pasted_image (resized).png
F794FF18-624F-407D-88C7-4BF7B927090B (resized).jpeg
IMG_20210308_033402 (resized).jpg
E2B32D93-9D97-4596-8CF1-D142182A1729 (resized).jpeg
4ACDB43A-DE59-440E-95AE-6EC6AAB858AD (resized).jpeg
01425449-AD0E-4C9A-9D33-993990E99DA9 (resized).jpeg
94EBEBB2-873B-4681-8F33-DA633660CBC2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 111.
#3001 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It’s called marketing- it’s the theme they pushed through every aspect of the launch. The stated intent of the game design, the technical highlights, every interview repeats it, etc.
People say “it’s like a concert...” because that is what they seeded into everyone’s mind

It’s the best light-show and experience of being in a concert than any other pin to date.

#3002 3 years ago

Post deleted.

I decided I don't care anymore.

#3003 3 years ago

Well, I just spent about 2 hours on this game today. I played about 10 game. I do own a POTCLE and Eric has another great game here.

There is a mix of some chopping wood and flow as well, kind of reminds me of Metallica a bit in that way. It is chopping to get all the band members in the beginning to start a song. Once your in the song, get ready...it gets intense. My hands were sweating a bit from time to time. The music seems to turn up a bit louder. I found myself numerous times singing and rocking out to the songs...high school all over.

You can make some shots from the flipper over the spinning disk, through the pops and up to the roll overs.

The upper playfield is interesting enough for me. Sometimes a shot will bypass the flipper and make it into the lock mech of the guitar head.

It is fun when you get to flip it up there and get it into the VUK, then it comes fast down the bass rails....love it.

There is not too much that I don't like in the game. The center VUK shot, I don't care for that much. I had it pop out a couple of time and had to nudge the machine so it would not go SDTM. The game was not quite level, slight lean to the right.

It seemed to me that the record was not on there tight enough, looked to have some wobble.

Drum stick ramp is super cool and of course the light show. Probably the best ever....so far.

I forgot to mention the skill shot, way to think outside of the box Eric. It is tough to hit consistently. I enjoyed it.

It definitely has something for everyone, but not everyone will want to own it. I couldn't stand the music of Iron Maiden...so it left the collection.

I can see down the road if you don't like the music, it probably will not stay forever in your collection.

For me, yea...I am getting one....loved it!

Kidchrisso

#3004 3 years ago

I played a ton of games over the course of the day at the Cointaker event. My thoughts so far:

Pros:
The overall integration of the lights and sound with the theme are amazing.Hot rails, can lights, and playfield LEDs all work to make a beautiful show.

LE art package looks great.

Upper playfield is more satisfying than I thought due to the two shot options.

Shots are not hard but the center scoop was not a gimme like I thought it would be in single ball play. You can hit the scoop from the upper flipper too.

Pick spinner rips feel/sound great.

When you start a song you lose yourself in the game juggling multiballs and jamming along to the music.

Risk/reward for continuing to add balls to song instead of cashing out is great. There were a couple games where I had a couple million banked that I failed to cash out. Some of those games I choose to keep going where others I failed to hit the scoop. Either way the pressure was on and this was a fun mechanic.

Cons:
The soft plunge skill shot feels completely out of my control. The super soft spring means the difference between one rollover and another is almost indistinguishable. Doing a standard lit lane skill shot would have been more satisfying.

When you drain from the upper playfield the ball goes directly into the right out lane 80% of the time unless you nudge up right before it leaves the lane. It does not look like this metal rail is adjustable.

The middling things:
Axl sculpt and Slash hat look cool but overall dont add much.

I dont love or hate the record spinner. I just feel like it could have been a more interesting toy.

Callouts are all over the place. Slash’s call outs feel unnatural but Melissa’s sound great.

The inserts for the lit shots are super small and when the song light show is going you really have to pay attention to what is pulsing different colors all while juggling multiballs.

Overall:
I think the game is great and shakes up the idea of what makes a top pinball title. Everyone keeps saying it is an “experience” and while that may sound cliche it is the word that best describes the game. I’m sure I will pick up an LE eventually I just need to sell some arcade titles to make room and build funds.

#3005 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It’s called marketing-
People say “it’s like a concert...” because that is what they seeded into everyone’s mind

And Some say it because they Played It!

#3006 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It’s called marketing- it’s the theme they pushed through every aspect of the launch. The stated intent of the game design, the technical highlights, every interview repeats it, etc.

If they shouted it from the rooftops that it was a concert and it didn’t deliver on that everyone would call them out. Guess what? It totally delivers. Not just marketing.

#3007 3 years ago

With POTC and now GNR the future looks bright again for JJP. Eric is the real deal for sure. New factory and location will also help them succeed IMO. I hope they remember that a huge part of the feel this pin gives is because of full assets and how they are implemented. This is how JJP should do all their future pins. Hopefully this approach catches on across the entire industry at some point. It is no surprise to me that some of the great pins from the past also had great assets paired with near perfect integration.

This is what I have been looking for in modern pins and I am sure others feel the same. To me JJP should have always built the best pins. And with the formula used in GnR they should be the best going forward. Well done JJP!

#3008 3 years ago

Played 20+ games on GNR LE tonight, and boy it was just as I expected - a big let down. I played this at a spot in Brooklyn with some serious pinball players and casual players like my wife who loves GNR and thinks pinball is fun. From my perspective, the shots and rules just aren't intuitive enough to know what you're doing and what your'e going for. What do patches do? Why am I collecting band members? It's never really explained.

Although the lightshow has been presented as the best feature of the game, at times it's completely detrimental. "Hit the flashing shots"???? Everything is flashing... what am I supposed to hit? In the 20-25 games I played, I lit about 15 songs or so (replayed my favorites). Unfortunately, I found some songs to be kind of unplayable unless you just buy time. "Out ta Get me," the entire playfield was dark to the point I couldn't even see the ball. Brutal drains down the outlanes as well.

No one among us could understand why it's so hard to listen to Guns N Roses and making you "earn a song" seems like a huge oversight. After like 20 plays, I don't think I ever played a song more than 1:30. If you enjoy it, good for you, but next to Hot Wheels which was the overwhelming favorite, this one was a big stinker.

#3009 3 years ago
Quoted from bennyprofane:

Played 20+ games on GNR LE tonight, and boy it was just as I expected - a big let down. I played this at a spot in Brooklyn with some serious pinball players and casual players like my wife who loves GNR and thinks pinball is fun. From my perspective, the shots and rules just aren't intuitive enough to know what you're doing and what your'e going for. What do patches do? Why am I collecting band members? It's never really explained.
Although the lightshow has been presented as the best feature of the game, at times it's completely detrimental. "Hit the flashing shots"???? Everything is flashing... what am I supposed to hit? In the 20-25 games I played, I lit about 15 songs or so (replayed my favorites). Unfortunately, I found some songs to be kind of unplayable unless you just buy time. "Out ta Get me," the entire playfield was dark to the point I couldn't even see the ball. Brutal drains down the outlanes as well.
No one among us could understand why it's so hard to listen to Guns N Roses and making you "earn a song" seems like a huge oversight. After like 20 plays, I don't think I ever played a song more than 1:30. If you enjoy it, good for you, but next to Hot Wheels which was the overwhelming favorite, this one was a big stinker.
[quoted image]

sooooo...not enough multiballs?

#3010 3 years ago

[quoted image]

You preferred Hot Wheels over GnR. Enough said.....

#3011 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You preferred Hot Wheels over GnR

and i'm sure he will not be alone...
for now, than we are 2 !

#3012 3 years ago

GNR will not escape the fact that it won’t please everyone...as any else pinball machine.

From what i see (reviews, layout, rules, some streamings..), it is not a game i could buy without some hours playing it...what i didn't do for AIQ. (It doesn’t mean i’m not wrong on all the line)

#3013 3 years ago

Why am I collecting band members?

#3014 3 years ago

Got an extended amount of time on GNR LE @ Helicon Brewing today. Here's my thoughts:

Appearance: absolutely stunning. Game looks like a $10,000 piece of equipment. Cabinet on the LE looks much better in person than the reveal pics. Obviously the theme integration, world under glass feel is totally there to an extent that to date, may be unmatched.

Gameplay: there are some unique shots in this game and overall I did really like the way it flowed. Some of the feeds are questionable though. For example, if you do not complete one of the shots from the upper field, the feed back on the lower field is immediately subject to losing the ball down the right outlane. This is not a problem for a veteran player but for a new casual player, this could be a turn off. The center scoop was ejecting to the tip of the left flipper, it never center drained me but I can see that possibly an adjustment may be necessary in the future. I love how the ramp deverters work, the feed to the upper right flipper is pretty cool. Very innovative thinking on the overall 2.5 tier layout.

LCD Screen: animations are great, screen was keeping the interest of those watching around me. I was doing a little more screen watching than normal and some of the house animations were pretty cool. Particularly the mystery award with the bullets being loaded into the revolver. During regular gameplay the screen displays well with what objectives are being accomplished and overall what your progress is etc. The song start was a little confusing but I got the idea and myself not knowing the rules as well as some others, it eventually clicked.

Final thoughts: what a great accomplishment for all those at Jersey Jack Pinball. The game looks and feels that part. All games this day in age have become heavy in the cost department, this game delivers a look and feel that match the price. I'm thrilled to have another JJP title on location for everyone to enjoy and it seems like the community is really positive on this latest release. I want to stress that I really love what this next generation is bring to the market. The geometry of the layouts are so fresh and I think the innovation will only be pushed further with this infusion of new talent!

Sorry for the lengthy post, as a slightly above average player, I want anyone on the fence, who is unable to get to a location to play the game to understand some of what we have here with GNR. Best of luck to all looking to add this title. I think you will be very happy!

#3015 3 years ago

[quoted image]

... 20-25 games you played?...

Sometimes when I try new games at my Distributor place, I leave them after the 1st or 2nd Ball... for me that’s more than enough to walk away.

I know that GN’R it is an Impressive game. I Proudly placed my order the past Tuesday, I’m very happy with my purchase, I wish you the same happiness with Hot Wheels if you bought it(or if you’re planning to buy that one).

#3016 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

... 20-25 games you played?...
Sometimes when I try new games at my Distributor place, I leave them after the 1st or 2nd Ball... for me that’s more than enough to walk away.
I know that GN’R it is an Impressive game. I Proudly placed my order the past Tuesday, I’m very happy with my purchase, I wish you the same happiness with Hot Wheels if you bought it(or if you’re planning to buy that one).

So you basicly said that you judge games after one or two balls.

#3017 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

So you basicly said that you judge games after one or two balls.

You dont believe in love at first site?

#3018 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hot Wheels is a great players game. Very challenging. Multiballs are earned. Definitely not the same BOM as a JJP LE game. But it has some great rules.

#3019 3 years ago

Really looking forward to this game, but 1 question...
Why can't JJP figure out flippers? Seems almost everybody have a comment that they are not as good as Stern's
Is it just a matter of changing factory default settings?

#3020 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Hot Wheels is a great players game. Very challenging. Multiballs are earned. Definitely not the same BOM as a JJP LE game. But it has some great rules.

Effectively we don’t need to denigrate a game in order to enhance another one.

Each game is different and will meet their customers. Everyone has his own expectations, the more we get choice the better it is.

I think i know more about features, just need to get some niceties about song rules.

#3021 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I’m all for people having opinions and quite frankly, this game isn’t perfect but once I heard hot wheels was the overall favorite (a game I’ve played that was SO bad, I just let everything drain), I stopped reading haha.

#3022 3 years ago

Btw - I love that little guitar rift that plays while the gun is loading during mystery. So good.

#3023 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’m all for people having opinions and quite frankly, this game isn’t perfect but once I heard hot wheels was the overall favorite (a game I’ve played that was SO bad, I just let everything drain), I stopped reading haha.

That’s some funny crap. All pinballs are good in their one way but GNR is a special pinball. Haters going to hate.

#3024 3 years ago

Has anyone internationally been able to play one yet? And by International I don't mean Canadians lol

#3025 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and i'm sure he will not be alone...
for now, than we are 2 !

Great, cause that means you will never have to worry that your favorite game is sold out.

#3026 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Thanks for the feedback. Hard to cut through the hype when everyone is excited (though may be justifiable in this case). I want to hear all opinions before decided to buy a game. This isn’t the owners club.

#3027 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Thanks for the feedback. Hard to cut through the hype when everyone is excited (though may be justifiable in this case). I want to hear all opinions before decided to buy a game. This isn’t the owners club.

Have to agree.
The guy really contributed.

If you feel it´s a complete mystery why you have to get the band together, to have them play a song, then this game is not for you.

#3028 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Have to agree.
The guy really contributed.
If you feel it´s a complete mystery why you have to get the band together, to have them play a song, then this game is not for you.

I mean I know that because I watched a video that explained it. Does the game tell you to that is how you play a song? I felt the rest of his comments made sense. JJP did feel the need to add a 7inch screen to help direct shots so the inserts being a bit overwhelming is probably right.

#3029 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I mean I know that because I watched a video that explained it. Does the game tell you to that is how you play a song? I felt the rest of his comments made sense. JJP did feel the need to add a 7inch screen to help direct shots so the inserts being a bit overwhelming is probably right.

First impressions are everything to some pinheads. So it is understandable that someone doesn't enjoy the game because they don't understand it initially. Or sometimes people write off a game as SO bad because they can't make any shots...and pretend that they intentionally drained balls because of that. I feel like I need around 50 plays to really understand a game. A lot of times that means a game needs to be home to truly get a feel for it...especially now with all the limitations on location play.

I am hoping to get to play an SE this upcoming weekend. Not sure if our location will have one yet. Looking forward to flipping some GnR soon!

#3030 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Why can't JJP figure out flippers? Seems almost everybody have a comment that they are not as good as Stern's

Dunno why but all JJP games flippers feel super weak compared to stern. Thats one main reason I tend to prefer flipping Sterns. I own a Wonka and have GnR on order. JJP does have flipper strength in the settings. I upped the power to make them feel more stern-ish on my wonka, but theres certainly the possibility that it drastically changes the shot angles to what the designer intended. So I guess play around with it and find what you like.

#3031 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I own 2 JJP games. Have had zero issues dialing them in. Flippers on mine are perfect. So, short answer to your question is: yes.

#3032 3 years ago

Nothing shocking about someone not liking a new game. Feedback is feedback etc. I’m going to play one (LE) this week and really looking forward to it.

Are any of the streams saved to YouTube?

#3033 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Turn off all "add a balls", extra balls, etc as you wish!

The problem with this is if the game was build around multiball taking them out could affect the progression of the game

#3034 3 years ago

I have had occasions where I had played games (Woz, LotR, TWD, SW) where I didn't like a bit even after playing many different times but they grew on me and now I love them very much. Some games like Tron, SM, ST etc.. liked from the first play.

#3035 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Nothing shocking about someone not liking a new game. Feedback is feedback etc. I’m going to play one (LE) this week and really looking forward to it.
Are any of the streams saved to YouTube?

Of course! Check out Buffalo Pinball on YouTube

#3036 3 years ago

Since the goal of this game is to stay alive in the song modes til the end, I wonder how long theoretically you could play if you max out each song to PLATINUM? Seems around 2 hours if the game has 15 songs (not counting hurryups and riffs) and avg 8min/song! Imagine that game!
Game looks great. Looking forward to playing it for sure.

#3037 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes it is. The inserts also tell you what to do.

The prior discussion you had with another Pinsider was about how hard that is to do with all inserts flashing

#3038 3 years ago

Right now my only "concern" with this game is the long term lastability. And by long term I mean will it last 1-2 years in a small (3 game) collection. I don't doubt that the A/V experience is mind blowing. I am sure you get absolutely lost and immersed during songs. That sounds awesome. I just wonder how awesome that will still be once you put 500 games into the machine and you've gone through hundreds of songs. Time will tell I guess.

#3039 3 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Game looks like a $10,000 piece of equipment. Cabinet on the LE looks much better in person than the reveal pics. Obviously the theme integration, world under glass feel is totally there to an extent that to date, may be unmatched.

My thoughts exactly.

#3040 3 years ago

Looking at the rules, to start a song, collect band members.

Do you have to collect band members for every new song in the game?

And if so, how many times do you need to do this to get to the final wizard mode?

Or are there short cuts?

#3041 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Imagine that game!

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#3042 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Watch a stream and you figure it out in 2 minutes.

Best advice, go play it for yourself and decide, especially if you can't watch a 2 hr stream and know whether or not the game is right for you.

#3043 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Right now my only "concern" with this game is the long term lastability. And by long term I mean will it last 1-2 years in a small (3 game) collection. I don't doubt that the A/V experience is mind blowing. I am sure you get absolutely lost and immersed during songs. That sounds awesome. I just wonder how awesome that will still be once you put 500 games into the machine and you've gone through hundreds of songs. Time will tell I guess.

Yeah - that's my concern also. Right now I think the game is amazing "even though I'm not a huge GnR fan".
A little while from now, maybe these innovations are in most games and if I have to hear Paradise City one more time I'll pull my hair out.

#3044 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Looking at the rules, to start a song, collect band members.
Do you have to collect band members for every new song in the game?
And if so, how many times do you need to do this to get to the final wizard mode?
Or are there short cuts?

You do have to play 4 songs at least to get to the final wizard, but it can be more than 4 because you need 3 minutes of songs play on each album so if you had 2:55 you would need to play another song at least 5 seconds to qualify. One thing that is different is the song Patience which is a special song and it divides the song time to the other four albums so if you play 4 minutes on that song it would give you one minute credit on each album.

My understanding that band members can be spotted for you as you proceed with second and third ball get 1 and 2 members spotted for you (and like more if you change the menu settings) also there is a J A M insert over one of the lanes and when you light that and hit a certain shot it will spot several band members.

Also I think some skill shots will light a few members and I think maybe some patches will light members and maybe even light a song (IDK)

#3045 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

EVERY game, including the 2 games you currently own have a "long term lastability" issue depending on how much you play it.

After playing my AFMLE enough it was bye bye after 2 years. Same thing with LOTRLE, SM etc. I don't play TWDLE much anymore because i've beaten it a handful of times and it doesn't have the same appeal anymore. Still one of the best pins ever!

500 games on it? Not even close to scratching the surface of GNR. 4-5k plays, maybe.

#3046 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't play TWDLE much anymore because i've beaten it a handful of times and it doesn't have the same appeal anymore.

Install a tilt bob...problem solved.

#3047 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Has anyone internationally been able to play one yet? And by International I don't mean Canadians lol

not in France coz of customs

#3048 3 years ago

Does Pinball Browser work on JJP games? Maybe I can change out all of the songs and videos to Foo Fighters when GnR songs start to get repetitive

#3049 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Does Pinball Browser work on JJP games? Maybe I can change out all of the songs and videos to Foo Fighters when GnR songs start to get repetitive

No.

#3050 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Since the goal of this game is to stay alive in the song modes til the end, I wonder how long theoretically you could play if you max out each song to PLATINUM? Seems around 2 hours if the game has 15 songs (not counting hurryups and riffs) and avg 8min/song! Imagine that game!
Game looks great. Looking forward to playing it for sure.

Franck, i hope there is way more to do than staying alive in each song mode like shooting specific shots to progress to a goal. unless i assume it would be boring quickly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guns-n-roses-hype/page/61?hl=jacksparrow0112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.