pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 111.
#3601 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks yet you downvoted his feedback.... lol my guess is a slip up.

Yes it was.

#3602 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It’s certainly in a league of its own. Hopefully you get to play it at a private place where you get to hear the game on its own.
The way the game changes after the first time you start a song... you won’t forget

Yes in a Home environment. She be rocking tonight.

#3603 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve talked to 6 different distros since yesterday. All claiming they have no idea but are more than willing to take our cash.

I heard the same thing! No one seems to know when things are shipping but I am in for an SE.

#3604 3 years ago

Something people don't seem to talk about this game is bystanders perspective. I think, this is the only game, where I can stand beside the person and enjoy watching them play, the screen, the videos, the cgi graphics, the lights. It's almost as fun watching your friends play than you playing. You get to see more of the game as a by stander. I don't usually enjoy watching others play, but this game makes you want to stick around and see whats next and you're just as excited as the player.

#3605 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Something people don't seem to talk about this game is bystanders perspective.

Yeah that because who gives a shit. If I'm watching someone play then I'm watching the gameplay.

Again lets just state the obvious and stop with the horseshit. If ur not a GnR fan then u won't be won over by the gameplay and if u love the band u will get past that pretty damn quick due to the lightshow and music.

#3606 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Something people don't seem to talk about this game is bystanders perspective. I think, this is the only game, where I can stand beside the person and enjoy watching them play, the screen, the videos, the cgi graphics, the lights. It's almost as fun watching your friends play than you playing. You get to see more of the game as a by stander. I don't usually enjoy watching others play, but this game makes you want to stick around and see whats next and you're just as excited as the player.

do you think the lighting effects are angle-dependent? What about those light bars (I forget now what JJP calls them) - are they more visible when you’re not right in front of the game?

#3607 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah that because who gives a shit. If I'm watching someone play then I watching the gameplay.
Again lets just state the obvious and stop with the horseshit. If ur not a GnR fan then u won't be won over by the gameplay and if u love the band u will get past that pretty damn quick due to the lightshow and music.

I'm not a GnR fan and I thought the game was fun. I guess I'm just special.

#3608 3 years ago

Some have suggested JJP production was steady making 50 games per day. Factory is bigger now and there may some changeover time required for models, but let’s assume JJP can produce 250 games per week. The 2500 LE’s sold would take ten weeks or 2.5 months to build. As JJP is awaiting playfields, know that once they show up it won’t take long to catchup with back orders.

JJP achieving this production rate has yet to be seen lately. Should they perform as advertised, they would be 25 times bigger than Spooky who averages 10+ games per week.

#3609 3 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I'm not a GnR fan and I thought the game was fun. I guess I'm just special.

So did I. Its not a bad game but if ur not a big GnR fan ur most likely not buying it based on the amazing gameplay. U know what I don't care anymore.

#3610 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Some have suggested JJP production was steady making 50 games per day. Factory is bigger now and there may some changeover time required for models, but let’s assume JJP can produce 250 games per week. The 2500 LE’s sold would take ten weeks or 2.5 months to build. As JJP is awaiting playfields, know that once they show up it won’t take long to catchup with back orders.
JJP achieving this production rate has yet to be seen lately. Should they perform as advertised, they would be 25 times bigger than Spooky who averages 10+ games per week.

Is this accurate, 2500 LEs sold?

#3611 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

So did I. Its not a bad game but if ur not a big GnR fan ur most likely not buying it based on the amazing gameplay. U know what I don't care anymore.

Your not a fan yet you have dedicated hundreds of posts to the subject lol. You Know you Love it, confess!

#3612 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Take a nap - you’ll feel better

#3613 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Nobody knows but that was the rumor I liked. It was chosen for illustrative purposes. Plug in the whole 5000 run number as being sold if you like and you’ll see that takes 20 weeks. The most variable and contentious component of my statement was JJP could build 250 games per week. What’s that like 20 freight trucks worth? We’d see evidence of that by watching the parking lot. Producing 50 games a day on a steady basis will take some time to ramp up to.

#3614 3 years ago

Nobody knows but that was the rumor I liked. It was chosen for illustrative purposes. Plug in the whole 5000 run number as being sold if you like and you’ll see that takes 20 weeks. The most variable and contentious component of my statement was JJP could build 250 games per week. What’s that like 20 freight trucks worth? We’d see evidence of that by watching the parking lot. Producing 50 games a day on a steady basis will take some time to ramp up to.

Lol.... regardless, when I started seeing similar type rumours, after missing out on the CE, I pulled the trigger on my LE earlier today.
Unlikely, I know......but just my luck the LEs all vanish

#3615 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

$25,000,000 to $30,000,000 average sales in 2 weeks..... sounds excellent JJP

#3616 3 years ago

There is no way the supposed "LEs" are sold. This game will be more available on the secondary market than DI is. Give it a year. I'd also recommend waiting for at least the second run of LEs if you must buy nib. There will be some issues to iron out. There always are.

#3617 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

There is no way the supposed "LEs" are sold. This game will be more available on the secondary market than DI is. Give it a year. I'd also recommend waiting for at least the second run of LEs if you must buy nib. There will be some issues to iron out. There always are.

I could be wrong but believe JJP team members have had an LE at home putting it through its paces for almost a year. Theres been time to tweak issues, amend code etc..... due to factory relocation and C19. I think I remember EM mentioned it..... I’m hoping they captured any issues during that timeframe.
Having said that, I don’t mind waiting if I have to.....

#3618 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Your not a fan yet you have dedicated hundreds of posts to the subject lol. You Know you Love it, confess!

Nope.

#3619 3 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Take a nap - you’ll feel better

I feel great. And much better now. Its gonna be a long night.

#3620 3 years ago

Come hang out!! We have a camera on the upper playfield for those that want to see it better.

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

#3621 3 years ago

The only number I heard was 60 per week....

#3622 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The reason that would be the case is because they sold way more units.

#3623 3 years ago

If I was a future JJP owner, and I might be, I hope they ARENT pumping them out that quick. Quality over quantity.

#3624 3 years ago

What GnR song is the guitar snippet from that plays while the revolver mystery is being loaded? Thanks for the assist!

#3625 3 years ago

50% sold! Panic buy!

#3626 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Come hang out!! We have a camera on the upper playfield for those that want to see it better.

Damn the flow looks amazing! Have to play myself, however there looks to be so many different cool shots in this game! Still watching to figure out how to load the guitar neck with 6 balls! This is gonna be a huge success for JJP and damn who in this industry can even sniff the talent of Jean-Paul de Win!

#3627 3 years ago

nice to see the upper PF close up!

I prefer the main PF camera to be on the right side of the screen, like most others just used to looking at the games played with main screen on the right.

#3628 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Damn the flow looks amazing! Have to play myself, however there looks to be so many different cool shots in this game! Still watching to figure out how to load the guitar neck with 6 balls! This is gonna be a huge success for JJP and damn who in this industry can even sniff the talent of Jean-Paul de Win!

JP is an amazing talent!

#3629 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks for posting this!

#3630 3 years ago

Nice GNR presentation at Expo 2020 today. Good job team JJP!

#3631 3 years ago

Is this online somewhere? I can’t find it and I’d like to watch it. Thanks.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Nice GNR presentation at Expo 2020 today. Good job team JJP!

#3632 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Is this online somewhere? I can’t find it and I’d like to watch it. Thanks.

I watched it here, at the expo site.

https://www.twitch.tv/pinballexpo

Fun to see Slash at the factory too!

#3633 3 years ago

yea there is no way they are building 250 games per week right now. I heard more like 60/week as well. Maybe its even a 100, but it aint 250!

#3634 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Still watching to figure out how to load the guitar neck with 6 balls!

You can load them up before starting a song, but I never bothered. Mystery spots you locks a decent amount too. During the song if you lock more balls that’s how you setup a power cord. Not sure how to collect that though.

#3635 3 years ago

Okay just played this bad boy for 5 straight hours pretty much.

Great game and lots of fun. I only cared about my score when it was about to explode from built up song jackpots. Until then I just concentrated on making shots. Pretty easy to follow once you’ve played for a while. Helps to have friends with you so you can all help read the screens and learn together.

Favorite song was live and let die. So so good.

Favorite shot is inner spinner that feeds the pops and also the side loop. Has a shadow loop feel when you nail it.

Upper playfield is just meh. Feels almost identical to Alice Cooper. A satisfying backhand and an okay forehand and a spot target between the two. It’s very important though with the locks and the base guitar shot.

If I get into the settings later I’m definitely upping the flipper strength 10-15% for sure. Flippers made all the shots, but would play way better with them stronger imo.

Can’t wait to get more time and it and see how the code develops. Stuff like one of the album modes (the desert monster one) seemed completely unfinished.

Definitely go check this out if you can!

#3636 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Great game and lots of fun. I only cared about my score when it was about to explode from built up song jackpots. Until then I just concentrated on making shots. Pretty easy to follow once you’ve played for a while. Helps to have friends with you so you can all help read the screens and learn together.
Favorite shot is inner spinner that feeds the pops and also the side loop. Has a shadow loop feel when you nail it.
Upper playfield is just meh. Feels almost identical to Alice Cooper. A satisfying backhand and an okay forehand and a spot target between the two. It’s very important though with the locks and the base guitar shot.
If I get into the settings later I’m definitely upping the flipper strength 10-15% for sure. Flippers made all the shots, but would play way better with them stronger imo.
Can’t wait to get more time and it and see how the code develops. Stuff like one of the album modes (the desert monster one) seemed completely unfinished.

So SE is the way to go?

#3637 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:So SE is the way to go?

No way LE all the way....why not get the whole experience .... go big or go home

#3638 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah, I really wasn’t sure what the upper playfield added, but I also don’t know the rules up there. I was looking for a list of the song/album modes, but couldn’t find any. Wondering if they are interesting and varied. My favorite shot was a right loop to the upper flipper inner loop. The center spinner shot is cool as well. The light shows were amazing. I played Out ta Get Me, and have never seen lights like that.

#3639 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

No way LE all the way....why not get the whole experience .... go big or go home

Not if the upper doesn't add much, or worse, detracts... Losing the lock would suck though

#3640 3 years ago

I’ve played quite a few games on the local LE. Best JJP outing for me based on theme and game play. The light show is frickin amazing when your in a song mode. When your in song mode yes it is multiball heavy but I like it because your trying to rock out as long as possible, get through the song and get more jackpots/points. The upper playfield guitar lock and left bass ramp are awesome shots and really need to nail opportunities there as it ties in to how many balls in song multiball you have. I think. Great song and live choreography in the lighting and animations. Top notch game play and don’t mind the heavy multiball because I like multiball. Only thing I didn’t care for is the initial plunge. Soft plunge all day long only to have it come out of the lane in a uncontrolled manner. Hits top of right sling and either goes right into the right lanes risking outlane drain or it bounced to the left, sometimes safe to the left flipper or on the machine I played SDTM or right on the tip of a flipper. Nudge and control are required right off the plunge. The SE IMO without the upper guitar lock and left bass ramp will suffer in satisfying that killer shot feeling and thus overall game play. Appreciate the “pro” effort but too much will be lost in terms of theme emersion. We shall see once SE’s are shipped. Great job JJP!

#3641 3 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

What GnR song is the guitar snippet from that plays while the revolver mystery is being loaded? Thanks for the assist!

I think that Slash made some new music for this game.

#3642 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good stream. Two things.

1) Seems like people were just ignoring the upper play field on purpose. True?
2) That "Keyboard Sound" needs to be stopped.

#3643 3 years ago

I had a thought, if they haven’t solved the problem with the play fields coming apart all those Multiballs are going to destroy them quickly.

#3644 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its ok, let go of your JJP hate and give into the toys, features, and deep code that JJP consistently offers

#3645 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

1) Seems like people were just ignoring the upper play field on purpose. True?

Some may have been, but I wasn’t. Especially in single ball play I was trying to be up there the whole time. But as a group we were trying to get through the songs as best we could. It seems the upper playfield only was used for power chords which are not required to complete a song. Thing song jackpots on AC/DC. You can complete a song on that without the song jackpot, but getting the song jackpot is awesome. I know power chords can be worth a ton, I just wasn’t sure how to collect them.

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

2) That "Keyboard Sound" needs to be stopped.

Agree 100%. Even in a loud arcade it was easily heard and out of place. Very small gripe though. No biggie.

This game isn’t perfect by any means, but it’s also very very fun.

Also thanks to lodgingdolphin and Keith Johnson for stopping by to help us as we learned the game. Very helpful.

#3646 3 years ago

I think everything looks and sounds fantastic.
Only thing to me that’s a bit out of character is the Wonka plunge type noise but I guess that’s easily sorted. Think someone already mentioned it on the stream above ^^^^

#3647 3 years ago

Yep. Not a big deal but definitely out of place.

#3648 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I watched it here, at the expo site.
https://www.twitch.tv/pinballexpo
Fun to see Slash at the factory too!

Starting watching Expo today. Mr Mirco(?) discussed their playfields being made with a new manufacturing process. He demonstrated an over-torqued star post to show the Spectrum playfield was undamaged. Then he did a hammer test to show artwork and clearcoat would not pool or chip off. I won’t give you the whole company line but they’ve increased capacity and use 4 printing machines now.

Who manufactures JJP’s playfields now?

#3649 3 years ago

I think they still use Mirco.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/73?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.