pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 111.
#3251 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I just had my GnR LE delivered to my home today. It’s my first JJP game. I also own Stern Maiden Premium, JP premium. I loved those games and always will. But...All I can say is this: this game is INCREDIBLE! It is insanely amazing. I upped the flipper power and it is now shooting fast as hell and smooth. I’m almost at a loss for words about how incredible this game is. It’s in another universe from all other pins in a sense. I’m BEYOND pleased that I shelled out the $$$ for it! It’s deep, it’s rocking, it’s beautiful, it’s a great shooter much to my surprise based on other’s comments on pinside(most of whom haven’t played it I’m guessing.) Home run all the way.

What makes it amazing

#3252 3 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'm going to install only 1 ball in mine... that way I won't have to worry about all the multi-ball issues.

Ha! Yeah, I was worried about too much multiball at first. But it really doesn’t play that way to me. It all seems perfect. Kind of hard to explain way but it just works. Just my opinion.

#3253 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What makes it amazing

So many things. Obviously the sound and lighting and asset integration is unparalleled by any other pin. Seems like 95% of everyone can agree to that. As far as gameplay and flow, it plays fast and there seems to be all kinds of shots to hit that are challenging and fun. The code seems deep and the risk/reward design of the song modes is really a blast and feels like it makes the player truly strategize in a unique way. EVen if you don’t love the band, it’s such an immersive rock n roll meets pinball experience. I think immersive is a good descriptive word for the game. Hope that helps further explain my love of this game. Believe me, I had my doubts at first after watching streams/readin pinside forum posts. All of those doubts are gone after getting it in my home.

#3254 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I bumped left and right all the way up to 32, lol. Probably could lower it. But it’s shooting so fast and awesome!

I don't have a GNR yet but I bumped Wonka up by 2 and found it greatly improved the experience.
My take is to do them all evenly, as to preserve the design intent, and go 1 step at a time until it feels right.

Overpowering them could cause damage to parts in the game.

#3255 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don't have a GNR yet but I bumped Wonka up by 2 and found it greatly improved the experience.
My take is to do them all evenly, as to preserve the design intent, and go 1 step at a time until it feels right.
Overpowering them could cause damage to parts in the game.

Thx for the tip!

#3256 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

So many things. Obviously the sound and lighting and asset integration is unparalleled by any other pin. Seems like 95% of everyone can agree to that. As far as gameplay and flow, it plays fast and there seems to be all kinds of shots to hit that are challenging and fun. The code seems deep and the risk/reward design of the song modes is really a blast and feels like it makes the player truly strategize in a unique way. EVen if you don’t love the band, it’s such an immersive rock n roll meets pinball experience. I think immersive is a good descriptive word for the game. Hope that helps further explain my love of this game. Believe me, I had my doubts at first after watching streams/readin pinside forum posts. All of those doubts are gone after getting it in my home.

Thanks, do you think the SE will be a good game?

#3257 3 years ago

Ok.. I've read a million posts on this pin. I thought for sure I was going to buy it. Sounds awesome and have always liked GnR. One thing that hasn't been addressed. Will you get sick of listening to the songs? My fear is that I really like at least half of the tracks, but will I get tired of them? So many of the popular songs have been played out already. Sounds crazy but after the "immersive light show/experience" and novelty wears out, will it be just a very expensive GnR jukebox? Really wanted to pull the trigger. I guess I'll take the advice and play one first.

#3258 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Thanks, do you think the SE will be a good game?

I actually got to play the SE at a release party. The SE is really cool. Definitely lots of flow and it seems to play faster than the LE. The only thing that’s sort of a drag is the lack of RGB on the hot rails. It’s only white. But it’s a totally fun game.

#3259 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Ok.. I've read a million posts on this pin. I thought for sure I was going to buy it. Sounds awesome and have always liked GnR. One thing that hasn't been addressed. Will you get sick of listening to the songs? My fear is that I really like at least half of the tracks, but will I get tired of them? So many of the popular songs have been played out already. Sounds crazy but after the "immersive light show/experience" and novelty wears out, will it be just a very expensive GnR jukebox? Really wanted to pull the trigger. I guess I'll take the advice and play one first.

I think this game will be fun for a long long time. Personally, I would not be concerned about that.

#3260 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I think this game will be fun for a long long time. Personally, I would not be concerned about that.

I agree I own IMDN and never really liked the music but the gameplay is amazing and what do we get with IMDN? 8 songs? It will be very difficult to get sick of 21 songs I think.

#3261 3 years ago

I really doubt you would get sick of 21 songs. That's almost double Met and I'm not sick of those songs after 4 years.

Aerosmith is another story for me , not enough songs.

#3262 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I've been listening to APD album since the 90s on repeat. I have the greatest hits CD in my car and never ejected it. So not worried.

#3263 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I really doubt you would get sick of 21 songs. That's almost double Met and I'm not sick of those songs after 4 years.
Aerosmith is another story for me , not enough songs.

I would add, unless your a really good player (not me) you will likely be playing this game for a Long time to actually Earn the ability to hear the full song lol. You need to earn at least 3 minutes from each song on an album to get to the first wizard mode. May not be seeing any wizard modes myself.

#3264 3 years ago

Compared to other games, this game is like seeing a rock band live versus sitting at home listening to a recording of the band.

When you go to a good rock concert, it's loud, chaotic, out of control, blinding at times, engrossing, unique, crowded, in your face and you come out with your head spinning. If you have to describe why it was so f*n good, you cant think of a single thing to say except "ït was just the whole experience - you had to be there". If you watch it back on video it looks lame.

A music purist would say it's not the best way to enjoy the music - you should be sitting alone in a quiet room with an expensive stereo appreciating every note in a completely controlled and repeatable environment.

But if you had the choice, you'd see the live concert every time.

#3265 3 years ago

Best game ever!!!! Game blows !!!! Grrrrr!!! U Mothaaa!!!! Roarrrrr!!! I fing love it just caught up On thread and I’m pumped !!!I havnt played it but anyone living in the Florida keys that has it and wants to invite me I’ll bring a nice bottle of whatever the fuck it takes lmao offer good thru next Monday .Opinions .....Blah!!! Only thing that matters is the fingertips of the beholder !!

018A3C3B-9298-4536-9285-9EFEE0CA1B54 (resized).jpeg018A3C3B-9298-4536-9285-9EFEE0CA1B54 (resized).jpegFD0B36B6-2A34-4EEA-B781-F97F65033A97 (resized).jpegFD0B36B6-2A34-4EEA-B781-F97F65033A97 (resized).jpeg
#3266 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I'd recommend hard wiring the sound bar or extra speakers. Keefer mentioned that there is a 1/4 second delay over bluetooth. My OCD would not be able to live with that. Personally I've not been able to get any bluetooth audio device working yet. The only "letdown" so far is bluetooth implementation. I'm guessing this can be resolved with code updates, fingers crossed.

I talked with the salesman earlier this evening at the distributor here in Denver Colorado where I ordered my LE. He said the blue tooth profile was still unclear what all it was going to support. I asked if the blue tooth could allow the machine to work as a blue tooth speaker. I mean why not have a $9,500 blue tooth speaker when not being played . Its suppose to have jukebox mode so hoping that allows a way to play other audio besides the 21 songs in the game. Do any other JJP pins allow you to connect a blue tooth device besides headphones to stream in audio from sources like Spotify, Pandora or your own music library? Also asked about the sound bar topper. Will see what he finds out. He was contacting JJP right away with those question.

#3267 3 years ago

We do not support acting as a speaker, sorry.

#3268 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Is there a 3.5mm Phono Jack output inside the LE. I looked at the manual from JJP, it appears there is?
If so, does this send audio for all sound or just certain designated speakers in particular.
Thanks in advance.

#3269 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Is there a 3.5mm Phono Jack output inside the LE. I looked at the manual from JJP, it appears there is?
If so, does this send audio for all sound or just certain designated speakers in particular.
Thanks in advance.

If not you can use a splitter on ones in use with stock speakers

#3270 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You need to earn at least 3 minutes from each song on an album to get to the first wizard mode. May not be seeing any wizard modes myself.

Not from each song. You need to play at least 3 minutes worth of songs from the same album (that can be 2:30 from 1 song and 0:30 from another song from the same album), and then you'll be able to start the Album mode. BTW there is only 1 wizard mode.

#3271 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

How complete is the code? Other than finalising what's already there, anything more to be added?

#3272 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I don't think I can buy this game .
The light for Melbourne is in bloody South Australia , besides that everything looks great
[quoted image]

I had a great laugh today .
I joked about how the light for Melbourne was slightly to the left , putting it in South Australia .
Then I listend to pinball nerds podcast today and Orby was complaining about how Canada wasn't even on the map .
It makes my observation laughable compared to his.

#3273 3 years ago

Who needs a Soundbar for a topper .
Get one of those GNR toppers , connect a subwoofer and a couple of these lights ( or similar ).and you're good to go .

#3274 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

No I do not think so at all, it's not the same thing as sitting on your couch listening to the same album over and over again.
I have had IMDN for 18 months and I am not sick of the songs

#3275 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

My thing is if you don’t like GNR and don’t plan on getting it, move on. Don’t ruin it for those who are excited. I’m not in the Avengers thread bashing it like I could. I’m not getting Avengers so I’m not there.

Funny stuff you in the stranger things thread "Which is packed more. Rick and Morty or Stranger Things?"

"Exactly what I was thinking as well. I’m not buying this pin but Stern can sure sell a lot of pinballs even when not streamed. Unbelievable! "

"I love it. It’s very entertaining. Please keep it up.

"you get nothing good day sir! "

#3276 3 years ago

And here come the clear coat issues....again

A64668CB-3527-4F3B-8FFB-964728411323 (resized).jpegA64668CB-3527-4F3B-8FFB-964728411323 (resized).jpeg
#3277 3 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

[quoted image]

Yikes, that isn’t good. I’ve been down this road. Time to make some popcorn.

#3278 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

No I do not think so at all, it's not the same thing as sitting on your couch listening to the same album over and over again.
I have had IMDN for 18 months and I am not sick of the songs

I’m in a dilemma love Maiden but don’t need 2 rock pins in a collection of 4 max. Do I sell Maiden may not get a shot to play GNR before purchase, distributor got 2 and sold both UGHHH!! Decisions decisions

#3279 3 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

[quoted image]

Damn dude...that is a real close up pic. Are you talking about that microscopic chip? Doesn't seem like their is a ton of pooling around the post like the first debacle.

tenor-2.giftenor-2.gif
#3280 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Funny stuff you in the stranger things thread "Which is packed more. Rick and Morty or Stranger Things?"
"Exactly what I was thinking as well. I’m not buying this pin but Stern can sure sell a lot of pinballs even when not streamed. Unbelievable! "
"I love it. It’s very entertaining. Please keep it up.
"you get nothing good day sir! "

Love you long time.

#3281 3 years ago

It doesn’t look like pooling, it looks like the clear coat is lifting to me. That’s a location game, and the best photo I could get. But all the posts were like that.

Quoted from Palmer:

Damn dude...that is a real close up pic. Are you talking about that microscopic chip? Doesn't seem like their is a ton of pooling around the post like the first debacle.[quoted image]

#3282 3 years ago

The clear coat looks somewhat opaque around the post and sort of looks cut by the post but really hard to tell with the black art ring.

Remove the post and take a look and you’ll clearly see what’s going on.

#3283 3 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

[quoted image]

This could be wax.....or dandruff ...... or worse still ....skin.....

#3284 3 years ago

It’s a location game, pretty sure they aren’t gonna let me disassemble it...but the clear coat in person looks like it’s lifting up, peeled away from the art work.

Quoted from Psw757:

The clear coat looks somewhat opaque around the post and sort of looks cut by the post but really hard to tell with the black art ring.
Remove the post and take a look and you’ll clearly see what’s going on.

#3285 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

This could be wax.....or dandruff ...... or worse still ....skin.....

Seriously...I think I see a pube.

#3286 3 years ago

If that is the clearcoat layer lifting off the playfield surface, that's very concerning. Especially if it's on every post in the game.

#3287 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Oh no.....that means it could be a dried something else....

#3288 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

#3289 3 years ago

Yeah after being burned on a NIB Wonka and a NIB JP Pro....I’m super hesitant to buy NIB games at all.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

If that is the clearcoat layer lifting off the playfield surface, that's very concerning. Especially if it's on every post in the game.

#3290 3 years ago

In all seriousness.
I don’t want to sh^t on anything but...I got burned on NIB IMDN with pooling.
Never got sorted, took it on the chin.
I am pulling the trigger soon on a GnR LE - maybe tomorrow.....I was def informed all this pooling was ancient history now??

#3291 3 years ago

A friend was burned on a Iron Maiden LE. So the problem is everywhere. Just hope GNR is over this. With that being said, can’t wait to get my CE.

#3292 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

..I was def informed all this pooling was ancient history now??

How could anyone be able to make this determination? NIB will always be a risk. Always.

#3293 3 years ago

Quoted from Skyemont:A friend was burned on a Iron Maiden LE. So the problem is everywhere. Just hope GNR is over this. With that being said, can’t wait to get my CE.

Didn't realize you were getting a CE .

#3294 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How could anyone be able to make this determination? NIB will always be a risk. Always.

Yes, but the clear-coat hasn’t always been an issue.
Out of my small NIB collection of 6 - IMDN is the only one with pooling around all the posts.
Others are fine. IMDN is the latest build date.
I thought they had identified and addressed this particular issue, is what I’m saying.

#3295 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I’m in a dilemma love Maiden but don’t need 2 rock pins in a collection of 4 max. Do I sell Maiden may not get a shot to play GNR before purchase, distributor got 2 and sold both UGHHH!! Decisions decisions

Was thinking the same thing, but every time I play IMDN - I LOVE IT!!!!

and as a side note - besides major dimpling - no pooling issues on my IMDN premium from 8/27/2018 build

#3296 3 years ago

I don't consider maiden a music pin, its a monster pin with a sweet sound track (if you like maiden). These feel like very very different games to me.

#3297 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Yes, but the clear-coat hasn’t always been an issue.
Out of my small NIB collection of 6 - IMDN is the only one with pooling around all the posts.
Others are fine. IMDN is the latest build date.
I thought they had identified and addressed this particular issue, is what I’m saying.

Yeah. After ghosting on my first nib, I just assume there’s a possibility something will be wrong with the game. And factor that into my decision. If it’s not one thing, something new will come up unfortunately.

#3298 3 years ago

Holy shit! He’s getting a CE?!

Quoted from La4s:

Didn't realize you were getting a CE .

#3299 3 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

[quoted image]

gnr-post (resized).jpggnr-post (resized).jpg

You have GOT to be kidding me. Seriously???

#3300 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Was thinking the same thing, but every time I play IMDN - I LOVE IT!!!!
and as a side note - besides major dimpling - no pooling issues on my IMDN premium from 8/27/2018 build

Flight of Icarus is the ultimate pinball song gets me pumped up!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 11,000.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (OBO)
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.