pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 111.
#3701 3 years ago

I have had mine for 15 years. And I still love it. If it had the rules of a new pin nothing would ever beat it.

#3702 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I have had mine for 15 years. And I still love it. If it had the rules of a new pin nothing would ever beat it.

No way, all those toys and mechs getting in the way of the ball. No flow. Shouldn't rate higher than '3'.

#3703 3 years ago

Yes way infinity

#3704 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

No way, all those toys and mechs getting in the way of the ball. No flow. Shouldn't rate higher than '3'.

bush_doing_it_wrong_1 (resized).jpgbush_doing_it_wrong_1 (resized).jpg
#3705 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I play consistently that never gets old.

Have u ever gotten to the end? After that it didn't last long. Also no desire to own it again. Not saying it isn't a classic but every pin eventually gets boring.

#3706 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Have u ever gotten to the end? After that it didn't last long. Also no desire to own it again. Not saying it isn't a classic but every pin eventually gets boring.

Been to the end 3-4 times.

#3707 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Been to the end 3-4 times.

Well then ur lucky, u found something special.

Its a strange pin cause I loved it, but all my buddies who play pinball couldn't stand it. Its not a game for the casual player that's for sure. I'm a firm believer the new stuff has buried all those classics from the 90's. Still fun to play but they can't compete. JMO

#3708 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its a strange pin cause I loved it, but all my buddies who play pinball couldn't stand it. Its not a game for the casual player that's for sure. I'm a firm believer the new stuff has buried all those classics from the 90's. Still fun to play but they can't compete. JMO

I still love to go back to my 90’s games and play them. They bring a different feel and excitement compared to today’s modern games. I love today’s games for sure but I really love the difference between the two era’s.

#3709 3 years ago

Any idea when the base model will start production? I don't think these have been distributed yet. Thanks.

#3710 3 years ago

Anyone get a shipping update from their distributor on Friday like was rumored?

#3711 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It’s greatness lies not just in the theme, art, layout, ingenuity, and making it to LITZ, but in the individual modes themselves, which are distinctive and fun to revisit alone or in combination with other modes. The modes of many new games are very similar, despite the depth of code.

#3712 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I still love to go back to my 90’s games and play them. They bring a different feel and excitement compared to today’s modern games. I love today’s games for sure but I really love the difference between the two era’s.

I know this may sound lame....but did you get to play on Friday? I was waiting to read your thoughts yesterday!

#3713 3 years ago

Was he talking to this guy?

09293D28-614C-49EA-BA50-63EF7A987351 (resized).png09293D28-614C-49EA-BA50-63EF7A987351 (resized).png
#3714 3 years ago

The 2 distributors i talked to on Friday were contacted by JJP and were told SEs in 1-3 weeks. And they were each getting 2.
Dana

#3715 3 years ago

I just checked and as of today there are 15 wtb ads for the CE.
That's quite a statement.

#3716 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I just checked and as of today there are 15 wtb ads for the CE.
That's quite a statement.

Its really an incredible package...

#3717 3 years ago

and not a single CE for sale ad. Wonder what’s the hold up?

#3718 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Ahhh....nobody has one

#3719 3 years ago

So, question for y'all (and since we're talking GnR, I'm making it a 'loaded' one.... *ba-dum-bum...tsss*)...

Having never played an Alien, Full Throttle or Captain Nemo (I think that's the name) where the informational screen is in the middle center of the slings, does it really make a difference when playing the game to make the shots you need to make or does it not make any difference than any other LCD game where you have to look up?

The reason I ask is because the only major gripe I have with GnR is a design choice where I feel like the band member inserts and that mini info screen could've been reversed. Since this game is so multiball heavy, I think that having that info screen in the middle of the slings (with a virtual band member count on the mini screen with lights representing the members on the backboard) would've been more efficient...?

I liken it to driving a car. 80-90% of the time you're concentrating on the dash, what's directly in front of you and what's coming up to the sides of the vehicle (flippers/slings/outlanes) and 10-20% is looking at where you're going to so you can make turns and modifications to speed (top half of the playfield).

At least in GnR you're getting that 'bullet' list (*rimshot*) of items that you need to accomplish but having to look up at the mini LCD is still taking concentration off the ball. You can trap for time, but it's at the detriment of that shot meter with the headbanging skull during songs. I was just wondering if having that screen in the center really makes that much difference, because I feel like that could have been useful here.

#3720 3 years ago
Quoted from IcePagoda:

So, question for y'all (and since we're talking GnR, I'm making it a 'loaded' one.... *ba-dum-bum...tsss*)...
Having never played an Alien, Full Throttle or Captain Nemo (I think that's the name) where the informational screen is in the middle center of the slings, does it really make a difference when playing the game to make the shots you need to make or does it not make any difference than any other LCD game where you have to look up?
The reason I ask is because the only major gripe I have with GnR is a design choice where I feel like the band member inserts and that mini info screen could've been reversed. Since this game is so multiball heavy, I think that having that info screen in the middle of the slings (with a virtual band member count on the mini screen with lights representing the members on the backboard) would've been more efficient...?
I liken it to driving a car. 80-90% of the time you're concentrating on the dash, what's directly in front of you and what's coming up to the sides of the vehicle (flippers/slings/outlanes) and 10-20% is looking at where you're going to so you can make turns and modifications to speed (top half of the playfield).
At least in GnR you're getting that 'bullet' list (*rimshot*) of items that you need to accomplish but having to look up at the mini LCD is still taking concentration off the ball. You can trap for time, but it's at the detriment of that shot meter with the headbanging skull during songs. I was just wondering if having that screen in the center really makes that much difference, because I feel like that could have been useful here.

I have Full Throttle and Alien. Oddly enough, I tend to look at the inserts and back box for information instead of the playfield display, even though the information on the displays is the same. May be due to all the years of preconditioning.

#3721 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It's one of two games the wife would never let me sell. TZ and TOTAN. I have my TZ set up steep as hell and toughest rules possible. She can still flip it pretty well, and I can still get 2 LOTZs in one game once in a while. Still kicks my ass most games though. I love the cross referencing too. Stay away from the clock in clock chaos and all the referencing in fast lock. I remember playing a tournament when I had whirlwind. Both games playing the same song at the same time. Epic.

Truth told, the game would get boring without the power ball. It is such a genious part of the game that throws a monkey wrench into your plans. If you get it back into the G machine, you're rewarded with the best multiball in all of pinball. Unlike GnR, you really feel that you've earned that damned multiball, and it is damned special.

#3722 3 years ago

meh

#3723 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I have Full Throttle and Alien. Oddly enough, I tend to look at the inserts and back box for information instead of the playfield display, even though the information on the displays is the same. May be due to all the years of preconditioning.

So, "even though the information on the displays is the same" is the key here. I'll have to look at Alien or FT videos, but in GnR the informational, smaller display is showing shot info while the main screen is doing the multimedia experience (performance clips, announcement call out stuff like Jackpot, EB or mode animations, etc.). They're essentially performing two distinct functions from each other, which partially explains my issue with it. I don't mind having the flashy part being on the main monitor for spectators to watch, but I like having information at my fingertips, so to speak. That's why I think the smaller monitor would've been beneficial someplace where you look the majority of your playing time. The upper right corner of the playfield isn't that location (at least for me).

#3724 3 years ago

Would’ve been good to have one on the apron like Pirates.

#3725 3 years ago

Oh well Excuse me!!!!

#3726 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would’ve been good to have one on the apron like Pirates.

I would've accepted that too (but having only played POTC twice when it was at Pincinnati, I was a little overwhelmed by everything else in that game to really notice the apron screen... there was just too much going on. But that's for another thread. ).

#3727 3 years ago

It’s right in front of the center button on the apron. Would be perfect for GNR to have too.

#3728 3 years ago

Well, now all we need is someone to make an apron mod with a mini screen that duplicated the playfield one and we're all set! lol

#3729 3 years ago

The line of sight of the screen in back is absolutely perfect for instruction before and during a song for a quick glance at shots remaining. Apron would have been a distraction during play.
Well done JJP.

#3730 3 years ago

Needs a Pinbar. (tm)

#3731 3 years ago

The CE owners want to make sure it’s in their hands first.

#3732 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I know this may sound lame....but did you get to play on Friday? I was waiting to read your thoughts yesterday!

I was heading to my friends house Friday but he changed the time so I was not able to go after that. I had later plans. . Hopefully this week after work. I will give my honest opinion.

#3733 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Needs a Pinbar. (tm)

Insert drum roll here

#3734 3 years ago

I expect prices to skyrocket down as soon as CEs are available. I suspect a lot of people bought to flip. If I were looking for a CE, I would wait for them to be made and available before buying. If I was flipping I would PM people now and sell b/c prices will be highest as people fear CEs won’t be available....even though they will. Flippers will be fighting each other. Majority of folks want the LE and the CE sold in two secs b/c it’s flipcity.

#3735 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I agree. This goes for the manufactures as well. All this comparing crap and the vs threads suck. I don't want JJP to play or look like a Stern and vice versa, Spooky has its own look and feel same with American. There's something great about going from Maiden to JM to Swords of Fury then a quick run on Robocop.

#3736 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I agree. This goes for the manufactures as well. All this comparing crap and the vs threads suck. I don't want JJP to play or look like a Stern and vice versa, Spooky has its own look and feel same with American. There's something great about going from Maiden to JM to Swords of Fury then a quick run on Robocop.

Exactly. I created a house pinball league 6 years ago and we have about 4 host. Each host has different games from Stern, Bally, Williams, JJP, Sega, Gottlieb & Spooky. It makes it very challenging. In a good way. Now back to this fantastic pinball, GNR.

#3737 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Right on. Spice of life.

#3738 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I expect prices to skyrocket down as soon as CEs are available. I suspect a lot of people bought to flip. If I were looking for a CE, I would wait for them to be made and available before buying. If I was flipping I would PM people now and sell b/c prices will be highest as people fear CEs won’t be available....even though they will. Flippers will be fighting each other. Majority of folks want the LE and the CE sold in two secs b/c it’s flipcity.

I'm not sure about that? The CE package was light years ahead of the other models, which is why it sold out quickly. Does that mean people won't flip? Of course they will....

#3739 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm not sure about that? The CE package was light years ahead of the other models, which is why it sold out quickly. Does that mean people won't flip? Of course they will....

I know you're one of those that like the art better on the CE and prob one of the biggest fanboys of it. I get it. You're not the majority though that's for sure.

Art, no question LE is better (majority agree for sure).
Sound bar? Already confirmed can be added to the LE and you can get a bose one on there for just 250
flower and plunger sculps? back alley is making more (slight variations) along with other modders
Topper? Expect many and likely will better (who wants the flipper GnR logo)?
Blue vs Green PF art diff? yeah, no even going to comment haha
como hard lock. The ONLY thing I can think of that is truly different but it doesn't make a big diff to see a ball go into a lock and still get that weak art to look at all day

Just my opinion on what will happen but no question, flippers caused this and if you're a real genuine person who wants a CE, do not buy them now. Wait until they are made, still don't buy that first week or so, then watch this become a battle of the flippers and jump in when it goes down.

#3740 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I know you're one of those that like the art better on the CE and prob one of the biggest fanboys of it. I get it. You're not the majority though that's for sure.
Sound bar? Already confirmed can be added to the LE and you can get a bose one on there for just 250
flower and plunger sculps? back alley is making more (slight variations) along with other modders
como hard lock. The ONLY thing I can think of that is truly different but it doesn't make a big diff to see a ball go into a lock and still get that weak art to look at all day
Just my opinion on what will happen but no question, flippers caused this and if you're a real genuine person who wants a CE, do not buy them now. Wait until they are made, still don't buy that first week or so, then watch this become a battle of the flippers and jump in when it goes down.

So u think theres more flippers than real buyers? My guess is theres some flippers in there for sure, but most are real buyers. I think the LE art package looks great, but not nearly as good as the CE....just my opinion as I like the art work, powder coating, topper, emblem, etc...clearly u can dress up an LE with a sound bar, topper, lock down emblem, and it will close the gap..... unfortunately I think the CE won't get any cheaper over time, but buying one now from a flipper makes zero sense.

#3741 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So u think theres more flippers than real buyers? My guess is theres some flippers in there for sure, but most are real buyers. I think the LE art package looks great, but not nearly as good as the CE....just my opinion as I like the art work, powder coating, topper, emblem, etc...clearly u can dress up an LE with a sound bar, topper, lock down emblem, and it will close the gap..... unfortunately I think the CE won't get any cheaper over time, but buying one now from a flipper makes zero sense.

20 flippers out of 500.

#3742 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Shiny foil decals sound cool. Band member signatures sound cool.

#3743 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Count me in this group - bought it 'cause I want it.

#3744 3 years ago

The CEs will come way down. Feel free to quote me in a year. The price is so high and the LE looks better. You'll save 1.5 to 2k in a year. That goes for all crazy expensive high production machines, not just gnr. FOMO has driven sales a lot. Great for the company. If you didn't get aCE, relax. You'll probably want an LE when the dust settles anyway.

#3745 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Shiny foil decals sound cool. Band member signatures sound cool.

Don’t underestimate the cabinet artwork/graphics on the CE. I have seen mirrored chrome vinyl before and it’s out of this world (also not cheap). The entire cabinet will mimic a mirrored blackglass. Much like the sparkles in the playfield, the cabinet will be much more appreciated in person. The CE is truly special (hence the quick sellout), and the cabinet artwork is what will make this pin stand out the most out of any pin in a lineup.

#3746 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Have to agree. The CE now is seen as a valuable unicorn but when the dust settles and a few scalpers get some desperation buyers off guard that will be the end of its rarity. The only CE to ever pull off a rare price point was POTC and that only happened due to its run off 200 and the fact the entire game run was limited. Refer to DI, WOZ, and WW for data on CE return. As it’s biggest strike on CE value they are going to pump Thousands of LE and SE games to market further depreciating the assumed value and Art won’t carry buyers to the CE price or any increase. Time will tell but this was a Hungry market over correction for a new JJP Hoping it could be the next POTC.

#3747 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The CEs will come way down. Feel free to quote me in a year. The price is so high and the LE looks better. You'll save 1.5 to 2k in a year. That goes for all crazy expensive high production machines, not just gnr. FOMO has driven sales a lot. Great for the company. If you didn't get aCE, relax. You'll probably want an LE when the dust settles anyway.

I doubt it, but only time will tell....

#3748 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The CEs will come way down. Feel free to quote me in a year.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

You'll save 1.5 to 2k in a year.

Come way down in a year? Completely disagree and that's my free quote a year from now.

#3749 3 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

Don’t underestimate the cabinet artwork/graphics on the CE. I have seen mirrored chrome vinyl before and it’s out of this world (also not cheap). The entire cabinet will mimic a mirrored blackglass. Much like the sparkles in the playfield, the cabinet will be much more appreciated in person. The CE is truly special (hence the quick sellout), and the cabinet artwork is what will make this pin stand out the most out of any pin in a lineup.

problem is all of that mirrored goodness can't help that artwork! OK - I know, it's all subjective but poll wise, majority prefer LE so I'll speak for the majority

and yes, opinion again but I do feel like many many of these people are flippers on the CE.

I just want my damn game! haha

#3750 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

problem is all of that mirrored goodness can't help that artwork! OK - I know, it's all subjective but poll wise, majority prefer LE so I'll speak for the majority
and yes, opinion again but I do feel like many many of these people are flippers on the CE.
I just want my damn game! haha

I like the LE artwork better too!

But I like the Band autos and extras on the CE

That’s why it sold out

It we be the last JJP CE to ever sell out because they can’t match the GNR assets ever again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

8,500 (OBO)
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.