pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 111.
#3851 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Good to know that a soon to be CE owner thinks the prices will just keep going up. Quite the news story
Seriously though who knows but fun to speculate! With the way these games are being handled (which is to say extremely poorly from a communication standpoint) forget the LEs selling for more, look out for those soon to be released SEs!

I can't wait for those SE's to be released. More people enjoying the best rock pinball ever released

#3852 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

First LE I've seen for sale in possession
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104318
Watching this one to see if the market values the immediate possession price hike versus taking on someone else's tax and shipping burden, nothing against the seller, if someone buys it, I guess technically the value of the LE's just went up

Looks like new-put-back-in-the-box to me!

#3853 3 years ago

I don't care what the prices will be. I bought the CE because it's what I wanted. Many rather have a LE or an SE. Life's pretty good knowing we have options to chose from during the worst pandemic since the Spanish flu to help us forget what we're dealing with. The world is spending more time at home than ever and why not have pinball help us through it!

#3854 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

First LE I've seen for sale in possession
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104318
Watching this one to see if the market values the immediate possession price hike versus taking on someone else's tax and shipping burden, nothing against the seller, if someone buys it, I guess technically the value of the LE's just went up

So he didn't know he was selling his house two weeks ago?

#3855 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

So you were actually able to get a CE for 12.5k with that wanted post? I should have done that then haha

No. I was fortunate enough to have a friend whom wasn't looking to make a profit off his spot. I could never have paid what the secondary market wanted. And good for the people flipping them, more power to them. I can't remember seeing MM before the remake selling for $3200 like they were before there hype. The market speaks for the consumer. Plain and simple

#3856 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I know you're one of those that like the art better on the CE and prob one of the biggest fanboys of it. I get it. You're not the majority though that's for sure.
Art, no question LE is better (majority agree for sure).

Ummm and you know this how? Don’t tell me....you took a scientific poll of all potential GnR buyers BEFORE the CE sold out SPECIFICALLY about the art packages, right? And ya why would the majority of GnR fans want the Iconic GnR Cross on the backbox when they could have orange brick?
8C020E35-6C2B-4121-8DC9-B77069C29A9C.jpeg8C020E35-6C2B-4121-8DC9-B77069C29A9C.jpegDAD4CA91-2EB9-4231-AA6C-45893E68F6AB.jpegDAD4CA91-2EB9-4231-AA6C-45893E68F6AB.jpeg

And why would anyone want Appetite for Destruction Artwork on the playfield?? Just a nice blank space is what most GnR fans want, right??
CB6CD722-B9A4-48AE-A16E-71303F6C6AF3.jpegCB6CD722-B9A4-48AE-A16E-71303F6C6AF3.jpeg3E005D54-4929-400D-A722-080C4E607B23.jpeg3E005D54-4929-400D-A722-080C4E607B23.jpeg

#3857 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

More people enjoying the best rock pinball ever released

When did they release a SE of Iron Maiden?

#3858 3 years ago

The CE is fugly along with the SE.. I bet the CE and LE art was originally reversed..JJP called it right... sell the shit out of the LE"s. Congrats! Well played.

#3859 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

The CE is fugly along with the SE.. I bet the CE and LE art was originally reversed..JJP called it right... sell the shit out of the LE"s. Congrats! Well played.

Lool. Nice try Troll.

6663E4E6-BD2A-49AC-9A52-912906014A9A (resized).jpeg6663E4E6-BD2A-49AC-9A52-912906014A9A (resized).jpeg
#3860 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Ummm and you know this how? Don’t tell me....you took a scientific poll of all potential GnR buyers BEFORE the CE sold out SPECIFICALLY about the art packages, right? And ya why would the majority of GnR fans want the Iconic GnR Cross on the backboard when they could have orange brick?
[quoted image][quoted image]
And why would anyone want Appetite for Destruction Artwork on the playfield?? Just a nice blank space is what most GnR fans want, right??[quoted image][quoted image]

I pondered over both packages for quite a while.
I agree with what you say above ref the playfield and the AFD cross or the remake cross.
You did fail to mention the most important aspect, the main cabinet decals and to me this is a bit of a let down.
This is the main reason I missed out on a CE in UK.....I snoozed trying to make my bloody mind up which one to go for!
When it was released, I was expecting the CE to have more original GnR art on the main cab and was trying to get my head around the robot theme with the giant pinball..... I had already programmed my brain to expect more original AFD etc.....a few hours later the CEs were gone!
Was it destiny I ended up with an LE that I can now mod to my liking with the extra 3k?

All said and done, I wish I had the CE.....but if I did... I bet my mind would play tricks on me wishing I had the LE ..... such is life!

#3861 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

No this is more your style "I’ve got another idea for a reality show.Levi & his pal Reginald are truck drivers,like BJ and the bear.Will one day they drive thru town straight into a large group of African American protesters........" https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-angry-live-pd-was-canceled?tu=romulusx

I’ve got a better ideal!Just imagine that you and Levi are on this beautiful Island,we’ll call Levi Mr Roark and you can be Tattoo.Try saying this
De plane De plane

#3862 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I pondered over both packages for quite a while.
I agree with what you say above ref the playfield and the AFD cross or the remake cross.
You did fail to mention the most important aspect, the main cabinet decals and to me this is a bit of a let down.
This is the main reason I missed out on a CE in UK.....I snoozed trying to make my bloody mind up which one to go for!
When it was released, I was expecting the CE to have more original GnR art on the main cab and was trying to get my head around the robot theme with the giant pinball..... I had already programmed my brain to expect more original AFD etc.....a few hours later the CEs were gone!
Was it destiny I ended up with an LE that I can now mod to my liking with the extra 3k?

All said and done, I wish I had the CE.....but if I did... I bet my mind would play tricks on me wishing I had the LE ..... such is life!

How much was the CE going for in the UK .

#3863 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

How much was the CE going for in the UK .

£12.5k

#3864 3 years ago

Wow that's close to 23K here, I thought us being charged $20,500 was steep

#3865 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I know. I must be insane.

INSANELY EXCITED!

#3866 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

I know. I must be insane.
INSANELY EXCITED!

I wonder which of our countries will get the game first? I’m told late Nov - early Dec here

#3867 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I thought we got ripped off , UK cops it even worse than us .
Lots of people in the U.S . complain about the prices but they don't know how lucky they have it compared to us overseas guys .

#3868 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Lots of people in the U.S . complain about the prices but they don't know how lucky they have it compared to us overseas guys .

I know right? The prices machines sell for here even when converted to US Dollars are far higher than they sell for there.

#3869 3 years ago

Why are people buying the cheapest soundbar to put on this thing? I don’t get it, most sound bars don’t sound good.

If I’m dropping 10k + for a rock concert pin in a box with full light show, I’m putting a good quality piece of audio equipment up there.

#3870 3 years ago

Helping a friend with some adjustments. What seems to be the ideal pitch, and what power setting for the "start song" scoop? At the moment, it ejects STDM.

#3871 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Helping a friend with some adjustments. What seems to be the ideal pitch, and what power setting for the "start song" scoop? At the moment, it ejects STDM.

Regarding the scoop feeding SDTM, the game must be level, first and foremost. Default power seems fine for me, but play with it if needed. I have mine at 6.7 and it plays good.

#3872 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Why are people buying the cheapest soundbar to put on this thing? I don’t get it, most sound bars don’t sound good.
If I’m dropping 10k + for a rock concert pin in a box with full light show, I’m putting a good quality piece of audio equipment up there.

Exactly . I want to get the le which is $15,500 over here , I'm not going to hook up a $50 Soundbar to it , I'm gonna use my $1000 dollar Dali subwoofer and I think that will be more than enough .

#3873 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I wonder which of our countries will get the game first? I’m told late Nov - early Dec here

I believe a few are expected here before Christmas. I'm not expecting my CE until next year but that's cool. I have a sofa to rehome first.

Not that I'd complain if it got here earlier, mind..

#3874 3 years ago

Same here, not in any major hurry.
I sold my pool table to make room, still needs to be collected by the buyer.
I also sold my Ducati to fund this........... feel like crying but fcuk it!

#3875 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Exactly . I want to get the le which is $15,500 over here , I'm not going to hook up a $50 Soundbar to it , I'm gonna use my $1000 dollar Dali subwoofer and I think that will be more than enough .

How easy will a subwoofer hookup be with this machine? I have one that was hooked up to my Metallica via a external board

#3876 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

How easy will a subwoofer hookup be with this machine? I have one that was hooked up to my Metallica via a external board

Very easy. You just need a 3.5mm splitter and you could wire straight to the sub, depending on what type of cable the sub takes of course.

#3877 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Very easy. You just need a 3.5mm splitter and you could wire straight to the sub, depending on what type of cable the sub takes of course.

wait so you don't need to do the alligator clips to the sub directly? I was going to use the 3.5 splitter for the sound bar and also hook sub via clips. Is there a better way to connect the sub? I remember with WOZ you could plug a white and red plug into the machine directly with the other end to the sub. Is that offered on the GnR LE?

#3878 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wait so you don't need to do the alligator clips to the sub directly? I was going to use the 3.5 splitter for the sound bar and also hook sub via clips. Is there a better way to connect the sub? I remember with WOZ you could plug a white and red plug into the machine directly with the other end to the sub. Is that offered on the GnR LE?

You could do it either way. I like using the line feed to the sub because it is typically cleaner. The only audio connection in the backbox I could see is the 3.5mm audio jack. 3.5mm to red/white (RCA) connection is very common.

#3879 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You could do it either way. I like using the line feed to the sub because it is typically cleaner. The only audio connection in the backbox I could see is the 3.5mm audio jack. 3.5mm to red/white (RCA) connection is very common.

thanks. Since I'm already spitting for the soundbar I'm wondering if the other opening on that split I can just connect the sub with that (3.5m to redwhite).

#3880 3 years ago

Just reached out to mt dist. to order a L.E.....None around, S.E on the line right now, He told me to check back next month, Good for JJP they have a winner

#3881 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just reached out to mt dist. to order a L.E.....None around, S.E on the line right now, He told me to check back next month, Good for JJP they have a winner

check back next month? What distributor?

#3882 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

check back next month? What distributor?

Mike at Pinballs.com

#3883 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

You can also adjust the scoop hood to change the path of the ball.

#3884 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

sure.

our countries are similar.

Only 2 importers in France and they agree on prices (to distributors). We also have a nice TVA charges up to 20%. customer is fu.. at final.

Prices still go up despite a currency conversion rate in our favour. AIG LE is (was) 10900€ at best + shipping (sorry dont know about GNR)

#3885 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can also adjust the scoop hood to change the path of the ball.

Hey Chuck what’s your opinion on GnR’s did you reveiw it already?

#3886 3 years ago

I wonder how many CE's are staying in the states? 250, 300? Doesn't it take about a month to get to you guys? If they are telling u late Nov/Dec they would have to ship these in the next couple weeks....hmmmm

#3887 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I wonder how many CE's are staying in the states? 250, 300? Doesn't it take about a month to get to you guys? If they are telling u late Nov/Dec they would have to ship these in the next couple weeks....hmmmm

I haven’t seen any mention of CEs getting here for then. Suspect initial shipment would be LEs only but I’m only guessing.

#3888 3 years ago

Since JJP likely couldn't anticipate the demand on the CE, do you think they pre-acquired parts for all 500 games before making the announcement? Or do you think they are in the process of ordering parts now that they know that they have a full sell out? I would lean towards the latter. If it would have only sold 200-300 games like Wonka CE, that would leave a lot of extra parts (playfields, unique aprons, decals, etc.) that they wouldn't be able to use. On any of the factory tour videos, have any CE parts been spotted?

#3889 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Since JJP likely couldn't anticipate the demand on the CE, do you think they pre-acquired parts for all 500 games before making the announcement? Or do you think they are in the process of ordering parts now that they know that they have a full sell out? I would lean towards the latter. If it would have only sold 200-300 games like Wonka CE, that would leave a lot of extra parts (playfields, unique aprons, decals, etc.) that they wouldn't be able to use. On any of the factory tour videos, have any CE parts been spotted?

Photo from yesterday showed a row of SE and a row of LE on the line.
Maybe they got the 100 SE’s done as they were on the line last week too and are swapping back to more LE’s.

#3890 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

The Collector’s it’s a beautiful machine, when I saw the 1st pics I thought that the LE it was in fact the CE but I liked more the purple with Appetite’s Art.... then I saw the topper and knew that I was confused with the Collector’s Edition... so, lucky me because I’ll have the Art and colors that I wanted to have ... and lucky you too because you like the LE way more.

Cheers

#3891 3 years ago

frankly, I'm waiting patiently to know more about the flow and wow-factor of standard edition, to determine if I sell some pins or not.
LE is way to high for me. I miss a 8k level.

#3892 3 years ago

I can’t believe the freakin playfields are still pooling/chipping. I really can’t understand this. Fix the F’n problems already.

#3894 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

My guess is JJP was taken by surprise and their scrambling with their suppliers to get parts, which is why they've been silent on deliveries. Since all their play fields come from Germany my guess thats probably the longest lead time. Doesn't it take a month just to ship?

#3895 3 years ago

On the website.

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/ go to Downloads - Guns and Roses.

It's a Delta update. Easy. Follow the instructions. If you haven't set your game up for the wifi update yet.

LTG : )

#3896 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I can’t believe the freakin playfields are still pooling/chipping. I really can’t understand this. Fix the F’n problems already.

I saw this on Facebook this morning. crazy

#3897 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

It's funny when people talk about geometry and flow. When someone says a game has great flow, it really just means there are a lot of shots that are easy. But no one wants to say easy shots because everyone wants to think of themselves as good players. WTF is weird geometry? Geometry is math...nothing weird about it. What you mean is the point at which you need to shoot on the flipper is different than 90% of most games. The shots are different on Rick and Morty. The game is brutal. You absolutely need to control the ball and you are punished for not hitting your shots. It is a shallow game code wise when you compare it to the likes of JJP. But I keep hitting the start button over and over. It feels like a modern day Flash Gordon. Brutal game that keeps me coming back. Sometimes I would play my JJP games and after a half hour I would just get tired. I am not a great player. JJP games tend to be long. I definitely want one back in my line up but two was too many. Now I don't have any. Maybe GnR will be the one.

No flow means less stop and go butter=easy shots clunky=hard shots

#3898 3 years ago

The only thing I wonder is are the first GNR's off the line using the more durable Spectrum Micro playfields? JJP has likely had the GNR playfields going into games now for weeks if not months and who knows how long they were made prior to that.

Here's the pic of the GNR pooling playfield.

122007648_2680665658862121_6280324700798513612_n (resized).jpg122007648_2680665658862121_6280324700798513612_n (resized).jpg

#3899 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:JP is over rated as hell. And dont get me started on the artwork. How in the hell is a number two pin of all time this stinking ugly?
The top 100 rankings are bologna. Pure and simple. It's a high school popularity contest at this point.

LOL The rankings are bologna with JJP POTC #4

#3900 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The only thing I wonder is are the first GNR's off the line using the more durable Spectrum Micro playfields? JJP has likely had the GNR playfields going into games now for weeks if not months and who knows how long they were made prior to that.
Here's the pic of the GNR pooling playfield.
[quoted image]

what about all the other posts? Are they pooling as well? If not maybe this particular post was tightened too much?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/78?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.