear coat and art work .

#4158 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Fuck, seriously.
10k and we still have this bullshit

No shit....so much for Mirco's new clear coat...sure would be nice if JJP commented on these issues, but we know that won't happen.

#4159 3 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

There is pooling/bubbling evident on at least half a dozen of the posts (see pics), but I didn't see any chipping yet.
Please note that this particular machine was one of the first to go on location immediately after launch & has been played A LOT.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

wow that is crazy. Sorry but unacceptable JJP. This is starting to make sense - I suspect JJP is being silent b/c they're starting to connect the dots on this.

man that sucks....

#4160 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

My concern would be if you have to remove a post , will be stuck to play field and lift up the clear coat and art work .

i always worry about this when moving the outlane posts to make a game easier/harder. luckily have never been an issue yet, but its always in the back of my mind.

#4161 3 years ago

It would be nice to know when the new Mirco playfields are going into the games. At that point, I'd be interested in getting one.

#4162 3 years ago

Jersey Jack Pinball’s Guns N Roses Standard Edition Launch Party Stream LIVE TONIGHT! Be there to WIN a bunch of PRIZES, courtesy of JJP!!!

- GNR Signed Upper Playfield
- GNR LE Promotional Translite
- GNR 24x36 Slash Poster
- (5) JJP Mask & Sanitizer Kits

Thanks again to Jersey Jack Pinball, Ken Cromwell, and the Flip N Out Stream Team (Steve Bedi, Bill Webb, & @courtney Bowman)

Twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

CFD9B3E5-4223-4A88-9A92-3B1D7FC67A4C (resized).jpegCFD9B3E5-4223-4A88-9A92-3B1D7FC67A4C (resized).jpeg
#4164 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Jersey Jack Pinball’s Guns N Roses Standard Edition Launch Party Stream LIVE TONIGHT! Be there to WIN a bunch of PRIZES, courtesy of JJP!!!
- GNR Signed Upper Playfield
- GNR LE Promotional Translite
- GNR 24x36 Slash Poster
- (5) JJP Mask & Sanitizer Kits
Thanks again to Jersey Jack Pinball, Ken Cromwell, and the Flip N Out Stream Team (Steve Bedi, Bill Webb, & @courtney Bowman)
[quoted image]

Can one of the prizes be a production schedule?

#4166 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Also to comment on the CE's losing value in the next year. For crying out loud most of you cant even get the list of differences correct.
Also some of you keep mentioning another special edition ala YBR WOZ. or BA Hobbit. If you pay attention to the two titles i just mentioned. JJP as a company has changed quite a bit since woz and hobbit. And those are the last games they ever did Extra editions for. No Different DI, POTC, or Wonkas. I believe JJP Realizes and listened to the feedback from their CE customers that it wasnt cool releasing CE Type different versions of the game a year or two after the initial release. And they are more focused on moving on to the next game. For people counting on some special slash edition coming a year from now. I wouldnt hold your breath.
The CE's will not lose value. I can easily see the CE's selling for 18-20k for the next 6-8 months. After that they may drop to 14-16k. And then hold strong at 12,500 after that. I think theres a chance they stay at around the 14k mark or higher.
As for the LEs i easily see them bringing north of 10k for the next 3-4 months. As JJp wont be able to produce enough to keep up with demand.

I don't know, maybe in the short term CE's will rise in value but in the long term they will drop in my opinion. This isn't a Pirates CE situation where we had a super loaded wide body game that came with a far more interactive topper and only around 200 were made. There's 500 GNR CE's being made and that is simply too many in my opinion to result in the game going up in value when the initial price is already insanely high at $12,500. I wouldn't be surprised if within a year or two we see HUO CE's selling for $10k - $11k and HUO LE's for $8k - $9k.

#4167 3 years ago

Honestly? If I could buy that game will the pooling shown and have it at my house this weekend I’d pay full MSRP no questions asked.

I’m way more concerned about the production schedule and the silence that I am playfield defects. I want the damn game!!!

#4168 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Honestly? If I could buy that game will the pooling shown and have it at my house this weekend I’d pay full MSRP no questions asked.
I’m way more concerned about the production schedule and the silence that I am playfield defects. I want the damn game!!!

JJP and Stern LOVE LOVE LOVE this attitude!

#4169 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Anywhere in St Louis or close by to play GnR?

Yup, The Escape Room (that place is cool as all get out), CP Pinball, and Padavan's NY Restaurant

#4170 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

The two might be related

#4171 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't know, maybe in the short term CE's will rise in value but in the long term they will drop in my opinion. This isn't a Pirates CE situation where we had a super loaded wide body game that came with a far more interactive topper and only around 200 were made. There's 500 GNR CE's being made and that is simply too many in my opinion to result in the game going up in value when the initial price is already insanely high at $12,500. I wouldn't be surprised if within a year or two we see HUO CE's selling for $10k - $11k and HUO LE's for $8k - $9k.

AGAIN - "Speculation is best left to Palm Readers and Prostitutes".....

#4172 3 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Will it chip?
I would be nervous buying. This could be one of the handful of playfields that got through QC that they said had been denied.

#4173 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Yup, The Escape Room (that place is cool as all get out), CP Pinball, and Padavan's NY Restaurant

Larry Kirchner is our distributor there he has two out.

#4174 3 years ago

Ok.....too much, deleted

#4175 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Also to comment on the CE's losing value in the next year. For crying out loud most of you cant even get the list of differences correct.
Also some of you keep mentioning another special edition ala YBR WOZ. or BA Hobbit. If you pay attention to the two titles i just mentioned. JJP as a company has changed quite a bit since woz and hobbit. And those are the last games they ever did Extra editions for. No Different DI, POTC, or Wonkas. I believe JJP Realizes and listened to the feedback from their CE customers that it wasnt cool releasing CE Type different versions of the game a year or two after the initial release. And they are more focused on moving on to the next game. For people counting on some special slash edition coming a year from now. I wouldnt hold your breath.
The CE's will not lose value. I can easily see the CE's selling for 18-20k for the next 6-8 months. After that they may drop to 14-16k. And then hold strong at 12,500 after that. I think theres a chance they stay at around the 14k mark or higher.
As for the LEs i easily see them bringing north of 10k for the next 3-4 months. As JJp wont be able to produce enough to keep up with demand.

That works in a world where you just make shit up. Yeah... But... they made more WOZ and Hobbit editions BECAUSE THEY SOLD. The other games have not sold as well. So if we want to look at evidence, instead of --you know-- making shit up, the evidence points to them milking sales if the game sells well. 14k? LOL. Get atta here. I'm assuming you're in for a CE? That would explain everything.

#4176 3 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

WTF... that playfied looks like it's on its way to a no good situation.

#4177 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

That works in a world where you just make shit up. Yeah... But... they made more WOZ and Hobbit editions BECAUSE THEY SOLD. The other games have not sold as well. So if we want to look at evidence, instead of --you know-- making shit up, the evidence points to them milking sales if the game sells well. 14k? LOL. Get atta here. I'm assuming you're in for a CE? That would explain everything.

I’m assuming you didn’t make the cut for a CE? That would explain everything.

#4178 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think if your looking at WW CE, and DI CE historical data u could easily surmise that the CE would lose value. Obviously POTC CE has increased in value mainly due to the scarcity of the game in general (plus its a great game). I think GNR CE is such a unique product that it will at a minimum hold value and possibly increase over time. Simply getting all the band members to sign the game adds several hundred to the overall value.....The product offering on the GNR CE is very different than other JJP CE's

#4179 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think if your looking at WW CE, and DI CE historical data u could easily surmise that the CE would lose value. Obviously POTC CE has increased in value mainly due to the scarcity of the game in general (plus its a great game). I think GNR CE is such a unique product that it will at a minimum hold value and possibly increase over time. Simply getting all the band members to sign the game adds several hundred to the overall value.....The product offering on the GNR CE is very different than other JJP CE's

I think the prices will creep up.

#4180 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

dfgfg (resized).jpgdfgfg (resized).jpg

#4181 3 years ago

That PF at Helicon is fucked!

Wonder how many plays?

#4182 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That PF at Helicon is fucked!
Wonder how many plays?

Yeah that is horrible. I can’t believe this! So anyone know what Spooky is making after R&M? Lol.

#4183 3 years ago

GNR Standard LIVE NOW + Giveaways from JJP!!

#4184 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

This kind of Muppet mentality is exaclty why these pinball manufacturers could give a rats about fixing the problems.

Im personally pulling my order. I ain't paying for garbage playfields.

#4185 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

GNR Standard LIVE NOW + Giveaways from JJP!!

Excellent! Thanks for posting!

Quoted from John1210:

This kind of Muppet mentality is exaclty why these pinball manufacturers could give a rats about fixing the problems.

Sad for some fans this issue, understandable to be honest.... in my particular case I’ll be waiting for mine, me and my family we’ll enjoy this game 100%! Still a perfect game for me

#4186 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I can’t. He has already sold my FH. This is why I don’t buy new fucking games. Maybe I’ll just leave mine in the box and sell it and buy another AFM. Has anyone talked to Jen at JJP?

#4187 3 years ago

Couldn’t find the stream until now. Anxious to see the SE being shot. SE is the more loaded than a Stern premium.

#4188 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I can’t. He has already sold my FH. This is why I don’t buy new fucking games. Maybe I’ll just leave mine in the box and sell it and buy another AFM. Has anyone talked to Jen at JJP?

Dude relax your seeing one game,yours could be perfect!

#4189 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Couldn’t find the stream until now. Anxious to see the SE.

The SE looks sweet too,when I saw the finished stage looked as good as it did compared to the original I was impressed!

#4190 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude relax your seeing one game,yours could be perfect!

The get this but remember, I’m sure no one could forget as much as I have screamed about it, I got boned on WOZ. It practically fell apart. But yea hopefully it will be ok.

#4191 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Couldn’t find the stream until now. Anxious to see the SE being shot. SE is the more loaded than a Stern premium.

The cost is the same SE to premium. And stern offers free shipping. Just saying(I have LE on order but watching stream now)

#4192 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

The cost is the same SE to premium. And stern offers free shipping. Just saying(I have LE on order but watching stream now)

That’s a promo from your distributor not stern. Shipping ain’t free

#4193 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That’s a promo from your distributor not stern. Shipping ain’t free

correct hahaha the west-coasters hurt my pocket book haha but love shipping the WestCoast some Flip N Out pins

#4194 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

correct hahaha the west-coasters hurt my pocket book haha but love shipping the WestCoast some Flip N Out pins

ive never paid shipping for a stern, but it seems standard from many(and maybe Meny)

#4195 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

ive never paid shipping for a stern, but it seems standard from many(and maybe Meny)

You are paying shipping for a Stern, it’s just factored into the price. Nothing is free.

#4196 3 years ago

Can somebody explain why two weeks later we still don’t know build timelines?

#4197 3 years ago
Quoted from Pan94:

Can somebody explain why two weeks later we still don’t know build timelines?

Maybe JJP is going for the ignorance is bliss technique?

#4198 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I’m assuming you didn’t make the cut for a CE? That would explain everything.

Lol. I've stated clearly that I hate gnr with a passion. I wouldn't buy this machine of it was the best design in history, which it isn't. However, I do enjoy speculating about the pinball market. That CE you're going to buy will lose you money. But hey, I'm going to lose money in my DILE and my imdnLE, and I knew that going in. I just find the denial by buyers humorous. The market is flooded, the game isn't mind-blowing, and it's crazy expensive. Signatures?? Lol

#4199 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No shit....so much for Mirco's new clear coat...sure would be nice if JJP commented on these issues, but we know that won't happen.

And there lies the problem right there!
I understand the chaps on here from JJP will not have the authority to interject on the subject matter which is fair enough.
However I feel the guys further up the chain of command need to make some sort of reassuring communication.

#4200 3 years ago

Wish id have waited re playfield issues
Crikey disappointing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,000.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/84?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.