pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 111.
#3451 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Actually that's my problem, i need to be treated for pinball addiction. They keep pumping out what i think are great games, and i keep buying them, and none have left in a long time because i'm loving em too much.
Looking forward to the "GNR experience" too!!!

You can store some of them at my house

#3452 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

And how do you feel about that?

Well... now that you asked.... :deep sigh: lol

#3453 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Considering JP is now ranked #2 overall in the rankings

Pinside rankings are ridiculous nowadays. JP ranking is a better measure of JP sales and owner voting turnout.

#3454 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Pinside rankings are ridiculous

This!

#3455 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

No down votes here. Prices are already starting to come down and all the assets in the world cannot make it a great shooter. R&M looks like a homebrew machine next to GnR and basically costs the same as the LE. Just be ready for Delt to tell you why you are wrong since he has taken over for Hilton being the R&M cheerleader.

Hype dies on every game for sure.

But wasn't R&M under $7000?

Only those paying the 'must have it now' price are anywhere near GnR LE price?

Back to GnR, think the SE is going to be like AC/DC on steroids

#3456 3 years ago

JP 2 with the actual movie quotes and all the movie scenes / animations is just amazing. It’s so fun. When you start a game and Have the original Richard Attenborough movie and scene do “Welcome to Jurassic Park!” Then your TRex roars...It’s just so iconic. Non pinball players just really gravitate to it.

#3457 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

If JJP did the same for a Rush pin, with all of their assets, the Rush CE would sell out as fast if not faster than the GnR. There are a lot of diehard Rush fans that would buy it to keep. Not flip it for a profit. I have always been amazed at how many diehard Rush fans there is out there.

Music taste is always subjective but in my mind GnR is more mainstream than Rush. I am not at all saying Rush is not good, probably the best 3 piece band their ever was but I feel like GnR is more fitting for a pin. Don't think rush would sell out as fast, but who knows. The game preview was kind of groundbreaking with all the concert footage, assets and light show so if Rush was the theme, maybe it would have done just as well. I just think if it was more of a normal pin release, a GnR pin would be more popular than a Rush pin. Not saying one GnR is a better band, just seem more mainstream and fitting for an adrenaline fueled pin.

#3458 3 years ago

After playing it toda

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

After playing the game today, I think the SE will fucking rock. It may lose a bit of the light show compared to the LE, but it will still be better than every other pin out there.

#3459 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I also have a career as a psychologist so I help people on a daily basis that are struggling with their mental health.

Yeesh. If this is genuinely the case, why be so brash, arrogant, condescending, a braggart, the list goes on and on?

Those are not exactly traits behooving the status of a psychologist.

Though, gotta say, psychologists and therapists I've known over the years, often seem to have blinders on regarding their own personas, ironically so. Self awareness was never a trait I witnessed in these people, sadly.

They said it, I didn’t. Point being, you can’t really comment on the flow of a game if you struggle to hit a ramp....

Who did I beat? Well in regards to GnR specifically? I beat every person who showed up to cointaker and played on 2 different GnR machines for over 8 hours as I had the GC for the event.

First impressions of shots are definitely as valid as one playing for hours and hours on end. Initial impressions can definitely sway a player.

And man, I played the game for maybe 15 minutes max, I'm sure just about most of us could muster that 6.5 million GC score you did in 8 hours of, I hope on and off playing.

Thing is, you're invested in a CE, and an LE until you get a CE just months down the road. Your viewpoint can definitely be skewed as an investment, versus others simply considering a purchase. That is why I framed my own perspective by stating my hope was one not drawn from finance, but more so an emotional investment of hope after waiting 18 long months.

Quoted from dts:

You lost me at JP is easily Elwin’s worst game.

What I like most about JP2 is it feels designed to BE...JP2. Avengers and Maiden aren't designed in such a deliberate fashion as JP2 seems to be. Obviously one was a reskin, and I do like many elements of Avengers for sure!

That's what I appreciate about Eric's design approach, whether bom might have created some emptiness for sake of style or not. Both of his games could not be reskinned so easily, except for other music pins and well...maybe a disaster game for Pirates? But both of his games seemed designed from the ground up with them very much integrated in every element.

That's where Elwin is at a disadvantage with Stern, but their production frequency/volume is craaaazy compared to any other company. So they even out a bit.

#3460 3 years ago

I've been toying with the idea of selling my Luci to fund an SE, but I'm still waiting to see some game play to ensure it is like AC/DC on roids.

I'm a bit concerned with losing all the things that Luci/Prem/LE has (swinging bell, 2nd PF, cannon, drops, diverters...etc.) just to get video assets and a better soundtrack on a large screen. Remove the Axl and hat sculpts and screens, and this is really just a 3 flipper, 2 ramp game with a non-motorized spinning disc. My TMNT Pro has a 3rd ramp and motorized disc w/ magnet. I know it's not apples to apples, but I look at what I spent on TMNT, what ACDC has and am wondering if I'm removing all that ACDC has for something with arguably less than TMNT Pro (again, I know the extras that JJP games have that TMNT don't). I'm just comparing at a very high level.

#3461 3 years ago

I wasn't commenting on how creative pinsiders modify their games...clearly the direction u went far eclipses the direction Stern went....job well done

#3462 3 years ago

Saw Rush for the Fly by Night and 2112 era’s and only paid attention to stuff on college radio.If someone was to do a Rush pinball maybe the could focus on the 2112 artwork and story from album.With all assets of course I bet Slash could call Geddy and advise him on property uses

#3463 3 years ago

GnR - always thought / hoped this would translate into a good pin.
RHCP - I think this would be same, good theme to translate.
Led Zeppelin- I’m not convinced. The art off the Albums isn't even that great to be honest. So wonder how this will be implemented.

I grew up being into rock / metal since early 70s and like Mr Plants music

I see a lot of kids now walking around with GnR T-shirt’s on

Can’t say the same for Led Zeppelin so is this a pin only a certain demographic will feed quarters within USA - Canada ?
LZ for collectors but for location?

#3464 3 years ago
Quoted from Maiden:

I am not at all saying Rush is not good, probably the best 3 piece band their ever was but I feel like GnR is more fitting for a pin.

As much as I like Rush I agree, I don't think GnR is a good band for pinball either. The music needs to be intense in my opinion. Motorhead, Slayer, Sabbath, Priest and the like. For me Maiden is the best band pin for not only gameplay but music.

#3465 3 years ago

I would never sell AC/DC unless I was done with AC/DC or you prefer GnR music to AC/DC?

Quoted from Yoko2una:

I've been toying with the idea of selling my Luci to fund an SE, but I'm still waiting to see some game play to ensure it is like AC/DC on roids.
I'm a bit concerned with losing all the things that Luci/Prem/LE has (swinging bell, 2nd PF, cannon, drops, diverters...etc.) just to get video assets and a better soundtrack on a large screen. Remove the Axl and hat sculpts and screens, and this is really just a 3 flipper, 2 ramp game with a non-motorized spinning disc. My TMNT Pro has a 3rd ramp and motorized disc w/ magnet. I know it's not apples to apples, but I look at what I spent on TMNT, what ACDC has and am wondering if I'm removing all that ACDC has for something with arguably less than TMNT Pro (again, I know the extras that JJP games have that TMNT don't). I'm just comparing at a very high level.

#3466 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Pinside rankings are ridiculous nowadays. JP ranking is a better measure of JP sales and owner voting turnout.

Not so fast there. Say what you want but it's at #2 regardless, amongst every other game out there. And it's NOT a "better measure", sales and voting turnout.

Furthermore, HUGE sales of JP are therefore a pretty damn good indicator of how great the game is as well. Lol.

No doubt in my mind that GNR will hit that same territory when enough ratings hit.

#3467 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

As much as I like Rush I agree, I don't think GnR is a good band for pinball either. The music needs to be intense in my opinion. Motorhead, Slayer, Sabbath, Priest and the like. For me Maiden is the best band pin for not only gameplay but music.

I sold my IMDN LE because the music was so painful ! Great game...shitty music...we all have different tastes....although I do agree Sabbath would be a good license for a pin.

#3468 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I sold my IMDN LE because the music was so painful ! Great game...shitty music...we all have different tastes....although I do agree Sabbath would be a good license for a pin.

yup ... I love the music

#3469 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think Guns & Roses would make an epic pin!!!!

#3470 3 years ago

I'd like a Rock of Ages pin/mixture!

#3471 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I would never sell AC/DC unless I was done with AC/DC or you prefer GnR music to AC/DC?

It's a combination of me highly preferring GnR's music more, and the fact that you walk into ACDC knowing you're not getting to Encore and there's really nothing else to strive for.

What I do appreciate about ACDC is that I thought it had the best theme integration prior to GnR's release. At least half the shots are tied to something ACDC related (Hell's bell, TNT, Black in Black, R&R Train, Highway). I think they did a great job taking ACDC's assets and putting them on the PF. It's just that all you have to do is play songs, all of which have the same common goal, and then play the 3 MB's along the way. Because there's no mini-wizard or real side objectives, and because Encore is a pipe dream in a 3-ball game, it's just a game of how much you can load up and cash in Song Jackpot.

I know GnR SE has a lot more going on in the rules department compared to ACDC Prem, but certainly not the PF department.

#3472 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I've seen my share of stupid comments on this site and u sir have managed to make the top ten with that one. I'm not talking GnR outselling them maybe and who cares but Rush sucking as a band? I don't give 2 flying fucks about them being Canadian either, its about the band. Probably the best 3 piece rock group in history, and just about every musician and band in the world would agree. GnR

I agree. I love GNR. One of my favorite bands. With that being said, Rush was fantastic as well. Just great music.

#3473 3 years ago

I believe 7K was for the non-bloodsucker. 7.5K for bloodsucker. Then there are add-ons, tax, delivery. That can raise the price from 500-2k depending if you wanted things like butter cabinet and power coated door. So quite possibly close to 10K for everything.

#3474 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I believe 7K was for the non-bloodsucker. 7.5K for bloodsucker. Then there are add-ons, tax, delivery. That can raise the price from 500-2k depending if you wanted things like butter cabinet and power coated door. So quite possibly close to 10K for everything.

Can confirm. Mine was ~$9500 maxed out with butter.

#3475 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd like a Rock of Ages pin/mixture!

Tenacious D could be a great pin.

#3476 3 years ago

Or spinal tap

#3477 3 years ago

I currently own one. It has great audio and video and the light show is pretty good. But geometry and general gameplay in my opinion is a B-
If GnR is a A+, Rick and Morty is a B. The most important thing is actual gameplay and geometry. For me, it’s not that great. I’ll take my turtles, avengers and certainly GnR over it. It’s spookiest best game though without a doubt. I enjoyed it more than TNA because of the theme but I feel TNA shoots better.

It's funny when people talk about geometry and flow. When someone says a game has great flow, it really just means there are a lot of shots that are easy. But no one wants to say easy shots because everyone wants to think of themselves as good players. WTF is weird geometry? Geometry is math...nothing weird about it. What you mean is the point at which you need to shoot on the flipper is different than 90% of most games. The shots are different on Rick and Morty. The game is brutal. You absolutely need to control the ball and you are punished for not hitting your shots. It is a shallow game code wise when you compare it to the likes of JJP. But I keep hitting the start button over and over. It feels like a modern day Flash Gordon. Brutal game that keeps me coming back. Sometimes I would play my JJP games and after a half hour I would just get tired. I am not a great player. JJP games tend to be long. I definitely want one back in my line up but two was too many. Now I don't have any. Maybe GnR will be the one.

#3478 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I hear what you are saying. That is where it becomes subjective. I love my Maiden pin, so can't argue with you there. But i do think GnR music is rocking enough for a pin. I actually think it fits a pin very well, but that is where opinion comes in and certainly others can disagree.

#3479 3 years ago

Is Iron Maiden a movie? No. JP is a movie, and personally I prefer that route. Movie assets and actor voices ftw.
Iron Maiden is better because the modes are more varying and unique than the same padocks/rescue over and over.

Maiden doesn't have band callouts or anything like that either. They have drawn Eddie things all over just like JP has drawn dinosaurs. Paddock modes are not all the same and there is more to the game than just that but whatever. Point is it's rare to have a game like GnR with full integration - pf design, music, callouts, art, etc. That doesn't mean GnR is best game ever and doesn't mean all the other games terrible.

#3480 3 years ago

Didn’t JJP show a pic of a bunch of games in stock? Now I’m hearing LEs are 6+ months out?

That isn’t right, is it?

#3481 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Didn’t JJP show a pic of a bunch of games in stock? Now I’m hearing LEs are 6+ months out?
That isn’t right, is it?

I sure hope not! I was hoping within the next month.

#3482 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

That isn’t right, is it?

Distributors should be receiving updated delivery information tomorrow from JJP. At least, that is what I was told by my distributor. YMMV

#3483 3 years ago

shit, I had to check what thread I was in, this one has obviously been taken over by the Stern army!

#3484 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Distributors should be receiving updated delivery information tomorrow from JJP. At least, that is what I was told by my distributor. YMMV

same news for me. hopefully, its good news

#3486 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

That isn’t right, is it?

Well we know that they need to make 500 CE's + LE sales + SE sales.....if u assume they build at 60 games / week, and they sold as many LE's as CE's than lets its well over 1000 games + SE's ....thats over 4-5 months at 100% of their capacity + the holidays....my guess is your not that far off...thats why many should just put down deposits versus paying in full (unless of course your game is about to ship)

#3487 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Tenacious D could be a great pin.

Jack Black is a pinball fan too. Maybe he can pull a slash and co-design with Eric. Would be epic!

#3488 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

GNR is an excellent pinball band IMO. However, ‘Estranged’ is a song I really like and it felt weird playing pinball to it.
EDIT: good thing there’s 21 songs to choose from!

#3489 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Jack Black is a pinball fan too. Maybe he can pull a slash and co-design with Eric. Would be epic!

Could be interesting. If there is one thing ive learned about pinball is theme just isnt that important to me. Dont get me wrong, the right theme gets me pumped, but ive played so many pinball games that ive actually gotten into the IP AFTER playing the pin.

#3490 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The only offensive thing said here is that Hilton had any influence on me. Whytalk is a joke.
Some folks won't like R+M. That's cool. Say I'm wrong - fine with me. I'm enjoying it - and then when I stop enjoying it, I'll make a profit from selling it.
And chooch - next time you're at helicon, see if there is a red corvette outside and ask for me. Beer on me as we're both people who enjoy pinball.

You could never be like Hilton even if you tried and I think you know that. Just having some fun since it was a boring day at work. I know you are passionate about the hobby and your work on JP has me considering getting one down the road since I enjoyed the layout but hated the lack of assets. I am a huge R&M fan so was just a little disappointed in the game because while it's good it could have been so much more. Similar feeling I had with Transformers since it was one of my grails and Stern butchered it.

Only those paying the 'must have it now' price are anywhere near GnR LE price?

That was for stock but nearly everyone added most of options with exception to the butter cabinet and Kruzman PF.

Quoted from dts:

You lost me at JP is easily Elwin’s worst game.

Saying JP is his worst game is not a knock against him since all 3 of his games kick ass. So just because it's the worst doesn't mean it sucks and personally I think Maiden was his best.

#3492 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My son suggested Brutal Legend video game that Jack Black help develop.

#3493 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My son suggested Brutal Legend video game that Jack Black help develop.

Brutal Legend is awesome! Free on game pass if you are on Xbox.

#3494 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

For the people not liking the JP2 pics/video and sounds. There is a really nice mod that cleans the whole things.
When coming back to Gnr, a new stream from our prefferred frenchies is available :
The two main streamers are really more Stern's focused, and at the end, they were completely fan of this GnR.
EDIT : you'll be able to see Jack himself

Highly recommend watching from 35:45. That really encapsulates why this game has excited sooo many people. It's pure pinball awesomeness, and I don't even speak French!

#3495 3 years ago

Jesus...turn down the commentator audio. Just screaming. On a side note, game looks great! Lots of lights and balls!

#3496 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Highly recommend watching from 35:45. That really encapsulates why this game has excited sooo many people. It's pure pinball awesomeness, and I don't even speak French!

Looks like they cranked up the flipper power quite a bit! Looks so much faster than stock flipper power.

#3497 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Cracked me up. Something surreal about watching french guys screaming and rocking out to a GNR pin over the internet.

#3498 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Cracked me up. Someting surreal about watching french guys screaming and rocking out to a GNR pin over the internet.

Kind of felt the same way. Was cool assuming they really didn’t know the words to the songs yet still had a great time playing. Cool stuff.

#3499 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Kind of felt the same way. Was cool assuming they really didn’t know the words to the songs yet still had a great time playing. Cool stuff.

In my head theyre just yelling "Guns and F*ckin Roses" in French.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 11,000.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.