pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 111.
#3351 3 years ago

I’m a pretty good player, and I’d say this game took me at least 25 games to really learn where all the shots are. The first few games for me were mean and brutal. But once you learn where the danger is and learn when to nudge, the game opens up. It’s for sure the hardest JJP game but I don’t think that’s a bad thing at all.

#3352 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Don’t think we’re going to need more lighting on GnR?

LOL actually I was interested in doing it to my AC/DC.

#3353 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

When was this taken? Is that this week? Would be great to see if so.

I'm not sure it was posted today on JJP facebook

#3354 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

When was this taken? Is that this week? Would be great to see if so.

Was posted today on their Instagram but not exactly sure when it was taken.

#3355 3 years ago

Fellas.. I dont think its a clearcoat issue of pooling around the post. My guess is that the posts were screwed down too tight during install that created the look of pooling.. the only way to address it is not to torque the posts down..

#3356 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

« Spoiler! Click to reveal. begin with < spoiler > but no spaces, enter text or whatever you want, then end it with < / spoiler > but no spaces »

My posts are going to be (even more) intolerable now.

#3357 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

No one has answered my question. Do you think this game will suffer from not having a bash toy?

Dunno. Ask Skymont. He's been humping anyone's leg who mentions GnR, yet said that R&M needed a major toy.

#3358 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Dunno. Ask Skymont. He's been humping anyone's leg who mentions GnR, yet said that R&M needed a major toy.

He’s getting a CE, ya know

#3359 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Was excited all week, every day, to get back and play since last Tuesday!
Got maybe 5 or 6 games in last night, and the shots don't sit well with me...still. I only had maybe 3-4 games max last week, and hoped settings were off, or things needed tweaked, but I left last week being so wowed by the game.
Today, after playing again yesterday, I just sadly ended up feeling I love the veneer, the lights, sound, theme integration, animation, so so much, but the shots don't feel regular, pleasing or friendly.
I really wish I didn't feel this way, but from one week ago on first exposure, to feeling largely apathetic after a week away, and more games, just doesn't feel good.
I feel like the left third of the game is so dominated by the added elements on the LE, and not in a pleasing way. I wish more space was opened up, for more or smoother shots, but that ramp, the upper playfield, and the wireforms for the bass just don't justify the massive real estate I feel they take up on the game.
I also feel the disc is an added on "mech" tacked on, not fun to shoot, (coupled with a somewhat frustrating center scoop) more interfering in a game that has many interfering shot possibilities. It feels like it's there in lieu of more game engaging mechs or subways.
I also feel the loop from the upper right flipper isn't nearly as makeable as POTC's upper loop or JP2's or the Avenger chode ramp even.
I just wish the core of this game was laid out differently, as the exterior and assets and theme integration is unparalleled. But shooting it, so far, hasn't been much fun for me at all.
Also, regarding the discussion of MB. For me, the frequency doesn't bug me so much, more that with 5 or 6 balls being tossed at you, and the shots being somewhat brickable here and there, the frenzy of MB had me more juggling balls down at the flippers, more than smoothly completing shots.
I'm not a fantastic player by any means, but this is definitely the gnarliest JJP game I feel I've played, shooting wise.
Code is so damn good too....
I wonder will this game will be 6 months from now, in the public's eye.

I think this last question will be answered with how many end up on second hand market and how soon.

#3360 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

He’s getting a CE, ya know

I cancelled the order. With all the negativity, I’m switching over to an Avengers LE.

#3361 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I played R&M last week. I change my thoughts. Not a bad game. It’s good but not great.

#3362 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I played R&M last week. I change my thoughts. Not a bad game. It’s good but not great.

Rick and Morty is a very good game. Hype is real on that one. Super limited as well. People cashing in which is why you see folks selling but that game will stay high considering it delivers and is rare.

#3363 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Rick and Morty is a very good game. Hype is real on that one. Super limited as well. People cashing in which is why you see folks selling but that game will stay high considering it delivers and is rare.

I currently own one. It has great audio and video and the light show is pretty good. But geometry and general gameplay in my opinion is a B-

If GnR is a A+, Rick and Morty is a B. The most important thing is actual gameplay and geometry. For me, it’s not that great. I’ll take my turtles, avengers and certainly GnR over it. It’s spookiest best game though without a doubt. I enjoyed it more than TNA because of the theme but I feel TNA shoots better.

#3364 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I cancelled the order. With all the negativity, I’m switching over to an Avengers LE.

After playing both, smart move

#3365 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

After playing both, smart move

You still thinking about getting the GNR SE?

#3366 3 years ago

I really, really like the LE, but want to give an SE a go to see how it feels. Would be a gamechanger to be able to take this game home at $3k less

#3367 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I currently own one. It has great audio and video and the light show is pretty good. But geometry and general gameplay in my opinion is a B-
If GnR is a A+, Rick and Morty is a B. The most important thing is actual gameplay and geometry. For me, it’s not that great. I’ll take my turtles, avengers and certainly GnR over it. It’s spookiest best game though without a doubt. I enjoyed it more than TNA because of the theme but I feel TNA shoots better.

What about option....C? Neither shoot particularly well or fun.

I'm feeling more about embracing my cash. With both of these games, I was ready to let it flight fast and far. Now I'm just thinking in wallet is a better place than 10K out of it.

Problem is, not much hype train after these releases. Stern will surely release a game in...December? But other than that, they pinball hype train is running out of steam.

#3368 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You still thinking about getting the GNR SE?

No. I like GnR but I don't listen to them anymore and the music wasn't clicking. The gameplay wasn't terrible by any means but not my style. I do look forward to playing the SE. The Avengers theme does nothing for me but it was way better in terms of gameplay for me anyway.

#3369 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Problem is, not much hype train after these releases.

What makes that a problem?

I think getting past the impulse, hype train buy usually pays off in pinball.

#3370 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

LOL. Figures.

#3371 3 years ago

The hype train never, ever ends....there's always a new shiny just around the corner.
Stern has something else in the hopper and rumors will start in no time.... Chicago has another remake and then an original title behind that....then Stern will have yet something else!

#3372 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No. I like GnR but I don't listen to them anymore and the music wasn't clicking. The gameplay wasn't terrible by any means but not my style. I do look forward to playing the SE. The Avengers theme does nothing for me but it was way better in terms of gameplay for me anyway.

Don't love the Avengers theme either but the layout is phenomenal. I didn't like JP theme either and it's a f ing grand slam!

Fun times!

#3373 3 years ago

I'm the same on Avengers, I'm not that into the theme, but I thought the table looked fun. Hoping I can actually play some of these newer tables sometime soon.

#3374 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

What about option....C? Neither shoot particularly well or fun.
I'm feeling more about embracing my cash. With both of these games, I was ready to let it flight fast and far. Now I'm just thinking in wallet is a better place than 10K out of it.
Problem is, not much hype train after these releases. Stern will surely release a game in...December? But other than that, they pinball hype train is running out of steam.

I can’t help if you don’t think GnR shoots well. I am an above average player and that inner loop shoot is like butter and easily repeatable. Comboing the ramps and the loops is ezpz. I frankly didn’t have much faith in your earlier post or in your Pinball shooting ability when you mentioned the inner loop so I would just recommend more practice on it. Perhaps for you it just take a bit longer to get a hold of a game. I have owned Potc, JP and turtles and rick and morty. Potc is the easiest to loop and most smooth. JP is certaintly not, Iron Maiden is also very good rick and morty is just off in geometry.

The upper pf isn’t fun? Get out of here. The flippers must be on stock settings if you have trouble hitting those ramps because they are as wide as a used hookers...... well you get it. Lol

So no, I wouldn’t consider option C. I have avengers It’s great. But as I said, out of all those, personally, I’d pick GnR.

We are all different. I owned two Iron Maiden LE’s and JP premium and now avengers. To me, JP is easily his worst game. Like it’s not even close. But if you only have 10k and none of these do it for you, then yeah, keep your money.

#3375 3 years ago

I hear you. It's just a different experience than my other games with amazing music and the best call outs in Pinball period. It feels great to hit that loop shoot followed by garage. I would take GnR above it but with only 750 made, it will likely always be desirable.

#3376 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I hear you. It's just a different experience than my other games with amazing music and the best call outs in Pinball period. It feels great to hit that loop shoot followed by garage. I would take GnR above it but with only 750 made, it will likely always be desirable.

I do really love get swifty. Lmao shit cracks me up.

Definitely the best call outs

#3377 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I got to spend a couple uninterrupted hours playing an LE at the Blue Moon bar and grill in Madison, WI an figured I had enough time to put up an early review.
I'll start with the how the game looks. Overall the game looks amazing and fits the theme perfectly.
Backglass art - Much of the backglass is covered by the LCD but the artwork that's there looks awesome and fits the theme well. 10/10
Cabinet art - I really dig the color of red they chose for the trim and love seeing all of the unique touring lithos. 10/10
playfield art - JJP finally has a kickass artist on staff. I love the hand drawn art and thought it was brilliant to represent the band members as skeletons. 10/10
Display animations - This may be the best looking display work yet on a JJP game. The fact that they were able to sync up the modern day concert footage with the original tracks is pretty incredible. 10/10
Playfield layout - I think the layout fits a music pin well. I didn’t think I would like having a scoop in the center, but I actually don’t mind it. The game has pretty good flow and it makes sense to have smooth orbits (like Hobbit) and wider ramp shots on a music pin so that you can jam out to it while you play. It wouldn't make sense to have bash toys or tons of targets on a music pin like this. the key is to have smooth and medium speed flow that you can rock out to. The game isn’t a precision shooter but is a game where you just need to get flow going and rock out while building up your song times. I wouldn't say the layout is amazing with a mix of easy and tough shots like some of KME's layouts like AIQ or JP2, but I don't think those types of layouts would necessarily fit this type of game well. I also really like how the upper playfields are implemented as they are challenging and fun to hit the available shots and look incredible. 8/10
Game rules – to me the game kind of feels like a modern day ACDC with a rule-set that heavily favors pushing your luck and high risk/reward on song jackpots. I think it may be a bit heavy on the multi-balls as it seems you are in multi-ball play far more than single ball play. Scoring seems heavily dependent on the ability to shoot balls up the left ramp and lock balls on the guitar neck, something that can be difficult if you don’t boost your flipper strength from factory settings. Flippers feel a bit mushy and underpowered at factory settings and it can be challenging (especially in multi-ball) to lock balls as it requires clean shots. Other aspects of the rule-set such as “travel” and “patches” are still a bit unclear to me at this time. I would also like to see a more dedicated purpose for the upper-right flipper loop shot. Currently it appears it can be used to travel or help advance through songs, but doesn’t really seem critical to the game’s rule-set at this point. I’m a big fan of games where upper flippers have a lot of importance for things like super jackpots but on this game it seems that most of the big jackpots are cashed in at the center scoop. 7/10 but I realize that code will be improved over time so this will likely go up.
Toys/Gimmicks – The Slash top hat spinner is well implemented but I think most of the BOM on this game went into the lighting and display. The upper playfields are well designed and implemented. 8/10
This game scores a 10/10 for me in all sound and lighting categories. It truly feels like it is bringing the concert experience home and does sound and lighting better than all other games. The game shines in these regards! I did think the hot rails were slightly less impressive (more muted) in person than they appear on video, but they are implemented nicely and add a really cool effect.
Theming – They 100% nailed this theme. It really helps having Slash on-board and unlimited access to assets. Having 21+ songs is incredible for a music pin. If you are a big fan of GNR and have the means I think you owe it to yourself to buy this game! 10/10
Last ability – I think if you’re a big GNR fan the game should have a ton of lastability with all of the content. Since the rules are done by Keefer and Joe Katz I’m sure there will also be plenty of depth to keep you interested in owning the game a long time. On the other hand if you aren’t a big fan of GNR I could see the theming and assets being a detriment. I know I wouldn’t be interested in this game if it were themed after KISS or Iron Maiden and the amount of video assets would be a turn-off for me. I love the Stern Maiden game because of the layout and because they went a different route with the theme (Eddie adventures) vs. tying it to concerts and touring and typical band stuff. If you’re a GNR fan I’d say this is a 10/10 for lastability. If watching modern day Axl parade around on stage for hours on end gives you cause for concern, then this might not be the game for you. If you aren’t a big fan of the band then I’d give it a 6/10 for lastability.
Fun Factor - If you are a fan of GNR it is really fun to bring the concert home with you. The push your luck rule-set is also fun. I don’t think there are any other games that offer this “concert” experience quite like GNR. I think what this game does for music themed pinballs is comparable to what ACDC did back in 2012. Before ACDC we were subject to concert pins like Rolling Stones and ACDC really upped the ante in terms of adding improved lighting and sound and gameplay excitement (risk/reward) to the pinball landscape. I think GNR exceeds ACDC in almost all areas including lighting, sound, video, and especially artwork but there are a couple of areas where I feel where GNR is lacking. The first is that the game is missing a truly satisfying shot. On ACDC this would be the bell shot, which just feels awesome to hit. GNR is a good shooter and flows pretty well, but is missing that magical truly-satisfying shot. The other area where I think ACDC bests GNR is in adrenaline pumping moments. Having a huge song jackpot lined up with a 3X PF multiplier and firing that cannon is such a rush. GNR also has the ability to build up huge jackpots, but it is more anti-climatic when you simply shoot an easy to hit scoop to cash it in. 8.5/10
Overall – I think the game is a grand slam for JJP and does many things better than any game in history. If you love GNR the band you should be absolutely ecstatic with how it turned out. The game is fun to shoot and has tons of content and deep rules and the best visual/audio experience in pinball. I do think it might be a tad overhyped as it’s not going to make other pinball machines obsolete or less fun to play. I don’t know that I would want the pin as an only modern game in my collection (I would prefer a Stern precision shooting game like JP2 if that were the case) but if you have a few other pins already I think it would complement them nicely and add some diversity and a unique type of pinball experience to your line-up. I know I plan to pick one up when the time is right. 9/10

9/10 overall....then i assumed that art, sound package, lightening show get high rating weightings in your book!

#3378 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

No one has answered my question. Do you think this game will suffer from not having a bash toy?

Only way to get an answer is to start a new thread with a poll.

#3379 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I want people in my front yard to see this game that’s in my basement.

Nah, outer space ftw

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3380 3 years ago

How is Rocket Queen on the family friendly list of songs? Are the background "noises" removed from the game if anyone has played that song long enough to get to that point
Or are those kind of "noises" considered family friendly

#3381 3 years ago

I frankly didn’t have much faith in your earlier post or in your Pinball shooting ability when you mentioned the inner loop so I would just recommend more practice on it.

Uh, I openly said I'm not a great player, but any game needs at least one nice, smooth, accessible shot I feel.

I've played the game max, 10 times so far.

I saw you mention playing the game for 7-8 hours at the Cointaker event. I read that, and your oodles of repeated enthusiasm, and never once publicly questioned anything about your optimistic views or skills.

For me, it's a game, and a game I waited 18 months for to come out, my friend and I both. I hoped for this game more than any film, video game, etc to be something I'd absolutely adore in that time period. So far, it hasn't been that for me, and well....not because of my lofty expectations, but more so because I weigh my lofty expectations with such a discerning eye.

I don't know you, your skills, your level of discernment, so I wouldn't question your skills or enthusiasm. I'm glad for anyone that's blown away by this or any game, and I don't need to convince others that a game is or isn't amazing just to reassure myself in my beliefs. (Hence why I'm very quiet, yet still affirming on the R&M thread, as I was once a potential owner.)

For me, as an avid JJP, pinball, Eric, hell...even a decent GnR fan, the game itself doesn't feel fun to shoot. And well, I'd like to say that I'm okay feeling that, (in ways I'm not) but yeah...I'll get over it.

The upper pf isn’t fun?

I don't believe I said that. I did say I feel there's a lot of real estate taken up in the game, from that, the guitar and bass necks that otherwise prevent some more open gameplay being possible or shot design being opened up.

I sadly, refuse to talk myself into this or any game being an amazing shooter, when I don't feel it is, no matter how much I'd like it to be.

#3382 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I want people in my front yard to see this game that’s in my basement.

Uh, they would need to GET THE FUCK OUT OFF MY LAWN.

#3383 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

How is Rocket Queen on the family friendly list of songs? Are the background "noises" removed from the game if anyone has played that song long enough to get to that point

Those noises technically indicate the STARTING of a family, so all good.

#3384 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Porn
[quoted image]

Great Morning Laugh!!!!!!!! Loved it

Boy those look built like a TANK

#3385 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Uh, I openly said I'm not a great player, but any game needs at least one nice, smooth, accessible shot I feel.
I've played the game max, 10 times so far.
I saw you mention playing the game for 7-8 hours at the Cointaker event. I read that, and your oodles of repeated enthusiasm, and never once publicly questioned anything about your optimistic views or skills.
For me, it's a game, and a game I waited 18 months for to come out, my friend and I both. I hoped for this game more than any film, video game, etc to be something I'd absolutely adore in that time period. So far, it hasn't been that for me, and well....not because of my lofty expectations, but more so because I weigh my lofty expectations with such a discerning eye.
I don't know you, your skills, your level of discernment, so I wouldn't question your skills or enthusiasm. I'm glad for anyone that's blown away by this or any game, and I don't need to convince others that a game is or isn't amazing just to reassure myself in my beliefs. (Hence why I'm very quiet, yet still affirming on the R&M thread, as I was once a potential owner.)
For me, as an avid JJP, pinball, Eric, hell...even a decent GnR fan, the game itself doesn't feel fun to shoot. And well, I'd like to say that I'm okay feeling that, (in ways I'm not) but yeah...I'll get over it.

I don't believe I said that. I did say I feel there's a lot of real estate taken up in the game, from that, the guitar and bass necks that otherwise prevent some more open gameplay being possible or shot design being opened up.
I sadly, refuse to talk myself into this or any game being an amazing shooter, when I don't feel it is, no matter how much I'd like it to be.

If you want an amazing shooter get a Wonka!

#3386 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Don't love the Avengers theme either but the layout is phenomenal. I didn't like JP theme either and it's a f ing grand slam!
Fun times!

I'll agree with ya there! The layout on Avengers is amazing. I wish Avengers could have GNR's production values in terms of code depth / variety, animation quality, lightning, etc. Stern is cranking out a lot of new titles per year but at that pace they can't match JJP's production values where far more time is spent on software development.

I look at Avengers and see the spinning disk that lifts out of the playfield to reveal a shot, a subway where balls can be locked / viewed through the playfield, a VUK out of the subway, the magnetic ramp lock, drop target bank, captive ball, and 2 shots that can be made from the upper left flipper. That's a good amount of features that interact with the ball and hard to beat at around $7,500 for the premium.

The guitar ball lock is awesome on GNR but beyond that there's little in terms of items that interact with the ball. I'm surprised something more interactive was not used versus a regular scoop and spinning disk in those areas. The only other interactive item is the COMA physical ball lock and it's only available on the the $12,500 version of the game...I still say that feature should have been included on the LE considering the price.

#3387 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'll agree with ya there! The layout on Avengers is amazing. I wish Avengers could have GNR's production values in terms of code depth / variety, animation quality, lightning, etc. Stern is cranking out a lot of new titles per year but at that pace they can't match JJP's production values where far more time is spent on software development.
I look at Avengers and see the spinning disk that lifts out of the playfield to reveal a shot, a subway where balls can be locked / viewed through the playfield, a VUK out of the subway, the magnetic ramp lock, drop target bank, captive ball, and 2 shots that can be made from the upper left flipper. That's a good amount of features that interact with the ball. The guitar ball lock is awesome in GNR but beyond that there's little in terms of items that interact with the ball.

I think its a licensing issue more than a time spent on software (AIQ aside which was clearly rushed). The animations on JP and TNMT are pretty incredible.

#3388 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I look at Avengers and see the spinning disk that lifts out of the playfield to reveal a shot, a subway where balls can be locked / viewed through the playfield, a VUK out of the subway, the magnetic ramp lock, drop target bank, captive ball, and 2 shots that can be made from the upper left flipper. That's a good amount of features that interact with the ball and hard to beat at around $7,500 for the premium.
The guitar ball lock is awesome on GNR but beyond that there's little in terms of items that interact with the ball. I'm surprised something more interactive was not used versus a regular scoop and spinning disk in those areas. The only other interactive item is the COMA physical ball lock and it's only available on the the $12,500 version of the game...I still say that feature should have been included on the LE considering the price.

GnR has less in terms of moving/interactive features. One magnet on the top but we’ve seen way more magnets on Woz and DI.

However some of my favorite pins like Tron have not a lot of interactive toys just a drop bank and spinning disc.

#3389 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I think its a licensing issue more than a time spent on software (AIQ aside which was clearly rushed). The animations on JP and TNMT are pretty incredible.

There is no doubt that Stern is very cheap when it comes to acquiring assets. Yes JP is a great game, but sucks that they secured essentially zero movie assets. I guess I played an entirely different game (several times) as I didn't think the animations were incredible at all....

#3390 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

There is no doubt that Stern is very cheap when it comes to acquiring assets. Yes JP is a great game, but sucks that they secured essentially zero movie assets. I guess I played an entirely different game (several times) as I didn't think the animations were incredible at all....

What game has higher quality 3D animations?

#3391 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Think of "family friendly" as "things that don't have the F-bomb". GnR as a band isn't really family friendly to begin with. I wouldn't pull my young kid from watching Frozen or something and say "hey you got to check out this sex, drugs and R&R pin I just unboxed!". It's just they didn't want to use radio edits, so if the song could be played unedited on the radio, it's in family friendly mode as you could be in the car and the same song could come on... but as a parent of young kids you may be changing the station.

There are a handful of games with inappropriate lyrics, sounds, and/or callouts. Removing them doesn't change the overall theme or the other songs.

#3392 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I think Maiden was stronger on animations and quality personally then JP.

#3393 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I don't know and I really don't care....I don't like cartoon animation games. My kids enjoyed cartoon animations when they were 5 as an adult I tend to relate to movie assets...AIQ and JP2 both are fun layouts with shitty assets. With real movie assets JP2 would be a grand slam.

#3394 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think Maiden was stronger on animations and quality personally then JP.

thats crazy. You may enjoy the animations more because of what they are showing but the pure quality/effort that went into them is much better on JP

#3395 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't know and I really don't care....I don't like cartoon animation games. My kids enjoyed cartoon animations when they were 5 as an adult I tend to relate to movie assets...AIQ and JP2 both are fun layouts with shitty assets. With real movie assets JP2 would be a grand slam.

That's irrelevant. My point is simply that Stern put a ton of time/effort into the animations for JP. They cheaped out on licensing, but not on animation quality. AIQ on the other hand has no assets and is rushed in that department.

#3397 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

That's irrelevant. My point is simply that Stern put a ton of time/effort into the animations for JP. They cheaped out on licensing, but not on animation quality. AIQ on the other hand has no assets and is rushed in that department.

Its great that u like the dinosaur animations...I'm no animation expert so I'll leave it at that...POTC was lacking in movie assets as well, but at least they had most of the actors depicted in the game. In my house theme integration matters.

#3398 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me the width of the back box / head unit on GnR please?
I've only got sterns so don't know.....
Thanks.

#3399 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its great that u like the dinosaur animations...I'm no animation expert so I'll leave it at that...POTC was lacking in movie assets as well, but at least they had most of the actors depicted in the game. In my house theme integration matters.

You’ve totally missed the point of my post. I was originally responding to the comment made by another poster that stern doesn’t put time/effort into animations.

#3400 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern is cranking out a lot of new titles per year but at that pace they can't match JJP's production values where far more time is spent on software development.

I agree but the fun factor is more important and I gotta tell ya after playing them both its much higher on AIQ.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Yes JP is a great game, but sucks that they secured essentially zero movie assets.

Not for me, I'll take the OG style code with animation over the movie clips any day.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 49.99
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/68?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.