pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 111.
#4101 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Where is the pic?

IMG_20201023_003959 (resized).jpgIMG_20201023_003959 (resized).jpg
#4102 3 years ago

Not good, looks to be mylared too and it’s eroding back into the art.

#4103 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There is no confirmation if this is an old prototype game with thousands of plays on it or a new one , either way doesn't look good .

#4104 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

There is no confirmation if this is an old prototype game with thousands of plays on it or a new one , either way doesn't look good .

Nobody knows where the photo came from? Highly doubt they would be foolish enough to put a prototype game out on location and I’d be shocked if the photo came from the factory demo game.

#4105 3 years ago

The first spot I would put a prototype game would be a high traffic location. It would help bring all the issues to light so you can fix them for production games.

#4106 3 years ago

They should have had it tested by 6 members of the Pinball Media before ever considering releasing it. The Pinball 6 would have shut that down.

#4107 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

They should have had it tested by 6 members of the Pinball Media before ever considering releasing it.

That'd go over well. You can't get 6 people to agree on anything other than we deserve a raise and a long vacation.

#4108 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Nobody knows where the photo came from? Highly doubt they would be foolish enough to put a prototype game out on location and I’d be shocked if the photo came from the factory demo game.

Isn't that exactly what prototypes are for? At least, pre-internet.

Put them out somewhere, gather wear/reliability/play data?

#4109 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

Something is going on with this scoop. Is the hood bent down too much and firing the ball into the front of the scoop / playfield edge when it is ejected?

Is this the game at JackBar?

#4110 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I get that but if it was at a high traffic location wouldn’t we have an idea where the photo came from? It’s an anonymous posting? Funny

High traffic in today’s world isn’t what it used to be either.

#4111 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's what they used to do. It was always exciting to get the spy shots of the new games from the guys in Chicago who knew where those games went. But as you allude to that was early internet days, now they don't do that and I think games suffer a bit from no field testing.

#4112 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Something is going on with this scoop. Is the hood bent down too much and firing the ball into the front of the scoop / playfield edge when it is ejected?

You have a new production machine , how's your scoop looking so far and any signs of pooling .
I will take that picture with a Grain of salt .
I would like to hear from people with NIB games .

#4113 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The first spot I would put a prototype game would be a high traffic location. It would help bring all the issues to light so you can fix them for production games.

Totally agree Chuck .
But shouldn't a playfield coating be standard and proven .
In regards to jjp it only seems to be an issue from Pirates , Wonka and now possibly GNR.

#4114 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Is this the game at JackBar?

Found it! Geolocated
Steve Ritchies Office!

F3731058-FECB-438A-9CF4-DA9993236EBD (resized).pngF3731058-FECB-438A-9CF4-DA9993236EBD (resized).png

#4115 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Totally agree Chuck .
But shouldn't a playfield coating be standard and proven .
In regards to jjp it only seems to be an issue from Pirates , Wonka and now possibly GNR.

WOZ playfields got destroyed early on. I think they redid the playfields for those and fixed the issue.

Never heard anything bad about the hobbit playfields or Dialed in.

#4116 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

WOZ playfields got destroyed early on. I think they redid the playfields for those and fixed the issue.

DI had chipping issues early. Don’t remember anything about Hobbit.

#4117 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

DI had chipping issues early. Don’t remember anything about Hobbit.

How’s that new GnR look?

#4118 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hobbit was pretty solid. I owned a routed game that had some minor chipping on the hole edges of a couple of troll pop ups. Besides that, it held up quite well and did not have any of the pooling issues that were predominant in POTC games. My POTC had some minor pool around a few posts but it held up over a ton of games. I am not sure if it was because my game was an SE and it sat in a box for a long time before being sold (extra cure time?)

#4119 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Pretty easy solution to prevent this from ever happening again...especially in an area that will get a lot of play....

#4120 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

extra cure time?)

I don’t think this helps. I’m in the camp that new regs require a different clear mix to be used that isn’t as consistent as used previously.

#4121 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You have a new production machine , how's your scoop looking so far and any signs of pooling .
I will take that picture with a Grain of salt .
I would like to hear from people with NIB games .

We have No issues with our playfield Game #70 nor the scoop. And for what its worth, the prototype games Were used for torcher tests at some places. I know I played 2 of them at the GAP Open house and those games were played continuous for 7 straight hours.

#4122 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We have No issues with our playfield Game #70 nor the scoop. And for what its worth, the prototype games Were used for torcher tests at some places. I know I played 2 of them at the GAP Open house and those games were played continuous for 7 straight hours.

Good to know, but they should improve that protector on that scoop. At some point that area is gonna start to show wear

#4123 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

7 hours is like 100 games

#4124 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Hmmmm... Interesting theory... let's see... "It has come to my attention that I am involved in an odd pants metaphor... under these circumstances it would be wrong not to ask for a bump in my sala----"

Oops. Sorry. Was that out loud?

Thank you. I need humor early in my day.

LTG : )

#4125 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

7 hours is like 100 games

Yeah if it was a PAPA event. These were drunk players just having a great time. If game time averages were above 1 Minute I would be Really surprised.

#4126 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Good to know, but they should improve that protector on that scoop. At some point that area is gonna start to show wear

And on that I would say I think some are making Assumptions based on (1) pic of a game we know nothing about and Assuming they are all the same. If I see 50 Different owners with the same issue fine, but 50 people posting the Same picture I'm not ready to demand a change or improvement just yet. Thats just my opinion.

#4127 3 years ago

Played a friends GNR LE at lunch time. Full review coming tonight but just wanted to report there is no clear coat issues at the post nor wear at the VUK. ZERO!

2A4A7B81-B13F-42A1-A3AF-56C7AF8398BB (resized).jpeg2A4A7B81-B13F-42A1-A3AF-56C7AF8398BB (resized).jpeg
#4128 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And on that I would say I think some are making Assumptions based on (1) pic of a game we know nothing about and Assuming they are all the same. If I see 50 Different owners with the same issue fine, but 50 people posting the Same picture I'm not ready to demand a change or improvement just yet. Thats just my opinion.

I hear what your saying, but its an obvious area that u are clearly better off being proactive in protecting....just my two cents....for the life of me I'll never understand why these manufacturers don't go to Cliff and have him make up a set and install on all their games....it would eliminate a lot of drama for these companies.

#4129 3 years ago

Soooooooo......distributor updates on timing?

#4130 3 years ago

Has anyone received a game from a distributor ? Or are all of the ones out there direct from JJP ? My distributor has stated as of a few days ago there has been no word from JJP on timing of shipments...

#4131 3 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Has anyone received a game from a distributor ? Or are all of the ones out there direct from JJP ? My distributor has stated as of a few days ago there has been no word from JJP on timing of shipments...

Same here.
I think when the game was announced, every distro had a few games. But since then im betting most delivered are from jjp.

#4132 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I hear what your saying, but its an obvious area that u are clearly better off being proactive in protecting....just my two cents....for the life of me I'll never understand why these manufacturers don't go to Cliff and have him make up a set and install on all their games....it would eliminate a lot of drama for these companies.

Big fan of Cliffy's myself. Would be nice but Assuming here Cliffy is not a large scale production facility as a set typically takes several weeks to obtain. Would it be possible for him to accept a single call from Stern or JJP to say we need 3000 of these for a game on the line next week?? I highly doubt that would work out well.

#4133 3 years ago

Lots of photos of SE’s being made, but no gameplay video yet. When is this coming? Or did I miss something?

#4134 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Same here.
I think when the game was announced, every distro had a few games. But since then im betting most delivered are from jjp.

Same from my area. Distributor has no word from JJP yet. Seems pretty consistent all over the country maybe they’ll surprise us in the next few weeks and a bunch will arrive at different distributors.

#4135 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Same from my area. Distributor has no word from JJP yet. Seems pretty consistent all over the country maybe they’ll surprise us in the next few weeks and a bunch will arrive at different distributors.

too much silence.......wonder what's going on over at JJP. No need to directly talk with us but it's the lack of communication to distributors that's worrisome.

#4136 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

too much silence.......wonder what's going on over at JJP.

If that doesn’t give way for a Hitler video.. don’t know what will!

#4137 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Big fan of Cliffy's myself. Would be nice but Assuming here Cliffy is not a large scale production facility as a set typically takes several weeks to obtain. Would it be possible for him to accept a single call from Stern or JJP to say we need 3000 of these for a game on the line next week?? I highly doubt that would work out well.

Well one would hope that if they really felt the protectors were necessary they would be treated like any other part on the play field thus he would have far more than a couple weeks to produce....does JJP call Mirco and say "hey I need 2000 play fields next week"....of course not...if given the adequate time he could easily produce high quality protectors.

#4138 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Soooooooo......distributor updates on timing?

mine said they are waiting on info from JJP to give me real timeframe but they are confident its "this year" on my LE. Im fine with that as I need to move a game to make space anyways

#4139 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

mine said they are waiting on info from JJP to give me real timeframe but they are confident its "this year" on my LE. Im fine with that as I need to move a game to make space anyways

I'm in no rush either.... But I don't have the typical American attitude. I understand about waiting.

Have you guys ever noticed that things in life are generally what you believe they are going to be? I.E. - Good if you believe it will be good, and bad if you believe it will be bad? It's generally about attitude.

My mother always said : "Speculation is best left for Palm Readers and Prostitutes."

#4140 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I'm in no rush either.... But I don't have the typical American attitude. I understand about waiting.
Have you guys ever noticed that things in life are generally what you believe they are going to be? I.E. - Good if you believe it will be good, and bad if you believe it will be bad? It's generally about attitude.
My mother always said : "Speculation is best left for Palm Readers and Prostitutes."

What about the John’s who hire them?

#4141 3 years ago

They have. JJP hired cliffy to make protectors for DI.

Quoted from PtownPin:

I'll never understand why these manufacturers don't go to Cliff and have him make up a set and install on all their games

#4142 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I think Jack originally tried to make their own and there weren’t quite as hyper thin as Cliffy’s

#4143 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Are you sure about that? The original JJP DI protectors were installed at the factory and made by JJP .... not Cliff....I had to remove mine, and replace with Cliff's

#4144 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Are you sure about that? The original JJP DI protectors were installed at the factory and made by JJP .... not Cliff....I had to remove mine, and replace with Cliff's

Both are correct. In house ones were not as thin so Cliff who is good people in case anyone wonders jumped up and made them for us

#4145 3 years ago

Yes. JJP made their own protectors for DI and they were garbage. They scrapped those and cliffy stepped in and provided protectors directly to JJP for DI.

Quoted from PtownPin:

#4146 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Yes. JJP made their own protectors for DI and they were garbage. They scrapped those and cliffy stepped in and provided protectors directly to JJP for DI.

Agree they were garbage, but they didn't change course until after everyone in the field realized they were crap. The story is that Lawlor was too cheap to use Cliff from day 1....be nice if they used him from day 1, and just stopped trying to save a few dollars on a $10K machine....its nuts

#4147 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Both are correct. In house ones were not as thin so Cliff who is good people in case anyone wonders jumped up and made them for us

Cliffy is a class act.

#4148 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Pffft. Sounds like you've read or watched "the secret." I consider myself a realist a.k.a cynic (NOT pessimist). Blindly believing things will always be good is just silly. In fact, humans, as all creatures, are motivated primarily by greed. How's that going to turn out?

#4149 3 years ago

But we, as humans are able to deny our base instincts and be civilized. At least some of us can.

#4150 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

But we, as humans are able to deny our base instincts and be civilized. At least some of us can.

Very true, but the degree is based on genetics, chemical balances, socialization and education. Our control of our greed variates drastically, and along with our wonderful ability to deny basic instincts also comes the ability to defend the most abhorrent behaviour with many shades of morality. Meliorism is a farce. The evidence is pretty clear.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 210.00
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/83?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.