pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 111.
#3501 3 years ago

+10 for this. Instant buy for me!

#3503 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Cracked me up. Something surreal about watching french guys screaming and rocking out to a GNR pin over the internet.

No shit that was a blast even to watch!

#3504 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

watching from 35:45. That really encapsulates why this game has excited sooo many people. It's pure pinball awesomeness,

see, for some, scoring doesnt matter. just getting to that encore by finishing a song can prove to be quite a thrill. keep those disco lights flashing and that song multiball going as long as possible by 'stayin alive'.

salesmanslash03 (resized).jpgsalesmanslash03 (resized).jpg

#3505 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

see, for some, scoring doesnt matter. just getting to that encore by finishing a song can prove to be quite a thrill. keep those disco lights flashing and that song multiball going as long as possible by 'stayin alive'.
[quoted image]

So the big appeal of this game is to keep chimp flipping your way through multiballs while your eyes are being blinded? Hey maybe its me but i just don't get how that is fun. Kudos to JJP on the success of the game but I will stick with Elwin and Avengers.

#3506 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

So the big appeal of this game is to keep chimp flipping your way through multiballs while your eyes are being blinded? Hey maybe its me but i just don't get how that is fun. Kudos to JJP on the success of the game but I will stick with Elwin and Avengers.

Obviously you haven’t played the game.

#3507 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

[quoted image]

I'm going to try renting the experience a dollar at a time for awhile.

Looks a bit more like the text bubble is coming from the CE version. Maybe it's whispering that to Slash! Though, I hope they gifted him one!

#3508 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I had a somewhat similar opinion after watching initial videos but if you watch more of them, you’ll see it’s not really the case unless you make effort to stack max multiballs and then build your ballsave as high as possible.
You can also reduce ballsave and add a balls to personal preference.

That said (and this is just my opinion), this game seems better suited to average players and not serious competitors?
Seems to be geared more towards people like myself, who can enjoy playing poorly while having a few beers and listening to music.
Still haven’t played the game though. Looks like it may be awhile before I get my hands on one.

#3509 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I had a somewhat similar opinion after watching initial videos but if you watch more of them, you’ll see it’s not really the case unless you make effort to stack max multiballs and then build your ballsave as high as possible.
You can also reduce ballsave and add a balls to personal preference.
That said (and this is just my opinion), this game seems better suited to average players and not serious competitors?
Seems to be geared more towards people like myself, who can enjoy playing poorly while having a few beers and listening to music.
Still haven’t played the game though. Looks like it may be awhile before I get my hands on one.

I’d say it’s a good balance of both. Yeah average players can start a song and do a few things and feel satisfied. But you are not going to get huge scores without skill and strategy.

#3510 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not so fast there. Say what you want but it's at #2 regardless, amongst every other game out there. And it's NOT a "better measure", sales and voting turnout.

Anyone want to bet Mr. Iceman here bought a JP?

dkxoo5xcjxi21 (resized).jpgdkxoo5xcjxi21 (resized).jpg
#3511 3 years ago

It’s becoming clear Pinside cannot handle all this pinball goodness at once. Elwin/GNR etc.
It may finally self destruct.

#3512 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

It’s becoming clear Pinside cannot handle all this pinball goodness at once. Elwin/GNR etc.
It may just self destruct.

Two great games. Two great designers. Pinside demands only one can exist. Welcome to the thunderdome.

#3513 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Anyone want to bet Mr. Iceman here bought a JP?[quoted image]

JP is over rated as hell. And dont get me started on the artwork. How in the hell is a number two pin of all time this stinking ugly?

The top 100 rankings are bologna. Pure and simple. It's a high school popularity contest at this point.

#3514 3 years ago

Down in Key West and look what I found!!

C8E71467-DFC6-4C9F-9870-25F4FEF69FB2 (resized).jpegC8E71467-DFC6-4C9F-9870-25F4FEF69FB2 (resized).jpeg
#3515 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The top 100 rankings are bologna. Pure and simple. It's a high school popularity contest at this point.

None of these new games should be top 100 eligible for at least one year after release..

#3516 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not so fast there. Say what you want but it's at #2 regardless, amongst every other game out there.

Furthermore, HUGE sales of JP are therefore a pretty damn good indicator of how great the game is as well. Lol.

Which is also why the ratings are so high. Tons of people bought it and then go flock to justify their purchase by praising the shit out of it.

#3517 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

JP is over rated as hell. And dont get me started on the artwork. How in the hell is a number two pin of all time this stinking ugly?

JP is a very good game. Is it one of the greatest? Sure.. quite possibly top 50. Top 5? Pffffbbbbbttt!!!

#3518 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

JP is a very good game. Is it one of the greatest? Sure.. quite possibly top 50. Top 5? Pffffbbbbbttt!!!

It's obviously very good. I'm just surprised it is rated THIS high.

#3519 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Which is also why the ratings are so high. Tons of people bought it and then go flock to justify their purchase by praising the shit out of it.

Genius thinking! Wow, i wish i would have thought of that.

Clueless.

Yet i await the "experience" of GNR CE coming home. Hopefully soon. But i'm not holding my breath.

Flock away and praise the shit out of it! I'm in.

#3520 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Genius thinking! Wow, i wish i would have thought of that.

Lol and now you downvote everything I say. That will teach me for disagreeing with you!!

#3521 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Are you afraid to show your collection? LOL

#3522 3 years ago

I love most new Stern AND JJP releases. There, I said it. Fight me

#3523 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Lol and now you downvote everything I say. That will teach me for disagreeing with you!!

You can't make ignorant statements and not get downvoted, sorry. LOL

I have no bias like you do.

You see, the overwhelming number of people disagree with you on JP. Just the way it is, sorry.

#3524 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You can't make ignorant statements and not get downvoted, sorry. LOL

Why? You do it all the fucking time.

#3525 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Why? You do it all the fucking time.

Then f ing downvote me baggie if you don't agree. LOL

I really don't care because i'm an equal opportunity pinball lover.

Based on your collection however, I get it.

Since it hurts your feelings i just removed my downvotes for you!

I get it, so does everybody else

I'm as excited about GNRCE as any pin eva......

#3526 3 years ago

Please do not tell me this game is not the shit. i dumped a beautiful FH to buy this.

#3527 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Jp2, with someone's modified code that injects the movie assets (wink) is not only Stern's best game but one of the best ever. Could be argued as GOAT considering layout, sick toy, theme and rules.

#3528 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Jp2, with someone's modified code that injects the movie assets (wink) is not only Stern's best game but one of the best ever. Could be argued as GOAT considering layout, sick toy, theme and rules.

Bingo Delt. Spot on.

GOAT possible. TRex toy? GOAT? Layout? GOAT? Rules? GOAT? Theme, everything else overcomes it for me.

#2 Ranked for a reason? Yep

#3529 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Please do not tell me this game is not the shit. i dumped a beautiful FH to buy this.

Well you unloaded old Rudy for the "new shit" Wes. Congrats brother!!!

#3530 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So true. It has:
- innovative layout
- expansive mode-based code with depth and breadth.
- top 3 interactive mechs in pinball with the chomping trex
- best use of captive ball in pinball (for my money)
- great theme integration when updated with lovingly made fan code

#3531 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well you unloaded old Rudy for the "new shit" Wes. Congrats brother!!!

I was tired of Rudy. I wanted something that took longer than 10 minutes to see the whole game.

#3532 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I was tired of Rudy. I wanted something that took longer than 10 minutes to see the whole game.

Great move player. Rudy is a fun game too but you made the right move x 100.

#3533 3 years ago

Im looking forward to it. The wife told me to just buy it but I was to cheap to let go of the cash.

#3534 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Two great games. Two great designers. Pinside demands only one can exist. Welcome to the thunderdome.

celebrity deathmatch 2020 : Keith Elwin vs Eric Meunier

CDM (resized).jpgCDM (resized).jpg
#3535 3 years ago

I've looked until my eyes got tired - but has anyone seen some well done SE game play posted? I'm interested.

#3536 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

#2 Ranked for a reason? Yep

Elvira2 is also ranked #5 FWIW.

#3537 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

With the real assets I can see this game being one of the best....with the cartoon dinosaur assets I don't think its in the top 5...I don't care what u guys say theme and assets matter.

#3538 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Always amazes me why some people feel the need to pay out on one game in order to build up another. Dude, if you want a world where all games play the same then I'm guessing you're a bit on the boring side. Nobody disputes avengers as being a good player.

#3539 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Elvira2 is also ranked #5 FWIW.

And another GREAT pin and worthy of it's ranking. Possibly the most FUN GOAT.

Of course i'm assuming GNR will get the GOAT title soon enough but I'm purty happy with JP, EHOH, AIQ and GNR.

Great Pin times!

#3540 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

With the real assets I can see this game being one of the best....with the cartoon dinosaur assets I don't think its in the top 5...I don't care what u guys say theme and assets matter.

GNR because of the assets with Slash might be the best overall ever Ptown. Now i'm talking about my preference and i'm loving what i see.

It's ok that you are just wrong on JP. I thought the exact same thing when it first came out. Theme and assets are a negative. BUT...it's so good that it just doesn't matter.

I'm about to say the same thing for Avengers. Another theme i wasn't excited about but the game is awesome.

Putting all of those games together is pin nirvana right now!!

#3541 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And another GREAT pin and worthy of it's ranking. Possibly the most FUN GOAT.
Of course i'm assuming GNR will get the GOAT title soon enough but I'm purty happy with JP, EHOH and GNR.
Great Pin times!

I’m not saying this is what should happen, but given how high the hype was on GNR I think it’s going to more divisive in its ratings than usual and there will be enough people that rate it at 3s to drop it down further than it should. Yes this happens with every great game, but I think on this one it will happen in particular.

#3542 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

So true. It has:
- innovative layout
- expansive mode-based code with depth and breadth.
- top 3 interactive mechs in pinball with the chomping trex
- best use of captive ball in pinball (for my money)
- great theme integration when updated with lovingly made fan code

Avengers would be my pick

#3543 3 years ago

If i could only own ONE pin right now it would have to be GNR because of Slash involvement and "experience".

Glad i don't have to choose.

#3544 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

It's obviously very good. I'm just surprised it is rated THIS high.

I'm not. Jesus MM and MB and AFM are still in the top ten. That alone makes the ratings ridiculous. Great games but they have surpassed many times over.

#3545 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

GNR because of the assets with Slash might be the best overall ever Ptown. Now i'm talking about my preference and i'm loving what i see.
It's ok that you are just wrong on JP. I thought the exact same thing when it first came out. Theme and assets are a negative. BUT...it's so good that it just doesn't matter.
I'm about to say the same thing for Avengers. Another theme i wasn't excited about but the game is awesome.
Putting all of those games together is pin nirvana right now!!

I almost bought the LE, but played my buddies, and no doubt its a really fun game...I guess I was disappointed and just maybe stubborn that Stern didn't secure any assets. Happy u love it...loved the AIQ layout as well, but couldn't stand the cartoon theme....I guess its my issue Now that being said the revised code with the real assets might really change my mind?

#3546 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm not. Jesus MM and MB and AFM are still in the top ten. That alone makes the ratings ridiculous. Great games but they have surpassed many times over.

Agree on MB, but AFM and MM are masterpieces .... top 5 ? who the hell knows.... their all fun ... I had IMDN LE and fucking hated the music, but the pin was fun....

#3547 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I almost bought the LE, but played my buddies, and no doubt its a really fun game...I guess I was disappointed and just maybe stubborn that Stern didn't secure any assets. Happy u love it...loved the AIQ layout as well, but couldn't stand the cartoon theme....I guess its my issue Now that being said the revised code with the real assets might really change my mind?

I get it. I almost didn't clear those hurdles either. Especially on "theme" and that is usually my #1 priority. But Elwin and Neagle just crushed it on both.

I sold my IMDN LE too. Doesn't compare to Elwin's other two games. And i felt like it was the low point of Stern quality. Shitty flaky mechs with Sarco and the captive balls. Spent more time under the hood on that game.

With GNR, it has what looks like everything. And most importantly, the best integration and "assets" ever assembled in a pinball machine.

Exciting times!

#3548 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I had IMDN LE and fucking hated the music, but the pin was fun....

I'm not sure how u did that. If I hate the music I wouldn't buy it no matter how good the gameplay is. I was interested in GnR but the gameplay was just ok for me, the music no longer clicks with my taste and that's what really sealed the deal in terms of passing. If u love or just like GnR still then its gonna be good. Its gonna better than it actually is, I would have bought it if it was Sabbath with the same gameplay just for the sheer enjoyment of the music. I wish some people could admit that with this pin. It looks great but it plays just OK. Look AIQ plays amazing, the theme? not into it and thus not buying 1. Good day sirs.

#3549 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Down in Key West and look what I found!!
[quoted image]

You found a pizza place! Could have driven one hour north of Indiana to Chicago if you wanted good pizza.

#3550 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm not sure how u did that. If I hate the music I wouldn't buy it no matter how good the gameplay is. I was interested in GnR but the gameplay was just ok for me, the music no longer clicks with my taste and that's what really sealed the deal in terms of passing. If u love or just like GnR still then its gonna be good. Its gonna better than it actually is, I would have bought it if it was Sabbath with the same gameplay just for the sheer enjoyment of the music. I wish some people could admit that with this pin. It looks great but it plays just OK. Look AIQ plays amazing, the theme? not into it and thus not buying 1. Good day sirs.

I get it....Figured I'd see if the game play could overcome the shitty music...lessoned learned Hard to admit anything until u actually spend time on the machine. I'll hold back full judgement until that occurs, but the theme integration is off the charts, and I like their music....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,500 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.