pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 111.
#3651 3 years ago

If you want to have a huge song jackpot, you need to build the value of the song before you start it. You mainly do this two ways:

1. The 4 booster 2 ball multiballs (Pyro, Lights, Crowd, Amp). Think of these as the opening act of a concert. They are all stackable together so it can get crazy. If you do well in them, the song level (value) will be higher.

2. Locking as many balls as possible. You can see which band members have locked balls as their particular revolver insert between the flippers will be green. If you lock all 6 balls your song will have a high starting value.

When you start the song, you see the song level in the lower left of the big screen. 20 is low, 100 is good, 150 is amazing. You can build the song level as you play the song, but you want to start with as high a level as possible. People that don't know this will not usually get HUGE song jackpots.

chuckwurt The Power Chord Jackpots are nice, but the song jackpot is much more important. I think my max power chord is 4. That was pretty fun.

#3652 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

If you want to have a huge song jackpot, you need to build the value of the song before you start it. You mainly do this two ways:
1. The 4 booster 2 ball multiballs (Pyro, Lights, Crowd, Amp). Think of these as the opening act of a concert. They are all stackable together so it can get crazy. If you do well in them, the song level (value) will be higher.
2. Locking as many balls as possible. You can see which band members have locked balls as their particular revolver insert between the flippers will be green. If you lock all 6 balls your song will have a high starting value.
When you start the song, you see the song level in the lower left of the big screen. 20 is low, 100 is good, 150 is amazing. You can build the song level as you play the song, but you want to start with as high a level as possible. People that don't know this will not usually get HUGE song jackpots.
chuckwurt The Power Chord Jackpots are nice, but the song jackpot is much more important. I think my max power chord is 4. That was pretty fun.

How do you get the 4 booster 2 balls multiballs you mentioned in 1.?

And locking according to 2. means the physical lock on the bass guitarre in the middle of the playfield via the upper playfield?

#3653 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No way LE all the way....why not get the whole experience .... go big or go home

Because 3k is a ton of extra money to dump on one game. I assume you’re in on a CE right? Gotta get that full experience.

#3654 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

How do you get the 4 booster 2 balls multiballs you mentioned in 1.?
And locking according to 2. means the physical lock on the bass guitarre in the middle of the playfield via the upper playfield?

Each booster MB has a shot on the playfield. Lights is on the upper playfield. Amp is the outer most left inlane, Pyro is behind the spinning record, and Noise is under the upper right flipper. See the chart:

Yes you lock balls in the physical lock on the guitar next on the upper playfield on the LE/CE. I believe you need two left ramp shots to lock a ball virtually on the SE.
Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 9.00.22 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-17 at 9.00.22 AM (resized).png

#3655 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ah thanks for this. I was working more toward album modes than anything. I’ll try and build up the song values next time. Did not know the stuff before the song was what increased the value so much.

#3656 3 years ago

The pyro MB is cool with the jackpot collect. I did not play the others enough to know what to do in them.

#3657 3 years ago

Are LE models sold out yet for immediately delivery ?

#3658 3 years ago

Got one encore last night too. That was fun. That’s when you play an entire song then collect the jackpot at the end. Flippers die, starts encore, then immediately starts the next song on that album I think.

Might not be the best route if you only get base value for the next song though. Would be cool if the premultiball boosts you did carried over to the encore song.

#3659 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Are LE models sold out yet for immediately delivery ?

I believe so. If you want one you’ll have to wait a while I’d guess hard to tell since the distributors don’t have any eta on anything it seems.

#3660 3 years ago

Def Micro - see the logo

5BCC2816-2667-4289-8639-77F30DF8B3FD (resized).jpeg5BCC2816-2667-4289-8639-77F30DF8B3FD (resized).jpeg
#3661 3 years ago

Gun’s and Roses on the line video. Interview with Eric Meneur on FoxBusiness talking about how much extra business they are getting due to COVID and how they can't keep up with demand. Interviewee even gets in an Axel Rose fat joke.

https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6200711970001/#sp=show-clips

#3662 3 years ago

I played a few games on location yesterday. It is an amazing looking and sounding game. There are several lengthy reviews here and I concur with their observations. Two things stick out that I didn't care for:

The plunge: it feels like a limp wristed plastic toy. The spring is so light, and the stroke is so short that I found it difficult to find any nuance to the skill shot plunge. I haven't played a lot of JJP, maybe that is more of their plunger style.

Start song: maybe it was how the pin was set up, but when the machine launched it out of here, it was like a pitching machine throwing heaters over the plate, and you've got a Billy club instead of a bat. But since you can't move your little bat closer to the plate, instant STDM almost every time. There was another guy there, rotating on the same machines (happened to be a pinsider) who said the same thing. It took more than a nudge: he got a tilt warning more than once trying to save it. I get the idea of "dangerous shots," but this seemed like an integral part of game flow, not a specific target to wait for just the right moment to hit.

#3663 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would be cool if the premultiball boosts you did carried over to the encore song.

I thought they did? Also, It is super important to collect the song jackpot (I believe it is called "Applause Jackpot") near the end of the song at the scoop. Because if you don't, you will still get encore, but lose your song jackpot.

#3664 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

The plunge: it feels like a limp wristed plastic toy. The spring is so light, and the stroke is so short that I found it difficult to find any nuance to the skill shot plunge. I haven't played a lot of JJP, maybe that is more of their plunger style.

Have you played TZ or Fire! Just like that. The insert lights are the switches. If you get close to the lot one it’s a skill shot get on the center of the light without going past it and it’s a super skill shot.

Scoop needs adjusted. The one I played was towards the end of the left flipper, but a safe dead bounce every time.

#3665 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I thought they did? Also, It is super important to collect the song jackpot (I believe it is called "Applause Jackpot") near the end of the song at the scoop. Because if you don't, you will still get encore, but lose your song jackpot.

Okay that is good news. I wasn’t sure if it carried over. Makes sense too or else no one would want to completely finish a song if going for score.

I guess I got lucky on my pre song mode stuff on my best game because I played a decently long paradise city and cashed in for a 7.5 million jackpot and got almost 9 million in the mode. And I don’t even think I completed the song.

#3666 3 years ago

If the game is not level, the scoop can feed SDTM. You can adjust scoop eject power to compensate.

#3667 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay that is good news. I wasn’t sure if it carried over. Makes sense too or else no one would want to completely finish a song if going for score.

Yeah they do, because I started my encore song yesterday at the (insane) level of 150.

#3668 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I guess I got lucky on my pre song mode stuff on my best game because I played a decently long paradise city and cashed in for a 7.5 million jackpot and got almost 9 million in the mode. And I don’t even think I completed the song.

Yeah sometimes those MB just happen. I think many folks will just shoot the scoop as soon as the song is available to start. You can see what boosters you have on the playfield and screen. The boost values can max out.

#3669 3 years ago

The behind the scenes video that was released last night during the virtual Pinball Expo on Twitch.

#3670 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yeah sometimes those MB just happen. I think many folks will just shoot the scoop as soon as the song is available to start. You can see what boosters you have on the playfield and screen. The boost values can max out.

JJP games really need you to play with friends. Impossible to keep track of all the statuses on your own.

#3671 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

JJP games really need you to play with friends. Impossible to keep track of all the statuses on your own.

It helps for sure, but I play solo mostly and take quick peeks at the mini LCD during songs. The key is to progress to the next stage of the song mode quickly, so you need to shoot the scoop when it is white/green.

#3672 3 years ago

Oh I had that down to a T. I’m more talking about the boosters and seeing if power chords are set up and other minor side quest status stuff. The game does do a great job calling out what they want you to shoot though.

#3673 3 years ago

It’s hard to get out of the mindset of playing on the fly when you’re not in a song. Found myself being scared to trap at any point. Haha

#3674 3 years ago

G n R fan here. Not that worried about the LEs selling out. I'll just wait for the next JJP G n R LE. How does a 35th AFD sound?

#3675 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay just played this bad boy for 5 straight hours pretty much.
Great game and lots of fun. I only cared about my score when it was about to explode from built up song jackpots. Until then I just concentrated on making shots. Pretty easy to follow once you’ve played for a while. Helps to have friends with you so you can all help read the screens and learn together.
Favorite song was live and let die. So so good.
Favorite shot is inner spinner that feeds the pops and also the side loop. Has a shadow loop feel when you nail it.
Upper playfield is just meh. Feels almost identical to Alice Cooper. A satisfying backhand and an okay forehand and a spot target between the two. It’s very important though with the locks and the base guitar shot.
If I get into the settings later I’m definitely upping the flipper strength 10-15% for sure. Flippers made all the shots, but would play way better with them stronger imo.
Can’t wait to get more time and it and see how the code develops. Stuff like one of the album modes (the desert monster one) seemed completely unfinished.
Definitely go check this out if you can!

Glad to see you had a good time Chuck, and presented a balanced review! I definitely wonder how the game will feel without the upper playfield. Looks radical, but doesn't feel smooth, and going from Pirates to this, makes me wish more bom was placed elsewhere.

5 hours is a shit ton! I'd be drained from all of that for sure!

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Only thing I didn’t care for is the initial plunge. Soft plunge all day long only to have it come out of the lane in a uncontrolled manner.

I still don't get this either. I really didn't like R&M's plunge and plop, hate starting a game with a fizzle. The incredibly short plunge necessitates that loose spring by design, but man it's feels limp, rather than hard rocking the ball out of the gates. The varied light skillshot is neat for sure, just neutered because of the drumsticks above it.

#3676 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’ve played quite a few games on the local LE. Best JJP outing for me based on theme and game play. The light show is frickin amazing when your in a song mode. When your in song mode yes it is multiball heavy but I like it because your trying to rock out as long as possible, get through the song and get more jackpots/points. The upper playfield guitar lock and left bass ramp are awesome shots and really need to nail opportunities there as it ties in to how many balls in song multiball you have. I think. Great song and live choreography in the lighting and animations. Top notch game play and don’t mind the heavy multiball because I like multiball. Only thing I didn’t care for is the initial plunge. Soft plunge all day long only to have it come out of the lane in a uncontrolled manner. Hits top of right sling and either goes right into the right lanes risking outlane drain or it bounced to the left, sometimes safe to the left flipper or on the machine I played SDTM or right on the tip of a flipper. Nudge and control are required right off the plunge. The SE IMO without the upper guitar lock and left bass ramp will suffer in satisfying that killer shot feeling and thus overall game play. Appreciate the “pro” effort but too much will be lost in terms of theme emersion. We shall see once SE’s are shipped. Great job JJP!

Hi Yuri, its Kim, the masked man with the shaved head that bought you a few GnR games yesterday. Nice meeting you and I agree.

Yuri is a skilled player and I enjoyed both of us playing the game. I have some decent capabilities but I'm more of a banger and there was plenty for both of us to enjoy. I will add that the flippers felt mushy but we both were still able to make all of the shots. Once I receive my game, increasing flipper strength will be a priority. Easy to do.

I'm pretty sure Yuri won our games but neither one of us looked at our scores or even cared.

There's a lot to love in this machine and plenty to explore. Playing this game, watching it be played and scrutinizing the entire presentation tells me this is a benchmark game in the industry.

#3677 3 years ago

Hello Kim, it was a pleasure and thank you for the couple of games. I’m sure you will enjoy your CE immensely! Hope we can play again sometime.

#3678 3 years ago

I don’t get the hate on the skill shot plunge...

It’s a tried and true concept on pins for the last 40 years.

I guess so many people never shoot for thing on TAF or don’t know about the skill plunge on TZ? Or fire... or Pinbot... etc etc etc

It’s interest because it looks like you are trying to collect all the plunge spots and you have the super skill one

#3679 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I just think folks are used to the tighter spring full plunge on most modern Sterns.
Very same-y skill shots until Elwin came along. EHOH back door is also a nice change.

GNR initially set me back a bit until I got it.

#3680 3 years ago

Not sure if I’ve missed this, but how do you collect a power chord jackpot?

#3681 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It’s a tried and true concept on pins for the last 40 years.
I guess so many people never shoot for thing on TAF or don’t know about the skill plunge on TZ? Or fire... or Pinbot... etc etc etc
It’s interest because it looks like you are trying to collect all the plunge spots and you have the super skill one

It's not as much the skill shot, it's the plunge, and wet fart of a beginning of a badass rock band.

The plunge is your very first physical impression of the game playing it, and it's a limp noodle of a thing. So much so that we all assumed the first night the spring was super weak. Then we realized it was designed this way, and oh...the shooter lane is cut short by the drumsticks.

Different design approaches are great, but for a rock pin, this is a weird way to start.

Conversely, I love the three very different approaches to Pirates skillshot.

And TAF at least, along with Wonka, allows you to shoot the ball fully into play if you wish.

#3682 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Good stream. Two things.
1) Seems like people were just ignoring the upper play field on purpose. True?
2) That "Keyboard Sound" needs to be stopped.

Watched the stream as well(Thanks!) and thought the same thing about the keyboard. Cant wait to play it!

#3683 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Not sure if I’ve missed this, but how do you collect a power chord jackpot?

During a song, you need to lock all balls in play in the guitar neck lock. If you do you get a Power Chord Jackpot - value depends on how many balls (2-6). You only have a certain amount of time to do it if you don’t the balls will release back into play.

#3684 3 years ago

I’ve found the keyboard jingle less annoying than Axls wailing vocal from Don’t Cry of “ieeeeeieee” over and over when he is qualified.
Nitpicking obviously, but this could be a bit more randomized in code.
“Microphone qualified” callout is MUCH better.

#3685 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

During a song, you need to lock all balls in play in the guitar neck lock. If you do you get a Power Chord Jackpot - value depends on how many balls (2-6). You only have a certain amount of time to do it if you don’t the balls will release back into play.

I saw the timer. Does the countdown start once all the balls in play are locked except 1. Does it matter how many balls you locked prior to the song?
Loving the streams and trying to learn the rules

#3686 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

I saw the timer. Does the countdown start once all the balls in play are locked except 1. Does it matter how many balls you locked prior to the song?
Loving the streams and trying to learn the rules

I believe the countdown starts when the first ball is locked. It’s just based on how many balls in play at the time. Not based on how many you locked before the song.

#3687 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

It's not as much the skill shot, it's the plunge, and wet fart of a beginning of a badass rock band.
The plunge is your very first physical impression of the game playing it, and it's a limp noodle of a thing. So much so that we all assumed the first night the spring was super weak. Then we realized it was designed this way, and oh...the shooter lane is cut short by the drumsticks.
Different design approaches are great, but for a rock pin, this is a weird way to start.
Conversely, I love the three very different approaches to Pirates skillshot.
And TAF at least, along with Wonka, allows you to shoot the ball fully into play if you wish.

I didn't like the plunge on TZ either until I accepted it was part of the nuance of the game, and after a while I grew to appreciate it....Its nice to have something a little different.

#3688 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If I get into the settings later I’m definitely upping the flipper strength 10-15% for sure. Flippers made all the shots, but would play way better with them stronger imo.

Did you manage to do this after the stream ended or are you doing this for the tourney? After playing again today, the flippers definitely needed some additional oomph it seemed, but I didn't really notice a difference between playing on the stream last night and today. Just curious.

#3689 3 years ago

I’ll do it Monday when I go back to get the games adjusted for the tournament.

#3690 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I didn't like the plunge on TZ either until I accepted it was part of the nuance of the game, and after a while I grew to appreciate it....Its nice to have something a little different.

I went back and watched some tutorials om TZ. My time with it over the decades has never been really consistent...or rewarding. It's a funkyass pin with so many interesting things about it.

That's the thing though, TZ is about...the Twilight Zone, which is all about peculiarity. And that game also gives you a straight shot to avoid the skillshot, and shoot out via the scoop.

I hope it grows on me, the game in general too, but that sproingy nature of it still just chafes me. Oh well.

Hey, and flynnibus , thanks for the downvote, but not bothering to express why you feel differently, when specifically stating you didn't understand why others felt the way they did, and then yanno, someone did. Good on ya for the....discussion.

#3691 3 years ago

I think they wanted to show off the new switches. It does a great job of doing that especially with how they coded the skill/super skill recognition. It’s a good plunge. I welcome it. Also hearing people cry about how hard it is to control the plunge is hilarious.

#3692 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think they wanted to show off the new switches. It does a great job of doing that especially with how they coded the skill/super skill recognition. It’s a good plunge. I welcome it. Also hearing people cry about how hard it is to control the plunge is hilarious.

Sounds like you need a GnR in the lineup.Once you go Jersey Jack you can’t go back!

#3693 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

And that game also gives you a straight shot to avoid the skillshot, and shoot out via the scoop.

Yeah and just feeds down to the flippers for doing so.. kinda like GNR

Quoted from wesman:

Hey, and flynnibus , thanks for the downvote, but not bothering to express why you feel differently, when specifically stating you didn't understand why others felt the way they did, and then yanno, someone did. Good on ya for the....discussion.

Hey wesman - that's exactly what the button is for.. expressing disgreement without having to make a post to do so.

But if you want a longer discussion of why I disagree with your justification... I think pointing to spring strengths as some tell or feel about the game (when the spring is a perfect fit for the application) is stupid. There you go...

#3694 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Hey wesman - that's exactly what the button is for.. expressing disgreement without having to make a post to do so.
But if you want a longer discussion of why I disagree with your justification... I think pointing to spring strengths as some tell or feel about the game (when the spring is a perfect fit for the application) is stupid. There you go...

Yes. The springs needs to be super soft to be able to hit all the different skill shots next to each other.

#3695 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Does this end Springate?

Pin looks amazing, cannot wait to play..

#3696 3 years ago

I need a plunger that goes to 11...

#3697 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I went back and watched some tutorials om TZ. My time with it over the decades has never been really consistent...or rewarding. It's a funkyass pin with so many interesting things about it.
That's the thing though, TZ is about...the Twilight Zone, which is all about peculiarity. And that game also gives you a straight shot to avoid the skillshot, and shoot out via the scoop.
I hope it grows on me, the game in general too, but that sproingy nature of it still just chafes me. Oh well.

TZ is a amazing game and it’s the only one I play consistently that never gets old. There is so much to do that even after owning it for years it is still fun

#3698 3 years ago

Here's my suggestion if you don't like the wimpy feel of the skillshot. Instead of plunging the ball, hit the shooter knob with the palm of your hand and develop that technique. Or use both methods and change it up on occasion.

Just for fun I'll name the options, Opioid Axl vs the Slash Bash.

#3699 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Here's my suggestion if you don't like the wimpy feel of the skillshot. Instead of plunging the ball, hit the shooter knob with the palm of your hand and develop that technique. Or use both methods and change it up on occasion.
Just for fun I'll name the options, Opioid Axl vs the Slash Bash.

Nice!

#3700 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Well, it kinda floats over the sling, and blimps over to the flippers.

Like I said, initially we thought it was the softness. With 6 or 7 hardcore pinnerds around, including myself, it's tough to take everything in.

Coincidentally I did need to up the spring strength for POTC, from standard to I think purple.

Quoted from Roostking:

Does this end Springate?
Pin looks amazing, cannot wait to play..

Yes!!!! Unless I find a loose spring in my mattresses tonight!

Quoted from zr11990:

TZ is a amazing game and it’s the only one I play consistently that never gets old. There is so much to do that even after owning it for years it is still fun

This guy said very much the same! Played it 20 times a day for six months, still astounded!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.