pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 111.
#3051 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Does Pinball Browser work on JJP games? Maybe I can change out all of the songs and videos to Foo Fighters when GnR songs start to get repetitive

first musical pin that i like at least half of the songs in the game. my only complain is of course the missing of Knocking on heaven's door. big pity.

#3052 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Franck, i hope there is way more to do than staying alive in each song mode like shooting specific shots to progress to a goal. unless i assume it would be boring quickly.

Each song has specific rules and are progressive like different levels to each song. One song will be hit so many switches (50 switches level one, 150 switches level 2 etc..)

The songs are modes and all different (they say) I don't know.

#3053 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

EVERY game, including the 2 games you currently own have a "long term lastability" issue depending on how much you play it.
After playing my AFMLE enough it was bye bye after 2 years. Same thing with LOTRLE, SM etc. I don't play TWDLE much anymore because i've beaten it a handful of times and it doesn't have the same appeal anymore. Still one of the best pins ever!
500 games on it? Not even close to scratching the surface of GNR. 4-5k plays, maybe.

I agree, that is why my threshold is 1 maybe 2 years. I make no delusions about games lasting a lifetime. What keeps me coming back to games is the challenge they present, the gameplay. I don't doubt GNR is an unbelieve presentation, just hope the bones of the game are fun enough to keep you engaged once you're no longer wow'd by the A/V- which WILL happen , it does for every game.

#3054 3 years ago

This is what he said about MB:
« The multiballs during songs are not some separate thing to score more points. They simply are there to help you do the previous mentioned goal. Get max rock meter, kick ass on the song and get an encore. I think if people think of it in that manner. They will understand the true genius of this game and see how the MBs are not excessive because they don’t serve the purpose everyone in Pinball is use to. You aren’t stopping to control and take specific shots. You are jamming out! You are flinging all the balls as best you can to orchestrate a killer performance and keep the meter high! « 
Sorry what means  »jamming out »?
Is each song unique to play?

So if you remove the excessive multiball like people say it will effect your progress in the game

#3055 3 years ago
Quoted from bennyprofane:

Played 20+ games on GNR LE tonight, and boy it was just as I expected - a big let down. I played this at a spot in Brooklyn with some serious pinball players and casual players like my wife who loves GNR and thinks pinball is fun. From my perspective, the shots and rules just aren't intuitive enough to know what you're doing and what your'e going for. What do patches do? Why am I collecting band members? It's never really explained.
Although the lightshow has been presented as the best feature of the game, at times it's completely detrimental. "Hit the flashing shots"???? Everything is flashing... what am I supposed to hit? In the 20-25 games I played, I lit about 15 songs or so (replayed my favorites). Unfortunately, I found some songs to be kind of unplayable unless you just buy time. "Out ta Get me," the entire playfield was dark to the point I couldn't even see the ball. Brutal drains down the outlanes as well.
No one among us could understand why it's so hard to listen to Guns N Roses and making you "earn a song" seems like a huge oversight. After like 20 plays, I don't think I ever played a song more than 1:30. If you enjoy it, good for you, but next to Hot Wheels which was the overwhelming favorite, this one was a big stinker.
[quoted image]

What is your job title at Stern?

#3056 3 years ago

I was hoping they would find a way to get Slither into the game. That was one of my favorite songs from their concert.

#3057 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Hot Wheels is a great players game. Very challenging. Multiballs are earned. Definitely not the same BOM as a JJP LE game. But it has some great rules.

You may have read I did Not say anything bad about Hot Wheels it is a good game just not a comparison to GnR. Just saying he couldn’t figure out the simple aspect of collecting band members shows me it was clearly over his head as it repeats it over and over lol.

#3058 3 years ago

Franck, i hope there is way more to do than staying alive in each song mode like shooting specific shots to progress to a goal. unless i assume it would be boring quickly.

As of today, he's been on Pinside for 2 weeks (11 games rated).

#3059 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You may have read I did Not say anything bad about Hot Wheels it is a good game just not a comparison to GnR. Just saying he couldn’t figure out the simple aspect of collecting band members shows me it was clearly over his head as it repeats it over and over lol.

To specify, I did figure out HOW to collect band members, just not WHY I was collecting them. Just trying to give a non-biased first impression and maybe some of the negative points can be attributed to it being in a bar setting. Either way, I hope JJP sells a lot of them and if you love it, my impression shouldn't take away from that.

#3060 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Lurker for years... not trying to be a negative poster.

#3061 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I was hoping they would find a way to get Slither into the game. That was one of my favorite songs from their concert.

Hope they add more songs through updates. I'd like to see "Yesterdays" and "Knockin on Heavens Door", Silther would have to be Scott Weilend as Axl kind of butchered it, but man the light show for that would be awesome. I remember Slash performing that song with Myles many times and the whole room goes green. Fingers crossed they add songs!

#3062 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:Hope they add more songs through updates. I'd like to see "Yesterdays" and "Knockin on Heavens Door", Silther would have to be Scott Weilend as Axl kind of butchered it, but man the light show for that would be awesome. I remember Slash performing that song with Myles many times and the whole room goes green. Fingers crossed they add songs!

I don’t think they will be adding songs. I’m ok with that, it has a ton already.

#3063 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

HDMI - doesn’t look washed out.
[quoted image]

Quoted from jandrea95:

Willing to bet this was a coincidence, and possible the monitor was set slightly different. HDMI and DVI can carry the same signal pretty much.

This was definitely something people experienced in the owner's thread. Not sure why....

Either way, settings can be tweaked on the back of these displays!

#3064 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

At the end of the day everyone has different feelings about games so take it with a grain of salt. Especially from someone who rates a Met Pro (fun game) that much higher than a GNR LE.....anyone who has owned a JJP game knows that it takes quite a while to really get a feel for the game as the rules are complex, and u have to tweak the game to your liking. Playing a JJP on location and passing judgement is a challenge.

#3065 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My understanding is ball 2 will spot you one member and ball 3 spots you another two members. Other things like patches can spot members or JAM can spot them all ( just what I’ve read).

I am not sure but I believe ball 1 2 and 3 spot members of the band so that everyone can start a song by ball 3

#3066 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I am not sure but I believe ball 1 2 and 3 spot members of the band so that everyone can start a song by ball 3

Yeah, on Ball 3, the song is automatically lit... you just gotta hit the scoop to start it.

#3067 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I feel like I need around 50 plays to really understand a game. A lot of times that means a game needs to be home to truly get a feel for it...especially now with all the limitations on location play.

I can tell in a game or 2 if a pin is for me, sometimes from just watching it being played but to judge code or shot difficulty/drains without ever playing it is foolish.

Quoted from iceman44:

I don't play TWDLE much anymore because i've beaten it a handful of times and it doesn't have the same appeal anymore. Still one of the best pins ever!

Exactly. Theme will keep a pin around way longer than gameplay for me. Loved TWD but after the 3rd final wizard mode when I started a game it was like "yeah yeah I know" then it becomes a chore over being fun and exciting. I still haven't played a pin where that didn't happen and many times without ever getting to the end.

Simple pins that are great for competition mode and have staying power if u can stand people in the house on a regular basis. Every new release is gonna have people claiming "GOAT" all the way down to "Shit Sandwich" and rightfully so.

#3068 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just saying he couldn’t figure out the simple aspect of collecting band members shows me it was clearly over his head

Well if that concept in the rules is over his head then I'm gonna have to assume he's still having trouble with the concept of Sliced Bread.

#3069 3 years ago

So anyone finishing making some cool mods for the LE yet?
Would like to see a nice lockdown button surround + plunger surround for starters

#3070 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Would like to see a nice lockdown button surround + plunger surround for starters

I'd love to just see a replica of the CE lockdown button. The roses would look good on the red.

#3071 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I'd love to just see a replica of the CE lockdown button. The roses would look good on the red.

Yes, agreed to match the Apron also!

#3072 3 years ago

JJP just charged my card $1k. Yay! Is everyone getting this or do they time it based one when the machine might ship? Interesting that they don't charge the full amount upfront.

#3073 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

... perhaps snakes and/or guns, leave the roses alone on the CE

#3074 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And Some say it because they Played It!

Be real.. would all these people use the same description if it weren't pre-seeded? How many of these people have been to that show? It's not saying the description isn't valid - it's saying the the reason people get to THAT description in particular vs any other is because they were told that's what it was designed to be.

The power of suggestion is real.

#3075 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Be real.. would all these people use the same description if it weren't pre-seeded? How many of these people have been to that show? It's not saying the description isn't valid - it's saying the the reason people get to THAT description in particular vs any other is because they were told that's what it was designed to be.
The power of suggestion is real.

Are you getting a GNR’s?

#3076 3 years ago

I was able to play GNR today for 10 games or so. First impression. The light show is amazing. One thing a lot of people have not mentioned is the sound absolutely kicks ass! Wow! best sound in a stock pin I’ve heard. I liked having to hit various shots to light band members and work towards your goal of starting a song. Then, starting a song is super cool and there is a different experience for each song. The flippers were a little weak. Not real snappy like on Sterns. The shots are very unique and very smooth. Very fun shots all over the Playfield. I do think all the multi-balls were a bit much. As I was playing it was just craziness and I was just mashing the flippers to save the balls. Aiming for anything was pretty much out of the question because the multiballs. I know there are multiple mini 2-ball multiballs. Maybe adjust those and the excess multiballs can be tamed down a bit? Overall, it’s an awesome experience. I think if you dial in the adjustments for your particular taste, this is a candidate for pin of the year.

#3077 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I’d really like to see the skull over the shooter on the CE mod for the LE.

#3078 3 years ago

Sorry if been asked already but can a sound bar be wired to the LE?

#3079 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

First impressions are everything to some pinheads. So it is understandable that someone doesn't enjoy the game because they don't understand it initially. Or sometimes people write off a game as SO bad because they can't make any shots...

Unfair drains are a problem too. Multiple people have mentioned that made shots can lead to balls going to the right outlane. That can leave a bad first impression, like the right orbit on TZ going SDTM if you don't use the upper flipper to deflect the ball.

I heard that it shouldn't do this on GNR and that a metal rail can we tweaked to fix it. Hopefully, they'll get this sorted at the factory.

#3080 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Sorry if been asked already but can a sound bar be wired to the LE?

Yes. If you download the manual you can see the sound bar is simply plugged in. Don't really feel it needs it though as they seem to have bumped up the speaker system in this game already. My opinion.

#3081 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Unfair drains are a problem too. Multiple people have mentioned that made shots can lead to balls going to the right outlane. That can leave a bad first impression, like the right orbit on TZ going SDTM if you don't use the upper flipper to deflect the ball.
I heard that it shouldn't do this on GNR and that a metal rail can we tweaked to fix it. Hopefully, they'll get this sorted at the factory.

After playing my game for a week then the games at the GAP open house it is clear the side to side level of this game is Critical! On the open house game it was leaning right so the plunge exit would always go SDTM as would the drop roll from the upper playfield to the right outlane. As soon as we leveled the game correctly the issue was 100% gone. Properly leveled from the plunge it rolls almost perfectly to the right flipper every time.

#3082 3 years ago
Quoted from bennyprofane:

Played 20+ games on GNR LE tonight, and boy it was just as I expected - a big let down. I played this at a spot in Brooklyn with some serious pinball players and casual players like my wife who loves GNR and thinks pinball is fun. From my perspective, the shots and rules just aren't intuitive enough to know what you're doing and what your'e going for. What do patches do? Why am I collecting band members? It's never really explained.
Although the lightshow has been presented as the best feature of the game, at times it's completely detrimental. "Hit the flashing shots"???? Everything is flashing... what am I supposed to hit? In the 20-25 games I played, I lit about 15 songs or so (replayed my favorites). Unfortunately, I found some songs to be kind of unplayable unless you just buy time. "Out ta Get me," the entire playfield was dark to the point I couldn't even see the ball. Brutal drains down the outlanes as well.
No one among us could understand why it's so hard to listen to Guns N Roses and making you "earn a song" seems like a huge oversight. After like 20 plays, I don't think I ever played a song more than 1:30. If you enjoy it, good for you, but next to Hot Wheels which was the overwhelming favorite, this one was a big stinker.

This guy seriously ranked Stranger Things Pro higher than JJP's Guns N Roses. I understand opinions and experiences vary, but come on man...you're telling me Stranger Things Pro is better than GnR....Get outta here!

#3083 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Has anyone internationally been able to play one yet? And by International I don't mean Canadians lol

There is meant to be one in Melbourne either now or very soon. Hopefully we will get some other opinions soon.

#3084 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

This guy seriously ranked Stranger Things Pro higher than JJP's Guns N Roses. I understand opinions and experiences vary, but come on man...you're telling me Stranger Things Pro is better than GnR....Get outta here!

The great thing about a person expressing their opinion is that we get to know a bit more about them which helps us to determine how much we value their opinions.

#3085 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I do think all the multi-balls were a bit much. As I was playing it was just craziness and I was just mashing the flippers to save the balls. Aiming for anything was pretty much out of the question because the multiballs.

I think that's common for less experienced players. When my wife first started playing, I remember her telling me she didn't like getting multiball because it was too overwhelming. Now that she's gotten better, she enjoys them and can aim for shots amidst the chaos.

I find games get easier and more fun as I get to know them. A good game makes me want to get to know it. A great game keeps me interested.

From what I see and what many have said, GNR has the potential to do both, but so much is personal preference. Looking forward to playing it.

#3086 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:you're telling me Stranger Things Pro is better than GnR....Get outta here!

Might be to him. Is that so strange. U do realize that many people would rate GnR as better band than Black Sabbath or Marvel films better than the likes of The Godfather or Apocalypse Now. Its just a matter of taste. R those people most likely mentally challenged, well certainly they are. Here's the main thing, how r any of u taking ratings of GnR at this point seriously? The game just came out.

#3087 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

To him, yes. He doesn't come across to me as someone who is trolling so I'll accept his opinion as being honest.

Quoted from fnosm:

The great thing about a person expressing their opinion is that we get to know a bit more about them which helps us to determine how much we value their opinions.

Well said! I'll add that I appreciate an honest opinion, even if it's different than mine.

#3088 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I think that's common for less experienced players. When my wife first started playing, I remember her telling me she didn't like getting multiball because it was too overwhelming. Now that she's gotten better, she enjoys them and can aim for shots amidst the chaos.
I find games get easier and more fun as I get to know them. A good game makes me want to get to know it. A great game keeps me interested.
From what I see and what many have said, GNR has the potential to do both, but so much is personal preference. Looking forward to playing it.

Watching some of Buffalo stream getting Multiballs all the time not counting the song modes just all the sudden we’re in another MB.

I like a few MB in my game as a break from single ball play. Never had one with constant non stop MB action. Probably ok for one pin in a large collection. I’ll probably like it as a change of pace.

#3089 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Order through hemisphere. They are not far away. They drive over and pick it up and ship it to you. I’ll have mine this week on the west coast.

I hope you do indeed get your game that quickly. I just called them today and they did not say anything about going and picking up games and then shipping. They also said they have no clue when they are getting and and just pick your dealer and pay the $1000 deposit and then you have to just wait it out. Said JJP has not issued any sort of shipping schedule to them yet and everyone is in the same "wait and see" situation.

#3090 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Watching some of Buffalo stream getting Multiballs all the time not counting the song modes just all the sudden we’re in another MB.
I like a few MB in my game as a break from single ball play. Never had one with constant non stop MB action. Probably ok for one pin in a large collection. I’ll probably like it as a change of pace.

Different is good in a larger collection. I can't help comparing each new release to the games I already have. What is it about the new release that makes it special and worth buying? If it's a theme I love, it still needs to be implemented well. If it's a typical layout, are there cool toys or unique rules that make it extra special? If it's a unique layout, does it shoot well?

I can see that the light show and theme integration (playfield and software) on GNR makes it special. I like a few GNR songs but it's not a theme I connect with, though not a show-stopper either. As such, the gameplaying experience is going to have to be special enough to overcome the theme for me to buy versus just playing at friends or on location.

#3091 3 years ago

Anybody else dislike the selfie picture feature? Not a deal breaker of course and I assume it can be turned off in the settings.
Does it interrupt game play?

#3092 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Anybody else dislike the selfie picture feature? Not a deal breaker of course and I assume it can be turned off in the settings.
Does it interrupt game play?

It's a high score award after game over, assuming it works like the photo feature on other JJP games.

#3093 3 years ago

I think the biggest concern of the Multiball heaviness, should be based on the not being able to trap up and use more skill during multi balls. I understand the need for the rule, to prevent timing out, but I wish somehow it could be done to where more skilled play can be accomplished, rather then flipping away.

The 4 modes outside of songs would be fantastic if they were single ball modes, like in Jurassic Park with control room and T-rex modes. Then you can explore how well the game can flow...ramp/loop combos, keep left diverter closed.

Game looks great and look forward to playing it.

#3094 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

There is meant to be one in Melbourne either now or very soon. Hopefully we will get some other opinions soon.

Yes i have been invited to play it but this lockdown is making it difficult

#3095 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I think the biggest concern of the Multiball heaviness, should be based on the not being able to trap up and use more skill during multi balls.

I love this rule. It encourages keeping all the balls going during multiball vs trapping most of the balls on one flipper then using the other flipper to play one ball at a time. More fun to watch and play with others. Imagine how long the multiballs would last otherwise when playing with people who are good at that technique.

It's not like no-hold flippers, you can still trap, hold and shoot but you have to be aware of your boo meter. People will get more skilled at shooting on the fly.

#3096 3 years ago

Drink and smoke it while playing pinball folks, not while trying to make a sensible point.

#3097 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Drink and smoke it while playing pinball folks, not while trying to make a sensible point.

Gotcha lol

#3098 3 years ago

I paid for the LE today. I’m 100% excited!

Re: multiballs
I intend to change the settings to make the game harder in this regard (nerf the 4 booster multiballs, reduce the add a balls in the song multiballs, set a max on ball saver time). If this makes the game too hard to progress through, I can always make the game set up easier (lower the posts on the outlanes) or make song modes easier to reach, kind of like how some people set up Metallica to make crank it up easier to qualify.

I’m sure a lot of people will be posting their preferred game settings over the next several weeks.

#3099 3 years ago

Why overthink what you are seeing?

There will never be a holy grail pinball machine that will please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

I guarantee you I don’t need to see anything more to know that “the total experience” with respect to GNR is gonna be phenomenal.

I’m as excited about the arrival of this pin as any in a long time. And I do get excited!!!

Some won’t like it for whatever reason, theme, MBs, shots etc but they will be in the extreme minority and that’s their right/loss. Different strokes.

#3100 3 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I paid for the LE today. I’m 100% excited!
Re: multiballs
I intend to change the settings to make the game harder in this regard (nerf the 4 booster multiballs, reduce the add a balls in the song multiballs, set a max on ball saver time). If this makes the game too hard to progress through, I can always make the game set up easier (lower the posts on the outlanes) or make song modes easier to reach, kind of like how some people set up Metallica to make crank it up easier to qualify.
I’m sure a lot of people will be posting their preferred game settings over the next several weeks.

What's your feeling about the upper PF/locks do you think the SE will feel like it's missing too much??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/62?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.