pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 111.
#3401 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I can’t help if you don’t think GnR shoots well. I am an above average player and that inner loop shoot is like butter and easily repeatable. Comboing the ramps and the loops is ezpz. I frankly didn’t have much faith in your earlier post or in your Pinball shooting ability when you mentioned the inner loop so I would just recommend more practice on it. Perhaps for you it just take a bit longer to get a hold of a game. I have owned Potc, JP and turtles and rick and morty. Potc is the easiest to loop and most smooth. JP is certaintly not, Iron Maiden is also very good rick and morty is just off in geometry.
The upper pf isn’t fun? Get out of here. The flippers must be on stock settings if you have trouble hitting those ramps because they are as wide as a used hookers...... well you get it. Lol
So no, I wouldn’t consider option C. I have avengers It’s great. But as I said, out of all those, personally, I’d pick GnR.
We are all different. I owned two Iron Maiden LE’s and JP premium and now avengers. To me, JP is easily his worst game. Like it’s not even close. But if you only have 10k and none of these do it for you, then yeah, keep your money.

You lost me at JP is easily Elwin’s worst game.

#3402 3 years ago

I currently own one. It has great audio and video and the light show is pretty good. But geometry and general gameplay in my opinion is a B-
If GnR is a A+, Rick and Morty is a B. The most important thing is actual gameplay and geometry. For me, it’s not that great. I’ll take my turtles, avengers and certainly GnR over it. It’s spookiest best game though without a doubt. I enjoyed it more than TNA because of the theme but I feel TNA shoots better.

Finally someone speaking some sanity. The theme is out of this world, but it's fairly obvious to be clunky and a wee bit on the cheap end, construction wise.

#3403 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

You lost me at JP is easily Elwin’s worst game

Yeah, that's ridiculous. Someone with a map, GPS and a compass would have been lost with that statement

#3404 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I agree but the fun factor is more important and I gotta tell ya after playing them both its much higher on AIQ.

Not for me, I'll take the OG style code with animation over the movie clips any day.

Everyone is different ! I'd take movie assets all day long ....

#3405 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

It's obviously his worst game art/sound/asset wise. Is that fair? Not his fault, but out of his three, this is just a fact.

#3406 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Everyone is different ! I'd take movie assets all day long ....

I can see that. Listen I liked that film when I was young fella but now it doesn't matter at all and I guess thats why I prefer in the style it is. I wouldn't enjoy SW's as much if it didn't have clips so that movie must be a favorite of urs.

#3407 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think Maiden was stronger on animations and quality personally then JP.

huh?!?... I have both games side by side
I love Maiden, but the animations are no where near the quality of JP's - not even close

#3408 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

huh?!?... I have both games side by side
I love Maiden, but the animations are no where near the quality of JP's - not even close

They're both sorta blah. Neither are exactly making me poop my pants in excitement. It's funny how simply adding the actual movie clips makes it look 100x better with far less effort.

#3409 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

They're both sorta blah. Neither are exactly making me poop my pants in excitement. It's funny how simply adding the actual movie clips makes it look 100x better with far less effort.

To each his own - neither of us is wrong

#3410 3 years ago

JP blows Maiden out of the water in every aspect.

#3411 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I can see that. Listen I liked that film when I was young fella but now it doesn't matter at all and I guess thats why I prefer in the style it is. I wouldn't enjoy SW's as much if it didn't have clips so that movie must be a favorite of urs.

All these games are enjoyable in their own way, and I'm not saying JP2 isn't a great game. I had a SW LE for a while....it was a fun game while it lasted. I have ADD when it comes to pinball so most games don't last a long time....GNR looks great, but my guess is if u don't love the band its not gonna last long in a collection....time will tell.

#3413 3 years ago

For the people not liking the JP2 pics/video and sounds. There is a really nice mod that cleans the whole things.

When coming back to Gnr, a new stream from our prefferred frenchies is available :

The two main streamers are really more Stern's focused, and at the end, they were completely fan of this GnR.

EDIT : you'll be able to see Jack himself

#3414 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That sounds like a good thing

#3415 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Well, you almost read to the end!

I don’t care, JP is the best game i have ever played with TWD, and it is all what matters to me!

And if by chance GNR could join them, i would be happy with it.

#3416 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Rick and Morty is a very good game. Hype is real on that one. Super limited as well. People cashing in which is why you see folks selling but that game will stay high considering it delivers and is rare.

Wrong. This is only according to R and M owners. This is the same thing that happened with RZ. People cashed in selling the game for over 10k. Now what does it sell for? Same story here. Give people time to play the game and it will be in the same camp as every other spooky game ever made. Sorry, just reality. Cool that it has a bunch of assets but doesn't change the fact that it plays like shit. Bring on the downvotes from R&M owners!!

#3417 3 years ago

#3418 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Well, you almost read to the end!
I don’t care, JP is the best game i have ever played with TWD, and it is all what matters to me!
And if GNR could join them, i would be happy with it.

I’m right there with you.

Those two, JP and TWD are the two best layouts ever. JP is #1 masterpiece

GNR doesn’t have that. But it has the “experience”

#3419 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Can anyone tell me the width of the back box / head unit on GnR please?
I've only got sterns so don't know.....
Thanks.

28 3/4" wide
29 3/8" high

#3420 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

It's obviously his worst game art/sound/asset wise. Is that fair? Not his fault, but out of his three, this is just a fact.

It’s actually great in my home, right next to JJPOTC. Incredible flow and lots of fun. As to assets, the custom audio/video upgrade is incredible, just haven’t gotten to it yet as I’m enjoying the game as designed so far.

Back to GnR, I’m having a hard time resisting an LE...just a gorgeous game! Love the poster art, powdercoat, no big deal on losing the coma physical lock, tons of mod options, looks like a home run! Glad a buddy got a CE to try, I missed out. But the more I look at it, the more I like the LE.

#3421 3 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

28 3/4" wide
29 3/8" high

Thank you Sir, much appreciated !

#3422 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Back to GnR, I’m having a hard time resisting an LE...just a gorgeous game! Love the poster art, powdercoat, no big deal on losing the coma physical lock, tons of mod options, looks like a home run! Glad a buddy got a CE to try, I missed out. But the more I look at it, the more I like the LE.

Same here..... I threw my teddy in the corner when i missed out on a CE.
Now...... the more I look at the LE, having checked close ups of the Mylar coated art and the brick powder, I'm actually relaxed about it.
I asked the Mrs who didn't know which model was which between the 3 and she instantly preferred the LE art.

Seems easy to add a wired sound-bar via the 3.5mm jack and some other tasteful sculpts / toppers will soon be available.
I'd like to see a proper topper available with the guns + roses logo vs the flipper bats.

#3423 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Ha! I did this on my AC/DC!

The crazy part is, this video doesn’t even do it justice. By far the most insane, fun pinball experience in person.

#3424 3 years ago

It’s funny to me how the Stern fanboys came here to argue about what is the best Elwin game.I love that they all say I would have purchased a GnR but I’m just not a fan of this or that when in reality their just here to piss on GnR!
As a JJP fan I’ve never felt the need to piss on Stern or their games to make me feel better about my choice in pinball machines.Oh there was the first time I saw AC/DC pro with the giant face in the middle of the playfield and said WTF is this!
I ended up falling in love with a Luci later on and traded my bar life Addams Family.

#3425 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I asked the Mrs who didn't know which model was which between the 3 and she instantly preferred the LE art.

That's because the LE artwork is possibly the best pinball cab art ever made. Jaw dropping, and quite frankly, I'm confused why this wasnt the CE artwork used.

#3426 3 years ago

Holy crap, this game is a blast. If you're on the fence, don't be.

#3427 3 years ago

I must be the only person here that actually prefers the SE artwork. It gives me Bally/williams vibes.

#3428 3 years ago

Yawn... JP is elwins worst game. Terrible call outs, no assets, and crap animation.

Maiden is a much better game in nearly every way except flow and only by a small margin.

Avengers is better than JP as well.

Rush sucks balls and would never out sell GnR as a theme. What’s next, nickleback? Gtfoh with the Canadian rock nonsense.

Anyways, back to GnR, mine arrives tomorrow and then I don’t have to listen to any more opinions on the game like how it doesn’t have flow from self reported bad players. #newsflash no game has flow if you can’t make easy shots. Lol

/endrant.

#3429 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I must be the only person here that actually prefers the SE artwork. It gives me Bally/williams vibes.

I dig the cabinet, but not a fan of the back glass.

#3430 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't know and I really don't care....I don't like cartoon animation games. My kids enjoyed cartoon animations when they were 5 as an adult I tend to relate to movie assets...AIQ and JP2 both are fun layouts with shitty assets. With real movie assets JP2 would be a grand slam.

Movie assets are available on JP2, but not out of the factory

#3431 3 years ago

Rush sucks balls and would never out sell GnR as a theme. What’s next, nickleback? Gtfoh with the Canadian rock nonsense.

If JJP did the same for a Rush pin, with all of their assets, the Rush CE would sell out as fast if not faster than the GnR. There are a lot of diehard Rush fans that would buy it to keep. Not flip it for a profit. I have always been amazed at how many diehard Rush fans there is out there.

#3432 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Bring on the downvotes from R&M owners!!

No down votes here. Prices are already starting to come down and all the assets in the world cannot make it a great shooter. R&M looks like a homebrew machine next to GnR and basically costs the same as the LE. Just be ready for Delt to tell you why you are wrong since he has taken over for Hilton being the R&M cheerleader.

#3433 3 years ago

Once again I think many miss the point that nearly any game can be 'fun' if you are just plopping quarters in it. To plop down over $5k on one though, there needs to be something special that calls to you. That will be different for everyone. And as you get closer to $10k (or over) you either need to have endless cashflow and space, or it needs to hit everything out of the park.

#3434 3 years ago

self reported bad players.

Nice to see you are at least modest. Who did you ever beat?

#3435 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Nice to see you are at least modest. Who did you ever beat?

They said it, I didn’t. Point being, you can’t really comment on the flow of a game if you struggle to hit a ramp....

Who did I beat? Well in regards to GnR specifically? I beat every person who showed up to cointaker and played on 2 different GnR machines for over 8 hours as I had the GC for the event. Game has crazy flow. The inner loop shot is super smooth and easy to repeat, Ramps are wide open and the loops are fast and one feeds the upper flipper for inner loop fun that you can string to a center vuk to finish.

I am recalling why I took a break from pinside 6 months ago. I Will likely do that after my game comes in. So no worries. I’ll see myself out. No need to get all white knight on me because I think you have to atleast be decent at pinball to truly have a valid opinion on code, gameplay and flow.

#3436 3 years ago

They said it, I didn’t. Point being, you can’t really comment on the flow of a game if you struggle to hit a ramp....
Who did I beat? Well in regards to GnR specifically? I beat every person who showed up to cointaker and played on 2 different GnR machines for over 8 hours as I had the GC for the event. Game has crazy flow. The inner loop shot is super smooth and easy to repeat, Ramps are wide open and the loops are fast and one feeds the upper flipper for inner loop fun that you can string to a center vuk to finish.
I am recalling why I took a break from pinside 6 months ago. I Will likely do that after my game comes in. So no worries. I’ll see myself out. No need to get all white knight on me because I think you have to atleast be decent at pinball to truly have an opinion on code, gameplay and flow.

If you’re so amazing, why is the JP2 loop so hard for you I’m guessing you’re a good guy in real life. Enjoy your break, and GnR!

#3437 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

If you’re so amazing, why is the JP2 loop so hard for you I’m guessing you’re a good guy in real life. Enjoy your break, and GnR!

JP2 loop isn’t hard. What I don’t like is what I mentioned above, lack of assets, callouts, no movie. What I said about the loop is that compared to potc or maiden, it is not superior.

Secondly, thank you. I am a very nice person. I also have a career as a psychologist so I help people on a daily basis that are struggling with their mental health.

This pinball hobby can get people fired up, myself included. No harm meant to anyone.

#3438 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't know and I really don't care....I don't like cartoon animation games. My kids enjoyed cartoon animations when they were 5 as an adult I tend to relate to movie assets...AIQ and JP2 both are fun layouts with shitty assets. With real movie assets JP2 would be a grand slam.

ugh - already done ; )

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-the-ultimate-code-w-movie-clips/page/2#post-5909534

#3439 3 years ago

You know your game is off to a great start when people bitch about other games in said thread , lol

#3440 3 years ago

I am recalling why I took a break from pinside 6 months ago. I Will likely do that after my game comes in. So no worries

Relax. The one sports talk show host always says "who did they ever beat" when athletes are cocky and I was just busting your balls. Nothing wrong with a little smack talking on here and honestly I thought your comments were funny.

Don't discard it could be how the game was setup. The machine I played had a very difficult inner loop shot and plenty of others said the same thing. Maybe we all just suck at pinball however I been playing for a long time so tend to think that's not the case. They recently increased the coil strength so I look forward to seeing how it plays this weekend because the shot always seemed a bit late and I bet the extra strength makes a big difference.

#3441 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Think of "family friendly" as "things that don't have the F-bomb". GnR as a band isn't really family friendly to begin with. I wouldn't pull my young kid from watching Frozen or something and say "hey you got to check out this sex, drugs and R&R pin I just unboxed!". It's just they didn't want to use radio edits, so if the song could be played unedited on the radio, it's in family friendly mode as you could be in the car and the same song could come on... but as a parent of young kids you may be changing the station.
There are a handful of games with inappropriate lyrics, sounds, and/or callouts. Removing them doesn't change the overall theme or the other songs.

This is just a thought, I’m definitely not telling you how to parent but the language and everything else is out there. You have it in your own house. Don’t hide it from him. Teach him to be better. He will hear it and a lot more in school. My son had a real taste for alcohol and kept wanting to taste my beer or wanting to know what this or that tasted like. Finally, on vacation I told him I would let him drink in moderation but only in My presence and if I ever found out he was driving while drinking the truck was mine and he could buy his own. He is in college now and I have never once had a issue with him and alcohol. But that’s just me.

On a les serious note, the distributor called and my FH is sold and I will be getting my LE in about a month.

#3442 3 years ago

JP2 loop isn’t hard. What I don’t like is what I mentioned above, lack of assets, callouts, no movie. What I said about the loop is that compared to potc or maiden, it is not superior.
Secondly, thank you. I am a very nice person. I also have a career as a psychologist so I help people on a daily basis that are struggling with their mental health.
This pinball hobby can get people fired up, myself included. No harm meant to anyone.

And how do you feel about that?

#3443 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

No down votes here. Prices are already starting to come down and all the assets in the world cannot make it a great shooter. R&M looks like a homebrew machine next to GnR and basically costs the same as the LE. Just be ready for Delt to tell you why you are wrong since he has taken over for Hilton being the R&M cheerleader.

The only offensive thing said here is that Hilton had any influence on me. Whytalk is a joke.

Some folks won't like R+M. That's cool. Say I'm wrong - fine with me. I'm enjoying it - and then when I stop enjoying it, I'll make a profit from selling it.

And chooch - next time you're at helicon, see if there is a red corvette outside and ask for me. Beer on me as we're both people who enjoy pinball.

#3444 3 years ago

Yawn... JP is elwins worst game. Terrible call outs, no assets, and crap animation.
Maiden is a much better game in nearly every way except flow and only by a small margin.
Anyways, back to GnR, mine arrives tomorrow and then I don’t have to listen to any more opinions on the game like how it doesn’t have flow from self reported bad players. #newsflash no game has flow if you can’t make easy shots. Lol
/endrant.

Considering JP is now ranked #2 overall in the rankings you are def in the EXTREME MINORITY on your JP opinion.

It's yours but it's just wrong and there is nothing wrong with being wrong.

#3445 3 years ago

I actually really enjoyed your take on GnR and am more encouraged to get one. As a psychologist, you must see lots of material on Pinside, mostly OCD!

#3446 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Considering JP is now ranked #2 overall in the rankings you are def in the EXTREME MINORITY on your JP opinion.
It's yours but it's just wrong and there is nothing wrong with being wrong.

I own avengers, had JP and owned two maiden LE’s. I do prefer the other two offerings to JP. :shrug: but like you, Atleast I think it was you, I have Pinball add so I don’t keep things long unless truly special.

#3447 3 years ago

I own avengers, had JP and owned two maiden LE’s. I do prefer the other two offerings to JP. :shrug: but like you, Atleast I think it was you, I have Pinball add so I don’t keep things long unless truly special.

Actually that's my problem, i need to be treated for pinball addiction. They keep pumping out what i think are great games, and i keep buying them, and none have left in a long time because i'm loving em too much.

Looking forward to the "GNR experience" too!!!

#3448 3 years ago

Maiden is better because it has proper callouts and movie footage? Same as Avengers? Makes no sense. Pretty much all modern pinball sucks by your standards. Why even bother with playfield layout, code, art, or anything subjective. Just put out a box of blinky lights and the movie playing on the display.

#3449 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Maiden is better because it has proper callouts and movie footage? Same as Avengers? Makes no sense. Pretty much all modern pinball sucks by your standards. Why even bother with playfield layout, code, art, or anything subjective. Just put out a box of blinky lights and the movie playing on the display.

Is Iron Maiden a movie? No. JP is a movie, and personally I prefer that route. Movie assets and actor voices ftw.

Iron Maiden is better because the modes are more varying and unique than the same padocks/rescue over and over.

#3450 3 years ago

Rush sucks balls and would never out sell GnR as a theme.

I've seen my share of stupid comments on this site and u sir have managed to make the top ten with that one. I'm not talking GnR outselling them maybe and who cares but Rush sucking as a band? I don't give 2 flying fucks about them being Canadian either, its about the band. Probably the best 3 piece rock group in history, and just about every musician and band in the world would agree. GnR

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Easton, MA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hazard, KY
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/69?hl=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.