pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 111.
#3751 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like the LE artwork better too!
But I like the Band autos and extras on the CE
That’s why it sold out
It we be the last JJP CE to ever sell out because they can’t match the GNR assets ever again

Toy Story could be in the same league.

#3752 3 years ago

I need to STOP watching gameplay footage as this game just looks to good!

#3753 3 years ago

Its really weird how all those who didn't get a CE (the majority) think the art work and colors are better on the LE and everyone who did get a CE thinks the art work on the CE is the cats ass! go figure

#3754 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Its really weird how all those who didn't get a CE (the majority) think the art work and colors are better on the LE and everyone who did get a CE thinks the art work on the CE is the cats ass! go figure

Thats the same with people who miss out on LE's.. They always say "I prefer the premium art anyway"..

I'ts just a way for most people to justify their loss.

Look at TWD LE - The most ugliest machine ever made (poop and blood) But highly sought after.

Ce is the way to go if you can get it of course.

#3755 3 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Look at TWD LE - The most ugliest machine ever made (poop and blood) But highly sought after.

Good to know I’m not the only one.

#3756 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Except me Billy. I like me both but gotta say the LE artwork with the concert posters is damn good.

Either way, we are getting the CE so it doesn't matter.

CE has band autos and all the other upgrades. It's the Slash special edition and that's good enough for me!

#3757 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Good to know I’m not the only one.

But it's a great ugly box of ugliness?

GOT is MUCH worse.

#3758 3 years ago

CE cabinet art is awesome. Except I would take out "Appetite for Destruction" at the bottom. Would of looked better blank. Not a fan of purple trim. Don't really like the skull plate on the plunger. The roses on the action button is super cool. The translite is nice, the art on the side of the back box is meh, not feeling the modified cross. Not feeling the side blade art either, should of matched the art style of the play field. Overall the CE art is nice, I would of loved to own one, but totally not disappointed by the LE, as I have nothing bad to say about the LE, love the red, love the posters, love the translite and I can modify the side blade art and action button area.

#3759 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like the LE artwork better too!
But I like the Band autos and extras on the CE
That’s why it sold out
It we be the last JJP CE to ever sell out because they can’t match the GNR assets ever again

This might be the only time they sellout the LE’s as well. On a side note I contacted JJP to see if the LE’s would offer the RadCal as an option and the answer is no. I am surprised on this decision with how many of us like the artwork on the LE and would like the option of the RadCal’s.

#3760 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

This might be the only time they sellout the LE’s as well. On a side note I contacted JJP to see if the LE’s would offer the RadCal as an option and the answer is no. I am surprised on this decision with how many of us like the artwork on the LE and would like the option of the RadCal’s.

Hey BigT, gotta keep some things unique to the CE right? OR 500 ain't going out the door.

#3761 3 years ago

... I’ll be nailed here and crucified, but I do like the Backglass/Translite of the SE 100% and don’t ask me why but I mean it!...

#3762 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

... I’ll be nailed here and crucified, but I do like the Backglass/Translite of the SE 100% and don’t ask me why but I mean it!...

BtW... I don’t know how many Collectors Ed. will arrive here in Canada, but I got confirmation that 1 of those are mine

#3763 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

BtW... I don’t know how many Collectors Ed. will arrive here in Canada, but I got confirmation that 1 of those are mine

Congrats!

#3764 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Not everyone. I didn’t get the CE and I think it looks better. I won’t sp md the money and I was to late anyway so I get the LE. I certainly hope it’s a great game because we just dueled in the FH I’m the trading for the GnR and not only is it beautiful but it plays great. I’ll have to take the other PF I have and restore another one.

#3765 3 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Thats the same with people who miss out on LE's.. They always say "I prefer the premium art anyway"..
I'ts just a way for most people to justify their loss.
Ce is the way to go if you can get it of course.

I knew GnR wasn't going anywhere so I wanted the game that looked the best. I easily could have got the CE but then I would have to look at it when the machine was turned off and that was a no go. The AFD cross that they millennialized was the nail in the coffin for me. Or maybe it was that robot on the front...

But hey we're all getting a really good game! Speaking of, jjp get to it!

#3766 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hey BigT, gotta keep some things unique to the CE right? OR 500 ain't going out the door.

I agree and disagree. The CE have special art and RadCals for the art. I don’t think offering RadCals as an option for the LE’s would change the exclusivity of the CE’s. It would just add to the coffers of JJP. A RadCal offering for the LE’s wouldn’t make it rare or devalue the CE’s.

#3767 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I agree and disagree. The CE have special art and RadCals for the art. I don’t think offering RadCals as an option for the LE’s would change the exclusivity of the CE’s. It would just add to the coffers of JJP. A RadCal offering for the LE’s wouldn’t make it rare or devalue the CE’s.

They have always offered the radcal upgrade on the le's... wonder y not this time? They wld look so good

#3768 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They have always offered the radcal upgrade on the le's... wonder y not this time? They wld look so good

The new JJP business model....my guess in going forward they may only be available on the CE's? I wish there was an upgrade option on the LE because they are awesome

#3769 3 years ago

LE buyer from day one purely based on the cab art. Additionally, I couldn’t justify the bump in price for art I didn’t appreciate, band sigs, and one additional mech. If I were a huge GnR fan I might have felt differently but I’m not. Super excited about this game though.

How soon will it take someone to fit a CE apron and coma lock on an LE?

#3770 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I knew GnR wasn't going anywhere so I wanted the game that looked the best. I easily could have got the CE but then I would have to look at it when the machine was turned off and that was a no go. The AFD cross that they millennialized was the nail in the coffin for me. Or maybe it was that robot on the front...
But hey we're all getting a really good game! Speaking of, jjp get to it!

I've never thought about purchasing a machine based on what it looks like when it's turned off.
I guess if it were placed in an area or a space that required a certain aesthetic then it makes total sense.

#3771 3 years ago

Ummmm, I'm not a noob but WTF is a RadCal? (sounds like a cool sticker from the 80's?)

Would be great if it had a "player" setting in the code that increased the difficulty to get multiball so it wasn't such a multiball-fest all the time, also lowering ball save time and making add a ball harder. Seems they are catering too much towards noobs with easy multiball and wide ramps etc.

It may be possible to do this through individual settings? but it would be be better IMO if the gameplay we have seen so far ended up being "noob" or "easy" settings with "default" being harder and maybe adding a "difficult" also. Generally I like to play default settings so that I feel I'm not cheating and I'm playing as it's supposed to be. But from what I'm seeing so far this pin devalues multiball as it's too easy to get and maintain, balls draining all over the place but it doesn't matter they all come back and if multi finishes it doesn't matter it will be back in a few shots.

I think if I got this game I would consider putting a playfield protector on it out of the box due to the amount of balls dropping onto it and six ball action potentially causing wear.

#3772 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Come way down in a year? Completely disagree and that's my free quote a year from now.

Yep. One year from today. I'll come back and offer some quotes from the market. Price is way too high to recoup on resale. Gameplay doesn't match assets. No toys.

Sorry for your loss.

#3773 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat:Ummmm, I'm not a noob but WTF is a RadCal? (sounds like a cool sticker from the 80's?)
Would be great if it had a "player" setting in the code that increased the difficulty to get multiball so it wasn't such a multiball-fest all the time, also lowering ball save time and making add a ball harder. Seems they are catering too much towards noobs with easy multiball and wide ramps etc.
It may be possible to do this through individual settings? but it would be be better IMO if the gameplay we have seen so far ended up being "noob" or "easy" settings with "default" being harder and maybe adding a "difficult" also. Generally I like to play default settings so that I feel I'm not cheating and I'm playing as it's supposed to be. But from what I'm seeing so far this pin devalues multiball as it's too easy to get and maintain, balls draining all over the place but it doesn't matter they all come back and if multi finishes it doesn't matter it will be back in a few shots.
I think if I got this game I would consider putting a playfield protector on it out of the box due to the amount of balls dropping onto it and six ball action potentially causing wear.

Its like a hard plastic material over the decal. Like its laminated..

#3774 3 years ago

I missed out on a CE. Getting the LE instead. And still very happy about it!!

But... you guys that think the CE value will go down are nuts. Most that bought it are not flippers. Sorry but it’s true. Even after it sold out, people here still forget how many rich pinball hobbyists and also GNR fans that are out there and how well hyped that reveal was. Plus, it actually is a unique CE with an extra physical mech + band signatures that will make it hard to simply rerun another Yellow Brick Road GNR in the future with the same hype behind it.

CEs will remain highly valued.
My LE will drop in value.

Such is life. Wish I knew to avoid going thru the distributor but I will for next time.

#3775 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Have to agree. The CE now is seen as a valuable unicorn but when the dust settles and a few scalpers get some desperation buyers off guard that will be the end of its rarity. The only CE to ever pull off a rare price point was POTC and that only happened due to its run off 200 and the fact the entire game run was limited. Refer to DI, WOZ, and WW for data on CE return. As it’s biggest strike on CE value they are going to pump Thousands of LE and SE games to market further depreciating the assumed value and Art won’t carry buyers to the CE price or any increase. Time will tell but this was a Hungry market over correction for a new JJP Hoping it could be the next POTC.

It will all depend on where the CE’s end up. If 200-250 go over sea’s and a good number of the CE’s end up in real home collections that do not need ($$) to flip or need funds ($$) then it will be a hard pin to get a hold of .

There is also the GNR hard core band Fans that make take hold of some of the pins and hold on to them like old fair mirrors.

Time will tell. I think it will be a hard to find pin. The CE.

#3776 3 years ago

Have a funny feeling there will be a Slash Special edition later down the line.........
Hat signed, different art pack, more Slash specific......

#3777 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Have a funny feeling there will be a Slash Special edition later down the line.........
Hat signed, different art pack, more Slash specific......

There's a good change there is going to be another special ed. - most likely without signatures but all the features
Leaves too much money on the table not doing it

#3778 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Ummmm, I'm not a noob but WTF is a RadCal? (sounds like a cool sticker from the 80's?)

G'day Rat , from a fellow Taswegian .
From my experience with JJP pins , you can choose , easy , medium , hard settings and you can also set individual settings to what you want .
I don't know if this is the case for GNR , just ashuming .

#3779 3 years ago

I’ve asked Keefer a lot on the adjustments and you can pretty much change anything you want. We are going to use it in a tournament tonight and I’m going to set max ball save across the board to 5 secs and also disable the add a balls in song modes and see how that goes.

#3780 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve asked Keefer a lot on the adjustments and you can pretty much change anything you want. We are going to use it in a tournament tonight and I’m going to set max ball save across the board to 5 secs and also disable the add a balls in song modes and see how that goes.

I bet it is totally brutal.

#3781 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Oh, it's coming... on the "Welcome to the Jungle" edition, 2022.

#3782 3 years ago

Look. For the CE's to devalue means that the LE's will have to decline in advance of them. No way will the 500 CE's ever be less valuable than the LE's. Just look to the Stern LE price history for the past decade as evidence.

And this price adjustment for JJP's biggest selling game is supposed to happen in a years time? Only if the entire market falls apart will that happen.
JJP has a huge hit on their hands and a year from now they will still be selling and manufacturing the LE's.

Now as long as we're playing Nostradamus, here's my prediction. After the dust settles from this first round of GnR selling, at some point JJP will quietly raise their price on the LE. I'll let some of you figure it out from there.

Quoted for your pleasure:

Quoted from Tranquilize:

The CEs will come way down. Feel free to quote me in a year. The price is so high and the LE looks better. You'll save 1.5 to 2k in a year. That goes for all crazy expensive high production machines, not just gnr. FOMO has driven sales a lot. Great for the company. If you didn't get aCE, relax. You'll probably want an LE when the dust settles anyway.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yep. One year from today. I'll come back and offer some quotes from the market. Price is way too high to recoup on resale. Gameplay doesn't match assets. No toys.
Sorry for your loss.

#3783 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I think JJP has figured out that offering custom machine builds / options isn't a great recipe for large scale efficient manufacturing.

#3784 3 years ago

Has anyone heard when we will see A stream for the SE? I figured with the pinball expo this weekend we would have seen a video or something.

#3785 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I bet it is totally brutal.

I'm interested to see if multiballs were added for this reason.

#3786 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

JJP has a huge hit on their hands and a year from now they will still be selling and manufacturing the LE's.
Quoted for your pleasure:

I saw someone posted that half the LE's are already sold before this past weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if it sells out in a month.

#3787 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That should be interesting. How will the removal of add a ball effect the add a ball and continue or take bonus gamble? Will it only offer take bonus? Curious haven’t tried this yet.

#3788 3 years ago
Quoted from Ranpastrana:

I saw someone posted that half the LE's are already sold before this past weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if it sells out in a month.

This could quickly turn into a Spooky / Dutch Pinball type "waiting game" if production can't pick up pace a bit.

With potentially upwards of 2500 LEs sold, all 500 CEs and who knows (maybe a hundred or so?) SE, that is ALOT of games to produce. Even at the pace being suggested here, we are looking at 6 months easily before everyone who currently has a machine on order gets their machine.

The real question is what is a bird in the hand worth? You see it on Lebowski...you can wait 6-9 months and pay $12.5k or you can pay $15k+/- and have it this week.

If the pace is really going to be unable to satisfy the LE orders quickly, I suspect you will see LE's getting flipped for profit sooner than we see CE's.

#3789 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That should be interesting. How will the removal of add a ball effect the add a ball and continue or take bonus gamble? Will it only offer take bonus? Curious haven’t tried this yet.

I assume it all works the same except when you continue you don’t get an add a ball.

#3790 3 years ago

How's this for a combo? My son-in-law showed it to me for his birthday.

Cheers

thumbnail-11 (resized).jpegthumbnail-11 (resized).jpeg
#3791 3 years ago

Imagine trying to sneak in one of those VCR recorders from back in the day. They weighed about 10 pounds and were the size of a small suitcase.

#3792 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Imagine trying to sneak in one of those VCR recorders from back in the day. They weighed about 10 pounds and were the size of a small suitcase.

But back in the day we actually watched concerts though, the new cell phone generation wants to "capture" it all rather than experience it all...sad

#3793 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

But back in the day we actually watched concerts though, the new cell phone generation wants to "capture" it all rather than experience it all...sad

Agreed, and those videos come out looking/sounding like shit too.

#3794 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Agreed, and those videos come out looking/sounding like shit too.

Same people who stare at fireworks displays through their phone screens as they’re recording it.

#3795 3 years ago

There is ZERO hard evidence that half the LEs have sold, and I would think that isn't the case.

I know I wouldn't want to hear it or look at it objectively if I was buying a CE, but price will come down. You guys are forgetting the price tag. The game is 12.5k plus shipping and taxes. You really think you're going to get 13k a year down the road? Of course LEs are going to come down too. There is a huge FOMO going on about the CEs, and if you can't see that, you're blind. Gameplay reviews have been mixed. You can check this very thread if you need proof.

There are a bazzillion LEs available, and as some of you have stated, they will likely come out with a different CE to soak up some more profits. This is just the reality of all NIB, not just GnR. I knew I would eat a 1-2k loss on my DILE. You'll be able to pick up a CE in year's time for a good price, just like all the Stern LEs. It's not the old days anymore where your LE/CE (of almost any game) will appreciate in value. Saturation is upon us as well.

#3796 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Same people who stare at fireworks displays through their phone screens as they’re recording it.

Hate that. Was at Disneyworld last year and every second moron was holding up their phone, blocking other peoples' views so they could record something that probably already has 4000 identical uploads to Youtube.

#3797 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

There is ZERO hard evidence that half the LEs have sold, and I would think that isn't the case.

That's the only part of your comment I agree with. Why people continually buy into the Pinside rumor mill with no evidence is beyond me.

#3798 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I know I wouldn't want to hear it or look at it objectively if I was buying a CE, but price will come down. You guys are forgetting the price tag. The game is 12.5k plus shipping and taxes. You really think you're going to get 13k a year down the road? Of course LEs are going to come down too. There is a huge FOMO going on about the CEs, and if you can't see that, you're blind. Gameplay reviews have been mixed. You can check this very thread if you need proof.
There are a bazzillion LEs available, and as some of you have stated, they will likely come out with a different CE to soak up some more profits. This is just the reality of all NIB, not just GnR. I knew I would eat a 1-2k loss on my DILE. You'll be able to pick up a CE in year's time for a good price, just like all the Stern LEs. It's not the old days anymore where your LE/CE (of almost any game) will appreciate in value. Saturation is upon us as well.

Maybe, maybe not....theres enough differentiation between the CE and LE that may help hold or even increase its value. The CE has an additional game play feature, rad cals, topper, shooter, lockdown emblem, band signatures, etc....is that a big deal? who knows, but it does differentiate the product line. My guess is CE's will hold or increase in value and LE's will drop the standard 10-20% that most NIB games drop. Remember for the first time JJP's CE product line has changed this time around. Is that enough to hold value? only time will tell

#3799 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Maybe, maybe not....theres enough differentiation between the CE and LE that may help hold or even increase its value. The CE has an additional game play feature, rad cals, topper, shooter, lockdown emblem, band signatures, etc....is that a big deal? who knows, but it does differentiate the product line. My guess is CE's will hold or increase in value and LE's will drop the standard 10-20% that most NIB games drop. Remember for the first time JJP's CE product line has changed this time around. Is that enough to hold value? only time will tell

If you don't want to use history as evidence, you're right. Maybe it will increase and/or hold value. If we use history, evidence leans toward the typical loss. Would you be defending this position so vehemently if you weren't buying a CE? I think I'm being pretty objective. I'm not buying the game, but JJP is my favourite pinball company.

#3800 3 years ago

First LE I've seen for sale in possession

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/104318

Watching this one to see if the market values the immediate possession price hike versus taking on someone else's tax and shipping burden, nothing against the seller, if someone buys it, I guess technically the value of the LE's just went up

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 11,000.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/76?hl=rikeisland and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.